PDA

View Full Version : So making the conference finals as a 7 seed is a failure

John8204
05-23-2023, 12:47 AM
Just to keep into perspective....the
last time a 5 seed made the conference finals 2013
kast time a 7 seed made the Western Conference finals 1987

Imagine hating a player so much that the idea of a historic underdog run wasn't good enough

Spurs m8
05-23-2023, 12:51 AM
Here's the excuses.

Poor sportsman and a failure

Lottery until he faked his injury.

The more involved he is on offense the more they lose.

LeTeamKiller....enjoy Cancun, you shit cvnt

Airupthere
05-23-2023, 12:51 AM
Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Just try to sleep it off tonight.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 12:55 AM
Losing in the WCF isn't that much of a shame but getting swept is, considering they had the best record in the West since those trades happened and that was with Lebron out for half the games post-ASB.

ShawkFactory
05-23-2023, 12:58 AM
Losing in the WCF isn't that much of a shame but getting swept is, considering they had the best record in the West since those trades happened and that was with Lebron out for half the games post-ASB.

Not totally disagreeing but it became clear that the Nuggets were better. If the Lakers had won tonight and made it a 5 game series does that really matter?

1987_Lakers
05-23-2023, 12:59 AM

And the Lakers had the best record in the West in 2011 after the All-star break, and also got swept.

I guess this is a huge knock on Kobe's legacy as well.

Everything you say, I have a comeback for. You stand no chance.

Naero
05-23-2023, 01:02 AM
It's not a disappointing run overall; it's just not memorable as it could have been. Getting swept in that fashion—with all the close-fought fourth quarters—dampens the luster, especially collapsing in front of the home crowd in the process.

It also doesn't help that the eighth-seeded Heat—who are actually winning their series—are upstaging it with a much more remarkable Cinderella-story run.

RRR3
05-23-2023, 01:06 AM
If AD was as good as you said he was they wouldn't have been swept. Instead you blame the supposedly worse player.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-23-2023, 01:10 AM

You do know having the best record after the trade is masked right? Shouldnt need to think so hard about it should be able to figure it out quik.

John8204
05-23-2023, 02:23 AM
Here's the excuses.

I don't care if you are a Lebron fan or not...this about the reality of seeing something that you may never see again because of a hatred of one player. Low seeds that go far come along once every 10 years or so these bottom seeds making runs...you are likely going to be dead the next time this happens.

So just keep that in perspective

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 02:43 AM
Not totally disagreeing but it became clear that the Nuggets were better. If the Lakers had won tonight and made it a 5 game series does that really matter?

Yeah the Nuggets played better. No shame in losing to them in the WCF if we just qualify it like that, but getting swept and not coming through in any of the 4th quarters is embarrassing tbh.

I'd rather have lost in 5 on the road yeah. This team was too good to get swept like that. It's not like the Nuggets really blew them out in any of these games. Game 1 they had ridiculous 3PT shooting where they kept making tough contested shots as the Lakers clawed back into it at the same time but kept them off by the slimmest of margins, G2 the Nuggets looked dead before Murray turned into Kobe in the 4th, G3 they can't pull away in the 3rd when Jokic is out and Murray goes for 0.. Then G4 same story, they fall apart in the 2nd half and can't close it in crunch time. Just frustrating to watch from start to finish.

I'd rather get destroyed by 20 a game than go through all that.

TheMan
05-23-2023, 02:47 AM
Here's the excuses.

:oldlol:

But tell us how you really feel :lol

TheMan
05-23-2023, 02:50 AM
And the Lakers had the best record in the West in 2011 after the All-star break, and also got swept.

True

You have every anti-Kobe angle covered...pretty weird for a Laker "fan"

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 02:59 AM

Kobe was already running on fumes and injured his ankle in the 1st round.

And yes, 2011 was a huge knock on Kobe at the time, but at least he delivered 3 straight Finals and won B2B before that run. You seem to have more love for a player who helped "your" team win 1 ring (a ring you couldn't even see them win in person, with no parade to boot) in 5 years, where he's missed the Playoffs twice and has finished higher than 7th in the Conference once. Kinda weird how a "Laker fan" would be so down on the most beloved superstar in their franchise history.

