PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are the #1 rated defensive team in the playoffs.

Lebron23
05-15-2023, 09:37 AM
Lakers are the #1 rated defensive team in the playoffs.

Lakers rank on defense:
#1 in defensive rating (106.5)
#1 in opponent’s FG% (42.2%)
#1 in defensive rebounds per game (37.0)
#1 in blocks per game (7.1)

"Defense wins Championships"
"The one who controls the rebound controls the game"

3ba11
05-15-2023, 09:56 AM
PLAYOFFS

85-93' JORDAN....... 35/7/7
06-14' LEBRON....... 28/8/6

Lakers rank on defense:

Playoff defensive rating means little because everyone plays different teams and the pace or dynamic of each series will vary widely

So it means nothing.

Otoh, regular season DRTG is valid because everyone plays the same comp over a large sample size

And keep in mind that Lebron wasn't required to be a good defender for half his chips (no all-defense in his 30's), while also passing less than MJ for the other half of his chips - see the stats above - Lebron averaged less APG for the first 9 years of their respective playoff careers, which is 06-14' vs 85-93'.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:00 AM
Playoff defensive rating means little because everyone plays different teams and the pace or dynamic of each series will vary widely

So it means nothing.

Otoh, regular season DRTG is valid because everyone plays the same comp over a large sample size

They've had the best DRTG since the trade deadline. This isn't random or flukey. You just haven't paid any attention. That's why you lazily picked the Nuggets who are mediocre defensively (mediocre defenses almost NEVER win the title)

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:08 AM
They've had the best DRTG since the trade deadline. This isn't random or flukey. You just haven't paid any attention. That's why you lazily picked the Nuggets who are mediocre defensively (mediocre defenses almost NEVER win the title)

Lakers won't be able to stop the Nuggets - this is a completely different level - they'll be ragdolling Lebron's team by Game 3 like it's 2014, 2017 or 2018 all over again.

Lebron and AD could only manage 20-25 against the pathetic Grizzlies or Warriors, so this will be less against the Nuggets' onslaught and they certainly can't match the 25-30 from Jokic/Murray.. Jokic/Murray is the best duo in the league.

Btw, it's funny how you think someone is GOAT when they're entirely carried on the defensive end and weren't required to be a good defender for half their chips (no all-defense for Lebron in his 30's)

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:15 AM
Lakers won't be able to stop the Nuggets - this is a completely different level - they'll be ragdolling Lebron's team by Game 3 like it's 2014, 2017 or 2018 all over again.

Lebron and AD could only manage 20-25 against the pathetic Grizzlies or Warriors, so this will be less against the Nuggets' onslaught and they certainly can't match the 25-30 from Jokic/Murray.. Jokic/Murray is the best duo in the league.

Btw, it's funny how you think someone is GOAT when they're entirely carried on the defensive end and weren't required to be a good defender for half their chips (no all-defense for Lebron in his 30's)

He's playing at a higher level at age 38 than anybody else in history and just had a 30/9/9 game in a must win game 6 vs. the defending Champs, who you've been saying all year would beat LeBron because of superior brand. Outplayed Curry on both ends.

He cant keep getting away with this.

8Ball
05-15-2023, 10:19 AM
PLAYOFFS

85-93' JORDAN....... 35/7/7
06-14' LEBRON....... 28/8/6

So it means nothing.

And keep in mind that Lebron wasn't required to be a good defender for half his chips (no all-defense in his 30's), while also passing less than MJ for the other half of his chips - see the stats above - Lebron averaged less APG for the first 9 years of their respective playoff careers, which is 06-14' vs 85-93'.

Jordan year 20 ppgs in the playoffs: 0/0/0

Jordan Age 38 stats: 20/4/4 on 40% vs LeBron 30/8/7 on 50%

8Ball
05-15-2023, 10:20 AM

Lakers rank on defense:

Who knew getting rid of Westbrick would change the team.

Addition by subtraction.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:26 AM
Jordan year 20 ppgs in the playoffs: 0/0/0

Jordan Age 38 stats: 20/4/4 on 40% vs LeBron 30/8/7 on 50%

Lebron is getting carried to a title by only needing 23 ppg and having teammates to nearly match or lead him in scoring for every series.

