PDA

View Full Version : Averaging a postseason triple double. Is it going to happen? With 16 wins?

elementally morale
05-17-2023, 06:33 PM
31 / 13.5 / 10.1
56% TS. 51% on 3 point shots. A NetRtg of 10 points.
Last 4 game are: a 53 point game followed by three triple doubles.
And currently averaging a triple double after 12 games played.

What if the Nuggets are winning the championship this year with a triple double postseason? That is some historic stuff if Jokic can pull it off.
Will it happen? If not, why not?

A) Lakers winning it all.
B) Celtics winning it all.
C) Heat winning it all.
D) The Nuggets are champions but Jokic cools off a bit / oher stepping up (even) more.
E) Yes, it is going to happen. A ring and triple double averages for Jokic in the playoffs.

https://i.ibb.co/T0BG6gm/Magic-Eight-Ball-Maybe-1.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2023, 07:48 PM
I predict he will be the second player to ever win Finals mvp on the losing side.

SouBeachTalents
05-17-2023, 07:53 PM
I predict he will be the second player to ever win Finals mvp on the losing side.
I honestly don't think we'll ever see that again, it only happened with the very first time it was awarded 54 years ago.

elementally morale
05-17-2023, 07:57 PM

You being a Boston fan I wouldn't have been satisfied with less. ;)

If that Finals is about to go down how do you think the Celtics will play the Nuggets? You predicting Jokic to be the MVP on the losing side assumes you don't think he can be slowed down much. What strategy would you use to win that series with the MVP on the opposing team?

AlternativeAcc.
05-17-2023, 08:05 PM
His TS is 64%

Nice stats but I still have LeBron BITW. He has to win this series to take the throne.

elementally morale
05-17-2023, 08:20 PM
His TS is 64%

Yes, I didn't know what I was thinking about when I mistyped that, sry.

Nice stats but I still have LeBron BITW. He has to win this series to take the throne.

Careerwise, sure. It's pretty hard to argue LeBron being the better player of the two right now though. (Yes, I know you will try regardless.) But if we are not going that direction and subtract LeBron from this equation: two questions for you.

1) How would you play Jokic and the Nuggets going forward? (The Hachimura experiment looked nice nut I doubt it works for a whole game.)

2) If there is no LeBron because he was taken by some Martians: in case Jokic gets a total of 96 points out of 100 how many points would you give to other players?

jlip
05-17-2023, 08:21 PM
Magic came close to it a couple of times.

1980- 18.3ppg 10.5rpg 9.4apg (only 16 games because #1 seed got a first round bye)
1982- 17.4ppg 11.3rpg 9.3apg (only 14 games because same as above)

His cumulative averages over his first four playoff runs (48 games played) were 17.8ppg 10.3apg 10.3rpg with two titles and two FMVPs.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2023, 08:53 PM
You being a Boston fan I wouldn't have been satisfied with less. ;)

If that Finals is about to go down how do you think the Celtics will play the Nuggets? You predicting Jokic to be the MVP on the losing side assumes you don't think he can be slowed down much. What strategy would you use to win that series with the MVP on the opposing team?

Overlooking Miami would be unwise. But in the hypothetical I would guess the Celtics leave Horford alone with him and he ends up with a lot of points but not quite as many assists as he normally gets.