PDA

View Full Version : Is a Mental Disorder responsible for Hatred of Top Stars

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 10:46 AM
I started watching when Michael Jordan was playing and I don't remember people hating Jordan. They feared him, they resented him; but they didn't jeer him irrationally every time he lost, because end of the day they knew he was a great player; it was indisputable.

Then again, the Internet wasn't around in those days.

It's possible the anonymity of the Internet allows for people an outlet for their insecurities in a way that IRL never did. For example, in the early 90's, if you walked around saying "Jordan sucks", people would laugh and think you were joking. If you persisted, they would consider you insane and ignore you.

On the Internet, you can say those things about LeBron or Curry, and not only would you be spared the indignities you would face IRL, you might even find some other deranged types who agree.

I've said my fair share of critical things, pointing out deficiencies in certain players- but I'm talking about a pathological hatred for certain players, where you revel in every loss or shortcoming.

The only thing I can think of is you can say obviously untrue things online and never face any social consequence. There is no feedback loop.

3ba11
05-23-2023, 10:50 AM
Did Jordan team up with opponents?

Did he team up with Magic and Bird?

Did he team up with Kareem or Hakeem?

Did he fail to win the conference with homecourt and then take the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team?

How can Lebron fans not understand why fans don't like his deck-stacking and completely coddled ass?'

It's absurd how blind people are

Lebron never persevered with a young, old or bad team - he bounced whenever it got tough and therefore had an advantage over guys like that were forced to toil away with ordinary casts.

Wardell Curry
05-23-2023, 10:50 AM
To echo your point, the internet allows people to behave in the same crazy way they do when they're behind the wheel of a car. Very similar psychological phenomenon of letting your crazy fly free with illusion that you are safe to do so.

People don't behave this way in person because of the underlying understanding that physical violence could break out at any moment.

3ba11
05-23-2023, 10:52 AM
To echo your point, the internet allows people to behave in the same crazy way they do when they're behind the wheel of a car. Very similar psychological phenomenon of letting your crazy fly free with illusion that you are safe to do so.

People don't behave this way in person because of the underlying understanding that physical violence could break out at any moment.

Did he fail to win the conference with homecourt and then take the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team?

How can Lebron fans not understand why fans don't like his deck-stacking and completely coddled ass?'

Lebron never persevered with a young, old or bad team - he bounced whenever it got tough and therefore had an advantage over guys like that were forced to toil away with ordinary casts.

Wardell Curry
05-23-2023, 10:54 AM

Lebron never persevered with a young, old or bad team - he bounced whenever it got tough

LeBron, without question, does some things that make it easier to hate him, but people like you keep their crazy in check while in person because you know it would go. On here you just let it flow without cessation.

ImKobe
05-23-2023, 10:55 AM

How can Lebron fans not understand why fans don't like his deck-stacking ass?'

Exactly.

Jordan was undeniable. Yes, he had a ton of haters (Pistons, Celtics & Laker fans) in the 80s before he won his championships. A lot of people questioned his impact on winning despite the numbers he put up before he proved it in the Playoffs. Guess what, Jordan never lost with HCA & never lost in the Finals & had two three-peats. He also didn't try to paint himself as the GOAT, he didn't need to.

If Bran wasn't a pathological liar and a flopper he'd have less haters.

WhiteKyrie
05-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Certain ones aren’t likable for different reasons?

Airupthere
05-23-2023, 10:58 AM
People hated Jordan from a competitive standpoint on the court.

People clown Lebron as a backfire for all the BS that he does.

SouBeachTalents
LeBron, without question, does some things that make it easier to hate him, but people like you keep their crazy in check while in person because you know it would go. On here you just let it flow without cessation.
This assumes he has interactions in person.

3ba11

Lebron stacked the deck and teamed up with opponents, so it's literally deranged and clinically crazy to be in denial of this and not understand why people hate a deck-stacker, flopper, liar, resume-manufacturer and someone that is completely coddled in every way

Btw, I'm 6'7" former athlete and professional analyst - a lot of people come up to me and say that I look like Lebron, so I'm just at a higher level than you can comprehend - that's why I frequently predict things on the nose, while you're always surprised at things that happen.. everything that happens is largely expected by me

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2023, 11:02 AM

:roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2023, 11:06 AM
Otherwise "normal" posters flying off the handle because of their irrational hatred. Saw it last night and even now this morning.

