PDA

View Full Version : Jokic = weaker Marc Gasol body + Larry Bird’s brain and hands …

BarberSchool
05-18-2023, 12:00 AM
Change my mind.
Or yours.

warriorfan
05-18-2023, 12:02 AM
seems about right

jokic isn’t soft but i’m not quite sure he has the dog in him bird has

but still pretty spot on

plowking
05-18-2023, 12:07 AM
seems about right

jokic isn’t soft but i’m not quite sure he has the dog in him bird has

but still pretty spot on

I think several on court interactions have shown he is about it if he needs to be.

Also - weaker Marc Gasol? He bullies Marc in the low post IMO. Bigger body.

warriorfan
05-18-2023, 12:10 AM
I think several on court interactions have shown he is about it if he needs to be.

I agree but he doesn’t have the shit talk Bird had. Jokic quietly goes about his business but will still step up when needed. Not necessarily a bad thing but there is some slight difference. I would maybe say Bird is more of an instigator while Jokic is more of a retaliator. All in all I still think it’s a legit comparison.

AlternativeAcc.
05-18-2023, 12:13 AM

Hell no. Jokic weighs a bit more but Gasol was strong as hell and knew how to leverage his body. He was high IQ and tough as hell. Also pretty damn athletic for his size. Jokic isn't bullying that guy.

HoopologyPhD
05-18-2023, 10:19 AM
Interesting post, Gasol played Jokic probably as good as anyone when he was still in the L

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2023, 10:36 AM
why weaker marc gasol?

seems pretty similar. marcs body is prob a little more robust, but jokics is possibly wider

tpols
05-18-2023, 10:37 AM
Marc Gasol and Yolk are the same height but Jokic outweighs him 285+ to 260.

Jokic looks weaker because his arms are skinny, but he's barrel chested with wide hips. Momentum is a bitch. And arm size is a relatively small factor in throwing your weight around.

That's why his arms are always scratched up like kblaze pointed out. He bangs hard and guys claw at him to hold on after impact.