View Full Version : ImKobe told us AD was better than Jokic

RRR3
05-19-2023, 12:54 AM
https://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-laugh.gif

3ba11
05-19-2023, 01:01 AM
b-b-but defense

lol

individual defense matters little when comparing 2 all-timers because a generational offensive talent like Curry or Jokic can carry the scoring load or offense and therefore be surrounded by cheap defenders - it's easier for GM's to build a defensive team around a great offensive player than a great defender like AD or Draymond that needs expensive offensive help.

Furthermore, great offensive players and brand of ball wins the attrition battle - they wear down defenses so they have less capacity for offense, aka great playoff offenses teams have lower defensive requirements.

So again, a generational offensive player basically rises above individual defense

plowking
05-19-2023, 01:01 AM
AD just ain't that 1st option type guy.

He is Kevin Garnett. The guy that can do everything well, put up tremendous stats, but this midrange shooting type PF who can't create for himself off the dribble and only works from certain positions just isn't as effective to carry a team as your multi faceted guys like Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, Durant, etc.

AD is literally a perfect second option. He can be a top 30-40 player ever, much like your Pippen and Garnett types, but they are clearly limited in the way they operate on the court on the offensive end.

elementally morale
05-19-2023, 01:12 AM
The argument usually is that AD is way better on defense. He is better, yes. But Jokic isn't as bad as people are saying. His one on one defense is solid on big guys and he has active hands. It's the small guys and p&r defense where he gets roasted, mainly due to lack of lateral mobility. But I think he holds his ground enough to not hurt the team on defense. I'd say he is average.

As for AD, he is just not as talented as the Joker... but there are close to 8 billion people on the planet who aren't. Still, the biggest gap besides the obvious (passing) is mental (and physical) toughness. AD can play a great quarter or even a very good game after which he disappears. And I can't tell why. Being injury prone is one thing but Davis can disappear when healthy.

RRR3
05-19-2023, 01:16 AM
The argument usually is that AD is way better on defense. He is better, yes. But Jokic isn't as bad as people are saying. His one on one defense is solid on big guys and he has active hands. It's the small guys and p&r defense where he gets roasted, mainly due to lack of lateral mobility. But I think he holds his ground enough to not hurt the team on defense. I'd say he is average.

As for AD, he is just not as talented as the Joker... but there are close to 8 billion people on the planet who aren't. Still, the biggest gap besides the obvious (passing) is mental (and physical) toughness. AD can play a great quarter or even a very good game after which he disappears. And I can't tell why. Being injury prone is one thing but Davis can disappear when healthy.
He is better on defense but he certainly hasn’t looked way better on defense this series. Jokic has done a better job guarding him than vice versa. The fact that two tweener forwards in LBJ and Hachimura have been guarding Jokic significantly better than AD is not a good look for someone people were calling the best defensive player in the league. He wasn’t even guarding Jokic after like the first quarter and still did nothing on offense. If he’s the best player in the league or even close to it he shouldn’t need LeBron to win him a game. And we saw what happened because LeBron can’t win them games with his foot injury. Yes he made some bad decisions with his shot (although those shots are ok for him most years just been an off year shooting, maybe tired legs idk) but AD was far worse. I don’t think it’s too much to ask AD to outplay LeBron in LeBron’s current form but apparently it was today.

SouBeachTalents
05-19-2023, 01:18 AM
The guy seemingly has an atrocious offensive showing every other game.

If you want the worst take of the playoffs, tpols said this Lakers team was equivalent to the KD Warriors :lol

elementally morale
05-19-2023, 01:22 AM
He is better on defense but he certainly hasn’t looked way better on defense this series. Jokic has done a better job guarding him than vice versa.

So far, yes.

Before this series AD was the leading rebounder in the playoffs. Now they are tied with 13.8 but I'm stunned how much better Jokic is rebounding the ball. The difference is huge. AD had his way with small teams in the first two rounds but when there is a big man he can disappear. I actually don't understand that. The difference is even bigger with offensive rebounds. There is no reason AD shouldn't keep up with Jokic: he is more athletic, has long arms, almost the same height... strange.

3ba11
05-19-2023, 01:25 AM

If you want the worst take of the playoffs, tpols said this Lakers team was equivalent to the KD Warriors :lol

Lebron doesn't beat top teams with weak scoring and efficiency from a sidekick.. In 20 seasons, he never won a series against a top 5 SRS team with weak scoring & efficiency from a sidekick, so this will translate to individual games too - he almost never wins games against top teams by carrying the scoring load because he's too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams...

Otoh, expert jumpshooters like curry or mj can carry the scoring load with sufficient brand to beat top teams, so they can win with bed-wetting teammates and secondary producers at sidekick like Wiggins or Pippen.

RRR3
05-19-2023, 01:30 AM
So far, yes.

Before this series AD was the leading rebounder in the playoffs. Now they are tied with 13.8 but I'm stunned how much better Jokic is rebounding the ball. The difference is huge. AD had his way with small teams in the first two rounds but when there is a big man he can disappear. I actually don't understand that. The difference is even bigger with offensive rebounds. There is no reason AD shouldn't keep up with Jokic: he is more athletic, has long arms, almost the same height... strange.
Jokic is stronger and tries harder. That’s the answer.

ImKobe
05-19-2023, 03:02 AM
We can do with with any player on a bad shooting night. Jokic gives up so much on the defensive side but the boxscore watchers never weigh that in, Lakers are constantly scoring on Jokic with little resistance at the rim.

RRR3
05-19-2023, 03:09 AM
We can do with with any player on a bad shooting night. Jokic gives up so much on the defensive side but the boxscore watchers never weigh that in, Lakers are constantly scoring on Jokic with little resistance at the rim.
Jokic played good defense today, you are very dimwitted I'm afraid. AD hasn't even been great defensively this series, he is so bad at guarding his man they've had to put wings on him.

ImKobe
05-19-2023, 03:43 AM
Jokic played good defense today, you are very dimwitted I'm afraid. AD hasn't even been great defensively this series, he is so bad at guarding his man they've had to put wings on him.

So Jokic was better defensively in this game and is a better defender than AD in this series?

RRR3
05-19-2023, 03:54 AM
So Jokic was better defensively in this game and is a better defender than AD in this series?
Jokic is certainly better at individual defense on Davis than vice versa this series. Hasn’t been close either. AD’s overall impact on defense is still greater obviously but it’s a lot closer than it should be considering the gap there normally is. AD has played below his standards on d in both games. At least he came to play on offense in the first game, he was pretty much the Nuggets MVP tonight.

warriorfan
05-19-2023, 04:13 AM

jokic plays respectable man defense but his help and rim protection is shit. I usually go nuts on these type of players because I believe having elite help defense rim protectors at either PF or C are insanely valuable. However Jokic brings so much offensively and even with his defensive deficiencies he’s underrated as a defender. Jokic is the real deal where I would even be tough enough to consider Charles Barkley to not be.

ImKobe
05-19-2023, 04:42 AM
Jokic is certainly better at individual defense on Davis than vice versa this series. Hasn’t been close either. AD’s overall impact on defense is still greater obviously but it’s a lot closer than it should be considering the gap there normally is. AD has played below his standards on d in both games. At least he came to play on offense in the first game, he was pretty much the Nuggets MVP tonight.

Better at individual defense :lol:lol:lol:lol

stick to trolling

Phoenix
05-19-2023, 06:09 AM
'Arguably' better was the term used :D

nayte
05-19-2023, 06:36 AM
There was like 10 articles stating how Davis roaming was what made the comeback for game one.so now you are complaining about how he doesn't defend Jokic.
Why should I take your word over all those articles

RRR3
05-19-2023, 12:02 PM
'Arguably' better was the term used :D
Not looking very arguable :yaohappy:

AD making old man LeBron on one leg guard Jokic because he can’t do it. DPOY :bowdown:

tpols
05-19-2023, 12:27 PM
Jokic is clearly better than AD but a 7 foot Larry bird is better than everybody. AD plays elite defense and gets his own on offense. Jokic is a slow 7foot dude who creates like magic Johnson and scores like Bird. He might quite literally be the GOAT.

There's no shame in being slightly worse than that. With that being said, let's see what happens in LA. If jokic gets put in foul trouble the Nuggets crumble. It's an easy rig.

FireDavidKahn
05-19-2023, 12:31 PM
AD just ain't that 1st option type guy.

He is Kevin Garnett. The guy that can do everything well, put up tremendous stats, but this midrange shooting type PF who can't create for himself off the dribble and only works from certain positions just isn't as effective to carry a team as your multi faceted guys like Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, Durant, etc.

AD is literally a perfect second option. He can be a top 30-40 player ever, much like your Pippen and Garnett types, but they are clearly limited in the way they operate on the court on the offensive end.

Still not as good as Garnett though

RRR3
05-19-2023, 01:25 PM
Jokic is clearly better than AD but a 7 foot Larry bird is better than everybody. AD plays elite defense and gets his own on offense. Jokic is a slow 7foot dude who creates like magic Johnson and scores like Bird. He might quite literally be the GOAT.

There's no shame in being slightly worse than that. With that being said, let's see what happens in LA. If jokic gets put in foul trouble the Nuggets crumble. It's an easy rig.
“Slightly” worse :yaohappy:

Jokic is not the GOAT either Jesus are you incapable of not inundating us with stupidity?

tpols
05-19-2023, 01:31 PM
“Slightly” worse :yaohappy:

Jokic is not the GOAT either Jesus are you incapable of not inundating us with stupidity?

Jokic is the GOAT but he doesn't sell. He's too quiet and focused. And intelligent. MJ and him are the only contenders.

AD is coming off a 40 point double double. You're spoiled by it. If it weren't for AD going off when he has and playing elite defense , LA would've been bounced by Memphis in the 1st round. You need to appreciate him instead of hating.

Duffy Pratt
05-19-2023, 03:21 PM
Look at the number of plays where Jokic grabs the rebound, thus starting with inside position on Davis. Then, takes the lead on the break and beats Davis up the floor while dribbling. Count the number of times Davis beats Jokic up the floor. Davis is faster and more athletic. He should be ahead of Jokic almost all the time, but it’s just the opposite.

elementally morale
05-19-2023, 03:33 PM
Look at the number of plays where Jokic grabs the rebound, thus starting with inside position on Davis. Then, takes the lead on the break and beats Davis up the floor while dribbling. Count the number of times Davis beats Jokic up the floor. Davis is faster and more athletic. He should be ahead of Jokic almost all the time, but it’s just the opposite.

It looks like AD is not faster. More athletic as in jumping and lateral movement, yes. His running speed is not beating Jokic'. There was a short clip with Ayton sitting on the bench sweaty and tired telling the others Jokic 'can run'. AD wont start a fast break bringing up the ball and Jokic does that several times every game. But the biggest mystery to me is their respective rebounding h2h. Jokic shouldn't be a lot better and he is. We all knew he was a better teamplayer and greater passer so that was to be expected. I didn't expect the rebounding disparity I thought it's closer to a wash. And while AD is the better defender when they go h2h the Joker's individual defense on AD is better than the other way round.

Phoenix
05-19-2023, 03:36 PM
It looks like AD is not faster. More athletic as in jumping and lateral movement, yes. His running speed is not beating Jokic'. There was a short clip with Ayton sitting on the bench sweaty and tired telling the others Jokic 'can run'. AD wont start a fast break bringing up the ball and Jokic does that several times every game. But the biggest mystery to me is their respective rebounding h2h. Jokic shouldn't be a lot better and he is. We all knew he was a better teamplayer and greater passer so that was to be expected. I didn't expect the rebounding disparity I thought it's closer to a wash. And while AD is the better defender when they go h2h the Joker's individual defense on AD is better than the other way round.

He's got the best combination of size and anticipation, being able to read how the ball is coming off the rim. Dude has like a 2 inch vertical and can grab 20 boards in his sleep lol.

tpols
05-19-2023, 03:37 PM

That's all about motor. AD can clearly beat Jokic in a 40 yard dash. He just doesn't have the endurance or motivation to do it all game every game. Yolk just doesn't ever let up.

elementally morale
05-19-2023, 03:58 PM
That's all about motor. AD can clearly beat Jokic in a 40 yard dash.

