PDA

View Full Version : Case for LeBron over Kareem?

Angel Face
05-20-2023, 09:38 AM
Seen some lists with LeBron as number 2 on the GOAT rankings, but if we look at it Kareem is more accomplished than him.

Kareem > LeBron

Full Court
05-20-2023, 10:31 AM
The case for Lebron over Kareem is stated in detail as follows:

1987_Lakers
05-20-2023, 10:47 AM
His on court impact suggest that it was higher than Kareem’s. Kareem missed the playoffs in his prime and wasn’t really a leader. What hurts Kareem in my opinion is that he didn’t have a lot of team success during his prime, but I guess everything balanced out once the Lakers drafted Magic.

theman93
05-20-2023, 12:00 PM
The case would be that even though he has less championships, he was seen as the driving force for more championships won. Also his longevity edges out Kareem -- which is one of Kareem's greatest strengths in all-time debates. Statistically I'd also give Lebron the edge, and analytically I think Lebron was better too (way higher PER and WS/48 he's nearly identical - would love to see their BPM and VORP comparison but Kareem's wasn't tracked until 1974). You also can't use Lebron's black marks against him in a Kareem debate when Kareem had his fair share of black marks himself.

JohnMax
05-20-2023, 12:01 PM
These clowns hate top 2 spots being occupied by elite perimeter scorers. They'd rather have a mediocre perimeter scorer like Magic (career 19 ppg scorer) or a an elite scoring big man like Kareem in second spot.

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2023, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzlvnncLOQ

WhiteKyrie
05-20-2023, 02:33 PM
His on court impact suggest that it was higher than Kareem’s. Kareem missed the playoffs in his prime and wasn’t really a leader. What hurts Kareem in my opinion is that he didn’t have a lot of team success during his prime, but I guess everything balanced out once the Lakers drafted Magic.
Agreed.

He also needed a top 5 guy (Magic) and top 20 guy (Oscar) to win his rings. And yes was an absolutely putrid leader. Because he was a social recluse and weirdo. He couldn’t or didn’t want to even try connect to people, let alone teammates, in any capacity. Whether to motivate, or uplift. He was an asshole.

In those regards he gets very overrated. His team success and championship ring count is almost exclusively because of Magic being the Lakers best player and culture setter.

John8204
05-20-2023, 02:48 PM
I have Kareem at #5

- He put up most of his stats during the ABA/NBA split
- He only won titles with the two best PG's of all-time (Oscar, and Magic)
- h2h he lost to Wilt, Thurmond, Walton, Cowens, Sikma, Moses, Parish and Hakeem also he should have lost to Laimbeer twice

Lebron won with less and made better runs. He dominated his position and played against a global group of players not half a league.

GimmeThat
05-20-2023, 02:56 PM
OP for sure gonna get bitten by dogs for trying to beat up a strangers kid

WhiteKyrie
05-20-2023, 03:32 PM
I have Kareem at #5

- He put up most of his stats during the ABA/NBA split
- He only won titles with the two best PG's of all-time (Oscar, and Magic)
- h2h he lost to Wilt, Thurmond, Walton, Cowens, Sikma, Moses, Parish and Hakeem also he should have lost to Laimbeer twice

Lebron won with less and made better runs. He dominated his position and played against a global group of players not half a league.
Thank you :clap:

The case would be that even though he has less championships, he was seen as the driving force for more championships won. Also his longevity edges out Kareem -- which is one of Kareem's greatest strengths in all-time debates. Statistically I'd also give Lebron the edge, and analytically I think Lebron was better too (way higher PER and WS/48 he's nearly identical - would love to see their BPM and VORP comparison but Kareem's wasn't tracked until 1974). You also can't use Lebron's black marks against him in a Kareem debate when Kareem had his fair share of black marks himself.
Facts. Where do you have LeBron and Kareem ranked?

These clowns hate top 2 spots being occupied by elite perimeter scorers. They'd rather have a mediocre perimeter scorer like Magic (career 19 ppg scorer) or a an elite scoring big man like Kareem in second spot.
100%

Lebron23
05-20-2023, 05:28 PM
4 finals MVP better than 2 finals MVP. Kareem's last rings he was a 2nd 3rd and 4th scoring option for the Showtime Lakers. OP is an idiot who sucks Dick for a living.