These people will put on an 'objective' façade for MONTHS. :oldlol: But secretly wait to pile on.

Clearly internet anonymity accentuates it.

BigShotBob
05-23-2023, 11:07 AM
Not everyone liked MJ especially when he first came into the league. He was great and all but nobody thought he'd win because they figured even with the right team around him he'd care about scoring.

I've said several times that I wasn't an MJ fan at all. I was a Detroit Pistons/Isiah Thomas fan though

If you didn't play like Magic and Bird and if you weren't a generational big, then we thought you couldn't win. Plus the attention he received was borderline pompous.

But he proved everyone wrong.

Lebron is cool but he mainly proves doubters right even when he wins because of how he goes about it

tontoz
05-23-2023, 11:08 AM
Not everyone liked MJ especially when he first came into the league. He was great and all but nobody thought he'd win because they figured even with the right team around him he'd care about scoring.

If you didn't play like Magic and Bird and if you weren't a generational big, then we thought you couldn't win. Plus the attention he received was borderline pompous.

But he proved everyone wrong.

Lebron is cool but he mainly proves doubters right even when he wins because of how he goes about it

Look who crawled out from his hole :oldlol:

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 11:11 AM

It makes me think that people have an inherent need for adversarialism. The people that claim to hate LeBron or Curry or Doncic may not actually hate them that much; it's just fun for them to attack them and be contrarian. It gives meaning to life (in an unfortunate way).

Just like we fanboy certain players; when they do well, we feel good, it triggers dopamine. In an inverse way, if we decide we hate someone, when they do poorly, it gives a reason to celebrate.

Im so nba'd out
05-23-2023, 11:12 AM
I started watching when Michael Jordan was playing and I don't remember people hating Jordan. They feared him, they resented him; but they didn't jeer him irrationally every time he lost, because end of the day they knew he was a great player; it was indisputable.

It's possible the anonymity of the Internet allows for people an outlet for their insecurities in a way that IRL never did. For example, in the early 90's, if you walked around saying "Jordan sucks", people would laugh and think you were joking. If you persisted, they would consider you insane and ignore you.

On the Internet, you can say those things about LeBron or Curry, and not only would you be spared the indignities you would face IRL, you might even find some other deranged types who agree.

I've said my fair share of critical things, pointing out deficiencies in certain players- but I'm talking about a pathological hatred for certain players, where you revel in every loss or shortcoming.

The only thing I can think of is you can say obviously untrue things online and never face any social consequence. There is no feedback loop.

I’m not gonna lie, when I got so much joy out of watching the Celtics lose.I thought to myself “this is not normal. I should not be this invested in a sports team.” I also was very upset about the sixers losing this year. I never got this mad, even over the kawhi game 7 shot. I just said “welp” and got over it. I told myself next year I will never let this happen again. I will never get this invested in my team again lol. Shit is weird. Not for me

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2023, 11:13 AM

Don't forget, Jordan never held a primetime press conference to announce where he would play next.

So yeah, LeBron's hate stems from his massive ego that he's completely clueless about. Mix that in with his chirping on political and social issues that Jordan stayed away from, you can see how LeBron can rub some people the wrong way.

Yeah, I hated Jordan. But I hated him cause he was that damn good. He was ice cold. But I respected the hell out of him and acknowledge his greatness.

sdot_thadon
05-23-2023, 11:16 AM

Something really strange tied to hero worship that was huge in the old world. Celebs all had an untouchable mystique to them in previous generations and maybe fans felt unworthy of the level of criticism they fling now at athletes and celebs in general. They all appear more accessible and give away alot of who they are and people respect them less as monoliths. I feel like some of the modern fans look down of players strange as that may be. Floyd, Kobe and Lebron were the 1st I ever saw get this treatment.

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Is it a mental disorder to find someone’s personality, decisions, and tactics distasteful enough to be worthy of scorn ? Lol

Y’all niccas the ones with the mental disorder.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2023, 11:19 AM
At a certain point there’s an issue. Nothing happening in sports should generate the kinda repetitiveness and obsession some people show. It’s as tribal as politics…except politics matter. Someone untrustworthy might get the nuclear codes. A politician can put your business under….**** with your kids school…change your taxes…rights. Sports? It’s not that important. But people will not let go of the same argument for literal decades at a time.

There is definitely something weird about it at a certain point. I can’t imagine letting someone I never met walk around knowing I hated on them specifically 35,000 times over a basketball. Something of no real importance.

That isn’t being a sports fan anymore. That’s taking a weird personal interest. I don’t know what to call it but it’s…something.

nineiron
05-23-2023, 11:19 AM
please.

if there were no internet, Lebron would have ZERO fans. it's only because of the media and bran stans that he gets the attention.

any person with half a brain knows he's a talentless POS.

sdot_thadon
05-23-2023, 11:21 AM
please.

if there were no internet, Lebron would have ZERO fans. it's only because of the media and bran stans that he gets the attention.

Exhibit A

Wardell Curry
05-23-2023, 11:24 AM

Absolutely right. I'm not even sure how he ever made the league in the first place.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2023, 11:24 AM
Is it a mental disorder to find someone’s personality, decisions, and tactics distasteful enough to be worthy of scorn ? Lol

Y’all niccas the ones with the mental disorder.

To have enough of an issue with it to do it like 30-40 thousand times almost exclusively about that one person m? Yes there’s probably an issue.

I don’t like a lot of people. I’m not gonna repeat why I don’t like them multiple times every day for the next 15 years. It would get old.

Something probably has to be broken for it not to get old.

I really don’t **** with Karl Malone. I ran out of things to say about it years ago. I’m not gonna just keep talking about it.

I can see reasons to dislike Lebron, Kobe, Jordan or whoever you want. I don’t see reason to say say “6/24” 16,000 times.

tpols
05-23-2023, 11:26 AM
I mean... you're that way towards Durant and arguably jokic who you said wasn't a great player and that "he was just solid".

Wardell Curry
05-23-2023, 11:27 AM
I don’t like a lot of people. I’m not gonna repeat why I don’t like them multiple times every day for the next 15 years. It would get old.

I don’t see reason to say say “6/24” 16,000 times.

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 11:31 AM
To have enough of an issue with it to do it like 30-40 thousand times almost exclusively about that one person m? Yes there’s probably an issue.

Something probably has to be broken for it not to get old.

I really don’t **** with Karl Malone. I ran out of things to say about it years ago. I’m not gonna just keep talking about it.

I can see reasons to dislike Lebron, Kobe, Jordan or whoever you want. I don’t see reason to say say “6/24” 16,000 times.Surely we have some mentally ill, OCD posters here, but ordinary, non-excessive hating on a superstar, whose actions/behavior/playstyle/etc that we find distasteful, is totally normal, it’s just amplified by the Permanence/persistence of social media posts. That can be viewed as brand new months and years later on twitter and such … and give the naive reader the feeling that it’s worse now than it’s ever been.

As a kid in the 90’s … every time I went to the barber shop I’d hear somebody hating mega hard on some opposing player to the Bulls/Bears/Sox etc shit ain’t change at all … it just has a farther, more persistent reach thanks to technology.

Gudo
05-23-2023, 11:35 AM
Surely we have some mentally ill, OCD posters here, but ordinary, non-excessive hating on a superstar, whose actions/behavior/playstyle/etc that we find distasteful, is totally normal, it’s just amplified by the Permanence/persistence of social media posts. That can be viewed as brand new months and years later on twitter and such … and give the naive reader the feeling that it’s worse now than it’s ever been.

As a kid in the 90’s … every time I went to the barber shop I’d hear somebody hating mega hard on some opposing player to the Bulls/Bears/Sox etc shit ain’t change at all … it just has a farther, more persistent reach thanks to technology.

What this thread really means to say is, why are you hating on the player I am stanning? Making it seem like anyone that calls out Lebron for all his BS is on the wrong side. Extreme stanning and fanaticism can equally be debated as a mental disorder.

BigShotBob
05-23-2023, 11:37 AM
Look who crawled out from his hole :oldlol:

Met a wonderful woman that was a friend of a friend awhile back. Just got back from vacationing in Honolulu with her. Been behind on events. How's Lebron doing?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2023, 11:38 AM
What this thread really means to say is, why are you hating on the player I am stanning? Making it seem like anyone that calls out Lebron for all his BS is on the wrong side. Extreme stanning and fanaticism can equally be debated as a mental disorder.

No. What it means is you can dislike a player without being an obsessive creeptard :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
05-23-2023, 11:45 AM
Surely we have some mentally ill, OCD posters here, but ordinary, non-excessive hating on a superstar, whose actions/behavior/playstyle/etc that we find distasteful, is totally normal, it’s just amplified by the Permanence/persistence of social media posts. That can be viewed as brand new months and years later on twitter and such … and give the naive reader the feeling that it’s worse now than it’s ever been.

I personally know people who hate or love athletes to weird degrees it just isn’t an all the time thing. The biggest haters and fans I know won’t almost exclusively talk about that.

I have a friend who feels like a bigger Brady fan than anyone here is a fan of anyone. But that isn’t all he will talk about. He won’t drag any mention of like….Drew Brees…back to Brady.

People in person aren’t prone to repeat themselves that often to the same argument they read yesterday. I can barely talk to people here about 200 post arguments we had 10 years ago. I’m not about to do the shit again every 2 days. Dudes on here in a blood feud talking to the same people from yesterday about the same subject using the same rebuttals against the same points.

How many times does a normal person keep saying and pushing back on 1-9 or 4/10 and the merits of it?

Let’s say it’s 18 times.

These dudes will do it for 14 hours a day…26 days a month…for 9 years.

Wardell Curry
05-23-2023, 11:50 AM
Dudes on here in a blood feud talking to the same people from yesterday about the same subject using the same rebuttals against the same points.

How many times does a normal person keep saying and pushing back on 1-9 or 4/10 and the merits of it?

Let’s say it’s 18 times.

These dudes will do it for 14 hours a day…26 days a month…for 9 years.

BarberSchool
05-23-2023, 11:50 AM
^Can we be certain those accounts in question aren’t bots ? Lol

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-23-2023, 11:51 AM
Hating, discrediting a professional athlete every chance they get, yea I would say their mental plays a apart. Before it was Kobe, now it's focused on Lebron. Someone they never met, but act like their gf left them to be a groupy or something.

Ray Allen, KG, Paul Pierce and Curry, Durant, Klay, Green, Iggy all stacked the deck but their not talked about. Focus on discrediting 10 finals appearances compare to a player who only made it there once or twice. Lebron really broke their mental.

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 12:53 PM
Something really strange tied to hero worship that was huge in the old world. Celebs all had an untouchable mystique to them in previous generations and maybe fans felt unworthy of the level of criticism they fling now at athletes and celebs in general. They all appear more accessible and give away alot of who they are and people respect them less as monoliths. I feel like some of the modern fans look down of players strange as that may be. Floyd, Kobe and Lebron were the 1st I ever saw get this treatment.

Interesting point. I think there's something to that. Time was to see Jordan you had to watch the game at that specific time to catch his greatness. Or otherwise see a minute or two of highlights on TV afterwards. If he was speaking, you wanted to listen because when else would you get the chance.

Today, you can see 5,000 clips of LeBron- the good, the bad and the ugly. And then you have the comments section and social media where people people can create their own "Anti" narratives. The players themselves engage in social media themselves, and people can tell them off- a dynamic unthinkable in the Jordan era.

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 12:54 PM
Too many Funny, insightful comments to respond to.

Soundwave
05-23-2023, 12:59 PM
Jordan did have plenty of haters back in the 80s/90s (not as good as Magic/Bird, can't win, scoring champs can't win titles, nice dunks but not team basketball, etc. etc. etc.).

The thing is he just so thoroughly dismantled those criticisms. When you win 6 championships, a championship in each full season you've played, it just is like nuclear bomb being dropped on the critics. It's 6 titles in 7 seasons played (6/6 in full seasons) is just too much dominance. They just can't withstand it.

And the nature of the championships were also some what story book in a way, beating Magic head to head the first time, beating Drexler head to head, beating Barkley and threepeating (something Magic or Bird or Kareem or frankly LeBron and Curry and Hakeem couldn't do), losing to Orlando and people saying you're done and then coming back with 72-10 regular season and sweeping Orlando out, last two titles at an older age, plus the game winning shot in '98 to seal the championship ... there's just too many legendary moments.

LeBron just hasn't been able to win consistently enough, 4 championships is OK, but spread out over 20 years and only one repeat title ... it's just not the same.

Plus LeBron and Durant will never be allowed to live down the super-teaming, running off to different situations type of thing. It just is what it is, fans of LeBron and Durant should just accept there's a big chunk of sports fans that simply are going to give you the stink eye for that no matter what.

People want to see organically grown champions.