Are you sure? I'm not any more. I mean AD should win but I'm not sure he would. Imagining he just 'doesn't want to' beat Jokic in transition when he is running w/o the ball and Jokic is dribbling with huge steps... it may be the case AD just 'doesn't care that much' but if that's true it's even more depressing than not being able to.

tpols
05-19-2023, 04:28 PM
Are you sure? I'm not any more. I mean AD should win but I'm not sure he would. Imagining he just 'doesn't want to' beat Jokic in transition when he is running w/o the ball and Jokic is dribbling with huge steps... it may be the case AD just 'doesn't care that much' but if that's true it's even more depressing than not being able to.

The mind is a powerful thing. Jokic just doesn't let up. I see him panting in post game conferences while AD is chilling with sunglasses on like he barely broke a sweat.

Wally450
05-19-2023, 05:34 PM

Who’s more inconsistent on offense, AD or Tatum?

Duffy Pratt
05-19-2023, 06:08 PM

In game, it is clear the Davis is not faster. It’s not at all clear whether that’s because of motor or ability. If it’s ability, it’s just another indictment of what counts as superior athleticism. Jokic doesn’t jump, and lacks lateral quickness. Like Bird, he has very quick hands and great anticipation. He’s also physically bigger and stronger than Davis, and on defense, he actually boxes out and has a better sense of how the ball will come off (maybe, like Rodman, he studies players tendencies that way).

As far as the rebounding goes, there have been several guys without extraordinary leaping ability who were great rebounders - Laimbeer comes immediately to mind. Jerry Lucas before him. Kevin Love. Bird. It’s not that surprising.

Real Men Wear Green
05-19-2023, 06:45 PM
If they lined up to run one 40 yard dash fresh Davis would dust Jokic. If they jogged 5 miles first and then raced Jokic wins. Jokic has far superior endurance but Davis is easily more explosive before he starts to get tired.

ILLsmak
05-19-2023, 07:15 PM

He’s not the goat. If they get that new dude right and his knees don’t break, he’ll probably be the goat. What
He is doing is reminding everyone how important that space is on the floor and how to use it now that the game changed. He needs to be quicker tho to be goat. You really do have to be able to get in lanes and step out nowadays.

On offense tho it’s great to see big men shining. The goat big of this generation is gonna be taller, faster and better at d, imo. But getting the ball in similar spots prol.

-Smak

SaltyMeatballs
05-19-2023, 07:18 PM
What do you expect from a known retard like ImKobe

Jokic has been better than AD for 3 years and it's not even debatable

ILLsmak
05-19-2023, 07:19 PM
If they lined up to run one 40 yard dash fresh Davis would dust Jokic. If they jogged 5 miles first and then raced Jokic wins. Jokic has far superior endurance but Davis is easily more explosive before he starts to get tired.

Davis has some disorder imo. That’s why he’s got like three rows of teeth. He probably goes harder than he should where as jokic manages. There are benefits to going hard tho. They should let him and use hachi more, just make sure he’s peak warmed up for final stretch. I don’t think the lakers have good coaching (real talk) but they def pull in the talent.

-Smak

RRR3
05-23-2023, 12:16 AM
Yikes, what a retard

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 12:16 AM
Here's Lebron in the 4th quarters in the WCF

Game 1: 7 points 1/4 FG 0/2 3PT 5/7 FT
Game 2: 6 points 3/7 FG 0/3 3PT 0/0 FT
Game 3: 7 points 2/6 FG 1/4 3PT 2/3 FT
Game 4: 3 points 1/4 FG 0/1 3PT 1/2 FT

which totals out to 23 points on 7/21 FG 1/10 3PT 8/12 FT or 43.8%TS

Pathetic.

