PDA

View Full Version : Y’all keep saying Joel embiid has the better team…ok let’s test it out….

Mask the Embiid
05-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Who is the better player? Imma let you shoot yourself in the foot. Who would you rather have in game 7…. And I dare you to fking to lie. Yeah what I thought now stfu with that narrative

ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Spurs m8
05-05-2023, 09:44 PM
Meltdown

Someone is feeling the pinch of the Embiid team kill

Axe
05-05-2023, 09:45 PM
@AltAcc

LAL
05-05-2023, 09:47 PM
I agree this team sucks

The city sucks too, maybe that's why, i'm not sure.

tontoz
05-05-2023, 09:48 PM
For the record Murray was 0-9 from 3 last game, 3-15 overall

:oldlol:

Of course Denver still won thanks to joker's 39/16.

Proctor
05-05-2023, 09:52 PM
OP turning on Harden after sucking him off....

:roll:

Mask the Embiid
05-05-2023, 10:02 PM
Bruce brown or Tobias Harris in the playoffs….?ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!!

DMAVS41
05-05-2023, 10:04 PM
The Sixers just won a road playoff game in Boston without Joel. I don't understand the impetus to make this thread.

Must have a pretty good team to do that and they are right in this game tonight despite both Harden/Maxey shooting poorly...seems like a pretty good team to me.

plowking
05-05-2023, 10:05 PM
So a former MVP vs a guy that hasn't made an All star or All NBA team?

Don't f*cking lie when you vote either guys. Don't you dare!

Mask the Embiid
05-05-2023, 10:10 PM
Y’all keep bringing up regular season stats and awards….ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!!!!

Wally450
05-05-2023, 10:16 PM
Worry about losing in the second round.

Kblaze8855
05-05-2023, 10:20 PM
There is absolutely no question Embiid has a better team.

Taurus
05-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Murray and MPJ as your second and third best players isn't exactly an all time supporting cast.

RRR3
05-05-2023, 10:26 PM
Embiid is injured so you should probably use that instead of pretending Jokic has a better team.

Real Men Wear Green
05-05-2023, 10:30 PM
To much focus is placed on who is playing with a star and who isn't. Harden is still very good and would have been allstar if he didn't miss so many games. If you saw him in game 1 you know it's not mental. It's Jaylen Brown defending him now and causing this older version of Harden problems with superior size and athleticism. Murray isn't going to be defended by anyone on Phoenix that can do to him what Brown does to Harden so he gets to look better.

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 07:38 AM
There is absolutely no question Embiid has a better team.

It really is hilarious.

I can't even imagine a Joel fan making this thread after he misses game 1 and the Sixers win a road playoff game against the now title favorite and team that is coming off making the finals last year.

With the 2nd best player on the team playing a historically good playoff game to get it done.

No non-historically loaded team (Durant Warriors) is going to be perfect, but everything supports the Sixers supporting cast being really quality. They performed decent without Joel on the court all year, went 11-5 without him, and again...just won a road playoff game without him.

tontoz
05-06-2023, 08:19 AM
What was the big difference in Philly's offense between game 1 and games 2 and 3? With Embiid playing they played a lot slower. They didn't push the ball up the court because they had to wait for Embiid to shuffle his way up the floor.

Spuddywebby
05-06-2023, 08:24 AM
What was the big difference in Philly's offense between game 1 and games 2 and 3? With Embiid playing they played a lot slower. They didn't push the ball up the court because they had to wait for Embiid to shuffle his way up the floor.

Unfortunately for Sixers the fans/management are so in love with Embiid and his 50 point games against Kelly Olynyk in February that by the time they figure out you can’t win a chip in todays NBA with him as a first option (before you even take into account his penchant for injuries), he will have little value in the trade market.

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 09:06 AM
Just like I thought. Not one person with a str8 face in this thread said “I’d rather have James Harden as my teams 2nd option over Jamal Murray” not even 1 fking person could just flat out say it. They had to bring up awards from 6 years ago. Imagine gettin praised for showing up for only one game in a 7 game series as a all time great….imagine the measuring stick being that low for people today, that showing up one fking game in a series is something to brag about. “Well he showed up game 1. What else do you want him to do”. Like what?!!!!!! What the fk is wrong with y’all?!

Eat…..Shit! All of you

You are a all time great I’m going hold you to a different standard….you’re damn right! Idk wtf these mfs in this thread is talking about. I’m not them!

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 09:13 AM
I don’t give a **** what you did in the regular season 6 years ago…. I don’t care what you did in the regular season period honestly…What the fk do you do in the playoffs when it actuallly matters????????? You are considered an all time great….right????right!!!! So prove it! For fking once prove it!!! You are supposedly the greatest player in this series by accomplishments….PROVE IT!!!!!

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 09:19 AM
My standards are different for “all time greats”….way higher standards than all of you apparently. showing up 1 game in a series is not enough…..scoring 16 points in a game is not enough! Shooting under 45% every single fking series IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Turning the ball over 8 times for 12 assist is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Get fking better!

I’ll gladly take a mike Conley 7 assist with 1 turnover game than this BS! I’ll gladly take a high iq, old man (mavs) jason Kidd game over this BS!

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 09:23 AM
Get this mf off my team….fk em

90sgoat
05-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Murray and MPJ as your second and third best players isn't exactly an all time supporting cast.

They're both really good offensive players when they're on. MPJ is like a poor man Tatum/Durant mix, but with both it seems they are not consistent.

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 10:29 AM
I don’t give a **** what you did in the regular season 6 years ago…. I don’t care what you did in the regular season period honestly…What the fk do you do in the playoffs when it actuallly matters????????? You are considered an all time great….right????right!!!! So prove it! For fking once prove it!!! You are supposedly the greatest player in this series by accomplishments….PROVE IT!!!!!

Joel is currently averaging 23/8/2 in this series and has missed a game....and his team won the game he missed.

How about Joel actually play like one of the best players of all-time right at age 29 which should be his peak...before you start complaining so much about his help.

Like I said before, I hope he can get out of the 2nd round for the first time in his career.

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 10:34 AM
Joel is currently averaging 23/8/2 in this series and has missed a game....and his team won the game he missed.

How about Joel actually play like one of the best players of all-time right at age 29 which should be his peak...before you start complaining so much about his help.

Like I said before, I hope he can get out of the 2nd round for the first time in his career.
Right like he’s not playing with a grade 2 knee sprain…
Name one person who has ever called joel embiid one of the best players of all time…don’t worry I’ll wait jackass.
I seriously am starting to think that some of you just post without thinking… imagine a Luka fan even trying to talk shit this season….seriously imagine

Imagine a Luka fluffer trying to talk down on someone else for blaming teammates. Like what is this bizzaro world?

meat
05-06-2023, 10:39 AM
You just said this in the game thread .... "Role players gon wild… we are losing to a team of fking role players. This shit is disgusting!"

Are you stupid or were you drunk?

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 10:41 AM
Name one person who has ever called joel embiid one of the best players of all time…don’t worry I’ll wait jackass.
I seriously am starting to think that some of you just post without thinking… imagine a Luka fan even trying to talk shit this season….seriously imagine

I call Joel Embiid one of the best players of all-time. Do you actually not think he's one of the 30 or so best players ever? He's ****ing amazing and you have too low of expectations for him if you don't think he's one of the best ever.

It isn't talking shit. It is simply pointing out that it has only been 3 games in this series...and his ****ing team won a road playoff game without him....and Joel himself is hardly playing at a dominant level when he's been back.

Lastly, injuries don't make a player better...you guys really have to stop with this shit...players getting hurt makes them worse...they help their teams less if they aren't playing at their normal level...doesn't matter the reason. Now, if it is a couple one off things in the totality of a career...cool, and of course we know Joel isn't 100%....but people like you want to talk about circumstances for the guy you like...and never for anyone else.

At some point...Joel is going to have to play well enough and consistently enough to get to a conference finals or finals...and acting like that is just impossible with his current team is ignorant. You are too biased to see reality.

You'd be destroying Jokic if this was reversed....hell, you'll destroy Jokic if they lose to the Suns and he puts up 31/17/9 (60% TS) like he currently is for the series.

That is why you can't be taken seriously...your standards for the player you claim is worse than Joel (I think I actually agree with you that Joel is better, but probably not to the extent you do)...are actually higher than the standards you have for Joel.

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2023, 10:44 AM
You just said this in the game thread .... "Role players gon wild… we are losing to a team of fking role players. This shit is disgusting!"

Are you stupid or were you drunk?

I call Joel Embiid one of the best players of all-time. Do you actually not think he's one of the 30 or so best players ever? He's ****ing amazing and you have too low of expectations for him if you don't think he's one of the best ever.

It isn't talking shit. It is simply pointing out that it has only been 3 games in this series...and his ****ing team won a road playoff game without him....and Joel himself is hardly playing at a dominant level when he's been back.

Lastly, injuries don't make a player better...you guys really have to stop with this shit...players getting hurt makes them worse...they help their teams less if they aren't playing at their normal level...doesn't matter the reason. Now, if it is a couple one off things in the totality of a career...cool, and of course we know Joel isn't 100%....but people like you want to talk about circumstances for the guy you like...and never for anyone else.