ILLsmak
05-23-2023, 04:54 AM
Just to keep into perspective....the
last time a 5 seed made the conference finals 2013
kast time a 7 seed made the Western Conference finals 1987

Imagine hating a player so much that the idea of a historic underdog run wasn't good enough

I feel like an 8 seed has made the cf before, pretty recently.

I'm gonna give you something that is going to change your life: the NBA is trash. It's fake. LeBron is an actor, amazing as he is. We've all seen him sell games. He can put up 40 at 40 ez then lose. Dude's one of the goats. The only GOAT level player (altho obv past his prime) in the NBA now. Shit is wide open, buncha weirdos. Almost everyone else has a gigantic flaw in their game... like Giannis.

Jokic is a beast, but LA is like hup forgot to get a center tho. WE WUZ BUILDING OUR TEAM W/ NO CENTER. ANTHONY DAVIS OUT MUSCLED BY JOKIC FOR THE GM WINNER. It's like... you put ****ing Anthony Davis on Jokic for a game saving play?? It's just dumb. Taller, stronger, high post skill... AD is a beast, don't get me wrong, but that's sad. It's putting him in a position to fail.

So na, no consolation prize. They didn't beat anyone. They got swept. Bos about to get swept, but I think they have more chance of going 4-1 than LAL did. AD is missing HEART.

I'm putting Bron on Jokic and I'm saying play him as hard as you can and make them call the foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77yHYEi62M @ like 3:00, 3:15. Look at the defense they played and then the last shot they gave up. That's unacceptable. I know it's easy to zero in on one moment, but to have AD and a 6 ft dude at the rim at that point in the game is RIDICULOUS.

Then watching Bran walk the ball up the court. WOW. It's like somewhere in basketball school they stopped teaching people that you ONLY HOLD THE BALL WHEN IT'S TIED OR YOU ARE AHEAD. OTHERWISE YOU SCORE FAST. Game 7 and you're gonna do that? Plus he had Jokic. Dude doesn't even have his hands up.

Nah this means nothing to me. BUMS!!

Edit: and w/ 38 sec in the paint v Gordon, AD isn't even looking for the ball.

-Smak

HylianNightmare
05-23-2023, 05:09 AM
It is when an 8 seed makes the finals

Axe
05-23-2023, 05:46 AM
Getting swept as a first seed is a lot worse if anything.

John8204
05-23-2023, 06:17 AM
I feel like an 8 seed has made the cf before, pretty recently.

I'm gonna give you something that is going to change your life: the NBA is trash. It's fake. LeBron is an actor, amazing as he is. We've all seen him sell games. He can put up 40 at 40 ez then lose. Dude's one of the goats. The only GOAT level player (altho obv past his prime) in the NBA now. Shit is wide open, buncha weirdos. Almost everyone else has a gigantic flaw in their game... like Giannis.

Jokic is a beast, but LA is like hup forgot to get a center tho. WE WUZ BUILDING OUR TEAM W/ NO CENTER. ANTHONY DAVIS OUT MUSCLED BY JOKIC FOR THE GM WINNER. It's like... you put ****ing Anthony Davis on Jokic for a game saving play?? It's just dumb. Taller, stronger, high post skill... AD is a beast, don't get me wrong, but that's sad. It's putting him in a position to fail.

So na, no consolation prize. They didn't beat anyone. They got swept. Bos about to get swept, but I think they have more chance of going 4-1 than LAL did. AD is missing HEART.

I'm putting Bron on Jokic and I'm saying play him as hard as you can and make them call the foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77yHYEi62M @ like 3:00, 3:15. Look at the defense they played and then the last shot they gave up. That's unacceptable. I know it's easy to zero in on one moment, but to have AD and a 6 ft dude at the rim at that point in the game is RIDICULOUS.

Then watching Bran walk the ball up the court. WOW. It's like somewhere in basketball school they stopped teaching people that you ONLY HOLD THE BALL WHEN IT'S TIED OR YOU ARE AHEAD. OTHERWISE YOU SCORE FAST. Game 7 and you're gonna do that? Plus he had Jokic. Dude doesn't even have his hands up.

Nah this means nothing to me. BUMS!!

Edit: and w/ 38 sec in the paint v Gordon, AD isn't even looking for the ball.

-Smak

The Knicks, and Heat both made/are going to make the finals...but that's in the east.