PDA

View Full Version : Bron put up 28/10/10 on 60% TS against the Nuggets

StrongLurk
05-23-2023, 10:41 AM
As an old man on one foot...pretty wild.

No lie though, his prime is officially DONE. Curious to see how the rest of his career plays out. He'll have to settle for second best all time. What a legend. I think he should try to squeeze two more years out so he can maybe at least play one game sharing the court with Bronny. Would be insane to see.

Nb1
05-23-2023, 11:01 AM
As an old man on one foot...pretty wild.

No lie though, his prime is officially DONE. Curious to see how the rest of his career plays out. He'll have to settle for second best all time. What a legend. I think he should try to squeeze two more years out so he can maybe at least play one game sharing the court with Bronny. Would be insane to see.

Pretty crazy knowing that he kept Jokic on 16,7% with 3 TO in the first 2 games too.

Too bad the team was just a no show other than Reeves and Rui in a few games...

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 11:02 AM
He shot 7/23 FG/40.66%TS in 4th quarters.

Story of this series honestly.. couldn't close when it mattered, and it wasn't just him but the Lakers really blew 4 straight games that could have gone either way.

Airupthere
05-23-2023, 11:03 AM

Story of this series honestly.. couldn't close when it mattered, and it wasn't just him but the Lakers really blew 4 straight games that could have gone either way.

This is the most important part

StrongLurk
05-23-2023, 11:10 AM

Agreed, Denver was clearly better but the series should not have been a sweep. Lakers could've won game 2 and 4 for sure if they had good play in the 4th quarters.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2023, 11:15 AM
He was fine. His 3pt shooting was just way off; worst it's been since 2015. His stroke this entire season has been shaky. Hopefully, LeBron gets back to that 35-37% on 5-8 attempts region.

tpols
05-23-2023, 11:15 AM
He had a good series but you guys need to stop with the injury excuses. The man was out sprinting everybody up and down the court all game long except the 4thQs when he was gassed. He shot like crap from 3 so most of his points were slashing around getting to the cup. You don't do that if you have some big injury.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2023, 11:21 AM
LeBron and AD proved they still have it. They just couldn't close in the clutch. Let's hope LA learned from their mistake and keep this team together. Kyrie's not Westbrook, but getting him will lose them their depth.

Keep the core, make small adjustments.

TheMan
05-23-2023, 11:28 AM
28/10/10 on 60% TS, just looking at that you'd rightly think that player was the best player that series without any context. That's why you just can't go by stats alone, that's always been one of our beefs with LeBron stat nerds. In fact, he had very little positive impact in any of the four games 4th quarters as ImKobe points out. You can say he's old, he's gassed but facts are facts.

Manny98
05-23-2023, 11:29 AM

Exactly context matters, didn't deliver when it counted the most

TheMan
05-23-2023, 11:40 AM
He had a good series but you guys need to stop with the injury excuses. The man was out sprinting everybody up and down the court all game long except the 4thQs when he was gassed. He shot like crap from 3 so most of his points were slashing around getting to the cup. You don't do that if you have some big injury.

Yeah, no way he moves around like that if he had some sort of injury, those are just excuses from his fluffers. That's why I would argue he hang em up now. He's only going to damage his legacy going forward. He doesn't have anything left to prove. Most career points, most playoffs points, 4 MVPs, 4 FMVPs, 4 rings...he got close to the GOAT but fell short, overall great career but it is what it is. If he keeps going, he's gonna lower his career averages, he's going to be more injury prone and leave a lasting impression that he can't close out games.

I never saw KAJ in his prime, I just remember him as the old guy who was always the last Laker to get on offense/defense, jogging 10 seconds after everyone was at their positions already :lol

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2023, 11:45 AM
Yeah, no way he moves around like that if he had some sort of injury, those are just excuses from his fluffers. That's why I would argue he hang em up now. He's only going to damage his legacy going forward. He doesn't have anything left to prove. Most career points, most playoffs points, 4 MVPs, 4 FMVPs...he got close to the GOAT but fell short, overall great career but it is what it is. If he keeps going, he's gonna lower his career averages, he's going to be more injury prone and leave a lasting impression that he can't close out games.

I never saw KAJ in his prime, I just remember him as the old guy who was always the last Laker to get on offense/defense, jogging 10 seconds after everyone was at their positions already :lol
Nah, he should play until he's legitimately no longer an All-NBA caliber player. I hated when Brady retired the first time because he was still a top 4 QB in the league and an MVP caliber player. After last seasons shit show, it was pretty inarguable it was time to hang it up :lol Why throw away the last 1-2 years he (maybe) has left as a top 10-15 player, he can spend the rest of his life being retired afterwards.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2023, 11:56 AM
The standards people have for a 38 year old is remarkable. :oldlol:

This truly proves Bron is the GOAT.

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:01 PM
Nah, he should play until he's legitimately no longer an All-NBA caliber player. I hated when Brady retired the first time because he was still a top 4 QB in the league and an MVP caliber player. After last seasons shit show, it was pretty inarguable it was time to hang it up :lol Why throw away the last 1-2 years he (maybe) has left as a top 10-15 player, he can spend the rest of his life being retired afterwards.

These last games are glimpses of what LeBron will be, and it will get worse. A more fitting role would be coming off of the bench so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games but he would have to swallow his ego. I don't think he wants to be a guy who spends any considerable of time on the bench though, he wants to be a starter and play heavy minutes like he has done all his career...

nineiron
05-23-2023, 12:02 PM

if age is the issue, why did he play so many minutes? is it because he doesn't care about the team?

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:04 PM

I'm arguing he should either retire or now have a different role, coming off the bench, 6th man. I hated when MJ came back, he did nothing for his legacy except be the oldest dude to score 40 pts in a game.

