PDA

View Full Version : Can Curry repay the 3-1 to LeBron?

GrayGoat
05-09-2023, 12:41 AM
Thoughts?

iamgine
05-09-2023, 12:43 AM
Unlikely but would love if this series go to 7 games. More entertainment for us fans.

warriorfan
05-09-2023, 12:44 AM
if silver suspends AD for a game randomly they have a shot

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 12:45 AM
The 3-1 comeback while obv unlikely is kind of feasible when you have HCA. They'll be the more desperate team in Game 5, then everyone knows Game 6 is truly the deciding game in the series. You win that you have all the momentum for Game 7 and HCA. I can't even think of a time the home team went down 3-1, forced a Game 7 and didn't win the series. Being the road team down 3-1 is infinitely more daunting.

Edit, '06 Spurs did to Dallas, but they had that game won if not for Manu's idiotic foul.

GrayGoat
05-09-2023, 12:46 AM
if silver suspends AD for a game randomly they have a shot

Fuming

warriorfan
05-09-2023, 12:47 AM
Fuming

projection

red1
05-09-2023, 12:48 AM
if they get it to 3-2 its a 50-50 series

I think the lakers close them out on the road

hold this L
05-09-2023, 01:00 AM
No, this is ending in 6 in LA in my opinion. Then we can send JP, Klay and maybe even Bob to China afterwards.

TheMan
05-09-2023, 01:09 AM
No

LeBron had Kyrie when he was actually good, outplayed MVP Curry. Dingo has zero help. Not gonna happen

Nb1
05-09-2023, 06:11 AM
They clearly showed yesterday they had a shot if Poole or Klay would'bve showed up. Only Curry did.

Thank god we kept the game close and in those games Curry will choke like he did bricking his last 2 shots and threw away the ball out of bounds on the last posession. Dude was a killer during the whole game yesterday even by shooting 20% from 3 being guarded like crazy.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 06:12 AM
No

LeBron had Kyrie when he was actually good, outplayed MVP Curry. Dingo has zero help. Not gonna happen

tf are you talking about, Kyrie is a much better player now :oldlol::facepalm

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 06:15 AM
Honestly I dont see Lakers coming close in game 5.

Its gonna come down to game 6 and with games being every other day, it has to be taking a toll on Bron and AD.

This series is a lot closer than the 3-1 might make it look.

GimmeThat
05-09-2023, 07:43 AM
he just needs the fan and the crowd to get into the game with him instead of being bystanders and watch him to perform.

he needs someone to cook with, if that's not allowed, then there's no Bay area homecourt advantage

Wardell Curry
05-09-2023, 08:34 AM
OP, who knows such things?

But the absolute worst thing that could happen for the Lakers is for them to lose a tight game 5. They need to either win or get blown out.

bdonovan
05-09-2023, 11:05 AM
Thoughts?

Curry and what army?

I thought Klay's injury was physical but he must have bumped his head on that boat of his or something.

He longer plays defense. He doesn't challenge perimeter shooting. He doesn't switch when he's supposed to. He takes plays off. He refuses to guard certain people.

When I see this, I think of how KD and Westbrook used to cut corners to make themselves look better in comparison to the other versus do what's right for the team. You do that when you are competing against your teammate rather than playing with them.

Klay this year has that mentality to outshine Poole. When you're of that mind, you don't do anything that might get you embarrassed- even if you should do it, like guard a bigger man. Or you conserve energy to be more of an offensive standout.

Wiggins is not in shape after his 2 month departure.

Kerr seems to just be guessing now on lineups. Also they need a real defensive coach. Lakers are P&R and switching the Warriors to death.

This is not a championship level team. Curry and Draymond are playing at a high level, but the rest of the team is not on the same wavelength. NBA is too competitive to not be firing on all cylinders.

TheMan
05-09-2023, 11:52 AM
tf are you talking about, Kyrie is a much better player now :oldlol::facepalm

KI is a headcase bro, he wasn't off the rails when he played with Bran

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 11:57 AM
KI is a headcase bro, he wasn't off the rails when he played with Bran
He also hasn't come CLOSE to matching his level of play in the postseaosn since leaving Cleveland. Dude's been honestly mediocre in the playoffs ever since.

1987_Lakers
05-09-2023, 11:59 AM
No

Wtf, Kyrie is still the same caliber of player he was in 2016.

He has always been a headcase, LeBron just kept him in check for the most part.

Go look at Kyrie interviews and him say that he has alot of regrets when he played with LeBron.

RRR3
05-09-2023, 12:00 PM
Of course he can but as long as AD keeps playing like himself I don’t think he will. Never know tho.

theman93
05-09-2023, 12:02 PM
No. AD will not have 3 bad games in a row. They have no answer for him.

Foster5k
05-09-2023, 12:18 PM
Warriors still a very dangerous team. Also, never count out the heart of a champion.

That being said, this series is over. This Warriors team hasn't shown me anything the entire season and post season to make me believe they can come back from a 3-1 hole. Also, the Lakers are just the better team. Bron and AD are the two best players in the series followed by Steph. The Lakers role players are also playing their role. This shit is ova. Lakers def making the Finals. No idea who is coming out East. If its Miami, go ahead and crown the Lakers the champions. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 12:20 PM
Warriors still a very dangerous team. Also, never count out the heart of a champion.

That being said, this series is over. This Warriors team hasn't shown me anything the entire season and post season to make me believe they can come back from a 3-1 hole. Also, the Lakers are just the better team. Bron and AD are the two best players in the series followed by Steph. The Lakers role players are also playing their role. This shit is ova. Lakers def making the Finals. No idea who is coming out East. If its Miami, go ahead and crown the Lakers the champions. :oldlol:

:oldlol:

Phoenix
05-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Its a tough call. Steph didn't shoot well and they lost by 3 with Klay going 3/11 and Poole 0/4, not to mention Lonnie Walker showing up big-time.

Wally450
05-09-2023, 12:55 PM
I think GS wins in G5 then the pressure is on for them to win in LA. G6 will be a toss up at that point I think.

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 12:59 PM

Nah, Bron is absolutely not better than Steph right now :lol

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2023, 01:01 PM
Its a tough call. Steph didn't shoot well and they lost by 3 with Klay going 3/11 and Poole 0/4, not to mention Lonnie Walker showing up big-time.

on the other hand, AD scored 4 pts in the 2nd half, Dlo was terrible and had his worst game, Rui did not play, Bron is due a big game.

or you look at game 1 and they hit 15 more 3s and lost, its hard to measure chances this way, at least in this series.

RRR3
05-09-2023, 01:07 PM
on the other hand, AD scored 4 pts in the 2nd half, Dlo was terrible and had his worst game, Rui did not play, Bron is due a big game.

or you look at game 1 and they hit 15 more 3s and lost, its hard to measure chances this way, at least in this series.
LeBron is hurt. Unless he is on fire shooting he’s not gonna have a big game (for his standards).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2023, 01:13 PM
I said the winner of last nights game would ultimately win series. So I'm gonna stand on that.

Golden State coming back wouldn't surprise me, though. If there's anyone motivated by "3-1" its Stephen Curry lol

They'll need Poole to at least be useful. Outside of Game 1, he's been pure shit water.

Phoenix
05-09-2023, 01:24 PM

Probably an obvious statement, but its going to come down to which x-factors show up and when in the most crucial moments. AD can go 30/20 or 15/8, and we don't know which version of him is showing up. I expect Klay and Poole to play better at home in game 5, and if I were a betting man it's over in game 6. Would love to see it go 7 though....

Kblaze8855
05-09-2023, 01:52 PM
Feels like if they win game 5 they win the series. That said…I said in 16 the Cavs couldn’t go to GS and win a game 7 so it’s just guessing games.

Im so nba'd out
05-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Wardell can do anything. He’s a top 10 player ever.Never count out the heart of a champion. Wardell is still him even if it’s a bigger him on the other team… he is Stephen fkin curry. The same chef who laid his slong on kd’s shoulder down 3-1

TheMan
05-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Wtf, Kyrie is still the same caliber of player he was in 2016.

He has always been a headcase, LeBron just kept him in check for the most part.

Go look at Kyrie interviews and him say that he has alot of regrets when he played with LeBron.

That's all good and such, my point is that LeBron had a great sidekick who helped him overcome a 1-3 deficit, KI outplayed MVP Curry in those Finals. OTOH, Curry has no one, Thompson is inconsistent, Green isn't going to pickup the offensive slack, Wiggins is off and Poole is a blackhole. This series is ovah.

RRR3
05-09-2023, 02:10 PM
That's all good and such, my point is that LeBron had a great sidekick who helped him overcome a 1-3 deficit, KI outplayed MVP Curry in those Finals. OTOH, Curry has no one, Thompson is inconsistent, Green isn't going to pickup the offensive slack, Wiggins is off and Poole is a blackhole. This series is ovah.
Curry has no one all right, just 3 all-stars. Interesting how this guy is supposed to be as good or better than LeBron according to LeBron haters but doesn't get held to the same standards as LeBron.

PP34Deuce
05-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Lebron led team with a 3-1 lead is very hard to lose.

I think you see Darvin Ham play AD and Bron big minutes again to end this series add get rest.

hold this L
05-09-2023, 02:31 PM
Curry has no one all right, just 3 all-stars. Interesting how this guy is supposed to be as good or better than LeBron according to LeBron haters but doesn't get held to the same standards as LeBron.

Who are the 3 all stars, I'd love to see this list.

RRR3
05-09-2023, 02:38 PM
He literally had two teammates make it last year and Klay is still all-star level even with the decline in defense. He had a slow start to the year but once he regained his form he was really good on offense. You're gonna have to explain how the team was 14-12 without Curry if they're such scrubs. Poole is a bum though I'll give you that.

Nb1
05-09-2023, 04:07 PM

Draymond and Wiggins. And Klay has his days when he has like 8/11 3's. No one else in the playoffs is capable of that.

Curry kept the Warriors in the game, but he also shot terribly like 20% from 3, missed the last 2 shots and gave the ball over in the last posession.

imdaman99
05-09-2023, 10:17 PM
I can't even think of a time the home team went down 3-1, forced a Game 7 and didn't win the series.

I think the Knicks did that in 97 against the Pacers. That was the infamous Ewing missed finger roll game in game 7 :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
05-09-2023, 10:21 PM
I think the Knicks did that in 97 against the Pacers. That was the infamous Ewing missed finger roll game in game 7 :facepalm
That was '95 bro, '97 was the Heat series with all the suspensions, which ironically, did involve a blown 3-1 lead :lol

Brutal series for the Knicks, Reggie Miller 8 points in 9 seconds to start the series, the Ewing missed layup to end it.

GrayGoat
05-11-2023, 02:35 AM
Guys? Should we be concerned?

ILLsmak
05-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Na LA gonna win, this was a sympathy game. 4-2.

-Smak

hold this L
05-11-2023, 09:29 AM
He literally had two teammates make it last year and Klay is still all-star level even with the decline in defense. He had a slow start to the year but once he regained his form he was really good on offense. You're gonna have to explain how the team was 14-12 without Curry if they're such scrubs. Poole is a bum though I'll give you that.
Are you retarded? Genuine question. I know the Lebron stan below you just says anything, but you at least try to be sensible. The idea that any of those guys are all star caliber players is laughable. Klay shouldn't be starting, let alone be an all star to a championship team.

tontoz
05-11-2023, 09:36 AM

Using that logic Lebron started the season with a MVP teammate.

hold this L
05-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Using that logic Lebron started the season with a MVP teammate.

By his dumbass logic, Lakers in 2020 clearly had so many all stars in Dwight and Rondo on top of AD and Lebron. Too stacked and anything but a ring would have been a huge disaster. :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2023, 09:44 AM
By his dumbass logic, Lakers in 2020 clearly had so many all stars in Dwight and Rondo on top of AD and Lebron. Too stacked and anything but a ring would have been a huge disaster. :facepalm

calm down

hold this L
05-11-2023, 09:58 AM
calm down

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CoolGoldenBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2023, 09:00 AM
he, cannot :pimp: