PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys understand that the NBA stacked Lebron's team so he can't lose?

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Lebron is playing at the same garbage level that he played in 2021 Playoffs, but the difference is that the league stacked his team this year so he can't lose.

Imagine if the NBA stacked Jokic's team at the trade deadline like they did the Lakers and gave Jokic the most scoring help in the league, or someone like Schroeder to be the team's 4th ball-handler (the most playmaking help in the league).

No other player gets this treatment from the NBA and media - if Jokic can't win with Murray, everyone will say that he isn't good enough, while Lebron's losses are blamed on lack of help - no one considers whether his many series getting locked up, upset, or lottery is a function of him not being good enough (like Jokic), as opposed to his super-teams not having enough help..

If he wins this year, it's CLEAR PROOF that his title runs lacked the dominance of Jordan's while also having far more help.

Wally450
05-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Meltdown

3ba11
05-15-2023, 10:56 AM
Meltdown

Perhaps, but understand that if Jordan won a title while averaging 23 ppg and playing zero defense, I wouldn't consider him GOAT

Jordan is goat because he won 6 chips in DOMINANT fashion like 2006 Wade or 2021 Giannis - 6 chips like that, which is GOAT - no one is close to 6 dominant chips

History shows that Lebron wasn't required to be a good defender for half his chips (no all-defense in his 30's), while passing less than MJ for the other half of his chips (less APG than Jordan for the first 9 years of their playoff careers, aka 06-14' vs 85-93') and obviously never carrying the scoring load like MJ or in any Finals victory.

SouBeachTalents
05-15-2023, 10:56 AM
Man, you are REALLY not taking this well :lol

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:00 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=suicidde+hotline+number&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&ei=yUhiZKjXFO2uqtsPvrGrmAE&oq=suicidde+hotline+number&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6CAgAEIAEELE DOgUIABCABEoECEEYAEoFCEASATFKBQhAEgExULQIWJQRYOUVa ABwAHgAgAFciAG6ApIBATSYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:00 AM

I'm retired and want to watch basketball

Unfortunately, the hoops on TV is a fraud and manufactured like fake wrestling

So Lebron's fraud has taken away my retirement - it's pretty serious

if Jokic can't win with Murray, everyone will say that he isn't good enough, while Lebron's losses are blamed on lack of help - no one considers whether his many series getting locked up, upset, or lottery is a function of him not being good enough (like Jokic), as opposed to his super-teams not having enough help..

Nb1
05-15-2023, 11:03 AM
Stacked Lebron's team?? They don't even have 1 player with a positive playoff record, most never even saw the postseason lol. Austin Reeves was undrafted. D'Lo was Minnesotas 4th option and the rest weren't ever even mentioned anywhere. Schroder played 15 games last season for the worst team in the league, i mean wtf are you even talking about :roll:

Playoff record:
Troy Brown Jr.: 0-3
Wenyen Gabriel: 1-3
Lonnie Walker: 3-3
Austin Reaves: 0
Anthony Davis without Bron: 5-9
Max Christie: 0
Rui Hachimura: 1-4
Malik Beasley: 9-11
Dennis Schröder: 21-31
Jarred Vanderbilt: 3-6
Mo Bamba: 0
Scotty Pippen Jr.: 0
Cole Swider: 0
D'Angelo Russell: 3-8
Davon Reed: 0

This is the most inexperienced team in the postseason. The Warriors 10th option has more playoff wins than the whole Lakers team (without Bron) have playoff games lol.

Indian guy
05-15-2023, 11:04 AM
Who knew DLo/Vanderbilt/Beasley = STACKED

Beasley isn't even in the rotation, Vanderbilt is unplayable on most nights and DLo is the embodiment of inconsistency. This isn't to say LA isn't a deep, talented team, but the key to their season's turnaround was always getting rid of Westbrook.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:05 AM
Stacked Lebron's team?? They don't even have 1 player with a positive playoff record, most never even saw the postseason lol. Austin Reeves was undrafted. D'Lo was Minnesotas 4th option and the rest weren't ever even mentioned anywhere. Schroder played 15 games last season for the worst team in the league, i mean wtf are you even talking about :roll:

Playoff record:
Troy Brown Jr.: 0-3
Wenyen Gabriel: 1-3
Lonnie Walker: 3-3
Austin Reaves: 0
Anthony Davis without Bron: 5-9
Max Christie: 0
Rui Hachimura: 1-4
Malik Beasley: 9-11
Dennis Schröder: 21-31
Jarred Vanderbilt: 3-6
Mo Bamba: 0
Scotty Pippen Jr.: 0
Cole Swider: 0
D'Angelo Russell: 3-8
Davon Reed: 0

This is the most inexperienced team in the postseason. The Warriors 10th option has more playoff wins than the whole Lakers team (without Bron) have playoff games lol.

1) Denver demolished Booker/KD (122 to 112 team ortg), while the Lakers had trouble with Curry (113 to 110)

* notice how Denver held the Suns to 112 ortg but that wasn't due to great individual defenders - the long-standing, organic Nuggets simply wear out opponents with superior brand of ball, thus yielding lower defensive requirements.

2) Warriors had some success when they brought AD away from the rim and Denver has far greater capacity to do that - that's their whole game - they don't have non-scorers like Draymond or Looney and have perfected a new brand of ball that wears teams out

3) Jokic & Murray are 25-30 ppg guys, while Lebron and AD only averaged 20-25 ppg against a 1-man team (Warriors), so they will perform worse and be more worn down against the Nuggets' superior onslaught

4) Jokic is best player in series and will dictate brand of ball

5) Reaves and D-Lo will be easy work for Murray compared to Booker and Anthony Edwards (who Murray played great against)

^^^^ he clearly thinks Nuggets are a more stacked team and better

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 11:06 AM

You can directly tell He’s inching closer to a ring with how many threads 3ball makes :lol

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:09 AM
You can directly tell He’s inching closer to a ring with how many threads 3ball makes :lol

I was going to make the following thread but I'm holding off to avoid banning:

imagine nearly losing 3 times with Kobe as your teammate (Wade) - how is that GOAT-caliber?

It isn't' even top 10 caliber, which is why I don't have Lebron in my top 10 - his ring frequency is low for a top 10 player and his frequency of winning with great casts is bad, aka he was 1/4 with Love, or 1/4 with AD, or 1/4 with Wade except the Allen miracle - that's BAD and nowhere near GOAT caliber.

jlip
05-15-2023, 11:14 AM
But I thought that Westbrook being a Hall of famer made the team stacked. So they get rid of a Hall of famer and replace him with role players, and now they are officially stacked? I'm confused.

SouBeachTalents
05-15-2023, 11:16 AM

imagine nearly losing 3 times with Kobe as your teammate (Wade) - how is that GOAT-caliber?

It isn't' even top 10 caliber, which is why I don't have Lebron in my top 10 - his ring frequency is low for a top 10 player and his frequency of winning with great casts is bad, aka he was 1/4 with Love, or 1/4 with AD, or 1/4 with Wade except the Allen miracle - that's BAD and nowhere near GOAT caliber.
Kobe lost 5 times with prime Shaq.

And since 2013 doesn't count due to Allen, 2002 doesn't count due to Horry/Game 6 officiating. So Kobe lost 6 times with prime Shaq.

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 11:16 AM

The dishonest/trolling of that thread on top of it being repetitive agenda-driven shit that has nothing to with what is actually going on would have probably gotten you banned, yea.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:19 AM
But I thought that Westbrook being a Hall of famer made the team stacked. So they get rid of a Hall of famer and replace him with role players, and now they are officially stacked? I'm confused.

Lebron has always fielded underdogs with stacked casts, so the Westbrook debacle was standard

the Lakers were obviously stacked with Westbrook and AD but Lebron's bad basketball made them an underdog just like many other years - see the 2012 Heat (underdogs to Westbrick in the Finals) and many other stacked super-teams that Lebron turned into underdogs

Bad fits = skill deficit, so they aren't an excuse for losing... Karl Malone fit great with ball-dominators like Stockton or Westbrook, so Lebron should morph into his power forward mode and fit with Westbrook - but he couldn't because he doesn't really play 5 positions and just has a point guard skillset (aka the media lies about him and he's a fraud)

Hey Yo
05-15-2023, 11:21 AM
Lebron is playing at the same garbage level that he played in 2021 Playoffs, but the difference is that the league stacked his team this year so he can't lose.

Imagine if the NBA stacked Jokic's team at the trade deadline like they did the Lakers and gave Jokic the most scoring help in the league, or someone like Schroeder to be the team's 4th ball-handler (the most playmaking help in the league).

No other player gets this treatment from the NBA and media - if Jokic can't win with Murray, everyone will say that he isn't good enough, while Lebron's losses are blamed on lack of help - no one considers whether his many series getting locked up, upset, or lottery is a function of him not being good enough (like Jokic), as opposed to his super-teams not having enough help..

If he wins this year, it's CLEAR PROOF that his title runs lacked the dominance of Jordan's while also having far more help.

https://media.tenor.com/ijQ4KL6S7J8AAAAC/wwe-triple-h.gif

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Kobe lost 5 times with prime Shaq.

And since 2013 doesn't count due to Allen, 2002 doesn't count due to Horry/Game 6 officiating. So Kobe lost 6 times with prime Shaq.

yes, everyone except the GOAT lost a bunch with all-star teammates and good casts, but at least Kobe proved that he could win with a normal cast and less help than Lebron - Kobe won with secondary producer at sidekick (pau), while Lebron always needed all-time dominant producers like Wade, AD or Kyrie and all-star scorers at 3rd option like Bosh, Love and D-Lo.. Kobe proved that he could win with a lot less than Lebron.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:26 AM
yes, everyone except the GOAT lost a bunch with all-star teammates and good casts, but at least Kobe proved that he could win with a normal cast and less help than Lebron - Kobe won with secondary producer at sidekick (pau), while Lebron always needed all-time dominant producers like Wade, AD or Kyrie and all-star scorers at 3rd option like Bosh, Love and D-Lo.. Kobe proved that he could win with a lot less than Lebron.

Lebron won a title with Wade scoring 14ppg for an entire run and a mix of chalmers/bosh/Allen as third option (10 ppg)

SouBeachTalents
05-15-2023, 11:30 AM
Lebron won a title with Wade scoring 14ppg for an entire run and a mix of chalmers/bosh/Allen as third option (10 ppg)
Hey, it was 16 ppg! Less than Pau and what Kobe averaged in the Finals for one of his rings.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:32 AM

Beasley isn't even in the rotation, Vanderbilt is unplayable on most nights and DLo is the embodiment of inconsistency. This isn't to say LA isn't a deep, talented team, but the key to their season's turnaround was always getting rid of Westbrook.

Bad fits = skill deficit, so they aren't an excuse for losing... Karl Malone fit great with ball-dominators like Stockton or Westbrook, so Lebron should morph into his power forward mode and fit with Westbrook - but he couldn't because he doesn't really play 5 positions and just has a point guard skillset (aka the media lies about him and he's a fraud)

Notice how Lebron was lottery with Westbrick, while a poor man's Jordan made the playoffs with him (Kawhi).. And the Clippers were injured but still made playoffs with Westbrick.. Westbrick made the playoffs everywhere EXCEPT the lakers, so Lebron was the problem, not Westbrick.

And your post mentions Beasley - the Lakers are so stacked that Beasley can't get minutes - so you made my point.... You omitted half the players and all the guys that get minutes - the Lakers have 6 guys that can routinely get 20 points and 4 of them averaged 19+ in recent seasons - no team in the league has that much scoring help, while Schroeder being the 4th ball-handler is the most playmaking help in the league.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 11:32 AM
Hey, it was 16 ppg! Less than Pau and what Kobe averaged in the Finals for one of his rings.

True

Pau only averaged 19ppg on 58% in 09 and 20/11/4 on 54% in 2010. Horrible.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:35 AM

Lebron only averaged 25 because no one was required to do much on the stacked Heat, especially in the diluted East..

But against the West, Lebron and Wade averaged 25 and 20 ppg, so that's more help than Kobe had with Pau because Kobe was always required to carry the scoring load with Pau - Kobe was required to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry the scoring load on the championship level), which Lebron never did.

Lebron can't carry the scoring load against top teams because he's too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams, so he needs more scoring help and all-time producers like Wade, AD or Kyrie.. He could never win with secondary producers like Pau and never beat a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring & efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs vs top teams in 2 decades)

1987_Lakers
05-15-2023, 11:46 AM
Lebron only averaged 25 because no one was required to do much on the stacked Heat, especially in the diluted East..

Stop the lies. LeBron carried Miami to the Finals in '13. I vividly remember how bad Bron's teammates were for most of that postseason run, it was well discussed among fans and media. You yourself said he was GOAT during that exact time.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 11:53 AM
Stop the lies. LeBron carried Miami to the Finals in '13. I vividly remember how bad Bron's teammates were for most of that postseason run, it was well discussed among fans and media. You yourself said he was GOAT during that exact time.

The Celtics were already fossils and underdogs in 2010, so guys like Boah, DeRozan, Wade, Paul George, and Lebron were supposed to battle for Eastern supremacy for the next decade.

but Lebron teamed up with everyone instead.

He took the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team.

This conference dilution and consolidation of power on 1 team represents the weakest conference and biggest stacked deck in history.

Accordingly, no one was required to do much on the stacked Heat against a diluted conference... But against the West, Lebron and Wade averaged 25 and 20 ppg, so that's more help than Kobe had with Pau because Kobe was always required to carry the scoring load with Pau - Kobe was required to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry the scoring load on the championship level), which Lebron never did.

Lebron can't carry the scoring load because he's too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams, so he needs more scoring help and all-time producers like Wade, AD or Kyrie.. He could never win with secondary producers like Pau and never beat a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring & efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs vs top teams in 2 decades)

SATAN
05-15-2023, 11:55 AM
OP losing countless hours out of his life over someone he doesn't like. Pathetic. :kobe:

1987_Lakers
05-15-2023, 11:57 AM
https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 12:00 PM

Damn, he Said length of peak matters assuming Bron had already peaked... he admitted he was GOAT in 2013 before he even saw the best version of Bron which was 2015-18

Crazy self ether.

Phoenix
05-15-2023, 12:04 PM
OP losing countless hours out of his life over someone he doesn't like. Pathetic. :kobe:

In fairness, one new thread and the entire board gets drawn to it, arguing the same redundant shit as the last 1,000 threads saying some form of the same thing centered around one person. 3ba.ill isn't to blame...

3ba11
05-15-2023, 12:05 PM

Investigation by an external party concluded that moderators deleted the words "you guys think" before the words "bron's better" in the above post, and/or purposefully misconstrued the imperative implied (you guys think), thus removing the obvious meaning ("recency bias made you guys think Lebron is better") - this meaning was obvious to Seadood at the time but misunderstood and misstated a decade later on various sites to support a fake debate..

However, it should be noted that 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level.. The beginning of any contemplation will show everyone (not just me) considering whether Lebron was on MJ's level, but the difference is that the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Your argument is essentially that "you fell for the fraud at first TOO". lol.. that isn't true, but even if it was, at least I didn't fall for it for a decade like you guys

StrongLurk
05-15-2023, 01:08 PM
Mods?

You need to put OP out of his misery and permanently ban him. Letting him post here is like giving drugs to an addict. It's messed up honestly.

8Ball
05-15-2023, 02:50 PM
Mods?

You need to put OP out of his misery and permanently ban him. Letting him post here is like giving drugs to an addict. It's messed up honestly.

The mods are Jordan stans. Its by design.

8Ball
05-15-2023, 02:51 PM

We got 3ball's entire post history wiped on that forum. He made like 20 alts and every single one of them kept getting nuked.

There is no where left to go but here :lol

8Ball
05-15-2023, 02:52 PM
Investigation by an external party concluded that moderators deleted the words "you guys think" before the words "bron's better" in the above post, and/or purposefully misconstrued the imperative implied (you guys think), thus removing the obvious meaning ("recency bias made you guys think Lebron is better") - this meaning was obvious to Seadood at the time but misunderstood and misstated a decade later on various sites to support a fake debate..

However, it should be noted that 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level.. The beginning of any contemplation will show everyone (not just me) considering whether Lebron was on MJ's level, but the difference is that the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Your argument is essentially that "you fell for the fraud at first TOO". lol.. that isn't true, but even if it was, at least I didn't fall for it for a decade like you guys

https://media.tenor.com/_DGu4VkzdfoAAAAC/maury-lie.gif

tpols
05-15-2023, 02:59 PM

You literally just mentioned LAs role players to say they arent stacked. With the irony being DLo is an All Star talent in his prime whose like the 4th or 5th option on the team.

AD
Lebron
Reaves
Shroeder
Rui
Dlo
Vanderbilt

Is a stupidly stacked team. Vanderbilt is a big man that has been tasked with guarding MVP guard talent. We haven't seen that since Detroit Dennis Rodman.

The only way the Nuggets or Celtics will beat them is because they have superior long standing chemistry.

Or AD gets hurt. When that happens it's all over.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 03:02 PM
https://media.tenor.com/_DGu4VkzdfoAAAAC/maury-lie.gif

The historical record shows that ou fell for the fraud for the last decade and I didn't

So your gif applies to you - you think a fraud is the goat while I can prove in 100 ways that he's possibly the biggest fraud in sports history - a fraud that never learned how to win (chemistry, strategy) and only learned how to team-hop..

When did Lebron have a team that mostly won? He isn't capable regardless of lineup, aka nowhere near MJ (who couldn't stop winning the instant he got 1 all-star)

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 03:05 PM
You literally just mentioned LAs role players to say they arent stacked. With the irony being DLo is an All Star talent in his prime whose like the 4th or 5th option on the team.

AD
Lebron
Reaves
Shroeder
Rui
Dlo
Vanderbilt

Is a stupidly stacked team. Vanderbilt is a big man that has been tasked with guarding MVP guard talent. We haven't seen that since Detroit Dennis Rodman.

The only way the Nuggets or Celtics will beat them is because they have superior long standing chemistry.

They’re definitely a talented team no doubt. Outside of perhaps the Celtics they have the most depth of talent.

But I’m not sure Dlo is a winning player. He’s certainly talented but there’s a reason multiple teams now have gotten rid of him for...not much. Guys like Vanderbilt and Rui are bench players on most teams. They’ve been contributing nicely here because the team is gelling very well at the moment but they aren’t guys any team doesn’t have playing 24 minutes a game.

Reaves has been a revelation and if he continues this then that’s wild.

But if you remove Lebron from the team they’re good but not like...winning a championship or anything.

Conversely, if you remove AD? Nothing super special.

tpols
05-15-2023, 03:07 PM
They’re definitely a talented team no doubt. Outside of perhaps the Celtics they have the most depth of talent.

But I’m not sure Dlo is a winning player. He’s certainly talented but there’s a reason multiple teams now have gotten rid of him for...not much. Guys like Vanderbilt and Rui are bench players on most teams. They’ve been contributing nicely here because the team is gelling very well at the moment but they aren’t guys any team doesn’t have playing 24 minutes a game.

Reaves has been a revelation and if he continues this then that’s wild.

But if you remove Lebron from the team they’re good but not like...winning a championship or anything.

If you take the 2nd best player off any remaining team they aren't winning the championship so I'm not sure that means much.

Goldrush25
05-15-2023, 03:11 PM

MJ's Bulls were far more stacked than any other team in the league. What other team had two top 5 players?

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 03:12 PM
If you take the 2nd best player off any remaining team they aren't winning the championship so I'm not sure that means much.

Well you said they were ridiculously stacked. Not really.

They’re ARE very talented and are playing very well as a team at the moment. This isn’t like a 2017-18 Warriors situation. Or even that eras Rockets or 16-17 Cavs.

tpols
05-15-2023, 03:14 PM
MJ's Bulls were far more stacked than any other team in the league. What other team had two top 5 players?

Pippen definately didn't play like a top 5 player in the 1996 -1998 playoffs.

You guys are trolling hard with this stuff.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 03:16 PM
When did Lebron have a team that mostly won or was consistent playoff favorite?

If he isn't capable of having a consistent winner or favorite with any lineup, then he's nowhere near MJ (who couldn't stop winning the instant he got 1 all-star)

tpols
05-15-2023, 03:18 PM

They’re ARE very talented and are playing very well as a team at the moment. This isn’t like a 2017-18 Warriors situation. Or even that eras Rockets or 16-17 Cavs.

Yes it is.

AD and Lebron are similar to Kd and Curry as the top two guys. And then Reaves, shroeder, rui, dlo and Vanderbilt are all incredible 3rd 4th 5th 6th option types.

Rui and Reaves are playing out of their minds, and then you have guys like shroeder and dlo as role players?

This team is super stacked talent wise. They don't have the warriors insane chemistry though because the warriors took many years to build that while this Laker team is a team hop situation. Which is why I said only chemistry or injury can take them down.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 03:20 PM

Lebron's Heat and Cavs should be on your "dominant teams" list but they underachieved the super-team talent and preseason favorite expectations.

When did Lebron have a team that mostly won or was consistent playoff favorite?

If he isn't capable of having a consistent winner or favorite with any lineup, then he's nowhere near MJ (who couldn't stop winning the instant he got 1 all-sta

Hey Yo
05-15-2023, 03:23 PM
Yes it is.

AD and Lebron are similar to Kd and Curry as the top two guys. And then Reaves, shroeder, rui, dlo and Vanderbilt are all incredible 3rd 4th 5th 6th option types.

Rui and Reaves are playing out of their minds, and then you have guys like shroeder and dlo as role players?

This team is super stacked talent wise. They don't have the warriors insane chemistry though because the warriors took many years to build that while this Laker team is a team hop situation. Which is why I said only chemistry or injury can take them down.

How can they be stacked and LeBron makes his teammates worse at the same time??

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 03:27 PM
Yes it is.

:lol

Jesus Christ.

tpols
05-15-2023, 03:30 PM
How can they be stacked and LeBron makes his teammates worse at the same time??

Lebron and AD do fit well. Who argued against that?

I can't even imagine a player AD wouldn't fit with since he has a such elite impact even without the ball in his hands.

8Ball
05-15-2023, 03:43 PM
43 win team = stacked team??? - Only LeBron can be on a 43 win team and its considered STACKED. LMFAO

Rui Hachimura = cast off
D Lo = Nobody wanted him - 5 different teams by 27 years old.
Reaves = undrafted (lol)
Vanderbilt = unplayable vs Warriors
Schroder = Nobody wanted him and he's on minimum

The only great is Anthony Davis and Lakers traded 3-4 players + their entire future for him.

Hey Yo
05-15-2023, 04:07 PM
Lebron and AD do fit well. Who argued against that?

I can't even imagine a player AD wouldn't fit with since he has a such elite impact even without the ball in his hands.
You listed role players and said team is super stacked. How that be true if LeBron supposedly makes them worse at the same time?

SouBeachTalents
05-15-2023, 04:07 PM

Jesus Christ.
He legitimately lives in another dimension :lol Calling this team equivalent to the KD Warriors. Jesus Christ indeed.

tpols
05-15-2023, 04:19 PM
You listed role players and said team is super stacked. How that be true if LeBron supposedly makes them worse at the same time?

Dlo has factually made the All Star team. If he was the 2nd or 3rd option I'd agree with you but he's not. Having guys like Dlo or shroeder as 4th-5th options on top of Anthony Davis and Lebron is absurd.

No other team in the league left standing has a combo like AD-Lebron period. And then you stack All Star talent on top of that?

The Lakers have blew up my fanduel bank account on the backs of people like you, shawk, southbeach etc. that just dont realize how talented this team is.

You guys don't put your money where your mouth is though.

Foster5k
05-15-2023, 04:27 PM
When one thinks 3ball can't sink any lower, he exceeds expectations. The Ja Morant of ISH. :oldlol::roll:

Indian guy
05-15-2023, 04:38 PM
Dlo has factually made the All Star team.

That was 5 season ago and he only made it as a replacement for injured Oladipo. In reality he was neither voted by fans nor coaches. He also isn't anywhere close to being an All Star level player today.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2023, 04:40 PM
Yes it is.

tpols living in his own world again, crafting his own narratives.

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2023, 04:41 PM

that also kinda reads like tpols lol

crazy find

paksat
05-15-2023, 04:49 PM
I've come to dislike both mj and lebron for different reasons nowadays

both of them, you can't touch or it's a foul. It's worse for lebron because the stiff arming is laughable, if he tried that crap on a public court he'd be getting in constant fights. But it's not much worse because you can barely put a finger on jordan towards the middle of his career.

and neither one of them is the best and most unstoppable player the nba has ever seen, that title goes to wilt chamberlin. That guy used to score 50 points on bill mofo'n russell, let's put that in perspective for a second. Imagine scoring 50 points against tony allen or ron artest all the damn time, it's just insanity. He'd grab 30 rebounds too, and probably 10 blocks...

I don't really care for things like rings as much as I used to. Charles barkley is one of the greatest players this game has ever seen, but zero rings so you never hear about his abilities. Watching his highlights on youtube is comical, he's just flat out better than pretty much everyone on the court. He was easily the greatest player on the dream team, but zero rings so apparently he's a nobody.

jordan is a superior player and always will be and I don't see a counter-argument when you break their two games down:

Lebron is a superior passer, one of the best the nba has ever seen and probably only magic I would consider to be better. Court vision plus great passing, he's clearly a better player there. He's a better rebounder, but not by much. He may be better in the open court, but not by much as I've never seen jordan get caught from behind.

Jordan is a far superior jump shooter, even when he's off he's still on. I don't know why no one ever talks about his ball handling either. He's not crossing people up, but he's also never getting ripped either. He's a considerably better defender and when you look at the stats a couple things start to jump out. Lebron has one season where he averaged more than 2 steals a game, jordan has TEN and one over 3. For all the talk about lebron coming from behind and blocking people, I was thinking his blocks would be pretty good. It's not, for over half of his career he's on a shade above .5 blocks per game. For someone at his size, that is laughable. Jordan has 4 full seasons where he averaged more blocks, as a shooting guard. Anyone that says lebron is anything more than an average defender needs to quit listening to the media and watch the games. Jordan is a considerably better free throw shooter and actually wants the ball in crunch time, will in fact demand it to that point. Jordan also turned the ball over less per game by a good marigin.

It's hard for me to respect him to for all his antics, especially pandering to china like who the f respects that kind of garbage? There was a time where "lebroning" was a thing if you guys remember, respect that? Hmm ok i'll respect him for making flopping common place, sure. You all know he stiff arms his way to the basket all the time, and don't make me hunt up garbage loads of youtube videos to prove it.

It's so hard to even rate todays game, ja morant carries the ball every single time he dribbles. SO many of these guys are carrying and it NEVER gets called seemingly. I mean what are these guys going to do in the 80's 90's early 2000's when they're going to get called for like 5 times a quarter?

tpols
05-15-2023, 04:57 PM
That was 5 season ago and he only made it as a replacement for injured Oladipo. In reality he was neither voted by fans nor coaches. He also isn't anywhere close to being an All Star level player today.

It wasn't 5 seasons ago unless you don't do math. Russell made the 2019 All Star game and is only 26 years old right now.

Dlo averaged 18/6/3 on 60+TS this year in over 70 games played.

To have that as 4th or 5th option is crazy. I'm not even a huge fan of the guy but hes a clear tier above normal role player.

Foster5k
05-15-2023, 05:00 PM

both of them, you can't touch or it's a foul. It's worse for lebron because the stiff arming is laughable, if he tried that crap on a public court he'd be getting in constant fights. But it's not much worse because you can barely put a finger on jordan towards the middle of his career.

and neither one of them is the best and most unstoppable player the nba has ever seen, that title goes to wilt chamberlin. That guy used to score 50 points on bill mofo'n russell, let's put that in perspective for a second. Imagine scoring 50 points against tony allen or ron artest all the damn time, it's just insanity. He'd grab 30 rebounds too, and probably 10 blocks...

I don't really care for things like rings as much as I used to. Charles barkley is one of the greatest players this game has ever seen, but zero rings so you never hear about his abilities. Watching his highlights on youtube is comical, he's just flat out better than pretty much everyone on the court. He was easily the greatest player on the dream team, but zero rings so apparently he's a nobody.

jordan is a superior player and always will be and I don't see a counter-argument when you break their two games down:

Lebron is a superior passer, one of the best the nba has ever seen and probably only magic I would consider to be better. Court vision plus great passing, he's clearly a better player there. He's a better rebounder, but not by much. He may be better in the open court, but not by much as I've never seen jordan get caught from behind.

Jordan is a far superior jump shooter, even when he's off he's still on. I don't know why no one ever talks about his ball handling either. He's not crossing people up, but he's also never getting ripped either. He's a considerably better defender and when you look at the stats a couple things start to jump out. Lebron has one season where he averaged more than 2 steals a game, jordan has TEN and one over 3. For all the talk about lebron coming from behind and blocking people, I was thinking his blocks would be pretty good. It's not, for over half of his career he's on a shade above .5 blocks per game. For someone at his size, that is laughable. Jordan has 4 full seasons where he averaged more blocks, as a shooting guard. Anyone that says lebron is anything more than an average defender needs to quit listening to the media and watch the games. Jordan is a considerably better free throw shooter and actually wants the ball in crunch time, will in fact demand it to that point. Jordan also turned the ball over less per game by a good marigin.

It's hard for me to respect him to for all his antics, especially pandering to china like who the f respects that kind of garbage? There was a time where "lebroning" was a thing if you guys remember, respect that? Hmm ok i'll respect him for making flopping common place, sure. You all know he stiff arms his way to the basket all the time, and don't make me hunt up garbage loads of youtube videos to prove it.

It's so hard to even rate todays game, ja morant carries the ball every single time he dribbles. SO many of these guys are carrying and it NEVER gets called seemingly. I mean what are these guys going to do in the 80's 90's early 2000's when they're going to get called for like 5 times a quarter?
You ok bro? :oldlol::roll:

ArbitraryWater
05-15-2023, 05:15 PM
It wasn't 5 seasons ago unless you don't do math. Russell made the 2019 All Star game and is only 26 years old right now.

To have that as 4th or 5th option is crazy. I'm not even a huge fan of the guy but hes a clear tier above normal role player.

hes the third option.

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 05:52 PM
Dlo has factually made the All Star team. If he was the 2nd or 3rd option I'd agree with you but he's not. Having guys like Dlo or shroeder as 4th-5th options on top of Anthony Davis and Lebron is absurd.

No other team in the league left standing has a combo like AD-Lebron period. And then you stack All Star talent on top of that?

The Lakers have blew up my fanduel bank account on the backs of people like you, shawk, southbeach etc. that just dont realize how talented this team is.

Your fanduel account got lucky that the Westbrook trade happened.

I've already stated that they're extremely talented. Maybe the most talented there is other than the Celtics (repeating myself again).

But unless you still think of Lebron that highly (which would be a huge plot twist), why would you think this is like an all time team.

Also don't lie...the actual reason you bet on them is probably because it would actually make you really upset if Lebron got his 5th so might as well make some money off of it.

Indian guy
05-15-2023, 05:55 PM
It wasn't 5 seasons ago unless you don't do math.

5) 18-19
4) 19-20
3) 20-21
2) 21-22
1) 22-23

18-19 was indeed 5 seasons ago. And again, he only made it as a replacement because another reserve (Oladipo) got injured.

I personally cannot stand watching him play. His low IQ drives me insane. I genuinely believe LA would be better off if they replaced him in the starting lineup with Schroder or heck, even Lonnie. And this isn't an uncommon opinion on DLo. He has played on 5 teams in an 8 year career and fans of those other teams don't miss him at all.

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 05:57 PM

I actually don't disagree with most of this. The only exception I have is Lebron's defense. If you're looking at it right now then sure...he's inconsistent on that end and can be had. But prime Lebron was great on that end.

He wasn't GP or Jordan or Kobe in that he'd lock someone down all game on the perimeter. But his athleticism, range, anticipation, and intelligence made him a actual force throughout a game. He could anchor an entire defense.

You're thinking great defense is like Deion Sanders or Revis with the 1-on-1 shutdown ability but Bron was more like Ray Lewis or to a lower scale someone like Luke Kuechly.

Full Court
05-15-2023, 06:01 PM
It is curious why teams like the Jazz did trades with the Lakers that were horrible for their own teams. I doubt it was an NBA-led conspiracy, but there's no question Bronie and Lakers got bailed out.

paksat
05-15-2023, 06:02 PM
You ok bro? :oldlol::roll:

you guys with your

"fuming"

"rent free"

and other crap like that.. do you really think that's going to make someone go cry in their bedroom or something?

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 06:02 PM
It is curious why teams like the Jazz did trades with the Lakers that were horrible for their own teams. I doubt it was an NBA-led conspiracy, but there's no question Bronie and Lakers got bailed out.

Or the guys in question just aren't really as good as you think they are and are now in a situation where their weaknesses aren't on display.

AlternativeAcc.
05-15-2023, 06:05 PM
The mods are Jordan stans. Its by design.

This guy bragging about 500 dollars again?

:roll::roll:

Lebron won him money and he called him the GOAT and said he'd never hate again.

Guess that boost was short lived after realizing it'll only pay his rent once. :roll:

Full Court
05-15-2023, 07:45 PM
Or the guys in question just aren't really as good as you think they are and are now in a situation where their weaknesses aren't on display.

So you're telling me you would trade Hachimura for Nunn and second round picks???

Or are you trying to suggest you would trade Beasley, Russell, Vanderbilt, Bamba, and Reed for Westbrook, Beverly, and Bryant???

Nobody would make those trades. But several teams did. Absolutely mystifying.

NBAGOAT
05-15-2023, 07:45 PM

AD
Lebron
Reaves
Shroeder
Rui
Dlo
Vanderbilt

dlo wasnt an all star talent consistently, definitely not in minnesota at least and he's the 3rd option. Reaves is very good but 3ball's point about lebron being gifted him obviously doesnt apply.

Denver is less deep but having KCP/Bruce as your worst starter and 6th man is really god. Boston has the best depth in the league, lakers have an advantage at the top but not a big one. White, Smart, Brogdon, Horford, Timelord is just ridiculous. Grant williams doesnt play and he's going get like 15mil in free agency to start for a decent team.

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 07:49 PM
So you're telling me you would trade Hachimura for Nunn and second round picks???

Or are you trying to suggest you would trade Beasley, Russell, Vanderbilt, Bamba, and Reed for Westbrook, Beverly, and Bryant???

Of course not for the Lakers are currently constructed. But whether its these guys or those guys you'll still call them stacked. Earlier this season you were praising Beverly and Bryant as the second coming of Jesus. What happened? Was it just that they were role players who didn't fit very well with the Lakers? Potentially..

Every single team has several guys like everyone you mentioned, other than Westbrook. But he's his own issue.

NBAGOAT
05-15-2023, 07:53 PM

the jazz traded conley not dlo. Yes if I was minnesota I wouldve traded dlo for conley and 2nds, he was an expiring contract who was going get a big number for his next contract and was bad in the locker room. I checked realgm's trade board, only suggestion where he would get a first was if wolves swapped dlo for lowry who was washed at the time. if I was utah I dont have a big problem trading conley beasley vanderbilt for that 1st rd pick even though their fans wanted 2. conley was neutral value at trade deadline, beasley and vanderbilt werent going fetch you a 1st individually most likely. Maybe there was a 1st offered for vanderbilt but making 3 individual trades wouldnt have gotten you much more even if that's true just some 2nd rd picks. bamba and bryant had equal value. Westbrook is an expiring too, gives utah a lot of cap space next year room to take on bad contracts for picks etc

paksat
05-15-2023, 07:57 PM
I actually don't disagree with most of this. The only exception I have is Lebron's defense. If you're looking at it right now then sure...he's inconsistent on that end and can be had. But prime Lebron was great on that end.

He wasn't GP or Jordan or Kobe in that he'd lock someone down all game on the perimeter. But his athleticism, range, anticipation, and intelligence made him a actual force throughout a game. He could anchor an entire defense.

You're thinking great defense is like Deion Sanders or Revis with the 1-on-1 shutdown ability but Bron was more like Ray Lewis or to a lower scale someone like Luke Kuechly.

so your comeback is that he basically puts a hand up on everyone? His rebounds should be higher if he's being that active

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 08:04 PM
so your comeback is that he basically puts a hand up on everyone? His rebounds should be higher if he's being that active

No...that was not my "comeback"..

paksat
05-15-2023, 08:05 PM
No...that was not my "comeback"..

I'm going to go back to 2014 and watch his highlights and see this anchor of a defender.

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 08:22 PM
I'm going to go back to 2014 and watch his highlights and see this anchor of a defender.

Go back to to 2008. Or 2012.

You know he’s been playing for 20 years right?

paksat
05-15-2023, 08:25 PM
Go back to to 2008. Or 2012.

You know he’s been playing for 20 years right?

2014 he can actually hit jump shots some what consistently, i'm going to watch game 6 2014 vs the spurs

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 08:32 PM
2014 he can actually hit jump shots some what consistently, i'm going to watch game 6 2014 vs the spurs

So we now have to move the goalposts :lol

Go have another discussion with yourself. It seems to be working for you.

paksat
05-15-2023, 08:39 PM

I didn't ask for your permission

I said i'm going to back and watch his game in 2014, his championship years at the pinnacle of his skill

3ba11
05-15-2023, 08:58 PM

Lebron wasn't all-defense for his entire 30's

So he wasn't required to be a great defender for his last 2 chips, while passing less than MJ for his first 2 chips (Lebron averaged less assists than MJ for the first 9 years of their playoff careers).

Lebron doesn't defend off-guards like Klay or Curry, let alone a cat-like player in MJ and allowed the opposing SF to get FMVP 4 times

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 09:02 PM
Lebron wasn't all-defense for his entire 30's

So he wasn't required to be a great defender for his last 2 chips, while passing less than MJ for his first 2 chips (Lebron averaged less assists than MJ for the first 9 years of their playoff careers).

Lebron doesn't defend off-guards like Klay or Curry, let alone a cat-like player in MJ and allowed the opposing SF to get FMVP 4 times

I may need to look back over the last few posts I made, but did I sat he was?

3ba11
05-15-2023, 09:04 PM
I may need to look back over the last few posts I made, but did I sat he was?

It seemed like you were trying to sing the praises of Lebron's defense

The reality is that Lebron needed a ton or rebounding help, rim protection, playmaking help and obviouysly scoring help compared to MJ or any all-timer -his abnormal ball-dominance needs the most help of all-time.. Maybe Magic needed similar help, but that's about it

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 09:06 PM
It seemed like you were trying to sing the praises of Lebron's defense

The reality is that Lebron needed a ton or rebounding help, rim protection and playmaking help compared to MJ or any all-timer -his abnormal ball-dominance needs the most help of all-time

When he was younger he was a force defensively. And even into his early 30s he could do it in spurts.

Asking him to shut down an off guard as someone who isn’t an off guard is silly standards.

3ba11
05-15-2023, 09:10 PM
Asking him to shut down an off guard as someone who isn’t an off guard is silly standards.

Lebron is supposed to "defend all 5 positions"

so you agree that's just a bs narrative

he can't defend 5 positions and can't play 5 positions on offense either because he has the worst fits of all-time and can't fit with other ball-dominators like a real PF or center does, and he obviously can't play off-guard like Klay or MJ.. He only has a point guard skillset, so he fits with the type of players that point guards fit with

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 09:38 PM
Lebron is supposed to "defend all 5 positions"

so you agree that's just a bs narrative

he can't defend 5 positions and can't play 5 positions on offense either because he has the worst fits of all-time and can't fit with other ball-dominators like a real PF or center does, and he obviously can't play off-guard like Klay or MJ.. He only has a point guard skillset, so he fits with the type of players that point guards fit with

Yea Lebron James is all time at fitting poorly with teammates. That’s for DAMN sure.

Indian guy
05-15-2023, 09:40 PM
LeBron's defensive numbers are spectacular in 2016 and 2020.

2nd in DRPM for SFs
3rd in DBPM
3rd in DWS

1st in DRPM
5th in DBPM
2nd in DWS

He didn't make the All D team these 2 seasons only because of his LeCoast rep post-2013. But anyone who watched him these 2 years knew he busted his ass on both ends. Easily his 2 best defensive seasons after 2013.

kawhileonard2
05-16-2023, 12:15 AM
13th seed with Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-16-2023, 02:29 AM
Stacked? Austin Reeves undrafted white guy playing in his seconds year. Schroeder fumbled 80million extension with LA. Disappeared for one year then asked Lebron to 'Run It Back'. And this guy name Rui, who was he before LA gave up 3 second round picks for? Oh yea, rotting on the bench. Didnt know Beasley is giving LA 19ppg, 3.5-8.5 three points shots. Vanderbilt unplayable on the offensive side. And who can forget, 8 years and 54 teams, Dlo.

Yet, LA is 'stacked' he says.

Full Court
05-16-2023, 11:39 PM
13th seed with Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook.

Only player in history to lead a

SUPERTEAM

to the LOTTERY.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. PiUBEmH37nNThKjy0h8tqwHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=c9362b88e903c15db8ba5a6ea44572f354704f2e98bda5 7ec22ce2aaf3d9a59a&ipo=images
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2Fproxy %2FIHDF_X85bmAa4SPmzClSl5j0fyZ5QTRsp70cgeHItYH2HXD sBig_m79sg1tI49c-_84ZWijvr_oDtmD2d9oqy39qTCYipS7Tv5H5Ui-icgrE9eCW%3Ds0-d&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0121f96bfa61b731ecf68d01c4abcefc527cddb948479f 2b1a6c0245b3dd6021&ipo=images
"I did that."