HylianNightmare
05-07-2023, 07:54 PM
I would let her spit on me

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2023, 08:15 PM
Doris is actually a terrific analyst.

nineiron
05-07-2023, 10:24 PM
i can't decide who i hate listening to more, her or jeff van gundy. either way, they're both clueless lebron fans.

Full Court
05-07-2023, 11:34 PM
Doris is actually a terrific analyst.

No, she's actually not. She's either stating the obvious or parroting a BS narrative.

Xiao Yao You
05-07-2023, 11:50 PM
i can't decide who i hate listening to more, her or jeff van gundy. either way, they're both clueless lebron fans.

like Van Gundy as along as Mark Jackson isn't there too

kawhileonard2
05-07-2023, 11:53 PM
Need Bob Costas back.

aj1987
05-07-2023, 11:58 PM
like Van Gundy as along as Mark Jackson isn't there too

Van Gundy just said that resting players doesn't help with their fatigue and it doesn't matter if they play 30 or 45 minutes. Dude's a dumbass.

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2023, 12:08 AM
No, she's actually not. She's either stating the obvious or parroting a BS narrative.

This is simply incorrect. She’s articulate, makes legitimate points about whats going on, and also gets hyped at the right times.

Outside the Van Gundy’s I dont know who does better color commentary on national broadcasts at the moment. Reggie Miller? Hubie Brown? Richard Jefferson and JJ Reddick?

Gimme Big Clit Doris over all that.

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2023, 12:11 AM
Van Gundy just said that resting players doesn't help with their fatigue and it doesn't matter if they play 30 or 45 minutes. Dude's a dumbass.

He stubbornly sticks to contrarian points sometimes as part of his shtick, but he does break the basketball down very well.

Guy’s been a coach all his life, he knows what hes talking about.

aj1987
05-08-2023, 12:29 AM
He stubbornly sticks to contrarian points sometimes as part of his shtick, but he does break the basketball down very well.

Guy’s been a coach all his life, he knows what hes talking about.

I never said that he doesn't know ball. I said he's a dumbass.

bison
05-08-2023, 01:40 AM
I like Doris. She’s a bit vanilla but has a genuine love of the game and shows through her commentary. I Like JVG and Mark Jackson as a duo but they too often go on tangents. SVG is good. I like Reggie too, I don’t get the hate. As far as play by play Kevin Harlan kinda annoys me. He’s always loud. Breen is very bland, I don’t get why he’s the lead play by play guy for ABC/ESPN. If I can I always try to go with the local guys.

Prometheus
05-08-2023, 02:11 AM
I like Doris. She’s a bit vanilla but has a genuine love of the game and shows through her commentary. I Like JVG and Mark Jackson as a duo but they too often go on tangents. SVG is good. I like Reggie too, I don’t get the hate. As far as play by play Kevin Harlan kinda annoys me. He’s always loud. Breen is very bland, I don’t get why he’s the lead play by play guy for ABC/ESPN. If I can I always try to go with the local guys.

:biggums:

wtf?

bdonovan
05-08-2023, 02:20 AM
Van Gundy has no self-discipline. If you like his random opinions, fine, but you should go listen to that on a podcast. He has no business being a commentator in real time in a game.

Doris is sub-par, and likely there to diversify.

Jackson, Breen, Harlan, Reggie Miller are all excellent at their job - efficient in communication.

SATAN
05-08-2023, 05:00 AM

wtf?

Understandable comment. Breen repeats himself and chuckles at his own observations every game. He's good but I get sick of hearing him sometimes because it's become a little predictable. There are far worse obviously but I'd rather hear someone like Harlan and his weird sense of humor sometimes.

Breen is great in big games though I guess.

SATAN
05-08-2023, 05:01 AM
Also Michael Cage is terrible.

HoopologyPhD
05-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Bring back the GOAT Bill Walton

Agree one million percent, he puts the color in color analyst and hyper in hyperbole.
John Madden of the NBA

HoopologyPhD
05-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Agree one million percent, he puts the color in color analyst and hyper in hyperbole.
John Madden of the NBA

PS I was present in the lockeroom at a gym where Bill was supporting special needs athletes, he appeared to be the real deal and a genuinely kind person.

oldtimer28
05-09-2023, 01:51 AM
This is simply incorrect. She’s articulate, makes legitimate points about whats going on, and also gets hyped at the right times.

Outside the Van Gundy’s I dont know who does better color commentary on national broadcasts at the moment. Reggie Miller? Hubie Brown? Richard Jefferson and JJ Reddick?

Gimme Big Clit Doris over all that.

Terrible lowpoint of broadcasting. Rj and jj best of bad choices. Ncaa commentators were great.

I also liked vince carter and some other randoms.

Glad webber has gone. Miller, jvg, burke, and jackson are mute immediately for me.

oldtimer28
05-09-2023, 01:52 AM
PS I was present in the lockeroom at a gym where Bill was supporting special needs athletes, he appeared to be the real deal and a genuinely kind person.

Good to know. Says weird things but seems interesting. Better than many.

SaltyMeatballs
05-09-2023, 01:55 AM
JVG might say some dumb things but he’s entertaining. Doris is actually a pretty good analyst. Harlan and Mike Breen are the GOATs

warriorfan
05-09-2023, 02:10 AM
Terrible lowpoint of broadcasting. Rj and jj best of bad choices. Ncaa commentators were great.

Glad webber has gone. Miller, jvg, burke, and jackson are mute immediately for me.

webber always sounded like he just smoked too much weed

Trollsmasher
05-09-2023, 03:19 AM
Absolutely hate how she calls every player by their first name. You're a 60 years old white woman - you are not on first name terms with them and they are not going to fvck you.

bdonovan
05-09-2023, 04:08 AM

Yeah was also not a fan of Webber. Never said anything except "If you're a [Team name] fan, you're going to like how Player X is....".

bdonovan
05-09-2023, 04:08 AM
Absolutely hate how she calls every player by their first name. You're a 60 years old white woman - you are not on first name terms with them and they are not going to fvck you.

:oldlol:

bdonovan
05-09-2023, 04:11 AM
Bring back the GOAT Bill Walton

I assumed when I read it, this was some kind of joke.

Are any of you old enough to remember what it was like to have Walton call games? He was the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard. Instead of talking about the game, he would reminesce about his playing days. He managed to turn every discussion back to talking about himself. Other time, he would not comment on the game, but just babble about stuff in his life or that happened off the court or some lame story while the game was going on. Pure Hell.

Xiao Yao You
05-09-2023, 06:59 AM

Are any of you old enough to remember what it was like to have Walton call games? He was the absolute worst commentator I've ever heard. Instead of talking about the game, he would reminesce about his playing days. He managed to turn every discussion back to talking about himself. Other time, he would not comment on the game, but just babble about stuff in his life or that happened off the court or some lame story while the game was going on. Pure Hell.

pure entertainment

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 07:42 AM

not at all. I know just last Sixers-Boston game she pointed out what made that Sixers/Harden possession so potent.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 07:53 AM
Reggie Miller is underrated. He has a good voice and isnt too outrageous with his opinions as you might think. Also love his "Kodak Moment!" catchphrase.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 08:05 AM
I think its Ian Eagle whose been trying to be very hip with his catchphrases and commenting lately.

It feels forced and weird.

Kevin Harlan, Bill Walton and Marv Albert are the GOATs.

FKAri
05-09-2023, 12:53 PM

In all honesty as part of a trio he would be great. You're right that he wasn't the best at providing insights but a lot of these others guys are putting out redundant information. I don't need to hear shit like "oof that's a tough shot" and other meaningless statements.

Doris is OK. But out of the current crop I'd prefer a version of Jeff VanGundy where he's not getting up on a soapbox every other possession about something or other that grinds his gears.

SATAN
05-09-2023, 11:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 11:11 PM
It's funny, none of the NBA broadcasters really bother me, but I seem to dislike the majority of NFL ones lol.

ILLsmak
05-11-2023, 06:12 AM

wtf?

I agree w/ dood, prom. Breen is bland... trying to find his catch phrase... BANG!! Harlan is just like Marv Albert Lite. Also agree w/ Bill Walton, but you need a really good play by play to have him as color. Someone who knows when to react to his wild antics and when to continue calling the game.

GET A REBOUND. I dunno, Bill just brings something different. They need less of a blueprint and more diff people. That's why inside the nba is a hit despite there not really being an amazing analyst (sry KENNY! UR DREAMS,) cuz it's a collection of colorful personalities. They need that. Doris is colorful, imo, but all yall kids prol been playing too much 2k with the volume on.

She's def solid and I would never complain: college, nba, night on the town, I'm down for w/e.

Van Gundy is bordering on being a genius IMO. It might seem like he's saying random stuff, but he's not. He def has strong opinions on the game, which I also like, but it's not smiled upon. He'll criticize, or used to, calls, or act like the game is called diff at diff points. And everyone else is like ARE YOU IMPLYING THE NBA IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH FOUL CALLS?! And he's like ".... uhhh yeah."

Jackson is a bum imo. Reggie is cool.

I came here expecting a pic of Doris Burke WET.

Bill walton kinda senile now, haha, but in his prime, cmon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujlors5-nRw lol not in his prime, but I'm ded.

This is the walton we talk about when we're not trolling:

https://youtu.be/vX8-jgj_s1A?t=380

-Smak

bdonovan
05-11-2023, 07:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

:applause:

Ha exactly. This time he's trying to sound sophisticated; other rambles don't even make the attempt. Worst part is he's sober somehow. I have to be 5 drinks in before im comparing to boris diaw and beethoven, and even then only on eating habits.

bison
05-11-2023, 05:52 PM
Ha exactly. This time he's trying to sound sophisticated; other rambles don't even make the attempt. Worst part is he's sober somehow. I have to be 5 drinks in before im comparing to boris diaw and beethoven, and even then only on eating habits.

:facepalm

Dude is obviously clowning around.

"Robert Sarver....with the vision to SOMEHOW aquire Boris Diaw" :roll: C'mon if you can't tell that is deliberate hyperbole you have no sense of humor

bison
05-11-2023, 06:17 PM
I came here expecting a pic of Doris Burke WET.

Same here. Was disappointed to find that was not the case as I would have gladly offered my services as her personal towelboy.

Proctor
05-11-2023, 08:20 PM
I think its Ian Eagle whose been trying to be very hip with his catchphrases and commenting lately.

It feels forced and weird.

Kevin Harlan, Bill Walton and Marv Albert are the GOATs.
Eagle/Jim Jackson is a great pairing.

Mark Jones is the WOAT with the forced catchphrases..."oh, took his cornbread!" "Oh, he's in his bag like there's fries at the bottom!" He's insufferable.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Eagle/Jim Jackson is a great pairing.

Mark Jones is the WOAT with the forced catchphrases..."oh, took his cornbread!" "Oh, he's in his bag like there's fries at the bottom!" He's insufferable.

just now he called mid range shot a "middie" and then did the "in the air so long they should have done a movie on it" or whatever tf that is

Proctor
05-11-2023, 09:26 PM
just now he called mid range shot a "middie" and then did the "in the air so long they should have done a movie on it" or whatever tf that is
:roll: