PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Jokic vs Joel Embiid ( Lets Settle this debate)

Nike D'Antoni
05-07-2023, 09:48 PM
Nikola Jokic vs Joel Embiid

Who you got? For me, Jokic is far better.

SouBeachTalents
05-07-2023, 09:52 PM
I know it's ridiculous to say this about the current MVP, but this is honestly easily Jokic.

tpols
05-07-2023, 10:12 PM
If jokic got to play with Harden, Maxey, and Harris and pj tucker I don't think he would lose. His IQ and skill is too high.

Full Court
05-07-2023, 10:21 PM
This poll is looking rather one-sided.

Wally450
05-07-2023, 10:21 PM
Holy shit, that poll lol

LoneyROY7
05-07-2023, 10:23 PM
I've watched Embiid a lot since Harden joined...

It's not that close. Joker is the best in the world.

Hopefully, Embiid can show otherwise the rest of the playoffs.

SATAN
05-07-2023, 10:30 PM
19-0 :milton

RRR3
05-07-2023, 11:02 PM
Everyone knows it’s Jokic besides Philly stans

SouBeachTalents
05-07-2023, 11:03 PM
I doubt you could come up with another poll that starts out 26-0 :lol Not even a troll vote yet.

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2023, 11:12 PM
The answer is Jokic but Embiid is still a monster and his defensive value does make it close. It’s absolutely no slight to Embiid to say hes a hair below a guy who happens to have a game no one’s ever seen at the position before.

The difference is like Lebron and prime KD. Embiid and KD are lethal weapons, and thats great to have. But you always take an elite player who can conduct the whole orchestra, not just play some nice solos.

kawhileonard2
05-07-2023, 11:16 PM
I doubt you could come up with another poll that starts out 26-0 :lol Not even a troll vote yet.

Maybe like Hakeem vs Ewing or something like that after 1994 Finals if debateable.

FKAri
05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
I see Mask the Embiid JUST saw this thread.

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2023, 11:30 PM
I see Mask the Embiid JUST saw this thread.

I have a feeling Im So NBA’d Out, Gohan, et al will now be seeing this thread in quick succession.

Im Still Ballin
05-07-2023, 11:32 PM
The answer is Jokic but Embiid is still a monster and his defensive value does make it close. It’s absolutely no slight to Embiid to say hes a hair below a guy who happens to have a game no one’s ever seen at the position before.

The difference is like Lebron and prime KD. Embiid and KD are lethal weapons, and thats great to have. But you always take an elite player who can conduct the whole orchestra, not just play some nice solos.

You have a way with words, bro.

:applause:

Taurus
05-07-2023, 11:33 PM
There's no way you can see what Jokic has been doing recently and say Embiid.

The fact that the series is tied right now is criminal. Murray and MPJ might honestly be two of the dumbest players in the league.

Micku
05-07-2023, 11:51 PM
There's no way you can see what Jokic has been doing recently and say Embiid.

The fact that the series is tied right now is criminal. Murray and MPJ might honestly be two of the dumbest players in the league.

It's Booker been going crazy. Like abnormally crazy. If he didn't play this well, it would've been a sweep.

MPJ has to play better next game.

Im so nba'd out
05-08-2023, 03:24 AM
I have a feeling Im So NBA’d Out, Gohan, et al will now be seeing this thread in quick succession.

I have 2 accounts. I’m not gohan…

Mask the Embiid
05-08-2023, 07:20 AM
I don’t take anonymous pools serious btw.34-1 in favor of Jokic…..something smells fishy. This is the same site who has a owner that signs into long abandoned accounts to troll. I could never take this poll serious without seeing the names…..If you ask the players who is better the vote would be 34-1 the other way….

Once again i repeat I am not gohan… I don’t hide my accounts

Prometheus
05-08-2023, 07:36 AM
I'm a Sixers fan. I would run through a ****ing wall for Joel Embiid.

Jokic is obviously a better player.

(Even though Embiid can dominate him h2h).

kawhileonard2
05-08-2023, 08:23 AM
I'm a Sixers fan. I would run through a ****ing wall for Joel Embiid.

Jokic is obviously a better player.

(Even though Embiid can dominate him h2h).

Kinda like the Yao Vs Dwight back in the day. Dwight was better but Yao always dominated him head to head

tontoz
05-08-2023, 09:27 AM
:oldlol:

Manny98
05-08-2023, 10:13 AM
It's close Jokic has the edge on offense but Embiid has the edge on defense and can give you 30+ if he's not being defended by his dad (Horford)

I lean slightly towards Jokic just because he's shown to be more reliable in the playoffs but if you need defense you'd take Embiid

It's not a blowout like people seem to be acting in this thread, you're just being reactionary because Jokic just dropped 50 and Embiid had a sub par game

RRR3
05-08-2023, 10:43 AM
I don’t take anonymous pools serious btw.34-1 in favor of Jokic…..something smells fishy. This is the same site who has a owner that signs into long abandoned accounts to troll. I could never take this poll serious without seeing the names…..If you ask the players who is better the vote would be 34-1 the other way….

Once again i repeat I am not gohan… I don’t hide my accounts
Shaq literally just said Jokic is better yesterday. Fuming.

Prometheus
05-08-2023, 02:37 PM
It's close Jokic has the edge on offense but Embiid has the edge on defense and can give you 30+ if he's not being defended by his dad (Horford)

I lean slightly towards Jokic just because he's shown to be more reliable in the playoffs but if you need defense you'd take Embiid

It's not a blowout like people seem to be acting in this thread, you're just being reactionary because Jokic just dropped 50 and Embiid had a sub par game

Embiid literally just scored 30+ in back-to-back games against Horford.

Why are you always wrong about everything?

Celtics 1825
05-08-2023, 02:37 PM
Big Liggle :roll:

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2023, 03:03 PM
I have 2 accounts. I’m not gohan…

Fair enough.

Overdrive
05-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Jokic is the best player that came into the NBA since Lebron.

RRR3
05-08-2023, 03:56 PM
Jokic is the best player that came into the NBA since Lebron.
Uh...Curry?

Overdrive
05-08-2023, 04:02 PM
Uh...Curry?

Yes, including Curry. Curry is obviously greater and had more impact on the league wide style of play, but I think in a vacuum Jokic is a better basketball player. If that translates to team success has yet to be seen.

90sgoat
05-08-2023, 04:17 PM
Embiid is mentally too easy to distract and he is either lazy or soft or both, since he could dominate the league if he just posted up like Shaq, every single time down the floor. Instead he always ends up dribbling at the 3 point line or shooting Kobe fades at the baseline.

Just not a player that is "all there" mentally.

Manny98
05-08-2023, 05:29 PM
Embiid literally just scored 30+ in back-to-back games against Horford.

Why are you always wrong about everything?
Did you watch the game?

Horford shut down Embiid so bad in the 4th that he started passing and playing passive hence why PJ got on him

https://youtu.be/pGpQLNMwbwc

https://youtu.be/ZIr8duaO6co

bdonovan
05-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Jamal Murray is a solid #2. Embiid has a washed-up, erratic James Harden, who has gone something like 4 for 27 the last few games. Yet the 76ers ended up with a 54-28 record. One of the reasons Embiid overwhelmingly was voted MVP this year is because he's carried a team where the best supporting players are maxey and tobias harris. This is a lineup that goes nowhere without Embiid.

I generally don't support players who are not 2 way players for any award that claims they are the most valuable, impactful or whatever. The Nuggets are fortunate their front-line are strong, athletic players with length- Porter and Gordon- because without them they are vulnerable defensively since Jokic is slow and not a rim protector.

The prior 2 years he played without Murray and ran up the stats, this year not so much since Murray came back. Embiid is a more complete player, scores more, and is better defensively.

RRR3
05-08-2023, 06:30 PM
Jamal Murray is a solid #2. Embiid has a washed-up, erratic James Harden, who has gone something like 4 for 27 the last few games. Yet the 76ers ended up with a 54-28 record. One of the reasons Embiid overwhelmingly was voted MVP this year is because he's carried a team where the best supporting players are maxey and tobias harris. This is a lineup that goes nowhere without Embiid.

I generally don't support players who are not 2 way players for any award that claims they are the most valuable, impactful or whatever. The Nuggets are fortunate their front-line are strong, athletic players with length- Porter and Gordon- because without them they are vulnerable defensively since Jokic is slow and not a rim protector.

The prior 2 years he played without Murray and ran up the stats, this year not so much since Murray came back. Embiid is a more complete player, scores more, and is better defensively.
Another dimwitted post. Harden is still far better than Murray there’s no argument otherwise. You talk about Embiid’s impact but the Sixers were 11-5 without him, meaning they actually won at a higher rate when he sat. And then they proceeded to win two playoff road games without him, one against arguably the best team in the NBA. Meanwhile Jokic’s supposedly great help went 5-8 without him. Hilarious to see a Curry stan say they don’t like people who aren’t two way players considering Curry is a middling defender

tontoz
05-08-2023, 06:48 PM

Jokic just dropped a 50 piece and is averaging 31/13/9 in the playoffs with a TS of 61%. Are you trying to say those aren't great stats?

Meanwhile Philly is 2-0 in the playoffs without Embiid, including a win in Boston against the title favorites, and was 11-5 without Embiid during the season.

Weak trolling attempt. Do better

Edit: responded before I saw rrr3 who posted the same thing. Oh well it was worth repeating.

90sgoat
05-08-2023, 07:16 PM
Murray is better than current Harden when he is going off, but as we've seen, it is then combined with absolutely atrocious performances as well.

Harden rarely fails as bigly as Murray can do.

Also Maxey is a great player, not a star, but a very good energy player who defends and drives the ball, those are hard to come by in this NBA.

Tobias Harris is overpaid but also a solid offensive vet.

Tucker is another solid vet.

It's a good team. You have to make that work.

NBAGOAT
05-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Murray is better than current Harden when he is going off, but as we've seen, it is then combined with absolutely atrocious performances as well.

Harden rarely fails as bigly as Murray can do.

Also Maxey is a great player, not a star, but a very good energy player who defends and drives the ball, those are hard to come by in this NBA.

Tobias Harris is overpaid but also a solid offensive vet.

Tucker is another solid vet.

It's a good team. You have to make that work.

denver has a better team arguably. Murray is not harden I agree but he is putting up still 27ppg on 56ts%, he can play at an all star level often.. gordon was playing like an all star 1st half of the year and still finished with incredible impact numbers. Super versatile maybe easily the best "role player" in the league. porter is low iq but better than tobias and a great floor spacer and scorer. KCP is the nuggets worst starter and he's a very good 3nD guy. Pj is great for what he is but he offers nothing on offense.

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2023, 08:58 PM

Thats all great, but Joker is still the more valuable player overall.

Also you’re legitimately deranged.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2023, 09:00 PM

:biggums:

FultzNationRISE
05-08-2023, 09:06 PM
denver has a better team arguably. Murray is not harden I agree but he is putting up still 27ppg on 56ts%, he can play at an all star level often.. gordon was playing like an all star 1st half of the year and still finished with incredible impact numbers. Super versatile maybe easily the best "role player" in the league. porter is low iq but better than tobias and a great floor spacer and scorer. KCP is the nuggets worst starter and he's a very good 3nD guy. Pj is great for what he is but he offers nothing on offense.

The problem is Murray is not a threat as a playmaker. If you swap Joker and Embiid the Nuggets would be Murray and Joel taking turns shooting outside jumpers, it would actually be pretty wack. Jokic would make Philly’s offense better, and he’d elevate Harden significantly along with Maxey, Niang and so on.

Yes each team’s defensive caliber would also change but as they say good offense beats good defense, and Jokic’s ability to get every single drop out of every single player offensively is too effective. It’s prime Lebron-esque.

Hes the better player. Its that simple.

BarberSchool
05-09-2023, 12:01 AM
Athletically ? Obviously Embiid.

One on one ? Embiid no question.

Mentally ? Jokic no question.

5 on 5 with even teammates ? Jokic no question.

3 on 3 ? Embiid passing and decision making might be closer to Jokic’s with simpler/fewer options and defense to read. But Jokic decisions might be even higher efficiency & deadlier when simplified. Jokic.

Spurs m8
05-09-2023, 12:10 AM
Holy shit...the results lmfao

I haven't seen a poll this one sided since MJ ethered Bron in the GOAT poll

Prometheus
05-09-2023, 03:16 AM
Kinda like the Yao Vs Dwight back in the day. Dwight was better but Yao always dominated him head to head

If Yao could have stayed healthy, I doubt anyone would consider Dwight to have been better.

Ass Dan
05-09-2023, 05:08 AM
It is Jokic, I think that is quite clear.

BUT

Embiid has the ability in a one off to spank any other big around.

Answering Jokic doesn't diminish what Embiid is, its just that Jokic is doing some truly special shit.

RRR3
05-09-2023, 05:15 AM
There's very few people Embiid wouldn't beat one on one, but that is pretty irrelevant to 5 on 5.

90sgoat
05-09-2023, 06:34 AM
There's very few people Embiid wouldn't beat one on one, but that is pretty irrelevant to 5 on 5.

*Potentially beat one on one.

Am I the only one who sees that Embiid just doesn't want to play physical, even though he dominates the post when he does.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 06:58 AM
*Potentially beat one on one.

Am I the only one who sees that Embiid just doesn't want to play physical, even though he dominates the post when he does.

yea, he plays very frail. night and day compared to Jokic

bdonovan
05-09-2023, 07:43 AM
Another dimwitted post. Harden is still far better than Murray there’s no argument otherwise. You talk about Embiid’s impact but the Sixers were 11-5 without him, meaning they actually won at a higher rate when he sat. And then they proceeded to win two playoff road games without him, one against arguably the best team in the NBA. Meanwhile Jokic’s supposedly great help went 5-8 without him. Hilarious to see a Curry stan say they don’t like people who aren’t two way players considering Curry is a middling defender

Look at the teams the 76ers beat when Embiid sat: (https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/76ers-record-this-year-without-embiid)
Orlando (2x), Detroit, Toronto, Washington, Brooklyn (without Durant, Irving).

Of course they could beat those teams with or without Embiid.

The minute they played a good team like the Nuggets without Embiid they lost. Meanwhile with Embiid they beat the Nuggets 126-119. The days he sat does not seem like a representative sample because I see few of the top teams and a lot of scrub teams. Perhaps he was benched for load management against poor teams.

If you look at Nuggets without Jokic, they were stacked up against Phoenix twice and Milwaukee, NYK (https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nuggets-record-this-year-without-jokic). Different level of difficulty.

Curry puts 100% into defense and he has the strength and conditioning of someone who has put in the work. He works on his speed and agility in practices; I'm guessing the only time Jokic worked on his speed and is running after the food cart after games. Jokic has the raw materials and build Steph doesn't have but didn't have the work ethic to capitalize on it by hitting the gym.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 08:09 AM
Look at the teams the 76ers beat when Embiid sat: (https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/76ers-record-this-year-without-embiid)
Orlando (2x), Detroit, Toronto, Washington, Brooklyn (without Durant, Irving).

Of course they could beat those teams with or without Embiid.

The minute they played a good team like the Nuggets without Embiid they lost. Meanwhile with Embiid they beat the Nuggets 126-119. The days he sat does not seem like a representative sample because I see few of the top teams and a lot of scrub teams. Perhaps he was benched for load management against poor teams.

If you look at Nuggets without Jokic, they were stacked up against Phoenix twice and Milwaukee, NYK (https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nuggets-record-this-year-without-jokic). Different level of difficulty.

Curry puts 100% into defense and he has the strength and conditioning of someone who has put in the work. He works on his speed and agility in practices; I'm guessing the only time Jokic worked on his speed and is running after the food cart after games. Jokic has the raw materials and build Steph doesn't have but didn't have the work ethic to capitalize on it by hitting the gym.

The Nuggets without Jokic lost at home to OKC, early-season Knicks, and the Pelicans to whom they lost by 20...

I know the Harden Sixers are not doing that.

hateraid
05-09-2023, 01:59 PM
Where is everyone getting that it's Jokic clearly? All it takes is a championship and the tables turn quickly

If I were to start a team around a player I'd pick Embiid over anyone in the league.

Nike D'Antoni
05-09-2023, 10:27 PM
I would have voted for Embiid if I knew it was this much lopsided.
I got Jokic better, but it's a close call for me.

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 10:30 PM
I would have voted for Embiid if I knew it was this much lopsided.
I got Jokic better, but it's a close call for me.
You can still vote for him on your alts.

DMAVS41
05-09-2023, 10:33 PM
Where is everyone getting that it's Jokic clearly? All it takes is a championship and the tables turn quickly

If I were to start a team around a player I'd pick Embiid over anyone in the league.

It isn't Jokic clearly....it is a total tossup and really just depends on who you have on your team around them. I'd prefer Joel in a lot of scenarios. I think the poll is like that because of Joel stans.

Jasper
05-10-2023, 09:34 AM
I think it would be a great finals ... with Harden stealing the show.

GimmeThat
05-10-2023, 09:57 AM
this is like when Kevin Love was fat and just entering into the league vs Kevin Love losing all those weight

tontoz
05-10-2023, 11:17 AM
To be fair the poll isn't really clear. Are we talking just this season? The last few seasons? Since they were drafted?

If we are talking since they were drafted it is a no brainer for Jokic. Embiid played only 31 games his first 3 seasons. The fewest games Jokic has ever played in a season is 69. Embiid has never played that many.

hateraid
05-10-2023, 01:39 PM
I still think Embiid is the better overall player.
I saw a comparison between Ewing and Hakeem. I'd say it's more Lebron and Bird type close. What seperates them is a championship which is so coveted by sports fans.

BurningHammer
05-10-2023, 01:42 PM
Sixers could run decently without Joel.

Nuggets would sink very quickly without Jokic.

hateraid
05-10-2023, 03:55 PM
Sixers could run decently without Joel.

Nuggets would sink very quickly without Jokic.

You think? Who's gonna rebound? Who's gonna create space for shooters?
The starting 5 is more talented, can defend better, has the size advantage and better shot creators. I think Denver has the edge

jayfan
05-11-2023, 10:22 AM
Let's settle it ON THE COURT.

Could happen.

Huge game tonight in Philly. That place is going to be lit.

Carbine
05-14-2023, 05:21 PM
Now we know why this poll is the way it is.

CLEARLY BETTER

maxwellcu
05-14-2023, 05:22 PM
Too many people voting for Embiid in this poll.

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 05:37 PM
Not a good look in the biggest game of his career.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 05:39 PM
OP you doofus, why tf is the poll not public?

Jfc

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 05:39 PM
63-6 :roll:

Celtics 1825
05-14-2023, 05:44 PM
Mask making alts to try to get Emshit more votes :roll:

Nike D'Antoni
05-21-2023, 12:13 AM
This will be hard to argue for Embiid

kawhileonard2
05-21-2023, 12:17 AM

Really wanted Jokic vs Embiid finals.

kawhileonard2
05-21-2023, 12:51 AM

If they match up in the finals things would be better.

1_BAD_TIGER
05-21-2023, 01:37 AM
I saw a comparison between Ewing and Hakeem. I'd say it's more Lebron and Bird type close. What seperates them is a championship which is so coveted by sports fans.

You clearly have difficulty with thinking.

hold this L
05-21-2023, 01:38 AM

So you're an idiot then.

CountDracula
06-15-2023, 07:44 AM
https://i.ibb.co/JvCvJFn/C9-B21-C51-2-C63-4-AEB-9-E61-11-B129-B6-BF1-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/y6V6jB0)

https://i.ibb.co/ZBhnvnP/83-D1465-E-40-EE-4553-9-D56-D54-E0-F060894.jpg (https://ibb.co/Cbnk4kZ)

https://i.ibb.co/pXXjBnP/9-FF8-B869-C3-A1-4-F6-E-B190-7-A37-FEE635-D6.jpg (https://ibb.co/Svvw4Jx)

https://i.ibb.co/XZB8Crg/5-D713111-4-FF5-43-BB-ACEA-87-DA154-E531-A.jpg (https://ibb.co/TBXLgxS)