View Full Version : Ja Morant on video flashing another gun

Pages : [1] 2

Im Still Ballin
05-14-2023, 06:10 AM
:facepalm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwE0Yk3WcAEmafQ?format=jpg&name=large

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1657663486468423683

https://twitter.com/hoes_of_423/status/1657663737614958592?s=46&t=K266evYnlgPKXpoec0WzeA

Wardell Curry
05-14-2023, 08:33 AM
I guess he needs further therapy to deal with all the stressors of the off-season. Prayers for Ja.

Full Court
05-14-2023, 08:44 AM
Stand by for all the Bronies to start melting down. :roll:

Phoenix
05-14-2023, 08:56 AM

1987_Lakers
05-14-2023, 09:00 AM
:roll:

Idiot.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 09:12 AM
This guy legit has the mentality of a teenager, constantly posting dumbass videos on his social and brandishing a gun to try to look like a gangsta. He’s reached Kyrie territory, a high scoring star but not true superstar whose teams win consistently without him, and will cause constant distractions for his team with his antics. I would not want this dude on my team.

Axe
05-14-2023, 09:14 AM
Morant being the rude prick he is again as usual. :confusedshrug:

This guy legit has the mentality of a teenager, constantly posting dumbass videos on his social and brandishing a gun to try to look like a gangsta. He’s reached Kyrie territory, a high scoring star but not true superstar whose teams win consistently without him, and who will cause constant distractions for his team with his antics. I would not want this dude on my team.
:applause:

8Ball
05-14-2023, 09:39 AM
:applause:

This will get him another even longer suspension, this time by the league. All his endorsements cancelled.

With Dillon Brooks off the team Memphis gonna crater into the ground next year.

Ty Ja moron :lol

8Ball
05-14-2023, 09:40 AM
This guy legit has the mentality of a teenager, constantly posting dumbass videos on his social and brandishing a gun to try to look like a gangsta. He’s reached Kyrie territory, a high scoring star but not true superstar whose teams win consistently without him, and will cause constant distractions for his team with his antics. I would not want this dude on my team.

Kyrie is good people.

Ja Moron is just another American thug. He got a 5(?) game suspension last time. This time its gonna be even more.

coin24
05-14-2023, 09:40 AM
What a retard.. :lol

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 10:02 AM
wtf is wrong with this guy? :oldlol:

r0drig0lac
05-14-2023, 10:02 AM
dumb af

dreamshake
05-14-2023, 10:29 AM
Maybe Morants idol was Gilbert Arenas

FireDavidKahn
05-14-2023, 11:32 AM
This guy is seriously one of the dumbest people to enter the NBA in a long time.

90sgoat
05-14-2023, 11:35 AM
What a loser.

RRR3
05-14-2023, 11:44 AM
I honestly don’t care but Ja needs to realize corporations care a lot about optics and he’s losing them money and they will punish him because of this. He is just not a smart dude.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 11:45 AM
when white people do it, they're exercising their 2nd amendment. when a young black guy does it, he's a thug. even if the white person is doing it on state capital which is government property which is an ultra felony.

https://www.tampabay.com/resizer//A9EKOhcvYcYeqF9JEi0mJCd6VuA=/900x506/smart/filters:format(webP)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/tbt/UJQISZSSNRCPXKJTCOFENMXXFI.jpg

8Ball
05-14-2023, 11:47 AM
I honestly don’t care but Ja needs to realize corporations care a lot about optics and he’s losing them money and they will punish him because of this. He is just not a smart dude.

I HOPE corporations cut him off and take his money.

And these are the incidents where no one was impacted.

He threatened the security guard at the mall + fighting a kid at his house.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 11:50 AM
He actually thinks he's impressing people :facepalm.

We are laughing at your ineptitude in understanding the consequences of your actions. Dumbass.

FireDavidKahn
05-14-2023, 11:52 AM
when white people do it, they're exercising their 2nd amendment. when a young black guy does it, he's a thug. even if the white person is doing it on state capital which is government property which is an ultra felony.

https://www.tampabay.com/resizer//A9EKOhcvYcYeqF9JEi0mJCd6VuA=/900x506/smart/filters:format(webP)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/tbt/UJQISZSSNRCPXKJTCOFENMXXFI.jpg

Those people aren't being portrayed as the face of a professional sports organization and aren't role models to millions of people.

Whether Ja likes it or not, being in the position he is in makes him a role model. Clearly he doesn't want that responsibility and the companies that pay him hundreds of millions of dollars wont pay him anymore.

He made a choice.

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Ja reminds me of Rodman. Depressed and acting out due to frustration. Wants to tell the world who he REALLY is behind closet doors, but the backlash would be too much, so hes substituting that message with antics and edginess to try and get peoples attention hoping someone will reach out.

Manic depressive people are in a constant, desperate state of needing attention and reassurance. Highwhey for instance. The more nobody cares about him, the more he tries to provoke them to pay attention, which only compounds how little anyone wants anything to do with him.

Ja will probably post himself with a bazooka next time once the attention from this controversy fades.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Those people aren't being portrayed as the face of a professional sports organization and aren't role models to millions of people.

Whether Ja likes it or not, being in the position he is in makes him a role model. Clearly he doesn't want that responsibility and the companies that pay him hundreds of millions of dollars wont pay him anymore.

He made a choice.ackchually, they are the face of a nationally recognized group and admired by millions. This board even has its own admirers… ask patrickchewing.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 11:56 AM
Ja reminds me of Rodman. Depressed and acting out due to frustration. Wants to tell the world who he REALLY is behind closet doors, but the backlash would be too much, so hes substituting that message with antics and edginess to try and get peoples attention hoping someone will reach out.

Manic depressive people are in a constant, desperate state of needing attention and reassurance. Highwhey for instance. The more nobody cares about him, the more he tries to provoke them to pay attention, which only compounds how little anyone wants anything to do with him.

Ja will probably post himself with a bazooka next time once the attention from this controversy fades.
How’s being unemployed at 37 working out Chris? If I’m the one of constant attention, why is it that you’re the one making daily threads about lebrons genetelia?

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 11:57 AM
ackchually, they are the face of a nationally recognized group and admired by millions. This board even has its own admirers… ask patrickchewing.

Sometimes I think you're playing around, but then other times I think you're the dumbest and most ignorant poster on this site.

FireDavidKahn
05-14-2023, 11:58 AM
ackchually, they are the face of a nationally recognized group and admired by millions. This board even has its own admirers… ask patrickchewing.

No one is endorsing them hundreds of millions of dollars and aren't getting the exposure even in the same universe as Morant was.

tpols
05-14-2023, 11:59 AM

When did kyrie ever brandish guns lmao?

Having different opinions on social issues is nowhere close to this.

FireDavidKahn
05-14-2023, 12:00 PM

Exactly. Kyrie is just a fruitcake on another level. Harmless but funny as hell.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 12:00 PM
No one is endorsing them hundreds of millions of dollars and aren't getting the exposure even in the same universe as Morant was.

You got me there, but their exposure, while less, may be more influential bc of how it sways people to vote a certain way…not to mention it was replicated in other states.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 12:01 PM
Sometimes I think you're playing around, but then other times I think you're the dumbest and most ignorant poster on this site.
Says the guy that admits he would lock in INNOCENT bystanders during a robbery with the gunman even though the situation resulted in a loss of life and other injuries.

tpols
05-14-2023, 12:04 PM
Exactly. Kyrie is just a fruitcake on another level. Harmless but funny as hell.

Fruitcake?

What?

If anything he's just not a sellout. An extremely intelligent individual who doesn't bend to the herd.

Kyrie could've been a mega commercial star but has always avoided endorsement.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:07 PM
Says the guy that admits he would lock in INNOCENT bystanders during a robbery with the gunman even though the situation resulted in a loss of life and other injuries.

I said that? Where did I say that? Point it out for me. Dumbass.

And what does one thing have to do with the other? You're displaying your severely low IQ here. I suggest you get off the board for a bit to prevent further humiliation.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 12:10 PM
Fruitcake?

What?

If anything he's just not a sellout. An extremely intelligent individual who doesn't bend to the herd.
He's not a fake wannabe wanksta like Ja, but he's a pretty cringe pseudo-intellectual who thinks he's MUCH smarter than he really is :lol Believing the earth is flat goes beyond not being a sellout.

And I made the comparison because I think there are a lot of similarities between the two, even if the circumstances are different. I'm not going to revise VERY recent history like you and pretend the guy hasn't demanded to be traded literally multiple times, straight up left his team for weeks for no reason/to attend birthday parties, and has burned bridges with every single team he's been on. Acting like Kyrie hasn't been a total locker room nuisance for years now is absolutely ridiculous :lol

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 12:10 PM

Kyrie is definitely depressed and acts out with his contrarianism mainly due to frustration and loneliness.

Just like Ja and highwhey.

Foster5k
05-14-2023, 12:12 PM

How many NBA players in this pic? :oldlol::roll:

Ja can do whatever he legally wants. However, he can't do what he wants and still be in the NBA. The NBA has codes of conduct and other stuff in contracts/rules, etc.

If you want to flash guns, stand on the capitol, and engage in all that other stupid shit, then fine. Leave the NBA and enjoy whatever freedoms come with that.

Ja is ruining his career. Hell, might already be ruined. This will be a classic tale of what NOT to do as a NBA star.

Mask the Embiid
05-14-2023, 12:18 PM
If he was at a shooting range shooting on ig, would that still trigger y’all?

If he flashed the phone at his waist showing he had a gun then kept zooming in and out on his legal gun ownership paperwork without saying a word would that trigger y’all?

What if he was hunting wild pigs in Texas using a rifle on ig while blasting nba young boy would that trigger y’all?

I’m just trying to see what would trigger your fake outrage and what doesn’t lol….it’s funny to me

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 12:22 PM
I’m just waiting to see the collage of politicians holding guns to the applause of the same people who would call ja a thug. You know someone is assembling it now. These douche bags wearing Ar15 pins on the senate floor after mass shootings.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 12:22 PM

If he flashed the phone at his waist showing he had a gun then kept zooming in and out on his legal gun ownership paperwork without saying a word would that trigger y’all?

What if he was hunting wild pigs in Texas using a rifle on ig while blasting nba young boy would that trigger y’all?

I’m just trying to see what would trigger your fake outrage and what doesn’t lol….it’s funny to me
I don't even care if he brandishes his gun, it's the idea this dude literally JUST got suspended for doing this, then does it again a couple of months later :lol That shows a stunning lack of awareness and reveals some absolutely terrible judgement on his behalf.

And it doesn't offend me, I find the entire thing cringey as hell. This dude grew up in a good neighborhood and makes millions in the NBA, yet he goes out of his way to try to show he's a gangsta flashing his gun on social media. That's the kind of shit people literally do when they're in high school trying to look cool, he should have grown out of that phase years ago.

AirBonner
05-14-2023, 12:24 PM
Ja lost $40million the first time. This guy needs real prison

Mask the Embiid
05-14-2023, 12:26 PM
I don't even care if he brandishes his gun, it's the idea this dude literally JUST got suspended for doing this, then does it again a couple of months later :lol That shows a stunning lack of awareness and reveals some absolutely terrible judgement on his behalf.

And it doesn't offend me, I find the entire thing cringey as hell. This dude grew up in a good neighborhood and makes millions in the NBA, yet he goes out of his way to try to show he's a gangsta flashing his gun on social media. That's the kind of shit people literally do when they're in high school trying to look cool, he should have grown out of that phase years ago.

I literally see girls posting thirst traps at 30+ all day and men showing themselves holding dead animals they killed hunting at 60+ years old. yet you aren’t outraged that they haven’t grown up. I really need to stop trying to reason with people on the internet

Carry the hell on y’all. Have fun. Logic doesn’t work. Enjoy virtual signaling. I’m out. You are a better person than Ja. Congrats everyone

highwhey
05-14-2023, 12:28 PM
I’m just waiting to see the collage of politicians holding guns to the applause of the same people who would call ja a thug. You know someone is assembling it now. These douche bags wearing Ar15 pins on the senate floor after mass shootings.

jup. i mean yuup. sorry, the mexican tounge slipped for a bit there, wouldn't want to scare any of 'them' in this thread with my accent.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:29 PM

Flashing guns on IG in that fashion is something that is quite common for thugs/gang bangers to do. So it is him acting like a thug, pretending to be a thug, or actually being a thug that is getting him into trouble. That thug/gangster culture doesn't sell girl scout cookies on the weekend and volunteer to help the homeless. No, that thug/gangster culture sells drugs, robs people, and murders them.

If he was at a shooting range, he would not be suspended.

So yes, there is a huge difference. But I know some of you are too bull-headed to understand or accept that difference.

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 12:30 PM

Nobody here is upset thats hes holding a gun. It’s the woke NBA who made that a no-go, not ISH.

People here are just clowning him for how dumb he is to post a video of it after he got sanctioned already.

You and Mask arguing against things nobody said, trying to deflect this to some kind of racial/political thing when nobody is making it that.

It’s a “Ja Morant Is Stupid” thing and thats it.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:31 PM
jup. i mean yuup. sorry, the mexican tounge slipped for a bit there, wouldn't want to scare any of 'them' in this thread with my accent.

You don't scare anyone, pendejo.

SouBeachTalents
I literally see girls posting thirst traps at 30+ all day and men showing themselves holding dead animals they killed hunting 60 yet you aren’t outraged that they haven’t grown up. I really need to stop trying to reason with people on the internet

Carry the hell on y’all. Have fun. Logic doesn’t work. Enjoy virtual signaling. I’m out. You are a better person than Ja. Congrats everyone
Bro, I'm seriously not remotely offended by him brandishing a gun, I legitimately find him EXTREMELY corny and a try hard, that's my issue with him. I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the majority of photos and videos uploaded to social media. All anyone is trying to do there is impress others and show off.

And I reiterate again, I'd like to think if the people you referenced got fined and suspended for posting those photos/videos earlier, they wouldn't do it again literally a couple months later. The fact you can't admit he's fcking retarded to do this again just shows your bias in the matter :lol

Mask the Embiid

We all know it’s a race thing but if we just flat out say that people will get so offended they will just shut down and refuse to even entertain that’s the reason. So it’s no point

I’m sure if it was jokic doing this (with the same gun history)listening to slipknot, people would be just as outraged. I’m 100% sure lol….ok now I’m out

AirBonner
I literally see girls posting thirst traps at 30+ all day and men showing themselves holding dead animals they killed hunting at 60+ years old. yet you aren’t outraged that they haven’t grown up. I really need to stop trying to reason with people on the internet

No one cares to be honest. JA was on track to be a billionaire. Just a shame that’s all. Whoever he’s rolling with will get sick of his games eventually and he will be on the news as a statistic

Foster5k
05-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Ja lost $40million the first time. This guy needs real prison
Chill. He hasn't committed any serious crimes that we're aware of. He just apparently lacks any sense of rational judgment, which is scary. I hope he receives some form of help before it's too late.

You lose money, get suspended, get counseling, and yet you're still here, flashing guns that got you into trouble in the first place.

There's no thought behind his actions. It's just act and let what's done be done. This is the thought process of self-destruction. At this point, I don't even believe he cares about his career in the NBA. Sadly, it seems that career is headed swiftly down the drain. Unreal...

highwhey
05-14-2023, 12:34 PM
We all know it’s a race thing but if we just flat out say that people will get so offended they will just shut down and refuse to even entertain that’s the reason. So it’s no point

I’m sure if it was jokic doing this (with the same gun history)listening to slipknot, people would be just as outraged. I’m 100% sure lol….ok now I’m out

wE'rE NOt OffeNDed bY dA GuNs, we;RE jUsT dissAPoinTED he'S tHroWIng aWAy hIS caREEr, BuT aLSO, he'S A tHUG.

Mask the Embiid
05-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Nobody here is upset thats hes holding a gun. It’s the woke NBA who made that a no-go, not ISH.

People here are just clowning him for how dumb he is to post a video of it after he got sanctioned already.

You and Mask arguing against things nobody said, trying to deflect this to some kind of racial/political thing when nobody is making it that.

It’s a “Ja Morant Is Stupid” thing and thats it.

I don’t want to fight with any of y’all. Y’all have fun using your little coded words like “thug” ect.

You win

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:37 PM

You're creating a dilemma that doesn't need to be made.

Who here is defending people that post pictures of their hunts? This is not a hunting forum, it's an NBA forum. So we are talking about an NBA player, not random hunters. Both realities and scenarios can be stupid. You're just bringing that up because you feel like Ja is being unjustly persecuted. I can assure you, he is not.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:40 PM
I don’t want to fight with any of y’all. Y’all have fun using your little coded words like “thug” ect.

You win

A thug can be anyone. If you want to associate that word with Black people, then that's on you.

Imagine being held down by a word and at you're own doing too. Crazy.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 12:40 PM
You're creating a dilemma that doesn't need to be made.

Who here is defending people that post pictures of their hunts? This is not a hunting forum, it's an NBA forum. So we are talking about an NBA player, not random hunters. Both realities and scenarios can be stupid. You're just bringing that up because you feel like Ja is being unjustly persecuted. I can assure you, he is not.
Yeah, trying to pin this on race is not gonna fly. Him being black is irrelevant to the idiocy of his decisions. If Chris Andersen or Jason Williams did the same thing they'd be criticized for being stupid and try hard wanksta's too.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 12:41 PM
I didn’t make it anything. It just is what it is. Someone who looks like Ja holds an AR on social media he’s trying to be a thug gangsta and so on. Someone who looks like Kyle Korver might well be shooting a campaign poster. He can do it with the same model that killed 22 people that morning. He can put it all over social media. And he will win too.

People from every walk of life show guns on social media. Only ones who look a certain way are generally portrayed as trying to be gangstas and thugs.

Generally black and Hispanics….thugs. White guys? Different language. Dudes in here talking about he needs to be in jail….

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 12:42 PM
I didn’t make it anything. It just is what it is. Someone who looks like Ja holds an AR on social media he’s trying to be a thug gangsta and so on. Someone who looks like Kyle Korver might well be shooting a campaign poster. He can do it with the same model that killed 22 people that morning. He can put it all over social media. And he will win too.

People from every walk of life show guns on social media. Only ones who look a certain way are generally portrayed as trying to be gangstas and thugs.

Generally black and Hispanics….thugs. White guys? Different language. Dudes in here talking about he needs to be in jail….

Cringe.

tpols
05-14-2023, 12:44 PM
He's not a fake wannabe wanksta like Ja, but he's a pretty cringe pseudo-intellectual who thinks he's MUCH smarter than he really is :lol Believing the earth is flat goes beyond not being a sellout.

And I made the comparison because I think there are a lot of similarities between the two, even if the circumstances are different. I'm not going to revise VERY recent history like you and pretend the guy hasn't demanded to be traded literally multiple times, straight up left his team for weeks for no reason/to attend birthday parties, and has burned bridges with every single team he's been on. Acting like Kyrie hasn't been a total locker room nuisance for years now is absolutely ridiculous :lol

Kyrie is probably the most skilled scorer point guard of all time. I'm a Curry fan and I've seen him embarrass Curry H2H.

He just isn't into the mainstream narratives. He's an actual free thinking individual. The whole flat earth thing is just a meme to discredit him by the media. It's going over your head that he is just mocking sheep with stuff like that.

Either way... kyrie probably has an IQ of like 115. Ja has an IQ in the 80s. If you ever hear them speak off their vocabulary alone you'd see that is apparent.

Foster5k
05-14-2023, 12:44 PM

You win
I don't understand why you're so intent on proving some tangential point about race.

If the same individual were white and had committed all the acts that Ja has, we'd be saying the same things. You can introduce race into any subject to divert from the main point. This isn't a topic about race; it's a topic about an NBA player jeopardizing his career by behaving irresponsibly.

If you genuinely believe all the actions Ja has taken are acceptable, then that reflects your moral compass. However, the NBA, with its codes of conduct, deems it unacceptable. Ja plays in the NBA, which is why this is a problem. If he weren't in the league, we wouldn't be discussing him. He would simply be another individual behaving recklessly to garner some form of attention.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 12:46 PM
Kyrie is probably the most skilled scorer point guard of all time. I'm a Curry fan and I've seen him embarrass Curry H2H.

He just isn't into the mainstream narratives. He's an actual free thinking individual. The whole flat earth thing is just a meme to discredit him by the media. It's going over your head that he is just mocking sheep with stuff like that.

Either way... kyrie probably has an IQ of like 115. Ja has an IQ in the 80s. If you ever hear them speak off their vocabulary alone you'd see that is apparent.
I agree, Kyrie is both a better player than Ja and much more intelligent. That doesn't change my main point though, that despite those differences, like Ja, he's also been a huge off the court distraction for his teams, and was frankly a toxic presence in Boston & esp Brooklyn.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:50 PM
Honest question for the Embiids and KBlazes of the world. Who would you be more afraid of?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fp-zn5qWIAQek68.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTyogz9UUAAhQgY.jpg

Or...

https://unitedgangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/gangster-disciples-gd.jpeg

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 12:51 PM
Honest question for the Embiids and KBlazes of the world. Who would you be more afraid of?

Or...

Those are the same pics bro.... are you seriously trying to imply the context of the situation matters? :facepalm

Racist cracker.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 12:52 PM

You hit the mail on the head.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 12:54 PM
Those are the same pics bro.... are you seriously trying to imply the context of the situation matters? :facepalm

Racist cracker.

Oh those are the same pics?? :roll:

FultzNationRISE
05-14-2023, 12:56 PM

Italian and Irish mobsters used to be called thugs all the time. The word goes back LONG before Tupac and Ice Cube appropriated it to describe THEMSELVES.

Black rappers took a universal word, applied it to THEMSELVES, but then cry foul when everyone else says “ok, we’ll call you a thug” :roll:

The amount of mental gymnastics people will go thru to leverage the victim card is insane.

AlternativeAcc.
Oh those are the same pics?? :roll:

Yes, obviously. They are all flaunting guns for social media. The context of the situation obviously DOES NOT matter in the slightest.

If they were white it would be okay, but since they are black then everyone in those pictures is automatically deemed a thug by racists such as yourself.

- blaze

Foster5k
Somehow, Ja back to doing stupid shit that leads to another suspension turned into a race war. :oldlol::roll:

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:00 PM
Tupac was in a group called "Thug Life" :lol

But yeah, when a non-Black person says it, there are ulterior motives behind it. :facepalm

You can't make this shit up with some people, especially some of these suckas on this board. They want to be a victim. A victim of anything.

HoopsNY
05-14-2023, 01:01 PM
I'm conflicted about this. What is Ja doing wrong if he's simply practicing his 2nd amendment right here? It's not like he's at a Grizzlies practice facility or in a league office. He's in his own car or elsewhere doing things like this. Is it extremely cringe? Yes. But should the league stop someone from displaying their 2nd amendment right? Would we say the same thing about someone displaying a cross, a star of David, or a star and crescent?

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 01:04 PM
I'm conflicted about this. What is Ja doing wrong if he's simply practicing his 2nd amendment right here? It's not like he's at a Grizzlies practice facility or in a league office. He's in his own car or elsewhere doing things like this. Is it extremely cringe? Yes. But should the league stop someone from displaying their 2nd amendment right? Would we say the same thing about someone displaying a cross, a star of David, or a star and crescent?

He's flashing his gun in antagonistic, stereotypical 'hood' ways, after he's already been suspended for it, after he's already been in street fights with minors and portrays himself like a hoodlum.

But sure, if you ignore ALL avaliable context of the situation you can desperately make this case.

I mean teams suspend their players for shit like this all the time right? What he's doing is totally within reason and not completely out of the ordinary or self destructive at all.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:05 PM
Yes, obviously. They are all flaunting guns for social media. The context of the situation obviously DOES NOT matter in the slightest.

If they were white it would be okay, but since they are black then everyone in those pictures is automatically deemed a thug by racists such as yourself.

- blaze

Because you are too stupid to understand things, the guy in the first pic is Colion Noir. Go look him up. Guess what? Him and I share the same political ideology.

And there is a high likelihood that the last picture is a group of people who commit crimes for a living. Not go on social media to show off their most recent purchase at Bob's Gun Shop.

So Black men who do not commit crimes and are not in gangs are not thugs, and Black men who do are. Same goes for any race.

SouBeachTalents
05-14-2023, 01:07 PM
Because you are too stupid to understand things, the guy in the first pic is Colion Noir. Go look him up. Guess what? Him and I share the same political ideology.

And there is a high likelihood that the last picture is a group of people who commit crimes for a living. Not go on social media to show off their most recent purchase at Bob's Gun Shop.

So Black men who do not commit crimes and are not in gangs are not thugs, and Black men who do are. Same goes for any race.
Holy shit his posts are going WAY over your head :lol

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:08 PM

We are doomed as a society if we are equating guns to religious symbols.

HoopsNY
05-14-2023, 01:10 PM
He's flashing his gun in antagonistic, stereotypical 'hood' ways, after he's already been suspended for it, after he's already been in street fights with minors and portrays himself like a hoodlum.

But sure, if you ignore ALL avaliable context of the situation you can desperately make this case.

I mean teams suspend their players for shit like this all the time right? What he's doing is totally within reason and not completely out of the ordinary or self destructive at all.

As opposed to flashing a gun as a white person in a manner that may portray a stereotypical "mass shooter"? Where do we really draw the line here?

I get that he's behaved recklessly in the past, for which he's been punished. But getting into street fights isn't in the bill of rights. If the gun is legal, then I don't see the problem.

If he brought a weapon into a team facility or league facility, then that's different. But if he's doing his own thing, then that's his life. It reminds me of the days that David Stern would fine players for not wearing suits at NBA games and it became an issue with Allen Iverson.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 01:15 PM

Italian and Irish mobsters used to be called thugs all the time. The word goes back LONG before Tupac and Ice Cube appropriated it to describe THEMSELVES.

Black rappers took a universal word, applied it to THEMSELVES, but then cry foul when everyone else says “ok, we’ll call you a thug” :roll:

The amount of mental gymnastics people will go thru to leverage the victim card is insane.

Talking gymnastics then referencing the era of Bugsy Seigel when talking about language used 4 minutes ago?

Gonna go ahead and leave you be on this one.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:15 PM
The bigger issue all of you seem to be avoiding too because you're all focused on his rights and race, and being offended, and comparing apples to oranges, is the message this sends to the millions of young people who follow him.

If you want less guns on the streets, less guns in the hands of children, less crime, less murder, then why on Earth would you record yourself flashing a weapon? And then why on Earth would some people defend that?? Ja Morant isn't a nobody off the streets. He's one of the most influential people in the world. But yeah, let's focus on words we use, the color of his skin and inconsequential nonsense that you dummies want to fret about.

HoopsNY
05-14-2023, 01:17 PM
We are doomed as a society if we are equating guns to religious symbols.

How so? They're both in the Bill of Rights. As such, they share some parallel given the inherent nature of "rights" as an American citizen.

Foster5k
05-14-2023, 01:18 PM
It seems that some people are evaluating this situation without considering its context. Those asserting that they see no problem with Ja flashing a gun in a car should remember that he was recently suspended for flashing a gun at a Denver-area nightclub, which resulted in an eight-game suspension. Ja subsequently received counseling and issued a public apology, stating, 'I don’t condone violence of any kind, but I take full responsibility for my actions. I made a grave mistake. I can see the image that I've projected of myself through my recent mistakes. However, in the future, I intend to demonstrate who the real Ja is, what I stand for, and change this narrative that everyone has bought into.'

Now, with context, can we genuinely assert that Ja has changed? Has he learned anything? Evidently, it seems he's back to behaving irresponsibly for some form of attention. It's akin to persistently having car trouble but refusing to address it. Sooner or later, you can expect to find yourself stranded on the road. Ja is that problematic car. Hopefully, he will seek assistance to improve himself before it's too late.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 01:19 PM
As opposed to flashing a gun as a white person in a manner that may portray a stereotypical "mass shooter"? Where do we really draw the line here?

I get that he's behaved recklessly in the past, for which he's been punished. But getting into street fights isn't in the bill of rights. If the gun is legal, then I don't see the problem.

If he brought a weapon into a team facility or league facility, then that's different. But if he's doing his own thing, then that's his life. It reminds me of the days that David Stern would fine players for not wearing suits at NBA games and it became an issue with Allen Iverson.

I didn't know mass shooter flashed their guns for social media clout. I thought they just went and killed people because they were sick in the head.

And you're missing the point. Ja is not flashing his gun to exercise his rights, he's flashing his gun to portray a thug/gangster/hoodlum persona... if Austin Reaves was listening to rap and posing with a pistol in his car he would get suspended too. If he posted a picture next to a deer with a rifle on his shoulder he wouldn't. The context obviously matters

Dude was literally sent to rehab for this shit 2 months ago and here you are pretending like it's all good. Insanity.

tpols
05-14-2023, 01:22 PM

He's dumb to cost himself 100s of millions of dollars doing this but I just looked it up and Tennessee is an open carry state.

How does somebody get in trouble for doing something totally legal?

The thing is though that you don't go hunting with a handgun. He's clearly promoting gangbanging. This isnt a redneck in camo with a hunting rifle.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:23 PM
How so? They're both in the Bill of Rights. As such, they share some parallel given the inherent nature of "rights" as an American citizen.

I understand what you are saying. I support the Constitution more than most on here. It's when reading an autopsy report and you find the manner in which someone was killed, that there's a high probability that you will not find the method of the homicide to be via religious symbols or religion in general.

So there is a bigger inherent danger in American culture with guns that shouldn't be celebrated or placed on equal footing with the kind of religion someone practices.

imdaman99
05-14-2023, 01:29 PM
Ja is just doing it to impress girls in his IG live. Don't consider him a thug, just a try hard and an idiot. Does not deserve jail time, so just relax on that talk.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 01:36 PM
the rage from the lot of you validates my original statement. you can mask it all you want with sarcasm, parody it, put rolling emojis...you're just further validating the underlying prejudice in this situation. have a good sunday.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 01:41 PM
the rage from the lot of you validates my original statement. you can mask it all you want with sarcasm, parody it, put rolling emojis...you're just further validating the underlying prejudice in this situation. have a good sunday.

White players would get suspended too.

But ignoring the cultural aspect of this is quite funny. Black rappers have been promoting this culture for decades and people act shocked when EVERYBODY knows and assumes exactly what's going on.

But let's put the blindfold over our eyes and scream racism. That's an effective strategy.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 01:43 PM

Where's the prejudice? Can anyone show me? Thanks.

jokic with a gun listening to slipknot wins the thread for comedic value

Foster5k
05-14-2023, 01:50 PM
If we're merely going to digress and not genuinely discuss the actual story...

My question then becomes: why is Ja flashing a gun in the first place? Is he seeking to gain notoriety? He's an NBA player; he doesn't need that kind of reputation. Is he attempting to portray himself as a gangster or something similar? Once more, he's an NBA player; he doesn't need to cultivate a 'gangster' image. He has sufficient funds to afford security or whatever else he might need. Is his aim simply to announce, 'Hey guys, I have a gun on me'? If so, then what does that achieve? Fine, you have a gun - but so do millions of other people who don't have massive NBA contracts.

The point is, I simply can't understand the logic behind his actions. It seems like he's just engaging in reckless behavior and getting suspended as a result. He needs help.

KNOW1EDGE
05-14-2023, 01:51 PM
I love how the typical halfwits are trying to turn Morant into a victim of racism. Lol -I find genuine amusement in many of these comments :cheers:

The whole “Jokic listening to slip knot with a gun” comment was meant to be serious!! LOL -that was meant to prove morant is the victim of racism. Lol

Charlie Sheen
05-14-2023, 01:57 PM
I didn't know mass shooter flashed their guns for social media clout. I thought they just went and killed people because they were sick in the head.

And you're missing the point. Ja is not flashing his gun to exercise his rights, he's flashing his gun to portray a thug/gangster/hoodlum persona... if Austin Reaves was listening to rap and posing with a pistol in his car he would get suspended too. If he posted a picture next to a deer with a rifle on his shoulder he wouldn't. The context obviously matters

Dude was literally sent to rehab for this shit 2 months ago and here you are pretending like it's all good. Insanity.

This is what Chris Kaman used twitter for. :lol

Im Still Ballin
05-14-2023, 02:00 PM
David Stern went in hard to disassociate the NBA from that late '90s to early '00s AND1/streetball/hip-hop/hood element. This isn't just a legality thing, it's about the brand of the league. Ja didn't break any laws, but the NBA isn't going to like him brandishing a weapon in a car while listening to drill rap.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 02:07 PM
David Stern went in hard to disassociate the NBA from that late '90s to early '00s AND1/streetball/hip-hop/hood element. This isn't just a legality thing, it's about the brand of the league.

and look what the league is now. a 3pt shooting fest with soft players. AND1/streetball era was the best era for young people and for me, it made me turn to the NBA and become a fan. even the superstars of that era loved the streetball life because that's how many of them got into playing hoops. Kobe showing up to Ruckers...Rafer Alston playing in the NBA was tight. that side of basketball was never meant to compete or detract attention from the NBA, if anything, it was a funnel to gain new fans more viewership. but stern didn't like the association with 'hood' people even though a majority of the league came from the hood. more forced assimilation to appease 'them'.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 02:10 PM
and look what the league is now. a 3pt shooting fest with soft players. AND1/streetball era was the best era for young people and for me, it made me turn to the NBA and become a fan. even the superstars of that era loved the streetball life because that's how many of them got into playing hoops. Kobe showing up to Ruckers...Rafer Alston playing in the NBA was tight. that side of basketball was never meant to compete or detract attention from the NBA, if anything, it was a funnel to gain new fans more viewership. but stern didn't like the association with 'hood' people even though a majority of the league came from the hood. more forced assimilation to appease 'them'.

Revenue keeps going up

Stern saved the league. Most people in the US aren't from the hood and don't relate to any of that. Smart business.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 02:11 PM
Ja is just doing it to impress girls in his IG live. Don't consider him a thug, just a try hard and an idiot. Does not deserve jail time, so just relax on that talk.

to impress girls? What the fock is wrong with you to think this? :roll:

Im Still Ballin
05-14-2023, 02:13 PM
to impress girls? What the fock is wrong with you to think this? :roll:

There are definitely types that are drawn to this type of behavior. A famous female rapper legitimately said a guy needs to have "bodies" to be with her. I'm sure ISH's black posters can elaborate on this mindset.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 02:15 PM
There are definitely types that are drawn to this type of behavior. A famous female rapper legitimately said a guy needs to have "bodies" to be with her. I'm sure ISH's black posters can elaborate on this mindset.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFJ3VKnwmJw&pp=ygUZRGVzdGlueSBjaGlsZCBuZWVkIGEgdGh1Zw%3D%3D

How do you embedd from phone?

https://youtu.be/qFJ3VKnwmJw

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 02:18 PM
^Fixed it

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 02:26 PM
^Fixed it

Thanks bro

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 02:27 PM
^Fixed it

can you fix the poll in the wcf thread

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 02:28 PM

I know, but Ja is worth 200 million and a famous NBA "superstar", he doesnt need to flash a gun to impress a girl. lmao.

LLL3
05-14-2023, 02:30 PM
I petition the mods to suspend highwhey

https://iili.io/HUhJGsI.md.jpg

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 02:32 PM

https://media.tenor.com/Smf_tFZV2AAAAAAC/dennis-nedry-laughing-hysterically.gif

Micku
05-14-2023, 02:42 PM

I don't know if you remember the amount of articles that were written during that era that was complaining about that era. People were craving the 80s and the 90s back. Some people didn't like the look or the direction the NBA was going. People complained about the iso ball, ppl complain about how slow the game was, and the low scoring. Ppl looked at Iverson and thought he was a fake gangsta. And used him as a symbol of how everything that was bad about the NBA because he looked "thuggish". It all changed after the brawl.

You're right that type of style was popular with the young people and ppl who grew up with that. Guys like Kobe and Iverson grew up watching Magic/MJ/Bird. And ppl consider that to be the golden age. There were many ppl in the early 00s to tell everyone to let that era go. It was great while it lasted, but there is a new gen. Even the NBA had a hard time letting that era go because they desperately wanted another MJ. MJ drew ratings. And he never acted "thuggish". The most ever domestically. Magic also hit ratings that hit 20 in the finals. MJ had ratings that hit 20 in the finals. After MJ retired, it never hit 20 again. It could barely go to 10.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-finals-ratings-viewership-history/

You can say that streaming and TV in general is losing ratings now. But that's because of streaming services and tons of competition. That wasn't the case in 1999-2005. And this did not go unnoticed. And you know what they blame? The style of the nba. The streetball/and1, the thuggy look, how the game was played, the stars that represented the nba, and everything.

Ppl who grew up in that late 90s and 00s era are going to remember it fondly and ppl who are growing up in this era are going to remember it fondly. And they would ignore or won't pay attention to the criticism of your favorite era.

The NBA wants to keep a type of image. They establish the dress code, especially after the brawl and ppl were dressing too "hood". When you are with the nba, you representing not only yourself but the NBA as well. The dress code became more relaxed over time as the fashion changed, but Ja Morant doing stuff like this might change a few things. He isn't doing anything wrong by itself in this video, and if it was in a different context it would be different. Like if he was hunting or whatever the hell. But him listening rap music, dancing with his gun after everything with his history? It's a bad look. And he said he was going to change.

Im Still Ballin
05-14-2023, 02:46 PM
I don't know if you remember the amount of articles that were written during that era that was complaining about that era. People were craving the 80s and the 90s back. Some people didn't like the look or the direction the NBA was going. People complained about the iso ball, ppl complain about how slow the game was, and the low scoring. Ppl looked at Iverson and thought he was a fake gangsta. And used him as a symbol of how everything that was bad about the NBA because he looked "thuggish". It all changed after the brawl.

You're right that type of style was popular with the young people and ppl who grew up with that. Guys like Kobe and Iverson grew up watching Magic/MJ/Bird. And ppl consider that to be the golden age. There were many ppl in the early 00s to tell everyone to let that era go. It was great while it lasted, but there is a new gen. Even the NBA had a hard time letting that era go because they desperately wanted another MJ. MJ drew ratings. And he never acted "thuggish". The most ever domestically. Magic also hit ratings that hit 20 in the finals. MJ had ratings that hit 20 in the finals. After MJ retired, it never hit 20 again. It could barely go to 10.

You can say that streaming and TV in general is losing ratings now. But that's because of streaming services and tons of competition. That wasn't the case in 1999-2005. And this did not go unnoticed. And you know what they blame? The style of the nba. The streetball/and1, the thuggy look, how the game was played, the stars that represented the nba, and everything.

Ppl who grew up in that late 90s and 00s era are going to remember it fondly and ppl who are growing up in this era are going to remember it fondly. And they would ignore or won't pay attention to the criticism of your favorite era.

The NBA wants to keep a type of image. They establish the dress code, especially after the brawl and ppl were dressing too "hood". When you are with the nba, you representing not only yourself but the NBA as well. The dress code became more relaxed over time as the fashion changed, but Ja Morant doing stuff like this might change a few things. He isn't doing anything wrong by itself in this video, and if it was in a different context it would be different. Like if he was hunting or whatever the hell. But him listening rap music, dancing with his gun after everything with his history? It's a bad look. And he said he was going to change.

Great post. I was waiting for an OG to come in and give the deep dive.

tpols
05-14-2023, 02:50 PM

He's got a strong build. Powerlifter if he tried.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 02:55 PM
He's got a strong build. Powerlifter if he tried.

very big guy. very sturdy. clear case of manboobs tho

highwhey
05-14-2023, 03:09 PM

You make fair and valid points regarding the NBA and their desired image. But it's still forced assimilation. This is coming from a hypocritical organization that panders to BLM and Latino supporters...you see my point? "We like your style of basketball and talents, but your culture does not fit our product image, you are prohibited from being yourself."

RRR3
05-14-2023, 03:13 PM
Classic ISH in this thread.

Nb1
05-14-2023, 03:29 PM
That's why you shouldn't let sth go with a simple wrist slap! It has to be sth which will make you think twice before doing the same mistake again.

This whole he went to rehab for 1 hr and learned his lesson was total bs and we all know it...

RRR3
05-14-2023, 03:33 PM
Ja didn’t actually do anything wrong but he is incredibly stupid because there’s no way he doesn’t know the league will punish him for this. The NBA is a corporation concerned with their image so they will punish him. But people acting like Ja is a bad person for displaying a gun are weird. Ja should get criticism for beating the shit out of someone and threatening them with a gun (assuming that happened, at this point it’s all a lawyer battle there) but this particular incident is nothing to me. It’s only really notable because it’s stunning how stupid he is.

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 03:38 PM
Ja didn’t actually do anything wrong but he is incredibly stupid because there’s no way he doesn’t know the league will punish him for this. The NBA is a corporation concerned with their image so they will punish him. But people acting like Ja is a bad person for displaying a gun are weird. Ja should get criticism for beating the shit out of someone and threatening them with a gun (assuming that happened, at this point it’s all a lawyer battle there) but this particular incident is nothing to me. It’s only really notable because it’s stunning how stupid he is.

When you say he didn't do anything wrong, do you just mean he didn't break the law?

hold this L
05-14-2023, 03:40 PM
Might be the dumbest player in the entire league. It's hilarious how he tries to act like a thug when he looks like one of the most prep kids in NBA history growing. What a loser and a poser.

RRR3
05-14-2023, 03:49 PM
When you say he didn't do anything wrong, do you just mean he didn't break the law?
He didn’t break a law or hurt anyone so I don’t see what he did wrong. Being a try hard isn’t the same as being a bad person. This isn’t to say Ja hasn’t done bad things because it sure seems like he has, but this isn’t one of them. It is however an incredibly stupid thing for him to do. Shocking so. Never seen a player this lacking awareness off court. And I do agree with kblaze that the reaction is different from certain people due to his race. Not including you amongst those people but people like Patrick chewing and starface absolutely would be whining about second amendment rights if Ja was white.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 03:51 PM
He didn’t break a law or hurt anyone so I don’t see what he did wrong. Being a try hard isn’t the same as being a bad person. This isn’t to say Ja hasn’t done bad things because it sure seems like he has, but this isn’t one of them. It is however an incredibly stupid thing for him to do. Shocking so. Never seen a player this lacking awareness off court.

Then why is it stupid if he didn't do anything wrong? :facepalm

tpols
05-14-2023, 03:51 PM
Might be the dumbest player in the entire league. It's hilarious how he tries to act like a thug when he looks like one of the most prep kids in NBA history growing. What a loser and a poser.

This.

Gangsters of the past would be embarrassed by this type of stuff. Real gangsters do their work in silence and wouldn't dare brag about it on a public platform.

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 03:53 PM
He didn’t break a law or hurt anyone so I don’t see what he did wrong. Being a try hard isn’t the same as being a bad person. This isn’t to say Ja hasn’t done bad things because it sure seems like he has, but this isn’t one of them. It is however an incredibly stupid thing for him to do. Shocking so. Never seen a player this lacking awareness off court.

I definitely don't think it makes him a bad person.

However, I also think it is absolutely wrong for a NBA player to flash a gun like that on social media. You have kids and young men/women that look up to these players.

This just happened in my community with a teacher flashing a weapon on social media multiple times similar to this. In my opinion, that is absolutely doing something wrong given his stature in the community. I didn't and wouldn't want him fired, but if he just keeps doing it...I certainly wouldn't want him teaching my kids or the kids in my community going forward.

Wally450
05-14-2023, 03:55 PM

Completely agree.

RRR3
05-14-2023, 03:57 PM

However, I also think it is absolutely wrong for a NBA player to flash a gun like that on social media. You have kids and young men/women that look up to these players.

This just happened in my community with a teacher flashing a weapon on social media multiple times similar to this. In my opinion, that is absolutely doing something wrong given his stature in the community. I didn't and wouldn't want him fired, but if he just keeps doing it...I certainly wouldn't want him teaching my kids or the kids in my community going forward.
That’s fair but I’m more in agreement with Barkley in that celebrities shouldn’t be role models. You’d be shocked how many celebrities have horrible skeletons in their closets.

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 03:57 PM

I'd imagine the NBA comes down with a huge suspension / penalty given his history and the climate surrounding guns in this country.

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2023, 03:58 PM
That’s fair but I’m more in agreement with Barkley in that celebrities shouldn’t be role models.

No one says they "should be". But they are. They have attention on them and they should be wise with that attention.

Of course you take the dumb "nothing illegal" stance since you dont know morals.

highwhey

why? this country was founded by armed men. literally. shouldn't your focus be on teaching your kids to do the right thing and develop a good moral compass rather than trying to shelter them from gun toting people? doesn't seem like the teacher did anything wrong. are you in texas? everyone in texas is armed. except for the gays like starface down in the homosexual neighborhoods in austin.

DMAVS41
That’s fair but I’m more in agreement with Barkley in that celebrities shouldn’t be role models.

Shouldn't be is a fine opinion to have, but that doesn't change the fact that they are....and denying that is just ignorant.

If you don't want the attention or responsibility, don't play in the NBA. Nobody is forcing anyone to be in the NBA.

How about teachers though? Should teachers be allowed to do anything they want on social media as long as it doesn't break the law or hurt someone?

highwhey
05-14-2023, 04:00 PM
That’s fair but I’m more in agreement with Barkley in that celebrities shouldn’t be role models. You’d be shocked how many celebrities have horrible skeletons in their closets.

yeah...wasn't matt barns just saying on his podcast that he did worse shit than ja morant while he was playing?

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 04:02 PM
why? this country was founded by armed men. literally. shouldn't your focus be on teaching your kids to do the right thing and develop a good moral compass rather than trying to shelter them from gun toting people? doesn't seem like the teacher did anything wrong. are you in texas? everyone in texas is armed. except for the gays like starface down in the homosexual neighborhoods in austin.

I'm not going to go into detail about the exact circumstances, but it was more than just flashing a weapon. Given the climate around school and mass shootings in this country...we just had another one in Texas, in Allen, last week...I think it is obviously wrong and irresponsible for the leaders in a community to exhibit that behavior.

Also, flashing a gun like that goes exactly against proper gun safety and how seriously most law abiding gun owners operate in Texas.

Micku
05-14-2023, 04:07 PM
You make fair and valid points regarding the NBA and their desired image. But it's still forced assimilation. This is coming from a hypocritical organization that panders to BLM and Latino supporters...you see my point? "We like your style of basketball and talents, but your culture does not fit our product image, you are prohibited from being yourself."

I see your point. I get it. But it's like that for many jobs. Not all jobs, but there are some that are more loose. But the NBA isn't one of them.

If you had a job, you know that you can't do whatever you want; even on your off days. You can get fired on your day off lol. You represent the company.

You are affecting money. Their money, the team, and the individual sponsor deals. I get the hypocritical side, but not everything within the culture is marketable or argubably should be. And we had ppl who grew up in tough neighborhoods in the league who don't act like this.

Going to another example, like the WWE, right? Shawn Michaels was a rocker. His whole gimmick was being a rocker and he lived that style too. Did drugs, went to parties, sleep with other ppl girls, got into fights. It got so bad that the WWE fired him in the 80s. Because he messing up shit and messing up the image. He had to clean his act and WWE gave him another chance. Of course, he was still an asshole for a while but he wasn't as wild as he was.

You got teachers who got suspended for their actions in the past or whatever they do off work. Like porn haha! It's stuff that they don't to be represented.

Like the gun itself and the hiphop culture isn't what's wrong. It's the context of what is being done and the history of Ja. Shaq has guns, but he doesn't show them off. Karl Malone has guns, talks about using them (hunting), but he didn't show them. Many NBA players have guns, but they don't do what Ja is doing. I think if he wasn't as good as he was, then the punishment would probably more harsh.

Like I said earlier, he didn't do anything. But given the history of Ja and the context of the situation it's going to be rough. You can still celebrate black, latino or whatever culture. You can even show off guns, but you got to do it smartly.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 04:25 PM
I'm not going to go into detail about the exact circumstances, but it was more than just flashing a weapon. Given the climate around school and mass shootings in this country...we just had another one in Texas, in Allen, last week...I think it is obviously wrong and irresponsible for the leaders in a community to exhibit that behavior.

Also, flashing a gun like that goes exactly against proper gun safety and how seriously most law abiding gun owners operate in Texas.

my point is that you won't be able to shelter your kids from everything. and yes, ja is displaying poor gun safety in the video. but my gripe was how quick people are to call him a thug. which we both know is derived from people's racial prejudice.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 04:30 PM
I see your point. I get it. But it's like that for many jobs. Not all jobs, but there are some that are more loose. But the NBA isn't one of them.

If you had a job, you know that you can't do whatever you want; even on your off days. You can get fired on your day off lol. You represent the company.

You are affecting money. Their money, the team, and the individual sponsor deals. I get the hypocritical side, but not everything within the culture is marketable or argubably should be. And we had ppl who grew up in tough neighborhoods in the league who don't act like this.

Going to another example, like the WWE, right? Shawn Michaels was a rocker. His whole gimmick was being a rocker and he lived that style too. Did drugs, went to parties, sleep with other ppl girls, got into fights. It got so bad that the WWE fired him in the 80s. Because he messing up shit and messing up the image. He had to clean his act and WWE gave him another chance. Of course, he was still an asshole for a while but he wasn't as wild as he was.

You got teachers who got suspended for their actions in the past or whatever they do off work. Like porn haha! It's stuff that they don't to be represented.

Like the gun itself and the hiphop culture isn't what's wrong. It's the context of what is being done and the history of Ja. Shaq has guns, but he doesn't show them off. Karl Malone has guns, talks about using them (hunting), but he didn't show them. Many NBA players have guns, but they don't do what Ja is doing. I think if he wasn't as good as he was, then the punishment would probably more harsh.

Like I said earlier, he didn't do anything. But given the history of Ja and the context of the situation it's going to be rough. You can still celebrate black, latino or whatever culture. You can even show off guns, but you got to do it smartly.

i understand the punishment angle, he signed a contract and now he has to abide by those terms. i still think the nba is silly though. for the reasons i already mentioned. my main gripe in this thread was how people quickly called him a thug. it very much falls in line with how society views most of us minorities the moment we decide to be ourselves. JA is just flexing. if he was out in the streets moving dope or catching bodies, we'd know...because the grapevine. i don't encourage his type of behavior but it's funny seeing the double standard be reinforced.

90sgoat
05-14-2023, 04:34 PM
I'm against thuggery in sports because thugs aren't tough, they're actually weak fatherless little boys who desperately try to compensate for being raised by only women.

Being tough is being blue collar, someone who works hard or someone who is motivated by a personal code, someone who can't be bullied, because they believe in a higher cause.

Charlie Sheen
05-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Ja is in his early 20's. Chances are everyone can relate to making stupid decisions that cost big when we were younger.

Some of you are weird...Acting like people wait for this opportunity to live out their clayton bigsby fantasy. :lol

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 04:36 PM
I'm against thuggery in sports because thugs aren't tough, they're actually weak fatherless little boys who desperately try to compensate for being raised by only women.

Being tough is being blue collar, someone who works hard or someone who is motivated by a personal code, someone who can't be bullied, because they believe in a higher cause.

Thug culture in general shouldn't be celebrated. African-Americans shouldn't accept that as part of their culture either.

imdaman99
05-14-2023, 04:37 PM
very big guy. very sturdy. clear case of manboobs tho

Lol highway would beat the shit outa you with 1 arm, he wouldn't need any weapon. Stop trying to act tough online bruh you ain't ja :cheers:

Micku
05-14-2023, 04:44 PM
i understand the punishment angle, he signed a contract and now he has to abide by those terms. i still think the nba is silly though. for the reasons i already mentioned. my main gripe in this thread was how people quickly called him a thug. it very much falls in line with how society views most of us minorities the moment we decide to be ourselves. JA is just flexing. if he was out in the streets moving dope or catching bodies, we'd know...because the grapevine. i don't encourage his type of behavior but it's funny seeing the double standard be reinforced.

Yeah man. He ain't no thug for dancing with a gun in his hand. I think if he was showing off his guns while hunting or whatever, this wouldn't even be talked about. As you said, he flexing. It's just a dumb move given the context, his history, and what's going on in the political climate. He ****ing up his money and reputation. If this was Dillion Brooks, he might've found it difficult for a nba team to sign him.

Just seeing him doing this and knowing the potential consequences is just sad to think about.

The Hick
05-14-2023, 04:45 PM

Guns pointed in safe direction. No outside distractions

Or...

https://www.the-sun.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2023/03/nba-superstar-ja-morant-allegedly-800285537.jpg

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/05/NYPICHPDPICT000011086595.jpg

Guns pointed in unsafe direction, outside distractions, unsafe handling of firearms. Only a dummy can't see why one is condemned and the other is considered thuggish.

Ja can actually bring his gun to the FedExForum and there isn't a damn thing his bosses can do about it as long as he keeps it locked in his car. It's illegal by state law for the Grizzlies to punish him if he chooses to do that too. But he's not only handling his weapon dangerously, he could actually be charged for brandishing a firearm if the car was in motion when he was playing with his pistol

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
After the first gun incident, has a whole interview with Jalen Rose and how he will change and be a better human being. Fast forward 2 months later the same ****. Why so much attention on a wanabe thug. You want to keep acting a fool after everyone gave you support, you just straight acting now. Lose hundreds of millions, HUNDRED of ******* MILLIONS just to show people he is cool/hard/tough by hold a firearm. While everyday Joe's can walk around open carry and not get punished. Wow.

Axe
Hahaha the prick has been suspended by his own team, again. :yaohappy:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-14-2023, 04:53 PM
With all his wild and crazy plays on court, if he ends up with a major injury and becomes a shell of himself, getting traded every year, you can imagine where it goes from there, for Mr. Ja Lookatmeimsogangsta.

fsvr54
05-14-2023, 04:56 PM
People who cry racism are straight up losers.

highwhey
Yeah man. He ain't no thug for dancing with a gun in his hand. I think if he was showing off his guns while hunting or whatever, this wouldn't even be talked about. As you said, he flexing. It's just a dumb move given the context, his history, and what's going on in the political climate. He ****ing up his money and reputation. If this was Dillion Brooks, he might've found it difficult for a nba team to sign him.

Just seeing him doing this and knowing the potential consequences is just sad to think about.

i concur, stupid move as it will hurt his money. forget the money lost from suspensions...it's the future money and sponsors dropping him where it will hurt.

and to your point about dillon brooks, yeah he'd be blackballed permanently. another double standard right? makes you wonder how far Ja can keep up this until the NBA says no more. i think he may get a lengthy suspension but his talent is too great to not be given another opportunity to rectify his behavior.

90sgoat
I'd watch an amateur league honestly.

Tired of extremely rich assholes who don't know what to do with all their money and fame.

The Hick
05-14-2023, 05:09 PM
It makes it so much worse that he's not even from the hood. He's not Zach Randolph, Demar DeRozan, or Kawhi Leonard. He's like the Ice Cube or Dr Dre of the NBA. Jokic is more gangsta at heart than Morant

DMAVS41
05-14-2023, 05:46 PM
my point is that you won't be able to shelter your kids from everything. and yes, ja is displaying poor gun safety in the video. but my gripe was how quick people are to call him a thug. which we both know is derived from people's racial prejudice.

I don't want my kids or the kids of my community sheltered from everything. My point is that there is a responsibility that comes along with certain professions...and that NBA player happens to be one. Ja is not forced to work for the association. He can go work anywhere else he wants....literally nobody has ever forced him to sign a contract or choose to enter the draft...etc.

Once you make that decision, there are consequences for your actions and there are right / wrong actions to take in the context of your situation.

A teacher is similar...if you are on social media doing elicit things, porn, flashing weapons, drugs, etc...most communities would not want said person as a role model for young adults. Doesn't mean they are a bad person or a criminal...to me, it just means that they have poor judgment and should likely find a different job.

I don't think race has anything to do with it. I think the context of it does...driving around holding a gun like that...doesn't matter the race of someone...is going to bring out the notions you reference. Whereas, if he was holding a gun properly while at a shooting range or hunting...nobody would give a **** other than anti-gun people / groups...but certainly he wouldn't be suspended by the NBA for it.

Not race oriented imo, just based on the circumstances.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 06:03 PM

It's cause he looks like a thug and is acting like a thug. Get that through that refried head of yours.

8Ball
05-14-2023, 06:10 PM
Guns pointed in safe direction. No outside distractions

Or...

Guns pointed in unsafe direction, outside distractions, unsafe handling of firearms. Only a dummy can't see why one is condemned and the other is considered thuggish.

Ja can actually bring his gun to the FedExForum and there isn't a damn thing his bosses can do about it as long as he keeps it locked in his car. It's illegal by state law for the Grizzlies to punish him if he chooses to do that too. But he's not only handling his weapon dangerously, he could actually be charged for brandishing a firearm if the car was in motion when he was playing with his pistol

No guns on any NBA premises. Parking lot of grizzlies forum is considered NBA premise.

I predict 15 games suspension.

morbius
05-14-2023, 06:12 PM
https://i.redd.it/0d1nv3of7y051.jpg

The Hick
05-14-2023, 06:47 PM
No guns on any NBA premises. Parking lot of grizzlies forum is considered NBA premise.

I predict 15 games suspension.

The NBA does not have Vatican rights on any NBA team facility. They must abide by state law. Any Grizzly player(a grey area for other NBA players) can bring a gun into the parking area of the FedExForum if stored correctly. The Grizzlies nor NBA cannot put this into a Grizzly players contract either or they face potential criminal charges.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/guns-in-vehicles-in-tennessee/#:~:text=The%20person's%20motor%20vehicle%20must,t he%20trunk%2C%20glove%20box%2C%20or

Tennessee law also restricts employers from prohibiting their employees from transporting or storing a firearm or firearm ammunition in an employer parking area if the firearm or ammunition is otherwise lawfully stored in compliance with the section above.

Any business can prohibit employees and customers from exiting their vehicle with a weapon though.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 06:53 PM
It's cause he looks like a thug and is acting like a thug. Get that through that refried head of yours.

i hope you heal one day.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Will all the money he makes and his enjoyment for guns...he could easily get in contact with this dude and play all he wants. Instead losing out on millions acting.
https://youtube.com/shorts/lXJdgDjw1Ks?feature=share

RRR3
05-14-2023, 07:25 PM
Shouldn't be is a fine opinion to have, but that doesn't change the fact that they are....and denying that is just ignorant.

If you don't want the attention or responsibility, don't play in the NBA. Nobody is forcing anyone to be in the NBA.

How about teachers though? Should teachers be allowed to do anything they want on social media as long as it doesn't break the law or hurt someone?
I’m an anarchist you’re asking the wrong person if you’re expecting defense of state enforcement lol. I do think certain behaviors should be discouraged and condemned of course.

RRR3
05-14-2023, 07:26 PM
No one says they "should be". But they are. They have attention on them and they should be wise with that attention.

Of course you take the dumb "nothing illegal" stance since you dont know morals.
Tell me what Ja did morally wrong HERE. You can’t use past instances to make your case. I never said Ja hasn’t done bad things I said he didn’t do a bad thing here. Idiotic yes.

Duderonomy
05-14-2023, 08:01 PM
I have been an NBA fan for 24 years and I have very seldom been at a loss for words. But JA what are you doing here..We've been over this
https://youtu.be/8jZBDnXVYvw

Full Court
05-14-2023, 08:14 PM
I HOPE corporations cut him off and take his money.

And these are the incidents where no one was impacted.

He threatened the security guard at the mall + fighting a kid at his house.

^This guy is such a soymilk drinking p****y. Just call yourself transgender and be done with it. :lol

highwhey
05-14-2023, 08:26 PM
I have been an NBA fan for 24 years and I have very seldom been at a loss for words. But JA what are you doing here..We've been over this
https://youtu.be/8jZBDnXVYvw

holy shit he looks like starface

https://i.ibb.co/tQc6B4V/images.jpg

1987_Lakers
05-14-2023, 08:30 PM
Looks like he might get a lengthy suspension to start the year next season.

8Ball
05-14-2023, 08:40 PM
The NBA does not have Vatican rights on any NBA team facility. They must abide by state law. Any Grizzly player(a grey area for other NBA players) can bring a gun into the parking area of the FedExForum if stored correctly. The Grizzlies nor NBA cannot put this into a Grizzly players contract either or they face potential criminal charges.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/guns-in-vehicles-in-tennessee/#:~:text=The%20person's%20motor%20vehicle%20must,t he%20trunk%2C%20glove%20box%2C%20or

Any business can prohibit employees and customers from exiting their vehicle with a weapon though.

Right, but the CBA takes over and judges in disputes will refer to the CBA.

I read over Article 9 regarding firearms and its kinda murky. He flashed a gun in a car outside of NBA premises and I didn't see a clause somewhere that said that specific action was not allowed.

CBA also allows the league to punish a player for conduct detrimental to the league. And "thug" culture with guns is not marketable so that's where the league would probably go legality wise.

Not sure the player's union would "stand up" for Ja and appeal a suspension.

8Ball
05-14-2023, 08:41 PM
^This guy is such a soymilk drinking p****y. Just call yourself transgender and be done with it. :lol

Meltdown.

Your grizzlies are finished. Dillon Brooks gone, Ja Moron gonna be out 15-20 games next season.

His endorsements are gonna get wiped this week.

8Ball
05-14-2023, 08:48 PM
Tell me what Ja did morally wrong HERE. You can’t use past instances to make your case. I never said Ja hasn’t done bad things I said he didn’t do a bad thing here. Idiotic yes.

Flashing a gun is not morally wrong.

But with all the shootings across the US, promoting "gun culture" is not something the league wants to do and it isn't marketable to the general fanbase.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Now that I’m settled for the night I have a couple questions….

Do any of you know young black people? And have you ever been to Memphis?

Let me answer both….

I know many. And I was one. The behavior you see doesn’t make him a thug or a gangster….it just means everyone has a camera in their pockets these days.

You could literally have seen me do similar things at certain points. Never was I a thug or trying to give them impression of one. I…and my friends…were having a good time. I’ve seen white young people showing off guns listening to music. It’s just different music. A different set of words are used to describe it. In almost all cases black or white those people will do you no harm. It’s called “****ing around” and if you have never been around such a thing…I can see why you take it more serious than it is. But I don’t see anything shocking in those videos. I see my little cousins who did the same but had good grades and now run a landscaping business in Atlanta. You wanna talk about it being a poor business decision fine….but it doesn’t make him a thug or even a wannabe thug.

Being around a lot of guns in your crew and being caught on camera mostly means two things….

Hes a young infamous hundred million dollar man in Memphis…the grimiest city I’ve ever been in(and I’m from Chicago back when the murder rate was higher than it is now)….and his team has poor social media etiquette. You’d be an idiot to be a rich young social life having guy who so much as steps foot outside at night in Memphis without your people being armed. Forget even staying in nice areas. You take one left off Beale st you’ll fall into a pothole into another dimension. Memphis is HOOD. And I mean downtown Memphis. Right by the arena.

That city is a slum with a pretty strip in the middle.

My friends often had guns in the car or on them in west Greenville sc. Which was hood…but was never memphis. The people aren’t gonna only carry them in Memphis though. You have to assume his people are armed.

You insert social media into my life…not even from like 92…from 2008 or so…you might catch someone holding a gun that looks like a gotdamn transformer. And he’d have arrived in a blood red old crown Vic with a Jason mask hanging off the rear view…

And he was a ****ing police officer down in Williamston SC. At my house drinking E&J showing us his Raging Taurus handgun that fired shotgun shells.

You can get a lot of wrong impressions off a picture or a video. Thugs do thug shit. Being on camera holding a gun isnt thug shit. The problem is the camera not the behavior long as nobody was hurt.

Hes gotta get a smarter circle if only for the repeated leaks. He’s not doing anything I never did. He’s just in an era with technology to show it. I’m glad none of my drunk friends had cell phones in the 90s. Hell I’m glad I didn’t either.

He should be fined for poor social media behavior maybe. The actions are going on all over the place by people you’d never call thugs if you met them. And that’s black, white, Hispanic, and anyone else.

1987_Lakers
05-14-2023, 09:13 PM
How did this thread turn into race?

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 09:22 PM

We all know the racial code words. Bunch of young white boys in the south listening to whatever it is they listen to(and I acknowledge might actually be the same thing Ja was listening to) and being irresponsible with guns are called rednecks.

Black people are called thugs and gangstas. Hell they’re called that if they’re just standing quietly looking how they look.

Is anyone really disputing that?

Its literally happening right now.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 09:29 PM
And for the record, maybe he does have those tendencies in real life. It’s funny to me to see people talk about how he’s rich and how he didn’t come up poor like that’s what makes someone hard. Some people are just built like that and you don’t have to be from some broken home with no hot water to be it. He might be a thug for all I know. But I know having a gun and listening to music isn’t trying to be one. That’s the kind of thing pushed by those who have no experience in those worlds. Crazy people don’t have to come from poverty. He might not be acting like anything. He might really be living that life. It would be stupid, but growing up with both parents and not being poor certainly doesn’t exempt anyone from it.

tpols
05-14-2023, 09:31 PM
That city is a slum with a pretty strip in the middle

You can say that about most cities.

I've been to them all in the tristate.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 09:49 PM
Among nba cities I’d say that mostly the case for Memphis and New Orleans. Everything people think New Orleans is can be seen walking the French quarter for two hours on foot. Half a mile away you run into some admittedly often cool junkies more than regular people. A guy I’m fairly sure knows the taste of crack picked up my credit card and stopped me leaving a little hood corner store to give it back. I wanted to buy him a beer but he already had one. I get along with such people for whatever reason.

highwhey
05-14-2023, 09:52 PM
Now that I’m settled for the night I have a couple questions….

Do any of you know young black people? And have you ever been to Memphis?

Let me answer both….

I know many. And I was one. The behavior you see doesn’t make him a thug or a gangster….it just means everyone has a camera in their pockets these days.

You could literally have seen me do similar things at certain points. Never was I a thug or trying to give them impression of one. I…and my friends…were having a good time. I’ve seen white young people showing off guns listening to music. It’s just different music. A different set of words are used to describe it. In almost all cases black or white those people will do you no harm. It’s called “****ing around” and if you have never been around such a thing…I can see why you take it more serious than it is. But I don’t see anything shocking in those videos. I see my little cousins who did the same but had good grades and now run a landscaping business in Atlanta. You wanna talk about it being a poor business decision fine….but it doesn’t make him a thug or even a wannabe thug.

Being around a lot of guns in your crew and being caught on camera mostly means two things….

Hes a young infamous hundred million dollar man in Memphis…the grimiest city I’ve ever been in(and I’m from Chicago back when the murder rate was higher than it is now)….and his team has poor social media etiquette. You’d be an idiot to be a rich young social life having guy who so much as steps foot outside at night in Memphis without your people being armed. Forget even staying in nice areas. You take one left off Beale st you’ll fall into a pothole into another dimension. Memphis is HOOD. And I mean downtown Memphis. Right by the arena.

That city is a slum with a pretty strip in the middle.

My friends often had guns in the car or on them in west Greenville sc. Which was hood…but was never memphis. The people aren’t gonna only carry them in Memphis though. You have to assume his people are armed.

You insert social media into my life…not even from like 92…from 2008 or so…you might catch someone holding a gun that looks like a gotdamn transformer. And he’d have arrived in a blood red old crown Vic with a Jason mask hanging off the rear view…

And he was a ****ing police officer down in Williamston SC. At my house drinking E&J showing us his Raging Taurus handgun that fired shotgun shells.

You can get a lot of wrong impressions off a picture or a video. Thugs do thug shit. Being on camera holding a gun isnt thug shit. The problem is the camera not the behavior long as nobody was hurt.

Hes gotta get a smarter circle if only for the repeated leaks. He’s not doing anything I never did. He’s just in an era with technology to show it. I’m glad none of my drunk friends had cell phones in the 90s. Hell I’m glad I didn’t either.

He should be fined for poor social media behavior maybe. The actions are going on all over the place by people you’d never call thugs if you met them. And that’s black, white, Hispanic, and anyone else.

:oldlol: you think these neckbeards go outside? a lot of these dudes form their opinions based off youtube videos, not anecdotal experiences.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 10:04 PM
It just makes me wonder how many people on the internet would be calling me and my group of largely harmless friends wannabe thugs if social media existed. Just listening to music and holding a gun? There was always music on around my friends at his age and occasionally a gun. And we had way less reason to be armed than an easily identifiable young millionaire who lives in Memphis.

As I said he needs someone on top of everyone’s phone activity but the behavior itself? We don’t need to be talking about thugs and “gangstas”.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 10:16 PM
It just makes me wonder how many people on the internet would be calling me and my group of largely harmless friends wannabe thugs if social media existed. Just listening to music and holding a gun? There was always music on around my friends at his age and occasionally a gun. And we had way less reason to be armed than an easily identifiable young millionaire who lives in Memphis.

As I said he needs someone on top of everyone’s phone activity but the behavior itself? We don’t need to be talking about thugs and “gangstas”.

Nobody actually thinks he's dangerous or a real thug. He's trying to portray himself as a thug... as hard... as street... that is what he is obviously portraying.

Of course he's having fun at the same time. Has a shit ton of money bumping music? Yeah its all fun. But he's trying to portray an image. Denying that is retarded.

KNOW1EDGE
05-14-2023, 10:17 PM
Owning a gun, and then waving that gun recklessly for the camera doesn’t make Morant a thug. It just makes him young and irresponsible.

If he was at the shooting range safely handling firearms the NBA would have no issues. But he’s in a moving vehicle putting a pistol to his own head.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 10:23 PM
Nobody actually thinks he's dangerous or a real thug. He's trying to portray himself as a thug... as hard... as street... that is what he is obviously portraying.

Of course he's having fun at the same time. Has a shit ton of money bumping music? Yeah its all fun. But he's trying to portray an image. Denying that is retarded.

Holding a gun doesn’t mean you are trying to look like a thug or be “street”. It means you’re holding a gun.

Who do you think he’s trying to pretend for exactly? His friends and family who know what he is or isn’t? The public?

You think he only does that when a friend goes on live?

Hes doing it hanging around his friends…amongst whom…it would be very hard to pretend to be anything.

He’s ****ing around. That’s all. It doesn’t have to have a goal. People have ****ed around like that around me with music on and without. They weren’t trying to pretend anything. Just a laugh.

HoopsNY
05-14-2023, 10:31 PM
Holding a gun doesn’t mean you are trying to look like a thug or be “street”. It means you’re holding a gun.

Who do you think he’s trying to pretend for exactly? His friends and family who know what he is or isn’t? The public?

Hes doing it hanging around his friends…amongst whom…it would be very hard to pretend to be anything.

He’s ****ing around. That’s all. It doesn’t have to have a goal. People have ****ed around like that around me with music on and without. They weren’t trying to pretend anything. Just a laugh.

I think you're forgetting, Ja throws up Crip gang signs during games. The guy absolutely is a wannabe thug.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 10:31 PM

He’s ****ing around. That’s all.

I know he's fukking around.. he's obviously not putting much thought into his actions. He's bumping rap and posing with a gun... he's portraying an image.. to his friends, to the public...

You act like because he's fukking around that he also isn't portraying an image even if its to his buddies. This the guy that beat up a 17 year old? Posing with guns and beating up minors. Hmmm. Just having fun right? Nothing to see. You're delusional.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 10:32 PM
I think you're forgetting, Ja throws up Crip gang signs during games. The guy absolutely is a wannabe thug.

Just having fun man. Posing with guns, throwing gang signs, beating up minors.

Just having fun. :roll:

1987_Lakers
05-14-2023, 10:33 PM

I forgot about this. lol

theman93
05-14-2023, 10:43 PM
Just a young man exercising his second amendment rights. You go Ja :cheers:

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 10:46 PM

I could tell you about many many people who both C walked and weren’t actually saying they were crips but it feels like there is such a cultural divide Id be wasting my time.

Some things some people just aren’t gonna understand. I’ll leave it at this…ISH would probably think my entire friend group were thugs for a good 30 year run there. Not a one in the group. Not one who wishes he were or wants people to think it.

Just…fairly common shit. Luckily…no camera phones.

I won’t even go into all the actual drug dealers who also had guns but absolutely were not thugs or gangster types you encounter where I’m from. I’d never be able to make ISH understand how that happens.

SATAN
05-14-2023, 10:49 PM

That would actually be yourself.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 10:49 PM

Because this board is full of idiots who are addicted to making everything about race. And I'll call out any race on this forum and blast them for their hypocrisy and double standards. First it was the N word they were bitching and moaning about. Now, they're bitching and moaning about being called a thug and gangster even if you actually look like or actually are a thug and a gangster. You can't win with these ISH Al Sharptons when they live their whole life under this notion that there is constant racial division and hatred in this country. There isn't. But they'll never cop to that.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 10:53 PM
I could tell you about many many people who both C walked and weren’t actually saying they were crips but it feels like there is such a cultural divide Id be wasting my time.

Some things some people just aren’t gonna understand. I’ll leave it at this…ISH would probably think my entire friend group were thugs for a good 30 year run there. Not a one in the group. Not one who wishes he were or wants people to think it.

Just…fairly common shit. Luckily…no camera phones.

I won’t even go into all the actual drug dealers who also had guns but absolutely were not thugs or gangster types you encounter where I’m from. I’d never be able to make ISH understand how that happens.
Nobody cares about your friends growing up.

He poses with guns, throws up gang signs, and Beats up minors. He quite obviously is trying to live a thuggish life.

I grew up around black kids too. Hell, a lot of my white friends wore red bandanas and threw up blood signs. They grew up though. Ja apparently didn't.

You are not speaking on some magical culture that people don't understand. It's actually quite amazing that you think you are.

I'm pretty sure Shannon grew up in the hood and he calls Ja a fake gangster. Everybody is in agreement but you... don't you find that weird?

1987_Lakers
05-14-2023, 10:55 PM
Because this board is full of idiots who are addicted to making everything about race. And I'll call out any race on this forum and blast them for their hypocrisy and double standards. First it was the N word they were bitching and moaning about. Now, they're bitching and moaning about being called a thug and gangster even if you actually look like or actually are a thug and a gangster. You can't win with these ISH Al Sharptons when they live their whole life under this notion that there is constant racial division and hatred in this country. There isn't. But they'll never cop to that.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KnobbyWhirlwindCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Seriously though, I'm Mexican and grew up in the hood, but it is kinda annoying seeing race get brought up in every discussion nowadays.

SATAN
05-14-2023, 10:56 PM

The forum Grand Wizard has spoken.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2023, 11:09 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KnobbyWhirlwindCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Seriously though, I'm Mexican and grew up in the hood, but it is kinda annoying seeing race get brought up in every discussion nowadays.

Ya estamos muy cansado de esta mierda. Todo en este país aparentemente gira sobre la raza y el color de una persona como si todavia estuviéramos viviendo en los 50's. Y en menos de cincuenta años cuando la mayoria de este país se convierte a Latino, yo espero que no tenemos que hablar mas de este otro color como los gringos le encantan hablar de ellos como si fueran Reyes or Dioses.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 11:09 PM
Nobody cares about your friends growing up.

He poses with guns, throws up gang signs, and Beats up minors. He quite obviously is trying to live a thuggish life.

I grew up around black kids too. Hell, a lot of my white friends wore red bandanas and threw up blood signs. They grew up though. Ja apparently didn't.

You are not speaking on some magical culture that people don't understand. It's actually quite amazing that you think you are.

I'm pretty sure Shannon grew up in the hood and he calls Ja a fake gangster. Everybody is in agreement but you... don't you find that weird?

There is no “everybody”. I’m talking to some random people on the internet largely the type id expect to have these opinions about what constitutes a thug. I don’t come here to interact with people with a background I’d expect to mirror mine. My friends and I laughed about it last time and talked about a picture we have of my cousin waving a pistol in a fur coat like Pimp C.

We live in a society of fake outrage and quick often stereotypical judgements. I don’t look to people like you or chewing for agreement. All just putting in our two cents. Actually having done almost all the things in question while never being anything like a thug…nor trying to make people feel I was…I feel it’s relevant.

That video could be a dozen people I know none of whom is or wants to come off as a thug. People were doing that shit in my house as recently as like….2015. There’s a lot more to being a thug than playing around with someone’s gun when you have incredibly good reason to keep a gun.

tpols
05-14-2023, 11:10 PM

I guess it matters where you're from. In the northeast it's like...a hard-core felony to be going around flashing guns like that. But then in the south its totally legal. For a lot of people up north nobody has guns but the criminals.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 11:11 PM
There is no “everybody”. I’m talking to some random people on the internet largely the type of expect to have these opinions about what constitutes a thug. I don’t come here to interact with people with a background I’d expect to mirror mine. My friends and I laughed about it last time and talked about a picture we have of my cousin waving a pistol in a fur coat like Pimp C.

We live in a society of fake outrage and quick often stereotypical judgements. I don’t look to people like you or chewing for agreement. All just putting in our two cents. Actually having done almost all the things in question while never being anything like a thug…nor trying to make people feel I was…I feel it’s relevant.

That video could be a dozen people I know none of whom is or wants to come off as a thug. People were doing that shit in my house as recently as like….2015. There’s a lot more to being a thug than playing around with someone’s gun when you have incredibly good reason to keep a gun.

You're missing the point... nobody thinks he's a real thug just like nobody thought the white kids in school wearing bandanas and listening to young Jeezy made them real thugs.

But they got in fights, stole shit, and acted like buffoons... they weren't literally gang banging though.

Ja has the mentality of a middle school suburban white kid who thinks he's a gangster. You don't pose with guns and beat up minors if you actually think you're a certain way.

This dude is a 100 million dollar athlete acting like a middle schooler... the criticism stems from the image he portrays and the mentality of it. Not hard to understand.

HoopsNY
05-14-2023, 11:12 PM

I'm from NYC and a person of color myself. I'm "urban" and went to urban schools growing up during the worst time the city had ever seen. So there really isn't a cultural divide per se.

Doing the C-Walk and throwing up Rollin 60s set w/neighborhood signs are absolutely not the same things. One is socially acceptable. The other is done through affiliation.

Yea, I get it. Believe me I do. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a wannabe.

I get that too, but no one is saying Ja is an actual thug. We're saying he's a wannabe, which he is.

Axe
05-14-2023, 11:18 PM
That would actually be yourself.
Lmao

highwhey
05-14-2023, 11:25 PM
I get that too, but no one is saying Ja is an actual thug. We're saying he's a wannabe, which he is.

i think you just skimmed the thread then

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 11:27 PM

The entire thread is people calling him an idiot and fake thug

The outrage is coming from u and kblaze claiming racism lol

Charlie Sheen
05-14-2023, 11:28 PM

you were the first person to mention thug in this thread.

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 11:35 PM
I didn’t call anybody racist. I said he’s being called a thug and a gangster because he’s black and he is. As I said a white guy of his age from South Carolina listening to their music holding guns is gonna be called a redneck not a thug or “gangsta”. Is anyone disputing that? That we as a society settle on the “thug” label more easily for a young black guy than a young white one?

Joel is a redneck. Ja is a thug. That was always gonna be the conversation.

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2023, 11:40 PM
I didn’t call anybody racist. I said he’s being called a thug and a gangster because he’s black and he is. As I said a white guy of his age from South Carolina listening to their music holding guns is gonna be called a redneck not a thug or “gangsta”. Is anyone disputing that? That we as a society settle on the “thug” label more easily for a young black guy than a young white one?

Joel is a redneck. Ja is a thug. That was always gonna be the conversation.

You're completely wrong. They'd be called a w1gger or a wankster.

You ever seen Malibus most wanted?

Rednecks are kids who wear cowboy boots and shoot squirrels in the woods in their 90s Chevys.

If they posed with pistols, bumped rap, wore chains, and threw up gang signs they'd be called wanksters like early 2000s eminem.

50 cent made a song about it.

It's all about the actual image you portray. Jason Williams portrayed himself in a similar way... nobody called him a redneck. He was a w1gger. Why are you so confused lol

Kblaze8855
05-14-2023, 11:54 PM
******? A wankster?

Have you talked to humans in the wild in the last 15 years or so?

tpols
05-14-2023, 11:56 PM
******? A wankster?

homie is stuck in 2003.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:00 AM
******? A wankster?

I know they wouldn't literally be called a wankster or w1gger... that is some early 2000s shit.

But they'd be called fake thugs, and a mixture of other terms that essentially mean the same thing. You're just arguing semantics now because you know I'm right.

Nice deflection though.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2023, 12:03 AM
They’d be called rednecks. That’s what such people are called. No need to search for a word that nobody uses anymore and almost nobody ever did. Deep South, gun toting, white boys listening to Deep South gun toting white guy music and cutting up are called rednecks. Just the world we have.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:06 AM
They’d be called rednecks. That’s what such people are called. No need to search for a word that nobody uses anymore and almost nobody ever did. Deep South, gun toting, white boys listening to Deep South gun toting white guy music are called rednecks. Just the world we have.

If Austin Reaves was shirtless in a vehicle with a million dollar chain on his neck, blasting rap music, and toting a pistol by his head with a grill in his mouth he would not be called a redneck. He would quite literally be called a fake thug just like Ja and it would resurrect the word 'w1gger' into the vernacular. Those words went away because white people wearing baggy clothes and acting like that went away.

It has nothing to do with the color of Ja's skin. How do you not understand this :roll:

Axe
05-15-2023, 12:10 AM
Meltdown.

Your grizzlies are finished. Dillon Brooks gone, Ja Moron gonna be out 15-20 games next season.

His endorsements are gonna get wiped this week.
:yaohappy:

highwhey
05-15-2023, 12:18 AM

coin24
05-15-2023, 12:18 AM
Dumb people go straight to the race card, what a surprise..

Ja is a moron. If your employer suspends you for something and you go do it again you deserve to be sacked. Has nothing to do with his race.
I don’t get his obsession and begging for attention on social media? Guys a multi millionaire famous athlete!

Maybe he should go back to rehab:lol he relapsed in his addictions of being a dumb tryhard cu*nt

Kblaze8855
05-15-2023, 12:19 AM
If Austin Reaves was shirtless in a vehicle with a million dollar chain on his neck, blasting rap music, and toting a pistol by his head with a grill in his mouth he would not be called a redneck. He would quite literally be called a fake thug just like Ja and it would resurrect the word 'w1gger' into the vernacular. Those words went away because white people wearing baggy clothes and acting like that went away.

It has nothing to do with the color of Ja's skin. How do you not understand this :roll:

So you mean if you wrap him in things people associate with black culture he’d be more likely to be called a thug than if he did whatever he normally does + had a gun?

And you think you’re making an opposing point? People associate looking like Ja with being a thug. Especially when mixed with a gun.

Gun+southern white guy packaging…called something else.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:23 AM
So you mean if you wrap him in things people associate with black culture he’d be more likely to be called a thug than if he did whatever he normally does + had a gun?

And you think you’re making an opposing point? People associate looking like Ja with being a thug. Especially when mixed with a gun.

Gun+southern white guy packaging…called something else.

I mean if he acted the exact same way in the exact same context as Ja he would be labeled as the exact same thing. That's what I'm saying... I know he wouldn't be called a redneck.

You can't just pretend that black rappers have been promoting that image for decades and claim racism when people associate it with thug behavior. That is literally what it is and what they have been promoting in the most impactful ways possible for young people (rap music) they are associated with black culture because that is what famous blacks have promoted for decades.

Again, If Reaves was throwing up gang signs, beating up minors, and posing with guns you think he'd be labeled as a .... redneck? And he wouldn't get the same flak?

FultzNationRISE
05-15-2023, 12:24 AM
They’d be called rednecks. That’s what such people are called. No need to search for a word that nobody uses anymore and almost nobody ever did. Deep South, gun toting, white boys listening to Deep South gun toting white guy music and cutting up are called rednecks. Just the world we have.

First of all rednecks might pose for pictures with shotguns on a hunting trip, but posing with pistols to project a gang affiliated image is not a redneck thing. Theres also no redneck music that really centers on guns. If a white guy posted the kind of pic Ja did, he would absolutely get called a wannabe thug. Nobody would think redneck, thats a completely unrelated image.

Rednecks grow up with guns like they grow up with hammers and tire-irons and screwdrivers. It’s not something that represents toughness. Theyre tools, not fashion accessories. Rednecks dont think it’s some big deal to have a gun. If they share a pic of one it’s likely because they got an interesting new model or whatever.

It’s really not in that culture to use handguns for try-harding.

Charlie Sheen
05-15-2023, 12:27 AM
white kid would be called a school shooter... neither one is flattering

tpols
05-15-2023, 12:27 AM
Dumb people go straight to the race card, what a surprise..

Ja is a moron. If your employer suspends you for something and you go do it again you deserve to be sacked. Has nothing to do with his race.
I don’t get his obsession and begging for attention on social media? Guys a multi millionaire famous athlete!

Maybe he should go back to rehab:lol he relapsed in his addictions of being a dumb tryhard cu*nt

It's crazy that there could be a rehab for being a psychopath. Not alcohol or drugs... just... for being crazy and dumb. I guess it's all one in the same. The lo0ney bin.

Charlie Sheen
05-15-2023, 12:30 AM
I guess it matters where you're from. In the northeast it's like...a hard-core felony to be going around flashing guns like that. But then in the south its totally legal. For a lot of people up north nobody has guns but the criminals.

Yeah... I was thinking something like this. Strict gun laws in California helped me to draw that association.

FultzNationRISE
05-15-2023, 12:32 AM
It's crazy that there could be a rehab for being a psychopath. Not alcohol or drugs... just... for being crazy and dumb. I guess it's all one in the same. The lo0ney bin.

The Loney Bin :yaohappy:

highwhey
05-15-2023, 12:34 AM

well rehab is just counseling from a mental health professional. anyone with a mental defect can benefit from a mental health professional. when i went to rehab for alcohol, some of our group therapy classes were a mix of addicts and mental health patients. the treatment center treated addicts and 'mental health patients'. i met schizophrenics, people who weren't all there...people who tried to commit suicide from depression, chicks with self-body image issues...shit, there was a guy there for overdosing on marijuana...i didn't think that was possible but i guess he went into pyschosis from doing too much weed or dabs. there was a sex addict there too. some of the conditions have cross over.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:35 AM
First of all rednecks might pose for pictures with shotguns on a hunting trip, but posing with pistols to project a gang affiliated image is not a redneck thing. Theres also no redneck music that really centers on guns. If a white guy posted the kind of pic Ja did, he would absolutely get called a wannabe thug. Nobody would think redneck, thats a completely unrelated image.

Rednecks grow up with guns like they grow up with hammers and tire-irons and screwdrivers. It’s not something that represents toughness. Theyre tools, not fashion accessories. Rednecks dont think it’s some big deal to have a gun. If they share a pic of one it’s likely because they got an interesting new model or whatever.

It’s really not in that culture to use handguns for try-harding.

I guess 'thug' and 'gang-affiliated' are now racist terms even though they are words blacks have promoted for years thru rap music. And the fashions, behaviors, and overall culture that is promoted thru said music is also somehow racist if we associate it with black people, even though that is what they have associated themselves with.

Weird times.

Patrick Chewing
05-15-2023, 12:36 AM

You cannot convince these people otherwise. As I stated earlier, they are addicted to racial biases. A thug is a thug and a wannabe thug is a wannabe thug no matter what their color is. This notion that now the word "thug" is used by others to describe Blacks and only Blacks is silly. But I know why they do it. I know why they are saying that word is somehow racial in tone. Because they know thug imagery is associated with their culture, and they are most likely embarrassed by it, so rather than disassociate themselves from that imagery and culture and not be called a "sellout" by their own people, they decided that if someone from a different race pointed out the obvious by calling them thugs, that it would somehow be some underlying racist remark. You can't make this shit up.

tpols
05-15-2023, 12:38 AM
well rehab is just counseling from a mental health professional. anyone with a mental defect can benefit from a mental health professional. when i went to rehab for alcohol, some of our group therapy classes were a mix of addicts and mental health patients. the treatment center treated addicts and 'mental health patients'. i met schizophrenics, people who weren't all there...people who tried to commit suicide from depression, chicks with self-body image issues...shit, there was a guy there for overdosing on marijuana...i didn't think that was possible but i guess he went into pyschosis from doing too much weed or dabs. there was a sex addict there too. some of the conditions have cross over.

I been there by AC man. I know. Seen all types of characters. Hope you doing better.

FultzNationRISE
05-15-2023, 12:43 AM

warriorfan
05-15-2023, 01:10 AM
To be honest he’s lucky he’s getting some sort of heat for this

If he wasn’t and kept it up he would eventually wind up with his brain blown out the back of his skull

insight
05-15-2023, 05:46 AM
I mean if he acted the exact same way in the exact same context as Ja he would be labeled as the exact same thing. That's what I'm saying... I know he wouldn't be called a redneck.

You can't just pretend that black rappers have been promoting that image for decades and claim racism when people associate it with thug behavior. That is literally what it is and what they have been promoting in the most impactful ways possible for young people (rap music) they are associated with black culture because that is what famous blacks have promoted for decades.

Again, If Reaves was throwing up gang signs, beating up minors, and posing with guns you think he'd be labeled as a .... redneck? And he wouldn't get the same flak?

America was literally built on racism, the way Americans indentify who they are and the group they belong to is based on skin color and physical features. Everything we do in this society has a racial context which is embedded in every aspect of our society We can pretend we can objectively view an incident without injecting our own racial bias but it's done out of ignorance or intelectual dishonesty.
The word THUG origins are from India and it refered to a thief and con-man. Do you think this term describes the people we call settlers and pilgrims, the people who stole and killed the indengious peoples so they could claim the land as their own? Were they Thugs and gangsters or people ordained by God to civilize the savages?
With that said, what Ja did brandishing a gun was stupid and dangerous but it is interesting how we hold a 23 year NBA player to a higher standard than some of the people we elect to public office and leadership positions.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 09:25 AM
America was literally built on racism, the way Americans indentify who they are and the group they belong to is based on skin color and physical features. Everything we do in this society has a racial context which is embedded in every aspect of our society We can pretend we can objectively view an incident without injecting our own racial bias but it's done out of ignorance or intelectual dishonesty.
The word THUG origins are from India and it refered to a thief and con-man. Do you think this term describes the people we call settlers and pilgrims, the people who stole and killed the indengious peoples so they could claim the land as their own? Were they Thugs and gangsters or people ordained by God to civilize the savages?
With that said, what Ja did brandishing a gun was stupid and dangerous but it is interesting how we hold a 23 year NBA player to a higher standard than some of the people we elect to public office and leadership positions.

People who colonized this land weren't breaking any laws at the time. The natives didn't have them and were technologically behind the Europeans. Sucks for them but that's what it boils down to. Comparing colonization to modern society is a desperate reach.

Black people call themselves thugs and gangsters and promote that culture blatantly. 'Young Thug' has been around over a decade. He literally calls himself young thug.

Anyways you should read this thread and let this black man educate you: https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1653902580689391622?t=VF7dlqAokN8RQu-8drhzxA&s=19

The Hick
05-15-2023, 09:50 AM
America was literally built on racism, the way Americans indentify who they are and the group they belong to is based on skin color and physical features.

The whole world was built on tribalism and exploiting others if they had the means at the time. Most racist regions on Earth are the Middle East & India followed by East Asia. Then North Africa, Europe, Latin America and finally North America and Australia being the least racist.

insight
05-15-2023, 10:13 AM
People who colonized this land weren't breaking any laws at the time. The natives didn't have them and were technologically behind the Europeans. Sucks for them but that's what it boils down to. Comparing colonization to modern society is a desperate reach.

Black people call themselves thugs and gangsters and promote that culture blatantly. 'Young Thug' has been around over a decade. He literally calls himself young thug.

Anyways you should read this thread and let this black man educate you: https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1653902580689391622?t=VF7dlqAokN8RQu-8drhzxA&s=19

People who colonized this land weren't breaking any laws at the time It's easy to distort what happened historically to rationalize ones own thuggery. Do you really want me to believe a deed or formal declaration would have changed the agenda of manifest destiny?

Every racial group has young ignorant people doing and saying dumb things. Skin heads were pervassive in white cutlure for decades and they embraced Neo Nazi beliefs I don't see people making claims that all white people embrace their lifestyle because some Skin Heads made records and music videos.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:20 AM
People who colonized this land weren't breaking any laws at the time It's easy to distort what happened historically to rationalize ones own thuggery. Do you really want me to believe a deed or formal declaration would have changed the agenda of manifest destiny?

Every racial group has young ignorant people doing and saying dumb things. Skin heads were pervassive in white cutlure for decades and they embraced Neo Nazi beliefs I don't see people making claims that all white people embrace their lifestyle because some Skin Heads made records and music videos.

What do you think of that Twitter thread?

Hey Yo
05-15-2023, 10:27 AM
ESPN's Michael Wilbon will not allow his son to buy/wear Ja Morant's signature shoes following the Memphis star's latest immature decision.

https://www.outkick.com/espns-mike-wilbon-bans-wearing-ja-morant-shoes-for-son/

shit just got real!!

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:30 AM
ESPN's Michael Wilbon will not allow his son to buy/wear Ja Morant's signature shoes following the Memphis star's latest immature decision.

https://www.outkick.com/espns-mike-wilbon-bans-wearing-ja-morant-shoes-for-son/

shit just got real!!

Wilbon is a known racist.

RachlNicholsazz
05-15-2023, 11:45 AM
AI got so much love. Ja gets so much hate. Are these 2 that much different?

SATAN
05-15-2023, 11:58 AM
This thread is USA as ****. :pimp:

Charlie Sheen
05-15-2023, 11:59 AM

ja is trying to game authority saying he's gonna comply and change his behavior... AI was a lot more mature. He wasnt giving lip service about learning from bad decisions. You cant work with people like ja in any industry until they change their attitude.

insight
05-15-2023, 12:52 PM
What do you think of that Twitter thread?

I think it's propaganda used to confuse people who are not serious about learning America's historical origins.
Do you know why the 1619 project is called the 1619 project? Slavery has been around for milennia but CHATTEL Slavery bondange based on race including offspring without no ability to earn freedom was a new concept. Read Dred Scott vs Sandford you will see how the goverment preceived the rights of people of color.
Most people don't know Europe used America as a place to export criminal and the worse of their society, most early settlers were not even able to substain themselves or live off the land. They didn't understand how to plant crops without erroding the soil.

KNOW1EDGE
05-15-2023, 01:05 PM

Iverson didn’t have social media or else I’m sure he’d have been flashing guns as well. I think young people broadcasting their questionable behavior is the biggest difference

warriorfan
05-15-2023, 01:15 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsRG1B4hZ_e/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

return of kwame!

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3iertsjN68

:lol

Kwame "just doesn't understand", right kblaze?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2023, 01:47 PM
https://youtu.be/SQIgkcBjPFI

Shannon Sharpe going off on Ja and the people who "enable" him.

Cant say he was off base in his criticism. There's real racism in this country just not here

90sgoat
05-15-2023, 02:01 PM

AI was a cringe loser too, but he did play in a significantly tougher era and played with alot more heart.

Patrick Chewing
05-15-2023, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3iertsjN68

Kwame "just doesn't understand", right kblaze?

Wait just a minute, did Kwame just refer to Ja as a "thug"??

I thought that was just secret code language used by White people. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
05-15-2023, 02:37 PM
Who said only white people use the word thug? Someone who never heard of Tupac, young thug, bone thugs, and so on I assume. Nobody here.

I said it’s used to describe black people behaving like this and not generally white people. And people are currently….doing exactly that.

The shit people make up to have something to argue with….

I doubt there’s anyone on this earth who ever said black people don’t themselves use the word “thug”. Nobody has ever said it but I need to come explain to you why one said it…

People are doing exactly what I said they do. Calling Ja Morant a thug. And if he were a young white guy listening to young white guy music with a gun….they’d call him something else. Likely a redneck. People doing it…is not proving im wrong to say they do it. I would be wrong if I said nobody black did it as well. You show me where I…or any human…said black people don’t…another story.

The argument is being fabricated on the fly to have something to fight about. I never said only one race uses the language. I said the language is generally reserved for a certain kind of person more than others. And obviously it is.

SlimReaper
05-15-2023, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, Ja is just a fvcking moron. So much talent wasted :facepalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SARapI5taKk

Wardell Curry
05-15-2023, 03:57 PM
The argument is being fabricated on the fly to have something to fight about. I never said only one race uses the language. I said the language is generally reserved for a certain kind of person more than others. And obviously it is.

"Rednecks" as you put it do not typically post body language aggressive looking photos trying to portray themselves as something that they are not. White kids that do are thugs. Or want to be thugs. Rednecks might post pictures with guns with a stupid looking grin on their face and the picture of a dead animal.

Here is the definition of thug.

thug: a violent, aggressive person, especially one who is a criminal.
"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"

If you find that one skin color of people are more often referred to as thugs, it may just be because a there is a larger percentage of that particular group that are thugs than the percentage of others groups of people that are thugs. But that's not a subject anyone here is willing to have an honest conversation about because it always boils down to people screaming about racism and pretending that evolution isn't a real thing and that all people of all groups act the exact same and have the same talents and abilities.

The implication behind all of your posting is "racism!" rather than just acknowledging all of this for what it is, a young immature kid trying to act tough. Now continue pretending to be offended.

I love how the typical halfwits are trying to turn Morant into a victim of racism. Lol -I find genuine amusement in many of these comments :cheers:

The whole “Jokic listening to slip knot with a gun” comment was meant to be serious!! LOL -that was meant to prove morant is the victim of racism. Lol

maybe he is

i don't find it unreasonable to think so

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 06:01 PM
"Rednecks" as you put it do not typically post body language aggressive looking photos trying to portray themselves as something that they are not. White kids that do are thugs. Or want to be thugs. Rednecks might post pictures with guns with a stupid looking grin on their face and the picture of a dead animal.

If you find that one skin color of people are more often referred to as thugs, it may just be because a there is a larger percentage of that particular group that are thugs than the percentage of others groups of people that are thugs. But that's not a subject anyone here is willing to have an honest conversation about because it always boils down to people screaming about racism and pretending that evolution isn't a real thing and that all people of all groups act the exact same and have the same talents and abilities.

The implication behind all of your posting is "racism!" rather than just acknowledging all of this for what it is, a young immature kid trying to act tough. Now continue pretending to be offended.

Ether.

Inb4 "see u guys are doing exactly what I said" :lol

Never seen a guy miss the point and continue to argue as if he's always right like kblaze. Dude is wrong about mostly everything but he has a massive ego so he always tries to straw man his way out no matter what. :lol

insight
05-15-2023, 06:28 PM

If you find that one skin color of people are more often referred to as thugs, it may just be because a there is a larger percentage of that particular group that are thugs than the percentage of others groups of people that are thugs.

Those who control media, statistical data, and the educational system control the narrative. Why are white people who stole land, raped women of color with impunity and killed with impunity considered THUGS? In the 1500s race referred to kinship family history, it had nothing to do with skin color. You want to have honest dialog we can do that but I really don't think you want to go there. This country was built on racism and exploitation and through mapping of the genome DNA it has been proven skin color is as important as eye color outside of the benefits of melonin. There is only a 1% difference between all racial groups. Everyone on earth right now can be traced backed genetically to black people in africa.

Wardell Curry
05-15-2023, 06:43 PM
There is only a 1% difference between all racial groups. Everyone on earth right now can be traced backed genetically to black people in africa.

Everyone is the exact same. Race, country, genetics, they're all the same as everyone else. Genetic differences aren't a real thing. We're all the same. Alllll the same. Men from the Netherlands aren't taller than everywhere else on average, for example. That's just a weird coincidence.

The Hick
05-15-2023, 07:02 PM
[I]
[B]There is only a 1% difference between all racial groups. Everyone on earth right now can be traced backed genetically to black people in africa.

There is only a 3% difference between chimps and humans. And when you say "black people" , humans evolved at the tip of North Africa where "middle eastern, Arab" people reside now. Not from Sub Saharan Africa, where black people reside now

sdot_thadon
05-15-2023, 09:33 PM
Who said only white people use the word thug? Someone who never heard of Tupac, young thug, bone thugs, and so on I assume. Nobody here.

I said it’s used to describe black people behaving like this and not generally white people. And people are currently….doing exactly that.

The shit people make up to have something to argue with….

I doubt there’s anyone on this earth who ever said black people don’t themselves use the word “thug”. Nobody has ever said it but I need to come explain to you why one said it…

People are doing exactly what I said they do. Calling Ja Morant a thug. And if he were a young white guy listening to young white guy music with a gun….they’d call him something else. Likely a redneck. People doing it…is not proving im wrong to say they do it. I would be wrong if I said nobody black did it as well. You show me where I…or any human…said black people don’t…another story.

Ive said for years Thug is now a code word for stuff that would get faces caved in, in less civil times. Can't say certain words freely without backlash in the 20's so they use safe ones. And that said, Ja is THE furthest thing from a thug the black community could offer. Honestly most people that use that label have no clue what that class of person is capable of.....

****but yeah, he's an idiot, no doubt.

insight
05-15-2023, 10:37 PM
There is only a 3% difference between chimps and humans. And when you say "black people" , humans evolved at the tip of North Africa where "middle eastern, Arab" people reside now. Not from Sub Saharan Africa, where black people reside now

The oldest human fossil record was found in Ethopia which is south of Egypt. There is also evidence that the oldest pryramids are in southern africa which was not as kemit. Over time they migrated from the south to north.
There is an unexplained evolutionary gap between apes and homo sapien. Some theorize modern humans were genectically manipulated because the fossil record is incomplete. Plus there is no explaination why modern man lost his hair and genetic attributes which would be useful today.

insight
05-15-2023, 10:40 PM
Everyone is the exact same. Race, country, genetics, they're all the same as everyone else. Genetic differences aren't a real thing. We're all the same. Alllll the same. Men from the Netherlands aren't taller than everywhere else on average, for example. That's just a weird coincidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8604262/

Social scientists have long understood race to be a social category invented to justify slavery and evolutionary biologists know the socially constructed racial categories do not align with our biological understanding of genetic variation. The completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003 confirmed humans are 99.9% identical at the DNA level and there is no genetic basis for race

SATAN
05-16-2023, 01:23 AM
This thread is unbelievable. :facepalm

This thread is unbelievable. :facepalm

that's pretty funny

it is kind of all over the place

The Hick
05-16-2023, 03:20 PM
The oldest human fossil record was found in Ethopia which is south of Egypt. .

No. The oldest homo sapien fossils are found in Morocco at the tip of Africa. They predate homo sapien fossils in Ethiopia by 75,000-100000 years. The homo sapien fossils in Mt. Carmel Israel are almost as old as the Ethiopian fossils.

insight
05-16-2023, 04:10 PM
No. The oldest homo sapien fossils are found in Morocco at the tip of Africa. They predate homo sapien fossils in Ethiopia by 75,000-100000 years. The homo sapien fossils in Mt. Carmel Israel are almost as old as the Ethiopian fossils.

The fossils in Morocco have not been genetically traced back to every living person on the planet like Lucy in Africa. As the Piltdown Man Hoax proved making grand conclusion with complete testing is not good science. More testing is required to see how these fossils fit into the historical recorded we still have not found the so called bridge species between ape and man if it exist at all.

The Hick
05-16-2023, 04:34 PM
The fossils in Morocco have not been genetically traced back to every living person on the planet like Lucy in Africa. As the Piltdown Man Hoax proved making grand conclusion with complete testing is not good science. More testing is required to see how these fossils fit into the historical recorded we still have not found the so called bridge species between ape and man if it exist at all.

What does Lucy have to do with this? She wasn't human or even in the homo genus. You might as well say we all come from Asia since that's where all primates evolved from. And who mentioned anything about the Piltdown Man?

Norcaliblunt
05-16-2023, 05:25 PM
Mordant is just expressing his second amendment right.

Gun control is racist.

Real NRA peeps need to have JA’s back.

Patrick Chewing
05-16-2023, 05:28 PM
Mordant is just expressing his second amendment right.

Gun control is racist.

Real NRA peeps need to have JA’s back.

He can own a million guns if he wants.

But the NBA has an image and a reputation to uphold. 17 pages worth in this thread and it really just boils down to this.

Norcaliblunt
05-16-2023, 05:31 PM
He can own a million guns if he wants.

But the NBA has an image and a reputation to uphold. 17 pages worth in this thread and it really just boils down to this.

This America, we have the second amendment. Ja Morant should be a “right to bear arms” hero. Put on a pedestal. Morant is freedom personified.

Norcaliblunt
05-16-2023, 05:46 PM
White boy gun slingers like Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp get to twirl their guns around and be recognized as legends.

The swinging your gun around bravado is some Wild West white boy shit. Facts.

Elvis, Ted Nugget, Charleston Heston, etc etc.

White boys not sticking up for black gun toters is the problem. Whites and blacks need to unite under the second amendment.

Patrick Chewing
05-16-2023, 07:41 PM
White boy gun slingers like Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp get to twirl their guns around and be recognized as legends.

White boys not sticking up for black gun toters is the problem. Whites and blacks need to unite under the second amendment.

insight
05-16-2023, 11:52 PM
What does Lucy have to do with this? She wasn't human or even in the homo genus. You might as well say we all come from Asia since that's where all primates evolved from. And who mentioned anything about the Piltdown Man?

Piltdown Man was referenced because there have been several instances of scientist falsifying the fossil record because they did not want to acknowledge Africa as the cradle of civilization.
I meant Mitochondrial Eve not Lucy. Eve is the homo sapien African woman who everyone on earth are decendants of.

AlternativeAcc.
05-16-2023, 11:56 PM
Piltdown Man was referenced because there have been several instances of scientist falsifying the fossil record because they did not want to acknowledge Africa as the cradle of civilization.
I meant Mitochondrial Eve not Lucy. Eve is the homo sapien African woman who everyone on earth are decendants of.

Even if that were true what does it matter? If anything that's a negative... that means 'black people's' are slightly less evolved if thats the origin. We all descend from ape-like creatures, are we supposed to hold those creatures in high regard?

WhiteKyrie
05-16-2023, 11:56 PM
I honestly think this is extreme over compensation for him actually being gay

FultzNationRISE
05-17-2023, 12:12 AM

Being handy with a pistol was a legitimate survival necessity if you were gonna carve out a living in the wild west in 1880.

For multimillionaire suburban athletes in 2023… little bit different.

Personally I dont care what Ja does, he doesnt live in my neighborhood so his lifestyle isnt any concern of mine.

But it’s not a great comparison.

WhiteKyrie
05-17-2023, 12:24 AM

Oh you think he’s gay too?

tpols
05-17-2023, 12:25 AM
Being handy with a pistol was a legitimate survival necessity if you were gonna carve out a living in the wild west in 1880.

For multimillionaire suburban athletes in 2023… little bit different.

Personally I dont care what Ja does, he doesnt live in my neighborhood so his lifestyle isnt any concern of mine.

But it’s not a great comparison.

Doc Holiday had a prestigious degree in dentistry. He was almost a doctor. :lol

He liked gambling and shooting and gangbanging though apparently. Those guys lived really interesting lives.