PDA

View Full Version : CONFESSION: I still get chills when Lebron throws that chalk in the air

FultzNationRISE
05-20-2023, 11:12 PM
I know his teammates let him down again tonight and theyre in an 0-3 hole, but lets not put too much importance on wins and losses for a minute.

When this game tipped off, for the 20th year in a row, I got to watch a legendary Warrior walk to the scorers table, and in front of thousands of adoring fans, signal the beginning of battle by blasting a cloud of white smoke into the air high above his head. The crowd went nuts and it was beautiful.

I wont lie to you: I wept tears of joy at that moment. Because it’s been such an inspiration, and deep down I know at this point we’re closer to the end than to the beginning. And there will NEVER… be another King like Lebron.

Lets not worry about shooting percentages or who won or who lost tonight.

Lets just appreciate Greatness.

HIS greatness :applause:

Full Court
05-20-2023, 11:17 PM
I get chills every time he clanks a three or bricks a layup.

I've gotten lots and lots of chills this playoffs. :roll:

jmcwilliams
05-20-2023, 11:30 PM
From now on when Lebron chucks up a three I would like to see it recorded as a turnover. If basketball is all about momentum then this series loss is directly on Lebrons shoulders.

He isnt playing point the way that he has in the past. He used to slow the game down and set up each play. I actually think that
"bronball" would be a winning strategy against Denver.

Full Court
05-20-2023, 11:36 PM
From now on when Lebron chucks up a three I would like to see it recorded as a turnover. If basketball is all about momentum then this series loss is directly on Lebrons shoulders.

He isnt playing point the way that he has in the past. He used to slow the game down and set up each play. I actually think that
"bronball" would be a winning strategy against Denver.

I've been saying all season that he's dead weight dragging the team down.

His fans still won't believe me.

elementally morale
05-20-2023, 11:37 PM
I know his teammates let him down again tonight and theyre in an 0-3 hole, but lets not put too much importance on wins and losses for a minute.

When this game tipped off, for the 20th year in a row, I got to watch a legendary Warrior walk to the scorers table, and in front of thousands of adoring fans, signal the beginning of battle by blasting a cloud of white smoke into the air high above his head. The crowd went nuts and it was beautiful.

I wont lie to you: I wept tears of joy at that moment. Because it’s been such an inspiration, and deep down I know at this point we’re closer to the end than to the beginning. And there will NEVER… be another King like Lebron.

HIS greatness :applause:

Eloquently said. :cheers:

jmcwilliams
05-20-2023, 11:46 PM
I've been saying all season that he's dead weight dragging the team down.

His fans still won't believe me.

I probably wouldnt go that far. Bron comes from my area so I have been a fan, but he is clearly old now. He cannot impose his will and win a game anymore. They are going to have to use him differently in the future and soon he may need to accept a pay decrease and be willing to come off the bench. Honestly he should consider retiring soon. Nothing left to do or prove.

elementally morale
05-20-2023, 11:49 PM

That would be splitting hairs. Or heirs?

FultzNationRISE
05-20-2023, 11:55 PM
That would be splitting hairs. Or heirs?

Bingo.

Winning is a fad, it’s a trend.

It was cool back in 2012, 2013. It made a bit of a comeback in 2016 and again in 2020.

But right now it is definitely not hot. It’s just whatever. Nobody cares about it, and they shouldnt. Society has more important thing to worry about. There are kids starving in other places in the world right now, who cares what Lebrons “three points basketball shooting percentage” is.

We need to keep perspective.

kawhileonard2
05-20-2023, 11:56 PM
The same chalk MJ used to do.

elementally morale
05-20-2023, 11:59 PM
Bingo.

Winning is a fad, it’s a trend.

It was cool back in 2012, 2013. It made a bit of a comeback in 2016 and again in 2020.

But right now it is definitely not hot. It’s just whatever. Nobody cares about it, and they shouldnt. Society has more important thing to worry about. There are kids starving in other places in the world right now, who cares what Lebrons “three points basketball shooting percentage” is.

We need to keep perspective.

Talking about perspective, on top of world hunger you still haven't mentioned LGBTQ+ rights and a separate restroom for all 73 genders. That's what the discussion on this board should be about. Scores and so called 'games' notwithstanding. Life has so much more to it than 'games'. It's a bloody serous business.

red1
05-21-2023, 12:01 AM
you guys are weird.

jmcwilliams
05-21-2023, 12:03 AM
you guys are weird.

Ill tell you what's weird. This is the second time in Lebron's career that a giant white dude kicked his ass.

FultzNationRISE
05-21-2023, 12:05 AM
Ill tell you what's weird. This is the second time in Lebron's career that a giant white dude kicked his ass.

Not really.

Maybe his teammates’ ass, but Lebron doesnt take an L for that.

elementally morale
05-21-2023, 12:06 AM
you guys are weird.

You're just stumbling in the dark. Let the light in and watch your life change for the better. :cheers:

red1
05-21-2023, 12:07 AM

ehh its easy to like the nuggets. everyone counted them out so good for them.

and for the record jamal murray shooting 4/5 from three that 4th quarter game 2 was pretty important too.

red1
05-21-2023, 12:07 AM
You're just stumbling in the dark. Let the light in and watch your life change for the better. :cheers:

actually no. I came in just to congratulate the nuggets fans. if there are any.

elementally morale
05-21-2023, 12:14 AM
actually no. I came in just to congratulate the nuggets fans. if there are any.

I'm more of a Jokic fan but he had a really subpar game today his revival in the 4th notwithstanding. I like the brand of basketball Denver plays but to be honest I would not call myself a Nuggets fan. I do have a dog in this fight but that's Nikola Jokic. I guess that makes me a stan but I don't mind. On the other hand I wanted the Heat or the 76ers to come out the East. The Heat because of Butler and the 76ers to see an Embiid-Jokic duel in the Finals. I'd be really surprised if the Heat could beat the Nuggets. Both the 76ers or the Celtics are a tougher matchup for them, I think. But it seems to be the Joker's year.

red1
05-21-2023, 12:19 AM
yeah nuggets are winning

too much firepower for miami IMO

elementally morale
05-21-2023, 12:22 AM
yeah nuggets are winning

too much firepower for miami IMO

Just posted this in another thread:

Zeller and Adebayo against the Joker is pretty one-sided. If I were Spo I'd put Butler on Murray and not ask for many points but lockdown defense. Like seriously lockdown, limiting Murray to an average of 15 or less points on 35% shooting. Jokic they have no hope of stopping. The rest of the team, maybe. But it's hard to imagine the Heat can keep up in the scoring department. 98 points per game won't cut it, there is no chance they can keep the Nuggets under 100 points in a series.

I wonder if it's a great minds think alike thing or it's just basic common sense. :cheers:

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 12:46 AM
I get chills every time he clanks a three or bricks a layup.

I've gotten lots and lots of chills this playoffs. :roll:

:roll: :roll: