PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Murray is having a phenomenal Conference Finals

Lebron23
05-21-2023, 07:54 AM
Jamal Murray is having a phenomenal Conference Finals Not even Kobe and Wade averaged 35 ppg in the Conference finals. He is the Nuggets best player in the Conference Finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkPbcAGyBNE

Airupthere
05-21-2023, 08:00 AM
Yes. Jamal murray is a 6’3 guard and he scored 37 pts in the last game of the Conference Finals. If he scored 3 more pts, that would be 40 in the Conference Finals..

Lebron23
05-21-2023, 08:06 AM
Yes. Jamal murray is a 6’3 guard and he scored 37 pts in the last game of the Conference Finals. If he scored 3 more pts, that would be 40 in the Conference Finals..

My 13 years old son favorite nba player

Airupthere
05-21-2023, 08:12 AM

Is good. My favorites is Murray also because he was better than Kobe and Wade combine. Anyway, my nephews is excited to watch Denver Nuggets Iverson. I have his shoes before. And jersey too.

Full Court
05-21-2023, 08:28 AM

Yes. But if he scored 7 points less, he would have scored 30 in the Conference Finals.

90sgoat
05-21-2023, 09:11 AM
Yes, I take back my accusations of him being a choker.

He might never have been a choker, just wildly inconsistent, where before he could be trash one game and great the other, but now the swings seem to be only on quarter to quarter, which makes it much better.

Great player and seems to have the right mindset and passion for winning.

He does seem to fit the Tony Parker to Jokic's Duncan.

PP34Deuce
05-21-2023, 09:33 AM
He's very good. I'd say a half step below kyrie but similar player minus the headaches.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 10:54 AM
Kobe averaged 33/7/7 when the swept the Spurs in '01 so I'd say that was more impressive considering he didn't shoot 3s and did it in a tougher era and lived at the rim vs. Duncan & D-Rob.

Jamal's been the best player in this series so far though so he deserves respect. It's a shame that Bran is the 4th best player in this series because AD and Jokic are a wash while Bran's efficiency is the worst out of the 4 stars due to all the 3s he's bricked.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Kobe averaged 33/7/7 when the swept the Spurs in '01 so I'd say that was more impressive considering he didn't shoot 3s and did it in a tougher era and lived at the rim vs. Duncan & D-Rob.

Jamal's been the best player in this series so far though so he deserves respect. It's a shame that Bran is the 4th best player in this series because AD and Jokic are a wash while Bran's efficiency is the worst out of the 4 stars due to all the 3s he's bricked.

I remember you saying the bubble was a fluke because Murray balled out. You should be ashamed of yourself.

FultzNationRISE
05-21-2023, 10:58 AM

Jokic has been a top 2 player on his team.

AD is behind Bron, Reaves, Schroeder and Hachimura :(

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:02 AM
Jokic has been a top 2 player on his team.

AD is behind Bron, Reaves, Schroeder and Hachimura :(

AD is averaging 29/14/3/1.3 stls 2.7 blocks on 62.1%TS

He leads the team in everything but assists and his production is on par with what he gave them in 2020. Bran is the one who's playing below his averages due to his 15% 3PT chucking.

tpols
05-21-2023, 11:03 AM
Murray was awesome in the 1st half, having 30 on awesome shooting. He only had 7 2nd half points. It was still a great game though, it's refreshing to see a midrange player like jamal. Prime Kobe and Wade have had series like this though. They were far more physically talented.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:04 AM
I remember you saying the bubble was a fluke because Murray balled out. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Apparently it was because Bran has been terrible at shooting the 3 this entire Playoff run while he made his 3s in the bubble. So many wasted possessions.

tpols
05-21-2023, 11:04 AM
AD is averaging 29/14/3/1.3 stls 2.7 blocks on 62.1%TS

He leads the team in everything but assists and his production is on par with what he gave them in 2020. Bran is the one who's playing below his averages due to his 15% 3PT chucking.

Bron tried dueling Yolk on 3s in that 4thQ and got buried. Big mistake.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:06 AM
Apparently it was because Bran has been terrible at shooting the 3 this entire Playoff run while he made his 3s in the bubble. So many wasted possessions.

So you admit you made that dumb statement. Thanks.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:07 AM
"Butler balled out, it was a fluke"

"Murray balled out, it was a fluke"

:oldlol:

This playoff run has proven how great LeBron is.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:11 AM
Bron tried dueling Yolk on 3s in that 4thQ and got buried. Big mistake.

Another terrible 4th quarter shooting 3s as he went 1 - 4. What really killed them was the 3rd quarter where Murray scored 0 and Jokic was out with foul trouble. They also sucked in the 4th Q of Game 2 in the non-Jokic minutes, where Denver went from being down 1 to up 5 or 6 in 2 minutes IIRC. That's what's really going to sting when looking back on this series. Jokic has played well below his standards since the 3rd Q of Game 1 (he was great in the 4th in Game 3 but the Lakers were already dead at that point) and the Lakers still can't win a damn game.

That 3rd quarter is going to give me nightmares. KCP single-handedly kept the Nuggets in it while the Lakers threw the ball away like 3 times in a row. How the **** do you not win that quarter by 10+ points when Murray goes 0-5 for 0 pts and when Jokic is not even in the damn game for over 7 minutes?? I can't believe they played Dlo almost 8 minutes in that quarter man.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:12 AM
"Butler balled out, it was a fluke"

"Murray balled out, it was a fluke"

:oldlol:

This playoff run has proven how great LeBron is.

Bran is like 2 for 30 from 3 in 4th quarters in these Playoffs. Literally cost the Lakers two road games by shooting them out of it in the 4th.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Bran is like 2 for 30 from 3 in 4th quarters in these Playoffs. Literally cost the Lakers two road games by shooting them out of it in the 4th.

He's 38 and injured. AD is in his prime and still has games where he dissappears on offense and LeBron has shown he can guard Jokic while AD hasn't. Embarrassing.

ImKobe
05-21-2023, 11:20 AM
He's 38 and injured. AD is in his prime and still has games where he dissappears on offense and LeBron has shown he can guard Jokic while AD hasn't. Embarrassing.

No excuses. We traded Westbrick because he cost us games in the 4th quarter. We still have a Westbrick on our team and he's being paid 53 mil next year.

tpols
05-21-2023, 11:23 AM
Another terrible 4th quarter shooting 3s as he went 1 - 4. What really killed them was the 3rd quarter where Murray scored 0 and Jokic was out with foul trouble. They also sucked in the 4th Q of Game 2 in the non-Jokic minutes, where Denver went from being down 1 to up 5 or 6 in 2 minutes IIRC. That's what's really going to sting when looking back on this series. Jokic has played well below his standards since the 3rd Q of Game 1 (he was great in the 4th in Game 3 but the Lakers were already dead at that point) and the Lakers still can't win a damn game.

That 3rd quarter is going to give me nightmares. KCP single-handedly kept the Nuggets in it while the Lakers threw the ball away like 3 times in a row. How the **** do you not win that quarter by 10+ points when Murray goes 0-5 for 0 pts and when Jokic is not even in the damn game for over 7 minutes?? I can't believe they played Dlo almost 8 minutes in that quarter man.

Dlo has killed you guys just like poole killed the warriors. When a guy is supposedly a big money player and plays this bad it can single handedly sink the ship.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:24 AM
No excuses. We traded Westbrick because he cost us games in the 4th quarter. We still have a Westbrick on our team and he's being paid 53 mil next year.

The same "Westbrick" that you praised in this post?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496317-LeBron-basically-has-Kobe-s-2013-Lakers-roster-now&p=14407710&viewfull=1#post14407710

AD and Russ shit on Nash & Dwight.

I own you

tpols
05-21-2023, 11:24 AM

He's not injured man. That's an excuse. Guy was sprinting up and down the court so fast and hard he knocked a ref out. And was getting to the cup with ease. Bron just can't reliably make jumpshots on a level that could match Denver shooting acumen.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2023, 11:27 AM
He's not injured man.

Of course he is, I remember him in game 2 yelling in pain while just tying his shoe.

What LeBron has been able to accomplish in this postseason is nothing short of amazing.

tpols
05-21-2023, 11:32 AM
Of course he is, I remember him in game 2 yelling in pain while just tying his shoe.

What LeBron has been able to accomplish in this postseason is nothing short of amazing.

He hasn't had any problem finishing in the paint or blowing by everyone in transition like he did with the Jeff Green And1 in the 2nd half. It's the broke jumper that's killing him right now. If he's injured and still sprinting past whole teams that ain't a real injury. It's a nagging pain that a ton of guys have this late in the season. Jimmy butler sprained his ankle and is still dominating.

Micku
05-21-2023, 12:09 PM

LeBron can guard him in spurts. AD had to guard him constantly. Plus it helps that AD was there on the help.

Philly had to do this too whenever they play the Denver. You can't guard Jokic one on one, but LeBron and Rui did a solid job at it. You just can't expect that all the time. But since they are crowding Jokic, the other guys get good looks. Murray is hot tho. He was scoring from everywhere. But what kills the Lakers are the Nuggets role players for sure.

It's a bad mismatch since AD is their most important defender and Jokic offensive capability just takes away from that. He can drag him out, always moving, and can score on him. And Denver got sharpshooters.

If this was LeBron 2018, I would say the Lakers would either win this or it would be a much closer series. It's amazing to see how an old and injured LeBron play.

Micku
05-21-2023, 12:12 PM
He hasn't had any problem finishing in the paint or blowing by everyone in transition like he did with the Jeff Green And1 in the 2nd half. It's the broke jumper that's killing him right now. If he's injured and still sprinting past whole teams that ain't a real injury. It's a nagging pain that a ton of guys have this late in the season. Jimmy butler sprained his ankle and is still dominating.

Totally.

But there are definitely moments where he isn't attacking as much as he did in the RS. I feel like the role players of the Lakers did their job (not D'Lo). Even AD did his job besides putting the clamps on Jokic, but no one could do that this year. It's just Denver is the better team.

ralph_i_el
05-21-2023, 02:35 PM
I like how decisive Murray is. Quick thinking and cold blooded.

LLL3
05-21-2023, 03:49 PM

How did you go from an admitted virgin 10 years ago to now having a 13 year old son?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/9b/e0/ec9be0be86a133b40439e326f067564d.gif

Hey Yo
05-21-2023, 03:59 PM
For someone whose allegedly watched this series, that's a really dumb thing to claim.

Lebron23
05-21-2023, 04:40 PM
How did you go from an admitted virgin 10 years ago to now having a 13 year old son?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ec/9b/e0/ec9be0be86a133b40439e326f067564d.gif

Unlike you I had sex with a female

LLL3
05-21-2023, 05:09 PM
Unlike you I had sex with a female

Don't get mad at me. You were the one who said you were a virgin and never said anything about having a kid until recently despite letting ISH know everything else about your life even though we didn't ask.

Lebron23
05-21-2023, 05:15 PM
Don't get mad at me. You were the one who said you were a virgin and never said anything about having a kid until recently despite letting ISH know everything else about your life even though we didn't ask.

Huh?? Stop making up stories.

Full Court
05-21-2023, 05:36 PM

Westbrook was much better in 4th quarters than LeShrivel has been. How anyone can not see that Bronie is utter dead weight at this point is beyond me.