3ba11
05-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Kareem was far more clutch - a closer

Lebron NEEDS closers and therefore needs more help - the best closers (MJ, Kobe, Bird, Kareem) are superior to guys that NEED closers like Lebron, Magic, Oscar, etc.

Lebron23
05-20-2023, 05:56 PM
Kareem was far more clutch - a closer

Lebron NEEDS closers and therefore needs more help - the best closers (MJ, Kobe, Bird, Kareem) are superior to guys that NEED closers like Lebron, Magic, Oscar, etc.

That's why LeBron had more game winners and buzzer beater than Kareem in the playoffs and nba finals. I pray to Allah that you die this year, You useless piece of $hit.

WhiteKyrie
05-20-2023, 06:18 PM
4 finals MVP better than 2 finals MVP. Kareem's last rings he was a 2nd 3rd and 4th scoring option for the Showtime Lakers. OP is an idiot who sucks Dick for a living.

Lol damn

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2023, 06:34 PM
That's why LeBron had more game winners and buzzer beater than Kareem in the playoffs and nba finals. I pray to Allah that you die this year, You useless piece of $hit.

:biggums::biggums::biggums:

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2023, 06:41 PM
The haters don't have to like it, but LeBron has solidified his case over everybody except Jordan. Kareem played in a very weak era, missed the playoffs twice in his prime, and wasn't even the driving force behind most of his titles. And even in regards to longevity, I think LeBron has him beat there, esp since breaking his scoring record.

SlimReaper
05-20-2023, 06:42 PM
OP is an idiot who sucks Dick for a living.

I pray to Allah that you die this year, You useless piece of $hit.

:biggums: :biggums:

How the hell is this mentally challenged, ugly midget allowed to make insults and wish the death of other posters, simply because he doesn't like their opinions?

Mods, don't you think that this is a bit too much, even for ish standards?

theman93
05-20-2023, 06:44 PM
Thank you :clap:

Facts. Where do you have LeBron and Kareem ranked?

100%

Lebron 2nd, Kareem 3rd.

WhiteKyrie
05-20-2023, 07:15 PM
The haters don't have to like it, but LeBron has solidified his case over everybody except Jordan. Kareem played in a very weak era, missed the playoffs twice in his prime, and wasn't even the driving force behind most of his titles. And even in regards to longevity, I think LeBron has him beat there, esp since breaking his scoring record.
I don’t even like LeBron, despise his dumb ass, annoying, unknowledgeable Zoomer fan base. But totally agreed.

I have Kareem in that 5 - 8 range. There’s many aspects to his career, game and resume that are overrated. Kareem, Oscar and Duncan have the most swept under the rug skid marks of top 10 - 15 players. And idk why. Pre merger league. Missing playoffs in prime. Not the driving force for the majority of his rings? I have Magic, Bird, Russell, and LeBron firmly ranked over him.

PeroAntic
05-20-2023, 08:20 PM
Lebron had more memorable moments, is more skilled/complete, and his opposition has been harder. They are very close, were talking about two top three players ever. I have them as 2a and 2b behind MJ.

Axe
05-20-2023, 08:59 PM
Finals mvps.

WhiteKyrie
05-20-2023, 09:04 PM
Finals mvps.

Right, like 6 > 4

Axe
05-20-2023, 09:17 PM
Right, like 6 > 4
Kareem only has two, you weirdo.

ELITEpower23
05-20-2023, 10:43 PM
LeBron is #1

#2 is Russel

#3 is a toss up between MJ and Kareem. Next question.

CountDracula
05-21-2023, 04:32 AM
https://i.ibb.co/NjcLHnx/2-A39-FBFE-5-B1-A-4-C62-AE7-D-CE1-A10779-D17.jpg (https://ibb.co/fpjCPGM)

SATAN
05-21-2023, 04:40 AM
Crazy how this dude gets owned so badly he has to revisit the Photoshop alt...

CountDracula
05-21-2023, 04:51 AM
https://i.ibb.co/6FGCmCX/572-A7-C8-B-0968-4-DE5-8-FCA-BB0-C7-FE93256.jpg (https://ibb.co/JH8JKJ3)