At some point...Joel is going to have to play well enough and consistently enough to get to a conference finals or finals...and acting like that is just impossible with his current team is ignorant. You are too biased to see reality.

He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one

Prometheus
05-06-2023, 10:46 AM
To much focus is placed on who is playing with a star and who isn't. Harden is still very good and would have been allstar if he didn't miss so many games. If you saw him in game 1 you know it's not mental. It's Jaylen Brown defending him now and causing this older version of Harden problems with superior size and athleticism. Murray isn't going to be defended by anyone on Phoenix that can do to him what Brown does to Harden so he gets to look better.

:facepalm

:facepalm

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You are, right?

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 10:51 AM
He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t not mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one

I have no idea what Luka has to do with this. He had a very good team last year, just not a championship level team....and I would never expect his team last year to be able to win a game or multiple games in a series against the Celtics with him not playing or playing at the level Joel is currently playing at.

I have no idea what you think referencing the injury means. What does that mean? It's just another way of saying Joel is not impacting the game as much as he normally would...right? So, you understand that...and your response is to destroy his help that already won a game without him.

Should they have won games 2 and 3? Were you expecting this to be a sweep? Were you expecting Philly to win this series easily with Joel missing games and not playing at an elite level?

I honestly have no ****ing clue what you are going on about...and I don't think you do either...you legit just said that Joel wasn't one of the best players ever. LOL

tontoz
05-06-2023, 10:53 AM
He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one

If the knee is that bad then why play him at all in game 2?

Real Men Wear Green
05-06-2023, 11:00 AM
:You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You are, right?
I won't say you aren't justified because he has a long history. But Game 1 he wasn't defended by Brown. Last night was overall terrible but notice that he made a few baskets in the fourth. And guess who wasn't in the game? Jaylen Brown. Brown is taller than him, far more athletic, just as strong and with Brown being a star himself he gets some respect from the referees negating Harden's normal aggravating free throw advantages. If you designed a player to defend Harden the result may well be Jaylen Brown.

A superstar shouldn't be possible to stop with one defender sure but that's another discussion (Harden is a little past his prime).

hold this L
05-06-2023, 11:58 AM
Sixers have a much better record when Embiid sits than Denver when Joker sits.

In the playoffs so far, Denver +11 with Joker on the court vs off, Embiid is +9. Embiid is a superstar, but he's not in the top 3 of the league right now (or ever IMO). He's way too frail to ever be at that level.

Manny98
05-06-2023, 12:11 PM
We tried to warn you about Frauden , worst playoff performing superstar ever

Manny98
05-06-2023, 12:14 PM

It's a great cast

Playoff Murray it is giving you 27/5/5

Porter and Gordon are borderline stars and KCP has become one of the best 3+D guards in the league

jayfan
05-06-2023, 12:16 PM
Philly already beat Boston without Embiid. Denver isn't winning a game without Jokic.

Is this really a thread?

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 12:29 PM
It's a great cast

Playoff Murray it is giving you 27/5/5

Porter and Gordon are borderline stars and KCP has become one of the best 3+D guards in the league

If Denver is a great cast...then Joel has a great cast.

I also think everyone has to be careful to not forget how truly great Jokic is offensively and how much easier he makes the game on his teammates offensively.

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Sixers have a much better record when Embiid sits than Denver when Joker sits.

In the playoffs so far, Denver +11 with Joker on the court vs off, Embiid is +9. Embiid is a superstar, but he's not in the top 3 of the league right now (or ever IMO). He's way too frail to ever be at that level.

It is really hard to extrapolate on/off in such a limited sample in the playoffs because stars sit in blowouts and play heavy minutes....so you end up getting some really crazy stuff most of the time.

But I agree...when looking at all the data and just evaluating the players...the notion that Jokic has better help just isn't true. People are forgetting, already, that the Sixers just won without Joel in Boston...and that the Celtics are a harder matchup for the Sixers than the Suns are for the Nuggets.

And, most importantly, Jokic is playing way better than Joel is playing...

Jokic is doing 31/17/9 (60% TS) in his series and Joel is doing 23/8/2 (61% TS) and has missed a game...of course the results are different.

Spuddywebby
05-06-2023, 01:37 PM

Imagine a Luka fluffer trying to talk down on someone else for blaming teammates. Like what is this bizzaro world?

BRuh, calm down, it’s like you are having a mental episode over people who don’t even know you exist. By the way, Luka has gotten further in the playoffs then Embiid, against tougher teams.

tpols
05-06-2023, 01:55 PM
I'm on the jokic side of the fence but can't really blame embiid when harden shits the bed this hard. Well see if he can redeem himself but I've seen him flame out the playoffs way too many times to believe it.