Airupthere
05-23-2023, 12:06 PM
if age is the issue, why did he play so many minutes? is it because he doesn't care about the team?

One-trick pony. A lot of excuses about a fake injury, fatigue and all that. He should be managing all of these factors.

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2023, 12:07 PM
These last games are glimpses of what LeBron will be, and it will get worse. A more fitting role would be coming off of the bench so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games but he would have to swallow his ego. I don't think he wants to be a guy who spends any considerable of time on the bench though, he wants to be a starter and play heavy minutes like he has done all his career...
Coming off the bench :biggums: This dude just averaged 25/10/7 in a playoff run he helped lead his team to the conference finals. You're literally acting like he's Melo or something :lol He's obv not what he once was but he's still a legitimately elite player who maybe needs his minutes staggered a little bit.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2023, 12:08 PM
I'm arguing he should either retire or now have a different role, coming off the bench, 6th man. I hated when MJ came back, he did nothing for his legacy except be the oldest dude to score 40 pts in a game.

:roll:

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:12 PM
Coming off the bench :biggums: This dude just averaged 25/10/7 in a playoff run he helped lead his team to the conference finals. You're literally acting like he's Melo or something :lol He's obv not what he once was but he's still a legitimately elite player who maybe needs his minutes staggered a little bit.

Why was his 4th quarters so poor? The injury excuse is pure BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up anymore.

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:14 PM
:roll:

When he plays a lot less minutes next year if he doesn't retire, I'll point out this post...saving it now to my phone :lol

1987_Lakers
05-23-2023, 12:16 PM
Why was his 4th quarters so poor? The injury excuse is pure BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up anymore.

He played 48 minutes last night. Having this dude come off the bench when most stars in this league play around 34-36 mpg in the regular season doesn't make any sense. He's not gonna be playing 48 minutes in every regular season game.

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2023, 12:17 PM
Why was his 4th quarters so poor? Injury is BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be a fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up.
I don't think any team he's on could afford to have him cut down his minutes drastically, he's too critical to the success of the team. They ideally should have been able to cut his minutes with a prime AD but he legitimately no showed half the playoffs offensively. Not that I agree with the decision strategically, but Ham felt like he needed to play this dude 48 minutes last night to stave off elimination :lol Which should tell you how valuable he still is. I would agree they should somewhat stagger his minutes, play him anywhere from 36-40 a night in the playoffs.

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:23 PM
He played 48 minutes last night. Having this dude come off the bench when most stars in this league play around 34-36 mpg in the regular season doesn't make any sense. He's not gonna be playing 48 minutes in every regular season game.

There you go, they need to cut down his minutes big time. Flip side is his numbers will go down but the fresher he is at the end of the game, the more impact full his numbers will be. Like I said bro, I don't hate LeBron, my dislike for him stems from him being on a rival of my Bulls and denying my Bulls a title shot in 2011. LeBron can still ball, amazing at his age but they need to manage his minutes and surround him with more talent so that they don't crumble when he's resting. The obvious reason he plays too much minutes at this stage of his career is because they rely on him to heavily. :cheers:

TheMan
05-23-2023, 12:24 PM
I don't think any team he's on could afford to have him cut down his minutes drastically, he's too critical to the success of the team. They ideally should have been able to cut his minutes with a prime AD but he legitimately no showed half the playoffs offensively. Not that I agree with the decision strategically, but Ham felt like he needed to play this dude 48 minutes last night to stave off elimination :lol Which should tell you how valuable he still is. I would agree they should somewhat stagger his minutes, play him anywhere from 36-40 a night in the playoffs.

I agree

3ba11
05-23-2023, 12:37 PM
those stats mean literally nothing if the player was AIDS when the game was tight down the stretch (last 5 within 5, aka clutch-time)

for Lebron's entire career, he suffered from a predictable attack in the clutch that included worst-ever jumpshooting efficiency and the goat turnover machine.. For example, he averaged 12 turnovers per game in clutch-time of the 2009 ECF

I haven't looked up Lebron's clutch-time stats in this series but I'm pretty sure they're all-time horrific

Akeem34TheDream
05-23-2023, 01:02 PM
Lebron is easily a top 10 player still. He has 2 more years in him at least.

And1AllDay
05-23-2023, 01:11 PM

mental illness spotted

dankok8
05-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Lebron being 38 and his great final game last night mask the level of decline in these playoffs.

Per 75
RS: 29.0 pts, 8.3 reb (1.2 o), 6.8 ast, 0.9 stl, 0.6 blk on 58.3 %TS (+0.2 rTS) with 3.2 tov
PS: 23.3 pts, 9.4 reb (1.5 o), 6.2 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.1 blk on 58.4 %TS (+0.3 rTS) with 2.4 tov

His scoring rate declined almost 6 points per 75 in the playoffs. His defense did go up a notch for sure but his effort was inconsistent on that end and still 23/9/6 per 75 aren't great numbers. Top 10-15 ish type of numbers in the current league environment.

As others pointed out he was also horrid in the clutch in this series. He gave the Lakers almost nothing in the 4th quarters and all the games were at least somewhat close in the 4th so some criticism is warranted there.

Best 38 year old ever? Yea sure. It's between him and Kareem. But I'm not gonna pretend like he had a great postseason individually. He is a shell of even 2020 Lebron.

warriorfan
05-23-2023, 02:20 PM
28/10/10 on 60% TS, just looking at that you'd rightly think that player was the best player that series without any context. That's why you just can't go by stats alone, that's always been one of our beefs with LeBron stat nerds. In fact, he had very little positive impact in any of the four games 4th quarters as ImKobe points out. You can say he's old, he's gassed but facts are facts.

this