PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers could desperately use Dillon Brooks next season

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 01:40 AM
Lakers should run it back next year, replace inconsistent Anthony Davis with someone dependable like Kyrie Irving.

Sign Dillon Brooks who made all nba defense team while his stock is low and fill out the roster with household names like Tristian Thompson, JR Smith and give Lonnie Walker the 6th man role.

I can see this Laker team making some serious noise in the West next season.

PG: Irving | Schroeder
SG: Smith | Walker
SF: Brooks | Gabriel
PF: James | Hachimura
C: Vanderblit | Thompson

Akeem34TheDream
05-21-2023, 01:55 AM
Is Ilgauskas still around? Maybe they can get him too.

RRR3
05-21-2023, 02:16 AM
Is Ilgauskas still around? Maybe they can get him too.
He'd score better than Dillon Brooks.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-21-2023, 03:13 AM
Lakers should run it back next year, replace inconsistent Anthony Davis with someone dependable like Kyrie Irving.

Sign Dillon Brooks who made all nba defense team while his stock is low and fill out the roster with household names like Tristian Thompson, JR Smith and give Lonnie Walker the 6th man role.

You know Thompson is already on the roster. JR Smith? Dillon, what has he done but shoot bricks, we already have Vando.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 03:16 AM
You know Thompson is already on the roster. JR Smith? Dillon, what has he done but shoot bricks, we already have Vando.

All NBA defense team

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Brooks actually isn't a bad shout. They can probably get him on the low and give him a chance to redeem himself.

I would go in a different direction and get rid of a 38/39 y.o washed superstar who's constantly disrupting the flow of the offense in big moments. Lakers need to get younger and move on from the Bran circus.

SATAN
05-21-2023, 03:38 AM
I HATE the Lakers!!! :mad:

:facepalm

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 11:13 AM
Brooks actually isn't a bad shout. They can probably get him on the low and give him a chance to redeem himself.

I would go in a different direction and get rid of a 38/39 y.o washed superstar who's constantly disrupting the flow of the offense in big moments. Lakers need to get younger and move on from the Bran circus.

Brooks has a lot of potential. He made All NBA defense team this season and his stock is low. Lakers and Pelinka would be smart to pick up Brooks for cheap.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:16 AM
All the frustration OP had during the playoffs is finally coming out. LeBron making Brooks look like a fool, LeBron proving to Curry he isn't in his class. OP didn't like it.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:19 AM
All the frustration OP had during the playoffs is finally coming out. LeBron making Brooks look like a fool, LeBron proving to Curry he isn't in his class. OP didn't like it.

Bran averaged 25/9/6, Curry 27/6/8. Steph didn't have a superstar teammate who could put the pressure on the opposing team on both sides of the court. AD has been carrying these entire Playoffs and Bran keeps doing his best Westbrick imitation in 4th quarters.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 11:21 AM
Bran averaged 25/9/6, Curry 27/6/8. Steph didn't have a superstar teammate who could put the pressure on the opposing team on both sides of the court. AD has been carrying these entire Playoffs and Bran keeps doing his best Westbrick imitation in 4th quarters.

LeBrick

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:21 AM

Warriors were favorites before the series started.

LeBron was the best player on the floor in the most important game, game 6.

He showed once again why he is one of the greatest closeout game players ever while Kobe was one of the worse.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:22 AM

He showed once again why he is one of the greatest closeout game players ever while Kobe was one of the worse.

AD was clearly the best player in that game. You're not fooling anyone.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 11:23 AM

Nice try. Anthony Davis has been the Lakers best player these playoffs. It's not even close

Also Kobe sitting on 5 rings and a clutch reputation only Lebron can dream of sniffing. I understand why you're upset though.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:25 AM
AD was clearly the best player in that game. You're not fooling anyone.

No he wasn't. I'm actually objective unlike you. AD has been our best player in this playoff run, but that game 6 was all LeBron.

Do you want me to remind you how bad Kobe was in closeout games?

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 11:26 AM

Get it done Pelinka

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:43 AM
Looks like ImKobe logged out once I threatened to post Kobe's closeout game stats. :lol

Foster5k
05-21-2023, 12:11 PM
Nah. They gotta keep Bron, AD, and Reaves. Bron still got at least 2 years left of elite play.

They need to find a way to get Kyrie. DLo, Hachimura, and Schröder prob gone. Rob prob can find some pieces to fill those roles. Will not be as deep but starting 5 will prob be best in the league.

Kyrie
Reaves
Bron
AD
Vanderbilt

Kyrie, Bron, AD best trio in league. Then you have Reaves emerging into a star player. If Rob can swing it, I got 2024 Lakers winning it all.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 12:13 PM
Nah. They gotta keep Bron, AD, and Reaves. Bron still got at least 2 years left of elite play.

They need to find a way to get Kyrie. DLo, Hachimura, and Schröder prob gone. Rob prob can find some pieces to fill those roles. Will not be as deep but starting 5 will prob be best in the league.

Kyrie
Reaves
Bron
AD
Vanderbilt

Kyrie, Bron, AD best trio in league. Then you have Reaves emerging into a star player. If Rob can swing it, I got 2024 Lakers winning it all.

That's not how NBA salary cap works...

Lakers need to trade Anthony Davis for Kyrie Irving to match salaries.

Foster5k
05-21-2023, 12:15 PM
That's not how NBA salary cap works...

Lakers need to trade Anthony Davis for Kyrie Irving to match salaries.
Nah. I'm sure there a way to keep AD and get Kyrie. Aint no way Lakers giving up AD.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 12:16 PM
Nah. I'm sure there a way to keep AD and get Kyrie. Aint no way Lakers giving up AD.

Then Lakers can trade Lebron for Kyrie. Take your pick.

Also why do you care so much about the Lakers? I thought you were a Miami heat fan.

BallsOut
05-21-2023, 02:30 PM
LeBron needs Kyrie to save him once again.

Full Court
05-21-2023, 05:38 PM
They should sign Ben Simmons too while they're at it.

BallsOut
05-22-2023, 09:21 AM
As Dave Chappelle would say, Dillon Dillon Dillon

That’s what the Lakers priority should be this offseason.

ImKobe
05-22-2023, 09:24 AM
Looks like ImKobe logged out once I threatened to post Kobe's closeout game stats. :lol

Literally no one cares about you spamming the same numbers that also include Kobe's close-out numbers from his early seasons. You dickride Bran, who brought the Lakers 1 ring as one of the co-stars while shitting on the guy who played 20 years in LA and got them 5. You're no Laker fan and you're not fooling anybody.

BallsOut
05-23-2023, 01:12 AM
Lakers could use Dillon Brooks to defend against Jamal Murray. I expect a hard push for Brooks this off-season for the Lakers front office.

BallsOut
05-23-2023, 10:52 AM
They should sign Ben Simmons too while they're at it.

Simmons would be a good choice as well. Another all-star LeBron needs to defend.

Airupthere
05-23-2023, 10:55 AM
LeMooooaaarrrrrr Haaallppp!!!! :roll:

BallsOut
05-23-2023, 11:10 AM

Would love to see Brooks next to LeBron on the Lakers. They look like brothers.

BallsOut
05-23-2023, 11:42 AM
No he wasn't. I'm actually objective unlike you. AD has been our best player in this playoff run, but that game 6 was all LeBron.

Do you want me to remind you how bad Kobe was in closeout games?

At least you finally admitted Anthony Davis was the Lakers best player these playoffs.

BallsOut
05-23-2023, 11:42 AM

Get it done Pelinka

BallsOut
05-25-2023, 01:20 PM
It’sa party in my city yeah

BallsOut
05-25-2023, 03:24 PM

LeBron needs a new superteam. He’s played on a superteam 17 out of his 20 nba seasons. Chances are he’ll somehow play on another superteam next season.

Airupthere
05-25-2023, 03:26 PM
LeBron needs a new superteam. He’s played on a superteam 17 out of his 20 nba seasons. Chances are he’ll somehow play on another superteam next season.

LeWarRoom is probably already in operation as we know. He'll be in another superteam for sure. He knows no other way.

