PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

FultzNationRISE
05-18-2023, 02:39 PM
What is your opinion of Lebron James?

I feel like he flies a bit under the radar on ISH in all honesty, doesnt really get talked about as much as he probably should.

Feel free to give an honest, sincere opinion. Just make sure it’s positive and complimentary.

Thank you.

And thanks to Lebron James for being Lebron James.

Lebron James.

John8204
05-18-2023, 03:01 PM
He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today. That is not to say he's the greatest ball player of all time. He has however had longevity and productivity unmatched by any other basketball player in NBA history. His biggest problem is he's not a great shooter just a great scorer he's best as a second option. As a man he deserves a tremendous amount of credit coming into the league as a teenager and functioning as a role model for players and athletes.

He would have been great in any era of the NBA, he's a five position player and he's valuable to any team he plays for.

The worst thing about Lebron is the people who hate him. Even if I rank Jordan ahead of Lebron(which I do) the actions of Lebron is so distractedly removed from any sense of proportion or reality that no reasonable person should want to associate with them. Lebron hate is weird and gross.

Kblaze8855
05-18-2023, 03:06 PM
15-20 thousand posts over several names pretending to be a fan of someone is if nothing else impressive dedication to the bit.

3ba11
05-18-2023, 03:21 PM
He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today. That is not to say he's the greatest ball player of all time. He has however had longevity and productivity unmatched by any other basketball player in NBA history. His biggest problem is he's not a great shooter just a great scorer he's best as a second option. As a man he deserves a tremendous amount of credit coming into the league as a teenager and functioning as a role model for players and athletes.

If a player must team-up with rivals to win or achieve, then he isn't a goat candidate and is a fraud.

Lebron couldn't win the East with homecourt, so he teamed with his top 2 rivals in the conference - he diluted the conference and consolidated power on 1 team

It wouldn't be respected if Jokic teamed up with Luka and Booker, so if a player needs to team up with rivals, then his accomplishments can't be respected..

And what if Jokic had perennial underdogs and losers with Luka and Booker like Lebron did with his super-teams - that would make Jokic a ridiculous fraudster.

r0drig0lac
05-18-2023, 03:29 PM

He would have been great in any era of the NBA, he's a five position player and he's valuable to any team he plays for.

The worst thing about Lebron is the people who hate him. Even if I rank Jordan ahead of Lebron(which I do) the actions of Lebron is so distractedly removed from any sense of proportion or reality that no reasonable person should want to associate with them. Lebron hate is weird and gross.
agree

FultzNationRISE
05-18-2023, 03:30 PM
If a player must team-up with rivals to win or achieve, then he isn't a goat candidate and is a fraud.

Lebron couldn't win the East with homecourt, so he teamed with his top 2 rivals in the conference - he diluted the conference and consolidated power on 1 team

It wouldn't be respected if Jokic teamed up with Luka and Booker, so if a player needs to team up with rivals, then his accomplishments can't be respected..

And what if Jokic had perennial underdogs and losers with Luka and Booker like Lebron did with his super-teams - that would make Jokic a ridiculous fraudster.

There it is.

Patrick Chewing
05-18-2023, 04:20 PM
He sounds LeLame with a name like LeBron. Does he drive a LeBaron?

dankok8
05-18-2023, 04:28 PM
He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today.

Messi? Djokovic?

John8204
05-18-2023, 04:53 PM
Messi? Djokovic?

A Messy Djokovic I think that's 120 in Thailand

but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal because if you can't pick one out of the three than really none of them are the GOAT.

red1
05-18-2023, 05:14 PM
its a basketball forum and the lakers are in the playoffs

what do you expect.

Full Court
05-18-2023, 06:00 PM
He had tons of potential, but he never really lived up to it after the 2011 biggest choke job of all time. He won 4 championships and FMVPs, but he's also the only player to ever lead a super team to the lottery. All in all, he's somewhere around top ten, so he's had a pretty good career.

elementally morale
05-18-2023, 06:36 PM
but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele

Yes.

and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal

Up for debate but if he adds a few more wins at one of the 4 major tournaments, I think so. He is tied for #1 with 22 and has been the top ranked tennis player for the longest time of all time according to the ATP list. Would he win another Grand Slam he surely is the best tennis player of all time.

So yes, both are in the discussion.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2023, 06:43 PM
Messi is basically wilt, not a serious goat contender.

but Ronaldo, Rafa and Djokovic definitely are.

bladefd
05-18-2023, 07:04 PM
He had tons of potential, but he never really lived up to it after the 2011 biggest choke job of all time. He won 4 championships and FMVPs, but he's also the only player to ever lead a super team to the lottery. All in all, he's somewhere around top ten, so he's had a pretty good career.

Wow, top 10! So you agree he has been a great superstar? About time you agree with his greatness :applause:

plowking
05-18-2023, 07:39 PM
A Messy Djokovic I think that's 120 in Thailand

but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal because if you can't pick one out of the three than really none of them are the GOAT.

Messi - no. Football like basketball has become too stats orientated - and that is his main draw for GOAT. He is top 5 though. Not clear cut.

Djokovic - About as clear cut as you can get with all the records he holds but too much bias from the adoration for Federer and Nadal who preceded him. They came in earlier, built an adoring fanbase, then Djokovic was the one who took away everything - plus he is from the "bad" part of Europe and there is certain stigmas that players from there deal with.

LeBron - falls into the same category as Messi. To me he is the best based on longevity and continued, repeated success. Constantly getting to the finals or winning is the point of the game. But again, you can make a case for Jordan, and maybe 1 or 2 others if you really tried.

elementally morale
05-18-2023, 08:00 PM
Come on guys, Messi is absolutely in the conversation. If soccer had a Mt. Rushmore he would be there.

Pelé
Maradona
Ronaldo
Messi

That is the conversation. And you cannot really get it wrong choosing one over the other. Pelé was well before my time (as was Puskas) so it's a totally different era. I'd personally choose Messi out of the other 3 with Maradona being second. But I guess you can build just as good a case for Ronaldo. (There was another Ronald from Brazil, also a top 10ish player ever). When it comes down to it I usually choose finesse and skill (a'la Ronaldinho) over physical greatness; be it basketball or football (soccer). But it's just personal preference and I know that. HOwever, you would be very wrong to say Messi is not even in the conversation of the best player of all time. Choosing Pelé with all the changes over the decades would be like choosing George Mikan in the NBA. Or Oscar Robertson, probably a better comparison.

As for Djokovic, the conversation is:

Federer
Djokovic
Nadal
_____
Sampras
Connors
Borg
McEnroe
______
Agassi
Lever

Only Djokovic and Nadal can add to their legacy and Djokovic is much more likely to do so.

3ba11
05-18-2023, 08:25 PM
Constantly getting to the finals

When did Lebron start making a bunch of Finals?

It was after he put the top 3 first options in the conference on 1 team.

So one of his primary achievements in the eyes of his fans (making Finals) was completely manufactured.

The 2010 Celtics were already old and massive underdogs (+500), so the conference was supposed to wide open for the next decade with Wade, Derozan, Lebron, George and Bosh battling for East supremacy - but Lebron just teamed up with everyone instead.

Why can't Lebron fans admit that he stacked the deck? Why give credit for "making Finals" when you know that he FAILED to win the East with homecourt in 09' and 10, so he diluted the conference and consolidated power on 1 team?

bison
05-18-2023, 08:32 PM
15-20 thousand posts over several names pretending to be a fan of someone is if nothing else impressive dedication to the bit.

You post under the 3ball and LAZARUS accounts. You’re just as sick as anyone else here.

elementally morale
05-18-2023, 08:34 PM
You post under the 3ball and LAZARUS accounts. You’re just as sick as anyone else here.

Praising Hitler the other night with the gas chamber reference pretty much takes the cake for me in the last few years.

3ba11
05-18-2023, 08:34 PM

Mods have the lowest character and integrity of anyone on this planet.

bison
05-18-2023, 08:40 PM
Mods have the lowest character and integrity of anyone on this planet.

Yup. They are manipulative losers.

3ba11
05-18-2023, 08:48 PM
Lebron has repeated success. Constantly winning is the point of the game.

Here's what "constantly winning" looks like

2004 - lottery
2005 - lottery
2006 - 2nd Round loss
2007 - 22 on 35%
2008 - 2nd Round loss
2009 - ECF upset loss
2010 - 2nd Round loss

"constantly winning" doh... :rolleyes:

Lebron has the same number of early exits as MJ before he won his first title, except Lebron was locked up (07', 08') or upset (09', 10'), while Jordan never did either.

So Lebron was an embarrassment before the "decision" to team up with opponents and put the top 3 first options in the conference on 1 team.

And losing in the Finals means that the player mostly likely wouldn't make the Finals from the other conference - so Finals appearances are conference-dependent - only winning them matters.. "constantly winning" was Jordan - the instant he got a single all-star teammate - only Jordan never needed more than 1 all-star to win a bunch of chips.

RogueBorg
05-18-2023, 11:24 PM
Here's what "constantly winning" looks like

2004 - lottery
2005 - lottery
2006 - 2nd Round loss
2007 - 22 on 35%
2008 - 2nd Round loss
2009 - ECF upset loss
2010 - 2nd Round loss

"constantly winning" doh... :rolleyes:

Lebron has the same number of early exits as MJ before he won his first title, except Lebron was locked up (07', 08') or upset (09', 10'), while Jordan never did either.

So Lebron was an embarrassment before the "decision" to team up with opponents and put the top 3 first options in the conference on 1 team.

And losing in the Finals means that the player mostly likely wouldn't make the Finals from the other conference - so Finals appearances are conference-dependent - only winning them matters.. "constantly winning" was Jordan - the instant he got a single all-star teammate - only Jordan never needed more than 1 all-star to win a bunch of chips.

Lebron has 15 seasons of not winning it all, might be 16.