RRR3
05-23-2023, 12:20 AM
Here's Lebron in the 4th quarters in the WCF

Game 1: 7 points 1/4 FG 0/2 3PT 5/7 FT
Game 2: 6 points 3/7 FG 0/3 3PT 0/0 FT
Game 3: 7 points 2/6 FG 1/4 3PT 2/3 FT
Game 4: 3 points 1/4 FG 0/1 3PT 1/2 FT

which totals out to 23 points on 7/21 FG 1/10 3PT 8/12 FT or 43.8%TS

Pathetic.
He's injured and 38. What's AD's excuse for being worse than him?

Indian guy
05-23-2023, 12:20 AM
I don't understand why anyone responds to ImKobe. He's literally the embodiment of the Kobe stan who couldn't get over LeBron surpassing their hero, so all he does is troll relentlessly to come to terms with that reality. And everybody knows this. Yet somehow still get suckered into responding to his intentionally-idiotic posts.

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2023, 12:21 AM

This is still a worse take.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 12:21 AM

AD just had 10 points on 100%FG/100%FT in the 4th

Bran got us swept. I don't give a **** how old he is. Maybe don't play him then?

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 12:23 AM
Dumb selfish MF’s, who only understand self-glorifying iso pickup ball, will always judge players off their iso 1-on-1 and highlight-generation/entertainment value.

They don’t come from the mindframe of understanding that if one dude is out for self (as they are) and another dude on the other squad, is playing chess with 4 other teammates on the floor …

… they just don’t understand how or why the less athletic, smarter player, can use all 4 other players as an extension of his own abilities or limitations… since they themselves either cannot or will not do such a thing.

Which is shocking to most people who truly play team sports … with a team mindset.

For many, TEAM sports is merely competitive self glorification. And they’re not just competing with the other squad …. They’re competing with their own teammates … same as they used to do with their horrible siblings lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2023, 12:25 AM

In the gamethread, that same poster gave AD more credit than LeBron tonight.

Apparently, "showing up" in one quarter negates a 40/10/9 game.

Someone help snap that idiot back to reality. :lol

RRR3
05-23-2023, 12:29 AM
AD just had 10 points on 100%FG/100%FT in the 4th

Bran got us swept. I don't give a **** how old he is. Maybe don't play him then?
Yes LeBron was the reason you lost today :facepalm

Low IQ

AD is too much of a bitch to guard Jokic and makes LeBron do it ad you're surprised he's gassed playing the entire game at 38

Your hero was the worst player in the NBA at 38 :yaohappy:

RRR3
05-23-2023, 12:30 AM
In the gamethread, that same poster gave AD more credit than LeBron tonight.

Apparently, "showing up" in one quarter negates a 40/10/9 game.

Someone help snap that idiot back to reality. :lol
LeBron guarded Jokic more than AD and created way more on offense despite being injured and 38 and this dude is blaming LeBron. Besides today (when his jumper was falling) LeBron wasn't healthy enough to dominate all playoffs. Never seen anyone have standards like these.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 12:37 AM
Yes LeBron was the reason you lost today :facepalm

Low IQ

AD is too much of a bitch to guard Jokic and makes LeBron do it ad you're surprised he's gassed playing the entire game at 38

Your hero was the worst player in the NBA at 38 :yaohappy:

He doesn't make him do shit. AD forced Jokic into tough 3s and had a huge block on him. Bran drew a couple charges which were huge too but he wasn't asked to guard Jokic the whole game lol, but as usual you Bran stanleys can't look at the game objectively & have to make excuses as to why he came up short in the 4th quarter yet again.

It took the Lakers going down 0 - 3 for Ham to finally bench Dlo and bring in another big to guard Jokic. It's sad we couldn't have made some of those adjustments early on in the series. We kind of made the one adjustment in Game 1 and stuck with it until the series was over.

You guys can dig through Kobe's Playoff history to cope with the loss all you want or deflect all blame to AD, but none of it negates what happened in the 4th quarters of this series. I've long moved on from the 2010s but you guys are still clearly stuck in that era and think that you're still forced to defend Lebron at all costs. It's over man.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2023, 12:38 AM
ImKobe is one of the biggest idiots on this site. Dude really thought AD could defend Jokic, but in the end it was LeBron who had more success guarding him. Can't make this shit up.