Harden typically dominates only when he's expected not to. Like Game 1. If you put any real pressure on him to win against an elite opponent, he usually folds.

tontoz
05-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Over the last two games Murray is 1-15 from 3. :bowdown:

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 02:13 PM
I'm on the jokic side of the fence but can't really blame embiid when harden shits the bed this hard. Well see if he can redeem himself but I've seen him flame out the playoffs way too many times to believe it.

Harden typically dominates only when he's expected not to. Like Game 1. If you put any real pressure on him to win against an elite opponent, he usually folds.

It isn't just Harden though. He is talking about the entirety of the teams.

Even just using these two series...because that is what he's talking about...here is what we have seen from the Sixers...

They won game 1 in Boston without him. Lost game 2 with him in which Joel was irrelevant in impact. Lost a winnable game 3 with Joel playing well and Harden/Maxey shooting poorly. I'd argue that those results actually speak to the Sixers being a quality team.

Win a road game without star and then be only down 4 points with under 4 minutes left with Joel not playing his best and Harden/Maxey shooting a combined 7/30.

I don't know, using a 3 game sample to judge a team is poor, but given the results of the regular season and this series...I don't see anything other than a pretty good supporting cast that I think would be up in this series if Joel was his normal dominant self in game 3.

tpols
05-06-2023, 02:23 PM
It isn't just Harden though. He is talking about the entirety of the teams.

Even just using these two series...because that is what he's talking about...here is what we have seen from the Sixers...

They won game 1 in Boston without him. Lost game 2 with him in which Joel was irrelevant in impact. Lost a winnable game 3 with Joel playing well and Harden/Maxey shooting poorly. I'd argue that those results actually speak to the Sixers being a quality team.

Win a road game without star and then be only down 4 points with under 4 minutes left with Joel not playing his best and Harden/Maxey shooting a combined 7/30.

I don't know, using a 3 game sample to judge a team is poor, but given the results of the regular season and this series...I don't see anything other than a pretty good supporting cast that I think would be up in this series if Joel was his normal dominant self in game 3.

I agree Philly is super talented but if Harden shoots 20% from here on out like he's done with embiid back that's shitty help. Harden doesn't really bring anything outside offense... no defense, rebounding, or intangibles so if your number 2 plays that bad on offense, that's pretty bad help.

DMAVS41
05-06-2023, 02:49 PM
I agree Philly is super talented but if Harden shoots 20% from here on out like he's done with embiid back that's shitty help. Harden doesn't really bring anything outside offense... no defense, rebounding, or intangibles so if your number 2 plays that bad on offense, that's pretty bad help.

Of course. He also won a game in Boston...the only game they have won in this series so far. Very few players are capable, in history, of doing what Harden did in game 1.

You know me...I'm not going to ignore help...and Harden has a whole history of playoff struggles...but at the same time, it's only been 3 games...and in 2 of those...Joel had a net impact of nothing. Missed one and was irrelevant for the other. I'm not going to draw much from a 3 game sample no matter what...especially when one of them was a 45 point masterpiece performance.

DMAVS41
05-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Cool story...tell us more about how bad the Sixers are outside of Joel...

Mask the Embiid
05-07-2023, 06:47 PM
Proud to be wrong for once….proud to be wrong fellas :applause:

Mask the Embiid
05-07-2023, 06:49 PM
We tried to warn you about Frauden , worst playoff performing superstar ever

Eat shit….:applause:

tpols
05-07-2023, 06:55 PM
Harden actually showed up lol.

Probably the clutchest shot of his entire career.

LoneyROY7
05-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Harden actually showed up lol.

Probably the clutchest shot of his entire career.

Game-tying shot in regulation, game-winner in OT.

2 game-winners in this series.

#JamesGang

RRR3
05-07-2023, 06:59 PM
Game-tying shot in regulation, game-winner in OT.

2 game-winners in this series.

#JamesGang
Only other time I can think of a player hitting two game winners in a series is LeBron in 2006 against Washington. Wonder how many times it’s happened before if ever.

LoneyROY7
05-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Only other time I can think of a player hitting two game winners in a series is LeBron in 2006 against Washington. Wonder how many times it’s happened before if ever.

He's hitting jump shots when it matters. He may not be as explosive as he used to be, but hitting crucial jumpers has always been the thing that eluded him in the playoffs.

Not now.

RRR3
05-07-2023, 07:09 PM
He's hitting jump shots when it matters. He may not be as explosive as he used to be, but hitting crucial jumpers has always been the thing that eluded him in the playoffs.

Not now.
Getting easier looks with Embiid on his team. Doesn't have to create his own 3s as much

Axe
05-07-2023, 07:28 PM
Duh process don't easily win games if the beardo ain't thriving.