PDA

View Full Version : One person voted Denver in 4

90sgoat
05-20-2023, 11:03 PM
Guess who :lol

Only one person on the entire forum voted Denver in 4.

Wally450
05-20-2023, 11:05 PM
AW gonna be melting if he doesn't get to make the Finals thread.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2023, 11:07 PM
OP literally thought Harden was still on the Nets this season.

90sgoat
05-20-2023, 11:08 PM

Wasn't me

Full Court
05-20-2023, 11:09 PM
Guess who :lol

Only one person on the entire forum voted Denver in 4.

Believe me, I'm hoping for the sweep as much as anybody, but it ain't over yet.

Full Court
05-20-2023, 11:09 PM

Wait.....Harden's not on the Nets????

3ba11
05-21-2023, 12:45 AM
Passers like Magic or Lebron need all-time scorers to pass to and a passer's need for scoring help is exacerbated by being too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams.

For example, Magic was massively-upset when he tried to carry the scoring load against KJ's Suns in 1990, which was similar to Lebron losing the 2009 ECF and therefore never beating a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs vs top teams in 2 decades).

Otoh, expert jumpshooters like Curry, Kobe, or MJ can score 40 while the ball moves and teammates assist them, so their superior brand can beat top teams at carry-job volume and therefore win with less scoring help, aka secondary-producers at sidekick that can't achieve elite averages like Wiggins, Pippen or Pau - this lesser production forces the 1st option to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load on championship level), which Lebron never did.

In addition to carrying the scoring load and therefore needing less scoring help, expert jumpshooters also need less help because they don't impose spot-up roles, so their skillset has the teammate development, fits and strategic capacity/coaching to win organically.. Otoh, Lebron's imposition of spot-up roles stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (can't win organically via chemistry & teammate development, so he needs more help).