RRR3
05-23-2023, 12:42 AM
ImKobe is one of the biggest idiots on this site. Dude really thought AD could defend Jokic, but in the end it was LeBron who had more success guarding him. Can't make this shit up.
Doesn't understand basketball. Jokic made AD his bitch all series.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 12:47 AM
Doesn't understand basketball. Jokic made AD his bitch all series.

AD forced him into tough 3s and blocked the shit out of him in the 4th.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-23-2023, 12:51 AM

.......and that sure was enough to sweep LA 4-0.

ShawkFactory
05-23-2023, 12:59 AM

Yikes. Give that one up.

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 01:11 AM
:roll: and he made what 3 or 4 of those one legged fadeaway shot clock buzzer beater 3’s this series alone ?

AD outplayed him so much lol, hard to believe Jokic had multiple 30-point triple doubles in the 4-game sweep lol

ImKobe apparently values highlights more than winning.
Go watch the original 1990’s White Men Can’t Jump, there is a lesson in there for everyone.

SATAN
05-23-2023, 01:14 AM
I don't understand why anyone responds to ImKobe. He's literally the embodiment of the Kobe stan who couldn't get over LeBron surpassing their hero, so all he does is troll relentlessly to come to terms with that reality.

:roll:

ImKobe must be ecstatic right now.

Keno
05-23-2023, 01:42 AM
AD wasn’t even a top 3 laker this series let alone better than jokic lmao.

1) Reveas
2) Rui
3) Bron

Keno
05-23-2023, 01:46 AM
I don't understand why anyone responds to ImKobe. He's literally the embodiment of the Kobe stan who couldn't get over LeBron surpassing their hero, so all he does is troll relentlessly to come to terms with that reality. And everybody knows this. Yet somehow still get suckered into responding to his intentionally-idiotic posts.

I usually dont mind trolling, but imkobe is beyond idiotic, might even be higher than full court which sounds impossible. Might add them to my ignore/block list, never used this feature since joining ISH.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 01:46 AM
:roll: and he made what 3 or 4 of those one legged fadeaway shot clock buzzer beater 3’s this series alone ?

AD outplayed him so much lol, hard to believe Jokic had multiple 30-point triple doubles in the 4-game sweep lol

ImKobe apparently values highlights more than winning.
Go watch the original 1990’s White Men Can’t Jump, there is a lesson in there for everyone.

So you think it was bad defense by AD that Jokic took those shots? Jokic is a mediocre 3PT shooter as is. AD played him as well as anyone. Jokic is shooting like damn near 50% from 3 in these Playoffs which is obviously nowhere near his usual rate in any of his seasons. He's on a hot streak but got held to 3 straight games of sub-50% shooting in the series, which is better than what any other team did against him. 3 of his 5 worst shooting games in the POs came vs the Lakers.

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 02:08 AM
So you think it was bad defense by AD that Jokic took those shots? Jokic is a mediocre 3PT shooter as is. AD played him as well as anyone. Jokic is shooting like damn near 50% from 3 in these Playoffs which is obviously nowhere near his usual rate in any of his seasons. He's on a hot streak but got held to 3 straight games of sub-50% shooting in the series, which is better than what any other team did against him. 3 of his 5 worst shooting games in the POs came vs the Lakers.LOL they really put the clamps on him LOL nothing Denver could do … but win in embarrassing sweep fashion, while Jokic averaged ~ a MF trip dub LMMFAO son you really gotta pick your battles or pick your poison.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 02:22 AM
LOL they really put the clamps on him LOL nothing Denver could do … but win in embarrassing sweep fashion, while Jokic averaged ~ a MF trip dub LMMFAO son you really gotta pick your battles or pick your poison.

They limited his performance. He's going to average a triple-double almost by default with how much he has the ball in his hands if his teammates make their shots.

Obviously Jokic is great at passing out of double teams to open shooters, and Lakers dared Bruce Brown, Aaron Gordon & Jeff Green to make those wide open shots, and Jokic often got the assist on those plays. Also, they run the Jokic-Murray 2-man game a lot so he's going to pile up assists from simple DHOs too. Doesn't mean he wasn't limited compared to what he did vs. Phoenix.

There's nothing you can really do when you constantly double him and his teammates make enough of their shots to win the game. You could criticize the Lakers' strategy of helping off his teammates too much in order to just limit him, because you're never going to take him out of the game entirely. They could've had a better chance leaving him in single coverage and contesting every 3 possible and living with the results that way, but then you're leaving yourself open for offensive rebounds and Aaron Gordon/Bruce Brown dunking on you because AD is the only player who could guard him in single coverage as they did not try Tristan Thompson before G4 and it's not like TT could play 20+ mpg at this point anyway and the spacing would be an issue.

Lakers needed another big who could guard Jokic in this series. The Lebron/Rui gimmick worked ok with AD being the help defender but it wasn't good enough.

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 03:16 AM
Jokic scored 27.75 pts/game in this series.
Davis scored 24.25 pts/game in this series.

Jokic had 1.25 blocks/game.
Davis had 2.75 blocks/game.

Jokic led in assists and was a difference-maker on the offensive end. Davis didn't play as dominant a role on defense as he did in prior series. Davis also didn't contribute as many offensive rebounds as he might have.

plowking
05-23-2023, 04:55 AM
AD is lucky stats are easy to come by when you aren't the focus of the defense - because that was Hakeem vs DRob level domination in the direct matchup.

AD's two "good" games were a lot of points when the game wasn't there.

Phoenix
05-23-2023, 06:18 AM

In fairness, 3ball can drop 1000 threads talking about Lebron and expert jumpshooters and end up with 8 pages. I've slowly learned responding even for shits and giggles is a huge waste of time.

tontoz
05-23-2023, 08:21 AM
AD needs other guys to set him up for shots. When he tries to iso you can see he just doesn't have much of a bag. Jokic is the guy with an endless bag that sets up everyone else for easy shots.

red1
05-23-2023, 08:34 AM
man ImKobe might be the second dumbest poster on this board

kid is dumb as hell

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 08:46 AM
man ImKobe might be the second dumbest poster on this board

kid is dumb as hell

So that's all you guys have? "oh he's dumb for posting facts and providing all the data to back it up". Great.

Keep meatriding a washed king - see where it gets you.

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2023, 12:54 AM
:roll:

SouBeachTalents
06-13-2023, 08:02 AM
He had a nice run, but AD & Embiid are still better.

RRR3
06-13-2023, 08:11 AM
AD would have won if he had elite teammates like Aaron Gordon instead of that scrub LeBron.

Phoenix
06-13-2023, 08:15 AM

Yeah, leading the entire playoffs in scoring/rebounding/assists enroute to a chip is ok-ish, but nothing compared to AD's D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

RRR3
06-13-2023, 08:19 AM
Yeah, leading the entire playoffs in scoring/rebounding/assists enroute to a chip is ok-ish, but nothing compared to AD's D-E-F-E-N-S-E.
Jokic just had a stacked team. AD was playing with g leaguers like LeBron James. Not a fair comparison!

Phoenix
06-13-2023, 08:29 AM
Jokic just had a stacked team. AD was playing with g leaguers like LeBron James. Not a fair comparison!

:yaohappy:

JohnMax
06-13-2023, 10:19 AM
We had this same conversation between AD vs Giannis.

Giannis won out in the end because he led his team to a championship. On top of having more accolades like two regular season MVPS and a DPOY.

Jokic has also won this debate by using same formula.

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2023, 10:32 AM
We had this same conversation between AD vs Giannis.

Giannis won out in the end because he led his team to a championship. On top of having more accolades like two regular season MVPS and a DPOY.

Jokic has also won this debate by using same formula.

Those are actually very silly criteria and always have been.

If you know basketball you can explain what makes a player more effective. You dont need to use titles a team won collectively or awards voted on by other people. Imagine basing YOUR opinion off how other random people voted for something :roll:

If you are qualified to even give an opinion on a subject, you can explain your choice in your own words. You dont need a stat sheet or a resumé. You can make sound, rational arguments based on substance.

How I would rank Giannis, AD, Jokic, Embiid has nothing to do with anything theyve won. It has to do with how they play basketball.

But thats just me.