That isn't goat-caliber so you guys are lying by saying that this chip is goat-caliber - this wouldn't even qualify as a chip if Jordan was only getting 23 ppg - he wouldn't consider it a chip and no one would think he's GOAT for winning a chip at 23 ppg - the goat standard is much higher than 23 ppg

theman93
05-15-2023, 10:28 AM
AD is the best anchor of the modern generation (*when healthy).

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:29 AM
Lebron is getting carried to a title by only needing 23 ppg and having teammates to nearly match or lead him in scoring for every series.

That isn't goat-caliber so you guys are lying by saying that this chip is goat-caliber - this wouldn't even qualify as a chip if Jordan was only getting 23 ppg - he wouldn't consider it a chip and no one would think he's GOAT because he already set the goat standard and it was much higher

It counted for for Bird, Magic, and Wilt

LeBron being the best 38 year old in history while leading a title team is a disgustingly large legacy boost that further separates him from everybody else. He's about to become a guy who has won multiple titles with 2 different franchises... undeniable GOAT.

Bankaii
05-15-2023, 10:39 AM
AD is the best anchor of the modern generation (*when healthy).
Define modern. Because Dwight was definitely more impactful.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:40 AM
It counted for for Bird, Magic, and Wilt

Not for Jordan

And that's what we're talking about - we're talking about whether Lebron is a fraud for GOAT or not

And he clearly is because 23 ppg isn't close to any of Jordan's titles

Jordan has 6 titles that are like Wade's 2006 chip - complete domination

So this chip is a complete joke compared to Jordan and it proves that Lebron wasn't capable of 6 dominant chips.. He needed teammates to carry him this year, while teammates led the scoring in 2020, 2011 and matched him in the 2016 run..

chips with different franchises

Anyone can go 1/4 with AD or 1/4 with Love or 1/4 with Wade (except the Allen miracle)

that's quite pathetic for a goat candidate and Lebron has the lowest championship frequency for a top 10 candidate or the worst Finals record.

20 years of longevity confirms that Lebron isn't capable of a dynasty, 3-peat or 6 chips with any lineup, aka objectively inferior to MJ

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:42 AM

Lakers were last on defense in 2019 and lottery but AD made them 1st and champions in 2020 (he also led the scoring)

Lebron is being carried by AD, yet you guys think he compares to a guy that won 6 chips in 2006 Wade fashion (complete domination)

during the 1st three-peat, the Bulls only had the #7 defense and worse defense than nearly every ECF and Finals opponent (91' Pistons, 91' Lakers, 92' Knicks, 92' Blazers, 93' Knicks)

theman93
05-15-2023, 10:47 AM

Dwight was only a rim protector. AD being able to block and alter shots at the rim while simultaneously having the ability to guard the perimeter in the hyper centric 3 point shooting era is something this league has never seen.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 10:49 AM
Not for Jordan

And that's what we're talking about - we're talking about whether Lebron is a fraud for GOAT or not

And he clearly is because 23 ppg isn't close to any of Jordan's titles

Jordan has 6 titles that are like Wade's 2006 chip - complete domination

So this chip is a complete joke compared to Jordan and it proves that Lebron wasn't capable of 6 dominant chips.. He needed teammates to carry him this year, while teammates led the scoring in 2020, 2011 and matched him in the 2016 run..

Anyone can go 1/4 with AD or 1/4 with Love or 1/4 with Wade (except the Allen miracle)

that's quite pathetic for a goat candidate and Lebron has the lowest championship frequency for a top 10 candidate or the worst Finals record.

20 years of longevity confirms that Lebron isn't capable of a dynasty, 3-peat or 6 chips with any lineup, aka objectively inferior to MJ

LeBron was already the GOAT before this season, but leading another title team at age 38 just adds an even bigger gap between him and everybody else.

Guy had about 5 titles stolen from him due to shit teammates, injuries, and Durant creating an unstoppable super team.

His ring value is about 10. Imagine taking all rings at face value and thinking you know the game lmao

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:14 AM
LeBron was already the GOAT before this season, but leading another title team at age 38 just adds an even bigger gap between him and everybody else.

Guy had about 5 titles stolen from him due to shit teammates, injuries, and Durant creating an unstoppable super team.

His ring value is about 10. Imagine taking all rings at face value and thinking you know the game lmao

From 2004-2011, Lebron was either lottery, locked up, or upset every year (except 2006 although he only averaged 26 on 45% vs Pistons that year)

So Lebron was a massive loser just like Embiid or Jimmy Butler before the "decision" to stack the deck.

You're saying that Lebron deserves to stack the deck by teaming up with rivals from other teams, but that makes him BAD and INCAPABLE of winning without stacking the deck - and even his stacked teams yielded perennial underdogs, thus confirming that Lebron isn't that good.

And Durant had an unprecedented advantage from 2017 to 2019, but Lebron enjoyed an unprecedented advantage for longer (2011-2016) - Durant ended Lebron's unfair advantage

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:22 AM
From 2004-2011, Lebron was either lottery, locked up, or upset every year (except 2006 although he only averaged 26 on 45% vs Pistons that year)

So Lebron was a massive loser just like Embiid or Jimmy Butler before the "decision" to stack the deck.

You're saying that Lebron deserves to stack the deck by teaming up with rivals from other teams, but that makes him BAD and INCAPABLE of winning without stacking the deck - and even his stacked teams yielded perennial underdogs, thus confirming that Lebron isn't that good.

And Durant had an unprecedented advantage from 2017 to 2019, but Lebron enjoyed an unprecedented advantage for longer (2011-2016) - Durant ended Lebron's unfair advantage

You admitted he was GOAT 10 years ago on a different forum.

He's gotten better since then, peaked in 2016, and is now doing shit at 38 that nobody has ever done.

You lost man. Your hero lost. Lebron won. It hurts I know.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:48 AM
You admitted he was GOAT 10 years ago on a different forum.

Everyone on that forum agrees that I didn't say that and 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level.

Accordingly, by definition, the beginning of any contemplation will show everyone (not just me) considering whether Lebron was on MJ's level, but the difference is that the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:50 AM
Everyone on that forum agrees that I didn't say that and 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level.

Accordingly, by definition, the beginning of any contemplation will show everyone (not just me) considering whether Lebron was on MJ's level, but the difference is that the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Denying you said it is like denying the sky is blue.. makes you look deranged and ruins any possible credibility.

Lebron got objectively better after 2013 and had several dominant runs including the GOAT in 2016.

You've been battered for a decade after you already admitted he was GOAT. I feel bad for you

Indian guy
05-15-2023, 12:00 PM

So it means nothing.

Lakers are posting a -7.45 defense in these playoffs when adjusted for opponents' strength. That's still #1 in the playoffs and by a pretty wide margin too.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:00 PM
Denying you said it is like denying the sky is blue.. makes you look deranged and ruins any possible credibility.

Lebron got objectively better after 2013 and had several dominant runs including the GOAT in 2016.

You've been battered for a decade after you already admitted he was GOAT. I feel bad for you

I never said Lebron was goat and railed against it for a decade after the initial contemplation, while you guys fell for a fraud for the next 10 years - you thought a guy whose skillset yields perennial underdogs with super-teams was GOAT-caliber.. it's hilarious

You guys actually fell for stuff like "he plays all 5 positions" even though he has the worst teammate fits ever due to a 1-dimensuonal point guard skillset (abnormal ball-dominance for his size/position that imposes spot-up roles and underachieving brand of ball)

That's just 1 simple example of how Lebron is a complete fraud with a completely manufactured resume.. He was a massive loser and bed-wetter before the "decision" to manufacture a resume

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:03 PM
I never said Lebron was goat and railed against it for a decade after the initial contemplation, while you guys fell for a fraud for the next 10 years - you thought a guy whose skillset yields perennial underdogs with super-teams was GOAT-caliber.. it's hilarious

You guys actually fell for stuff like "he plays all 5 positions" even though he has the worst teammate fits ever due to a 1-dimensuonal point guard skillset (abnormal ball-dominance for his size/position that imposes spot-up roles and underachieving brand of ball)

That's just 1 simple example of how Lebron is a complete fraud with a completely manufactured resume.. He was a massive loser and bed-wette before the "decision" to manufacture a resume

Interesting, so you admit you contemplated it and that the mods didn't edit your posts like you've claimed. So you lied in bizzare fashion to cover up your "contemplation"

Zero credibility and manhood lost.

Lebron got better after your contemplation and is still competing for titles at age 38... a literal decade later.

You lost in the most blatant way possible. Ouch

SATAN
05-15-2023, 12:04 PM
Lakers are posting a -7.45 defense in these playoffs when adjusted for opponents' strength. That's still #1 in the playoffs and by a pretty wide margin too.

The LeBron effect.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:11 PM
Interesting, so you admit you contemplated it and that the mods didn't edit your posts like you've claimed. So you lied in bizzare fashion to cover up your "contemplation"

Zero credibility and manhood lost.

Lebron got better after your contemplation and is still competing for titles at age 38... a literal decade later.

You lost in the most blatant way possible. Ouch

You lack reading comp - you fell for the fraud for a decade, while I chose the right path by railing against the fraud for a decade

Your argument is essentially "you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

lol

Now you're forced to find absurd narratives to support a fraud that yields perennial underdogs and losers REGARDLESS OF CAST - that's your goat

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:17 PM
You lack reading comp - you fell for the fraud for a decade, while I chose the right path by railing against the fraud for a decade

Now you're forced to scramble around to find absurd narratives to support a fraud that yields perennial underdogs and losers REGARDLESS OF CAST - that's your goat

You said you're ready to admit LeBron is GOAT before he ever even peaked... before he beat a 73 win team while leading in every category... before he won a title with the Lakers after several miserable lottery years before him..... before he broke the scoring record and before he led a title caliber team at age 38.

You were ready to crown him as GOAT BEFORE all of this. You LOST In devastating fashion and you've been in increasing denial about it as the years go by.

Be a normal person and admit the sky is blue and not deranged a lunatic claiming it's not.

You... lose. It's over. It's been over. Be normal.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:24 PM
You said you're ready to admit LeBron is GOAT before he ever even peaked... before he beat a 73 win team while leading in every category... before he won a title with the Lakers after several miserable lottery years before him..... before he broke the scoring record and before he led a title caliber team at age 38.

You were ready to crown him as GOAT BEFORE all of this. You LOST In devastating fashion and you've been in increasing denial about it as the years go by.

Be a normal person and admit the sky is blue and not deranged a lunatic claiming it's not.

You... lose. It's over. It's been over. Be normal.

I never said Lebron was GOAT - I said that's what you guys think after 20 years of Jordan not playing.

So you're just lying 10 years after the fact by misinterpreting an old discussion that you weren't involved in

Your saying "you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

lol

That isn't true obviously because I never fell for the fraud even initially) - but even if it was true, at least I corrected immediately and didn't fall for the fraud for the next decade like you guys..

Lol.. I've been trying to help you guys for a decade but you refused

Now you're forced to find absurd narratives to support a fraud that yields perennial underdogs and losers REGARDLESS OF CAST - that's your goat

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:35 PM
I never said Lebron was GOAT - I said that's what you guys think after 20 years of Jordan not playing.

So you're just lying 10 years after the fact by misinterpreting an old discussion that you weren't involved in

Your saying "you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

lol

That isn't true obviously because I never fell for the fraud even initially) - but even if it was true, at least I corrected immediately and didn't fall for the fraud for the next decade like you guys..

Lol.. I've been trying to help you guys for a decade but you refused

What the **** are you talking about? :lol

https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

^^^^

You literally said you were close to conceding that lebrons peak = mjs peak.. and the deciding factor would be length of peak

Well... that wasn't even LeBrons peak... he got better and had even better accomplishments after dominating the Spurs in games 6/7, while layering on ridiculous longevity achievements and continuing to dominate well into his upper 30s. You blatantly admitted that lebron PRE peak was just as good as MJs peak.

You self ethered yourself in embarrassing fashion by not only saying that shit, but then lying about it and now backtracking on that lie. :oldlol:

Devastating loss. Be normal and concede.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:44 PM

^^^^

You literally said you were close to conceding that lebrons peak = mjs peak.. and the deciding factor would be length of peak

Well... that wasn't even LeBrons peak... he got better and had even better accomplishments after dominating the Spurs in games 6/7, while layering on ridiculous longevity achievements and continuing to dominate well into his upper 30s. You blatantly admitted that lebron PRE peak was just as good as MJs peak.

You self ethered yourself in embarrassing fashion by not only saying that shit, but then lying about it and now backtracking on that lie. :oldlol:

Devastating loss. Be normal and concede.

Investigation by an external party concluded that moderators deleted the words "you guys think" before the words "bron's better" in the above post, and/or purposefully misconstrued the imperative implied (you guys think), thus removing the obvious meaning ("recency bias made you guys think Lebron is better") - this meaning was obvious to Seadood at the time but misunderstood and misstated a decade later on various sites to support a fake debate..

However, it should be noted that 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level - the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Your argument is essentially that "you fell for the fraud at first TOO". lol.. that isn't true, but even if it was, at least I didn't fall for it for a decade like you guys.. I actually tried to help you guys see the light for a decade, but you refused.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:51 PM

Lebron's defense is bad because the 2019 Lakers had a bad defense until AD made them 1st in 2020.

Ultimately, Lebron wasn't required to be a good defender for half his chips (no all-defense in his 30's) and passed less than MJ for the other half of his chips (less APG than Jordan for the first 9 years of their playoff careers... 06-14' vs 85-93').

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:51 PM
Investigation by an external party concluded that moderators deleted the words "you guys think" before the words "bron's better" in the above post, and/or purposefully misconstrued the imperative implied (you guys think), thus removing the obvious meaning ("recency bias made you guys think Lebron is better") - this meaning was obvious to Seadood at the time but misunderstood and misstated a decade later on various sites to support a fake debate..

However, it should be noted that 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level - the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Your argument is essentially that "you fell for the fraud at first TOO". lol.. that isn't true, but even if it was, at least I didn't fall for it for a decade like you guys.. I actually tried to help you guys see the light for a decade, but you refused.

^^^^

So you lying about a mod editing one of the above posts doesn't change anything about the implications of your other posts and how they aged with time.

You lost.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 01:09 PM

^^^^

So you lying about a mod editing one of the above posts doesn't change anything about the implications of your other posts and how they aged with time.

You lost.

I would never say that Lebron's peak = MJ's

It's absurd.. They made sure to include everything in that post - aka Lebron played better comp, better peak, and simply "bron's better"... lol.. it's an edited post by the mods and this forgery BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the forgery-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they hated the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world for anyone that has a voice and is willing to seek truth beyond the status quo knowledge (and that thread has a lot of viewers).

But none of this changes the fact that when everyone was initially presented with the contemplation of MJ vs Lebron in 2013, I railed against the fraud for the next 10 years while you guys fell for it - getting defrauded means that you can't make viable arguments to support your case and instead must cry "b-b-but you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

it's pathetic and a sign of complete and utter loss in the debate.. it's over, so all you can say is that "b-b-but you fell for it at first TOO" (thereby falling for another fraud in the process)

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 01:25 PM
I would never say that Lebron's peak = MJ's

It's absurd.. They made sure to include everything in that post - aka Lebron played better comp, better peak, and simply "bron's better"... lol.. it's an edited post by the mods and this forgery BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the forgery-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they hated the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world for anyone that has a voice and is willing to seek truth beyond the status quo knowledge (and that thread has a lot of viewers).

But none of this changes the fact that when everyone was initially presented with the contemplation of MJ vs Lebron in 2013, I railed against the fraud for the next 10 years while you guys fell for it - getting defrauded means that you can't make viable arguments to support your case and instead must cry "b-b-but you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

it's pathetic and a sign of complete and utter loss in the debate.. it's over, so all you can say is that "b-b-but you fell for it at first TOO" (thereby falling for another fraud in the process)

You did say it... the proof is there

You're saying the world is flat and the sky isn't blue. Seek help.

tpols
05-15-2023, 01:34 PM
AD is like a fusion of Duncan and Garnett defensively. He has Garnetts mobility and athleticism with Duncan's rim protection. All time great playoff run defensively right now.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 01:39 PM
You did say it... the proof is there

You're saying the world is flat and the sky isn't blue. Seek help.

it's an edited post by the mods and this fake post BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the fake-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they couldn't handle the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world.

bdonovan
05-15-2023, 01:48 PM
The Suns had no hope on defense. Much of that was Durant as I carefully documented using video examples; especially in breaking the defense which Jokic is already succeeding on doing in many cases without help.

Watch Jokic highlights, he is usually mismatched meaning the Nuggets were able to switch him onto a smaller man, often with pick and roll. The Suns let this happen and then didn't help when Jokic had the mismatch- allowing him to score with ease, or pass with ease to a cutting teammate.

The Lakers are not so dense. Particularly, I like the communication between LeBron and Davis. They are formidable together. Jokic will get the benefit of the doubt from refs, the tap fouls and all the rest- but the Lakers have the experience, the length, the heft, and as importantly the veteran experience and communication to limit Jokic's ability to exploit the defense.

Suns' defense was porous. It's embarrassing to watch the highlights. It's not about individual defense or Ayton or whatever. It's having IQ across the team on the defensive end, not falling for Jokic's fake hand-offs, or letting him pass with ease. It's about managing the switching and if Jokic gets on a smaller guy, to provide help as a team, so that you contain him without letting him simply pass to an open shooter.

More easily said than done, but the Laker's defensive credentials are going to be put to the test.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 02:32 PM
The Suns had no hope on defense. Much of that was Durant as I carefully documented using video examples; especially in breaking the defense which Jokic is already succeeding on doing in many cases without help.

Watch Jokic highlights, he is usually mismatched meaning the Nuggets were able to switch him onto a smaller man, often with pick and roll. The Suns let this happen and then didn't help when Jokic had the mismatch- allowing him to score with ease, or pass with ease to a cutting teammate.

The Lakers are not so dense. Particularly, I like the communication between LeBron and Davis. They are formidable together. Jokic will get the benefit of the doubt from refs, the tap fouls and all the rest- but the Lakers have the experience, the length, the heft, and as importantly the veteran experience and communication to limit Jokic's ability to exploit the defense.

Suns' defense was porous. It's embarrassing to watch the highlights. It's not about individual defense or Ayton or whatever. It's having IQ across the team on the defensive end, not falling for Jokic's fake hand-offs, or letting him pass with ease. It's about managing the switching and if Jokic gets on a smaller guy, to provide help as a team, so that you contain him without letting him simply pass to an open shooter.

More easily said than done, but the Laker's defensive credentials are going to be put to the test.

Why does Lebron's skillset yield perennial underdogs like the Heat against baby Westbrick in 2012?

Or Lebron was the underdog in the 2014 Finals - Lebron's teams fell from preseason favorite to underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16'), except the Allen miracle in 13'.

Could it be that Lebron's abnormal ball-dominance for his size/position (a point guard hold-time and assisted rate) imposea spot-up roles (lowers teammate assists and increases their assisted rate).. It seems like imposing spot-up roles limits teammate development, chemistry, strategy/coaching and team ceiling/Finals record.

The story of Lebron's career is needing more help all the time - his abnormal ball-dominance is the neediest skillset of all-time..

Ultimately, ball-dominators like Magic/Lebron/Luka need all-time scorers to pass to like Kareem, AD or Wade, so they can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins, Pippen or Pau.. They're actually too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams, so they struggle to win while carrying the scoring load.. Otoh, expert jumpshooters like Curry or MJ can score 40 while the ball moves and teammates assist them, so they have sufficient brand to carry the scoring load and win with secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen...

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 02:35 PM
Ultimately, ball-dominators like Magic/Lebron/Luka need all-time scorers to pass to like Kareem, AD or Wade, so they can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins, Pippen or Pau.

You said Jokic/Murray > LeBron/Davis

Murray scores more than Davis so Jokic has more help, and Davis only averages 20ppg

8Ball
05-15-2023, 03:00 PM

https://media.tenor.com/TXAT14028OwAAAAC/lie-detector-maury.gif

dreamshake
05-15-2023, 03:14 PM

Lakers rank on defense:

Wow statistically Lakers are the favorites to win the championship

Ainosterhaspie
05-15-2023, 03:27 PM
Thread is a good example of why 3ball should be banned honestly. Just completely derails things constantly. OP talks about Lakers defense and doesn't even mention LeBron and 3ball compulsively has to retread the same MJ v. LeBron talking points he's repeated ad nauseum.

Posters mention Ad and Dwight comps and somehow that has to be redirected to MJ v. LeBron tired talking points.

How about just letting the thread be what it's meant to be, a discussion about the Lakers team defense and explore topics that aren't endlessly rehashed like how AD compares to Howard.

Could you do everyone a favor and keep the LeBron v. MJ stuff in the LeBron v MJ threads? It's not like there's a shortage of those.

ImKobe
05-16-2023, 07:13 AM
Wish they gave out a Playoffs DPOY award because AD absolutely deserves it.

NBAGOAT
05-16-2023, 08:31 AM
Dwight was only a rim protector. AD being able to block and alter shots at the rim while simultaneously having the ability to guard the perimeter in the hyper centric 3 point shooting era is something this league has never seen.

Ad is really good at both aspects of defense but I wouldn’t say he’s the best at either in his own era. Defensive rebounding is a smaller aspect of defense but don’t forget that, prime Dwight single handedly makes you a great defensive rebounding team with subpar rebounding help around him.

On other side prime dray is not the rim protector Ad but there’s no better big man at guarding the perimeter. Idk if Ad is better than dray from like 15-17