Must be a long call list for Bran, AD, and Dudley :oldlol:

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 03:42 PM
LeWarRoom is probably already in operation as we know. He'll be in another superteam for sure. He knows no other way.

you've found the zen in you, and have realized that all you speak about is the Lakers getting swept.

it is known

BallsOut
05-25-2023, 03:47 PM
you've found the zen in you, and have realized that all you speak about is the Lakers getting swept.

it is known

It is known

BallsOut
05-26-2023, 08:46 AM

Lol Jared Dudley

BallsOut
05-27-2023, 04:59 PM

Brooks is kinda similar to Dudley but a better defender

BallsOut
05-28-2023, 11:10 AM

it is known

It is known

GimmeThat
05-28-2023, 11:25 AM
It is known

you enjoying that appletini, are ya

BallsOut
05-28-2023, 11:32 AM
you enjoying that appletini, are ya

Yessir

BallsOut
05-28-2023, 02:50 PM
Dillon Dillon Dillon

-Chapelle

Ass Dan
05-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Carlos Boozer available?

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Possibly replace a few guys with Dudley, playoff Rondo, and need more shooting, maybe Waiters?.

BallsOut
05-30-2023, 09:39 AM
Carlos Boozer available?

Nah he retired

BallsOut
05-30-2023, 09:40 AM
Possibly replace a few guys with Dudley, playoff Rondo, and need more shooting, maybe Waiters?.

Brooks is a better defender than Dudley. Walker can fill the Rondo role.

BallsOut
05-31-2023, 05:53 PM

Get it done Pelinka

BallsOut
06-01-2023, 09:25 AM
Dillon Dillon Dillon

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Lebron can help Dillon expand his offernsive game and blossom into the prolific scorer that Brooks thinks he can become

SATAN
06-05-2023, 06:49 PM
Do you not realize you're wasting your own time while just showing everyone how much of a ****ing dickhead you must be?

People are avoiding your posts just like people avoid you irl. It's because you're an idiot of epic proportions.

Honestly, you're better off doing something else. This is just sad. Maybe some self reflection (or rehab) might help.

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 06:52 PM
Do you not realize you're wasting your own time while just showing everyone how much of a ****ing dickhead you must be?

People are avoiding your posts just like people avoid you irl. It's because you're an idiot of epic proportions.

Honestly, you're better off doing something else. This is just sad. Maybe some self reflection (or rehab) might help.

You sound angry. Calm down dawg it's just basketball

SATAN
06-05-2023, 06:55 PM
You sound angry. Calm down dawg it's just basketball

No, really. You are a ****ing dickhead irl and I hope you can improve.

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 06:58 PM
No, really. You are a ****ing dickhead irl and I hope you can improve.

Why are you fuming so hard? Chill little man

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-05-2023, 06:59 PM
He spam and talks to himself, also double's down on his stupidity too.....this ****en guy.

SATAN
06-05-2023, 07:01 PM
He spam and talks to himself, also double's down on his stupidity too.....this ****en guy.

A worthless waste of oxygen if there ever was one. :durantunimpressed:

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 07:03 PM

I must have hit a nerve methinks :roll:

Step outside for once. It's only basketball not that serious dawg. Just cuz lebron failed don't mean you did too

SATAN
06-05-2023, 07:08 PM
Step outside for once.

Says the guy who is literally talking to himself on a basketball forum.

****ing pathetic weirdo.

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 07:12 PM
Says the guy who is literally talking to himself on a basketball forum.

****ing pathetic weirdo.

I can see that you are very upset right now. Please refrain from hurting yourself or those around you. It'll be okay son

SATAN
06-05-2023, 07:21 PM
I can see that you are very upset right now. Please refrain from hurting yourself or those around you. It'll be okay son

Yeah dude, so upset.

You know what you are. That's all that matters, scumbag.

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 09:39 PM
Yeah dude, so upset.

The first step to any problem is acceptance. Good job kid

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 09:41 PM

Good points. What NBA team would trade for LeBron with 56 mill on his contract next season though?

BallsOut
06-18-2023, 12:11 AM
Pelinka gotta get Dillon Brooks to the Lakers by all means

1987_Lakers
06-18-2023, 12:24 AM
Dillon Brooks?

:roll:

BallsOut
06-19-2023, 12:04 AM
Dillon Brooks?

Put some respec on his name

Full Court
06-19-2023, 06:05 AM
Dillon Brooks?

A player on the Grizzlies who is a better three point shooter than Lebron.

BallsOut
06-22-2023, 01:33 PM
Dillon Brooks to the Lakers get it done Rob Pelinka

BallsOut
06-23-2023, 01:44 PM
Dillon has Hollywood written all over him. Did y’all see the way he walked that red carpet on the playoffs? Great fit