PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 - is Embiids career on the line?

90sgoat
05-11-2023, 11:25 PM
MVP - finally.

Game 7 against a struggling Boston team.

Just need 35 points 15 rebounds and 5 blocks from Embiid.

Can he do it?

If he can't, is this going to define his career?

coin24
05-11-2023, 11:28 PM
Career loser, always shrivels on the big stage..

Same as his buddy hardon

FultzNationRISE
05-11-2023, 11:30 PM
MVP - finally.

Game 7 against a struggling Boston team.

Just need 35 points 15 rebounds and 5 blocks from Embiid.

Can he do it?

If he can't, is this going to define his career?

Absolutely.

Will he?

My guess is no.

LoneyROY7
05-11-2023, 11:32 PM
If you know Loney, you know I keep it real.

Big-time legacy game for my boy James.

I believe he can find a way to pull it off.

#ThePushAintOver™

:pimp:

kawhileonard2
05-11-2023, 11:34 PM
He lost to Kawhi who also beat the Steph and Durant Warriors.

Kblaze8855
05-11-2023, 11:34 PM
Win or not if he doesn’t win a ring that’s all anyone is gonna have to say in 20 years. Winning game 7 of a second round gets you nothing but a differently worded version of someone calling you a loser. Not a single Chris Paul hater stopped when he made it past the second round after years of them acting like it matters. It doesn’t. Nothing matters to someone setting out to hate.

They just find way to make whatever they did not be enough and if it was the title it somehow still doesn’t make them wrong.

It does give some protection in the future though.

Winning this series will quiet virtually nobody if it’s followed by an L of any kind.

It will only quiet like 70% of the people if he actually wins the title. I’m convinced nothing else you can do even lives 10 years in the minds of sports fans.

You haven’t heard anyone bring up Steve Nash in a minute I bet. Like he didn’t even happen.

90sgoat
05-11-2023, 11:38 PM
A finals would do a lot for his rep.

Wally450
05-12-2023, 12:01 AM

Is that the same Kawhi who blew a 3-1 lead?

Spurs m8
05-12-2023, 03:44 AM

Durant wasn't playing

Neither was Klay

Nb1
05-12-2023, 05:36 AM
I don't get how anyone can put the blame on Embiid and always put it on the stars no matter what circumstances. Steph didn't make the playoffs when Klay was hurt.
KD didn't beat Denver with only 1 good teammate left. Bron didn't beat the Suns when AD got injured.Jordan didn't win without Pippen.

No one wins alone. There are 5 guys on the team. If no one shows up, what the hell do you want 1 guy to do?
If everyone showed up and gave him the ball and he choked i'd get it. But dude is getting guarded like hell, his teammates have 10000 open shots and can't make 1 and its his fault? That's bs!

ILLsmak
05-12-2023, 06:41 AM
Maybe Harden. As a lover of BIGS I thought Embiid was kinda meh. I respect him out there for doing hard post moves with an injury. He does have some stuff in there. All those blocks he got on one leg were nice, too. Harden is the one. Harden gets 30-40 in this last game and 6rs take series. That's my bet. But he won't. Even if it takes him 30 shots to get it, if he gets that, they win. Embiid just needs to keep doing what he's doing. Harden is the one hard selling. That travel. That falling over at the end, I don't care if he stepped on dude's feet, it's like WAT ARE U DOING JAMES. That and dropping someone, looking at them, then bricking the J.

Edit: "It will only quiet like 70% of the people if he actually wins the title. I’m convinced nothing else you can do even lives 10 years in the minds of sports fans." -Kblaze

I mean, people are gonna talk regardless. It's whether they are talking shit, and that's why all those guys covet rings and even the guys who are retired, like Charles, and didn't get 1, still get clowned. Fair or not, rings matter. The NBA is pretty ass right now. They got all kinds of talent but no real good teams imo. Embiid outplaying Jokic in the finals would be good for his legacy.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2023, 09:27 AM
I don't get how anyone can put the blame on Embiid and always put it on the stars no matter what circumstances. Steph didn't make the playoffs when Klay was hurt.
KD didn't beat Denver with only 1 good teammate left. Bron didn't beat the Suns when AD got injured.Jordan didn't win without Pippen.

No one wins alone. There are 5 guys on the team. If no one shows up, what the hell do you want 1 guy to do?
If everyone showed up and gave him the ball and he choked i'd get it. But dude is getting guarded like hell, his teammates have 10000 open shots and can't make 1 and its his fault? That's bs!

Embiid is the MVP. He has not played ike the MVP or given an MVP level performance. Not ONE. He has not taken winnable games over.

HylianNightmare
05-12-2023, 09:40 AM
Absolutely.

Will he?

My guess is no.
This. Him and harden have never delivered

Mask the Embiid
05-12-2023, 09:50 AM
Sure OP, his entire career is on the line. This is pretty much a pink slip match for Embiid. If he loses his career is over. You happy now?

hold this L
05-12-2023, 09:58 AM
This. Him and harden have never delivered
Harden is the second choice and was the best player on the court for 2/3 wins, one of which Embiid wasn't even on the court. Embiid has to do better than a washed Harden at this point.

I don't understand why his career is on the line though. :lol

90sgoat
05-12-2023, 10:03 AM
Sure OP, his entire career is on the line. This is pretty much a pink slip match for Embiid. If he loses his career is over. You happy now?

Bro, I want Embiid to succeed.

I just want to see him actually play like being 7'3'' 350lbs in the biggest games. There's no one in the league that can stop him, if he plays like his size. Not Al Horford either, but he doesn't want to, they get in his head, he becomes soft.

I want to see Embiid and Jokic match up in the finals, more than once.

BarberSchool
05-12-2023, 11:03 AM
No.

Anyone who think’s Embiid’s career is on the line this next game is insane and dominated by recency bias.

Goldrush25
05-12-2023, 11:06 AM

You have to be pretty concerned that your team worked for and earned a close-out game at home and shite the bed. Your anger is misplaced.

iamgine
05-12-2023, 12:20 PM
His career is not on the line either way.

Played bad or good, it's only short term fanfare.

He can try again next season, and the season after.

Goldrush25
05-12-2023, 12:27 PM
His career is not on the line either way.

Played bad or good, it's only short term fanfare.

He can try again next season, and the season after.

Sure but future champions are supposed to be making steps every year. 76ers are stagnating at best, if not going backward. What's going to change next year?

iamgine
05-12-2023, 12:32 PM
Sure but future champions are supposed to be making steps every year. 76ers are stagnating at best, if not going backward. What's going to change next year?

Perhaps this is best asked to 76ers management.

theman93
05-12-2023, 12:33 PM
No, but I don’t see Philly’s roster improving and he’s almost 30 with a checkered injury history. How much longer can he be elite? History says probably not too much longer, especially with the way he throws his body around as a 7 footer. The sun is probably setting faster than we realize.

90sgoat
05-12-2023, 01:04 PM
No, but I don’t see Philly’s roster improving and he’s almost 30 with a checkered injury history. How much longer can he be elite? History says probably not too much longer, especially with the way he throws his body around as a 7 footer. The sun is probably setting faster than we realize.

Maybe time to consider a new team.

Prometheus
05-12-2023, 02:01 PM
Absolutely.

Until next year that is.

Manny98
05-12-2023, 07:05 PM
He should give his MVP trophy to Jokic if he loses on Sunday

SaltyMeatballs
05-12-2023, 07:06 PM
Game 7 is going to be HUGE for Embiid, Harden, and Doc

90sgoat
05-14-2023, 05:21 PM
:milton

Manny98
05-14-2023, 05:23 PM
This is the league MVP?

What a joke

https://i.postimg.cc/vTFNskVL/erik-killmonger-is-this-your-king.gif

FireDavidKahn
05-14-2023, 05:24 PM
He pissed himself🤣

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 05:28 PM
If you know Loney, you know I keep it real.

Big-time legacy game for my boy James.

I believe he can find a way to pull it off.

#ThePushAintOver™

:pimp:

https://media.tenor.com/AQz3_zaiD14AAAAC/hysterical-laughter.gif