PDA

View Full Version : Warriors run it back w/ the old dudes?

Dr. Cheesesteak
05-15-2023, 08:34 PM
Well, another year I'm thinking "what do the Warriors do?" Kerr says the Big 3 still have a lot left in the tank and Dray says he wants to retire a Warrior. Bob Myers is loyal to a fault...except to young players Kerr hates. Word is they want to keep Dray, whether or not he comes back cheaper is unknown.

But what do you guys think? Trade Poole for...something? Trade Kuminga for no reason besides Kerr hates young projects. Keep the Big 3? Is there even a point or should they just blow it up and trade Dray, Klay, Wigs, some combo of them, etc?

theman93
05-15-2023, 08:54 PM
I think their fix is simple. Trade Poole and whatever other young asset it takes to retrieve help on the interior. Looney by himself is not enough and even he is not much of a rim protector. He's the tallest player on their roster at only 6'9". Honestly if they didn't get beat up on the interior there's a very good possibility they would have beat the Lakers. Games 1 and 4 could easily have gone their way even without the interior help.

They were a terrible road team all year and had clear chemistry issues with the Poole/Draymond drama and Kerr/Kuminga play time drama. I chalk 2023 up to that and Klay having the worst shooting series of his career. They should be able to clean it up and I think they'll be motivated unlike how teams typically are with the "championship hangover".

90sgoat
05-15-2023, 09:37 PM
Trade Pool, Kuminga, Wiggins + picks for Embiid.

I'm not joking.

Real Men Wear Green
05-15-2023, 09:40 PM
Trade Pool, Kuminga, Wiggins + picks for Embiid.

I'm not joking.

And then you turned off your XBox.

Micku
05-15-2023, 10:13 PM
I honestly felt they should've kept Wiseman. And play more Kuminga and Moody. But legit, Kerr doesn't want to play them, so they can trade them to get someone else that could help them. They could probably use a big and a person who could score a bit more. Some fans want to trade Kuminga and Poole for OG.

PP34Deuce
05-15-2023, 10:23 PM
Dray is focused on his podcasts and prob won't command high money.

Klay can easily get $95M over 2 3 Years with a contender or bubble playoff team. Him in milwaukee would be great

Axe
05-15-2023, 10:56 PM
Unfortunately for them, iggy no more. :cry:

kawhileonard2
05-16-2023, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately for them, iggy no more. :cry:

Hadn't been a factor since 2015

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-16-2023, 02:06 AM
Draymond, Wiggins, Kuminga and picks for Giannis???

Curry, Poole, Klay, Giannis, Looney

j3lademaster
05-16-2023, 02:49 AM
Draymond, Wiggins, Kuminga and picks for Giannis???

Curry, Poole, Klay, Giannis, Looney

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f5e0fb5144e2d07c47cd812e2d9b972d/tumblr_mfrm1oSRg81rjpxgso1_500.gif

If Milwaukee's gm entertained that while drunk one night, 28 other teams are throwing their hats in the ring in an instant bidding war and driving up the price.

ArbitraryWater
05-16-2023, 06:29 AM
Way too early to break it up just one year after a title.

Gotta give it another chance. Same for Poole.

Dray said he and Klay/Steph talked together about running it back the next year and how they 3 need to be in shape and set the tone from the get go.

HoopologyPhD
05-16-2023, 09:05 AM
Curry will look worse than Clay by the end of next year, swap him for Trae Young right now

bdonovan
05-16-2023, 10:00 AM
Andrew Bogut, ZaZa Pachulia, Festus Ezeli, Bjelica all played an important role in the past, and an unsung one. They were the brawn that held opponents big men at bay. They were 6'10 - 7 feet tall, could block shots. 3 out of 4 of them could shoot well, and could be relied on to score as well. Something Looney can't do for the most part.

Bob Myers has lost a step. A major omission not to bring someone like that to complement the existing unit. The team is too guard-heavy.

Klay is often a defensive liability, in the team defense aspect of the game. He makes TONS of mental mistakes, does not switch like he used to, snoozes on some assignments, doesn't guard the perimeter as well as he used to.

I would deal Klay, controversial as it may sound. He harms the team in ways some don't notice so if others think he's still in his prime, get what you can for it.

Klay will always have decent offensive stats because he is WIDE open half the time with the attention Curry draws.

The biggest challenge for the Warriors is playing team defense again. The Warriors when they were a dominant team finished #1 and #2 in team defense (2014-2016 timeframe). This year they were 14th (https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defense?SeasonType=Regular%20Season&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING).

90sgoat
05-16-2023, 11:57 AM
And then you turned off your XBox.

Philly won't do it, but they need to sell high.

Embiid is not going to be as in demand after yet another playoff failure next season.

hold this L
05-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Trade Klay for some actual value, let Poole improve his stock and trade his ass as well. Both were absolute jobbers throughout the playoff run. When Klay is traded, grab a stretch 5. Not replacing Otto or Belly so Lacob can jerk off to his #2 pick was a colossal failure. He needs to spend less time in the white board making plans like he has a clue about roster construction and f*ck off to let the people who know do their job.

Now watch him put one of his sons to replace Bob this summer. :facepalm

Dray is focused on his podcasts and prob won't command high money.

Klay can easily get $95M over 2 3 Years with a contender or bubble playoff team. Him in milwaukee would be great
Great idea, he can **** there this summer in a 3 team deal. Maybe they can convince Lopez to come on a 2 year deal the other way.

1987_Lakers
05-16-2023, 12:26 PM
I don't think you get rid of Klay, he had a rough postseason, but there was a 1-2 month stretch in the season where he was carrying the Warriors offensively. He's not the same player he once was, but still an asset. I think everyone agrees they should get rid of Poole. Besides his play, he also seems like a negative in the locker room, heard some stories how he isn't really liked by some players & coaches.