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 01:00 PM
At a certain point there’s an issue. Nothing happening in sports should generate the kinda repetitiveness and obsession some people show. It’s as tribal as politics…except politics matter. Someone untrustworthy might get the nuclear codes. A politician can put your business under….**** with your kids school…change your taxes…rights. Sports? It’s not that important. But people will not let go of the same argument for literal decades at a time.

There is definitely something weird about it at a certain point. I can’t imagine letting someone I never met walk around knowing I hated on them specifically 35,000 times over a basketball. Something of no real importance.

That isn’t being a sports fan anymore. That’s taking a weird personal interest. I don’t know what to call it but it’s…something.

Wonder if we're building our personalities based on what we hate these days as much as what we like.

Someone asked a question on Twitter the other day about city we would love to visit and city we never wanted to visit. I was taken aback by how much rage people had towards some city they had never been to, but probably formed their view based on some Cable News account or Internet meme.

People apparently have irrationally strong hatreds towards particular cities as well; wonder how far the whole thing extends.

Phoenix
05-23-2023, 01:02 PM
Btw, I'm 6'7" former athlete and professional analyst - a lot of people come up to me and say that I look like Lebron, so I'm just at a higher level than you can comprehend - that's why I frequently predict things on the nose, while you're always surprised at things that happen.. everything that happens is largely expected by me

Were you fired when you said Curry was the most overrated player ever? BTW, this is probably the shittiest form on the internet in terms of discourse, and even by the gutter standards around here this is the cringiest shit I've seen in awhile.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2023, 01:04 PM
Wonder if we're building our personalities based on what we hate these days as much as what we like.

Someone asked a question on Twitter the other day about city we would love to visit and city we never wanted to visit. I was taken aback by how much rage people had towards some city they had never been to, but probably formed their view based on some Cable News account or Internet meme.

People apparently have irrationally strong hatreds towards particular cities as well; wonder how far the whole thing extends.

Yeah, unfortunately people can be somewhat irrational.

Like I remember this one guy accused Giannis of secretly bleaching his skin. And he'd claim there were all these subliminal racist messages in the TV commercials. And the refs were all out to protect white players. And Udoka wasn't punished for sending harassing messages to a woman who broke off a relationship, but rather because the woman was entirely caucasian and Udoka is like 70% caucasian.

People like that, they develop obsessions and see what they want to see.

What can ya do?

3ba11
05-23-2023, 01:04 PM
Were you fired when you said Curry was the most overrated player ever? BTW, this is probably the shittiest form on the internet in terms of discourse, and even by the gutter standards around here this is the cringiest shit I've seen in awhile.

I intentionally posted it that way to make people like you mad

Phoenix
05-23-2023, 01:05 PM
I intentionally posted it that way to make people like you mad

Yes, my entire day is now ruined. Idiot.

999Guy
05-23-2023, 01:06 PM

Who in the **** would you actually compare to Hakeem, Kareem, Magic or Bird that he's actually played with?

He might've gotten one year of the last prime season of Wade. Then 3 years of Wade playing zombie level as a lead guard with diminished athleticism like Westbrook. Then a chucking retard in Kyrie, a decent all-star in Love, and a year and a half of prime Anthony Davis, someone no one would compare to those names before or after his time playing with LeBron.

Just stfu, you don't dislike LeBron due to your love for the integrity and parity of the modern NBA, you'd root for the Olympic team if they faced LeBron and 4 kindergarteners. You just want people to suck Jordan's dick how you've been taught to, forever.

It'll never ever happen. Jordan MIGHT've been the best player of his era. I still would take Hakeem with decent coaching over him.

There were better players before and after him. LeBron isn't even the beginning, Shaq, Duncan, and KG were all better in different ways. LeBron is just the most popular.

Everything gets old, and the memory fades. Less and less people actually give a **** about Jordan by the year. Their reference point will be Kobe, LeBron, then Curry, Kawhi, then Jokic, Luka, then this french freak and whoever else.

HoopologyPhD
05-23-2023, 01:06 PM
I assume most people take themselves too seriously.
I am the opposite, relax have a drink :)

And1AllDay
05-23-2023, 01:10 PM

see exhibit a

nineiron
05-23-2023, 01:11 PM
is this a support group for bronies?

And1AllDay
05-23-2023, 01:16 PM
is this a support group for bronies?

have a seat son this thread is about you...

3ba11
05-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Who in the **** would you actually compare to Hakeem, Kareem, Magic or Bird that he's actually played with?

He might've gotten one year of the last prime season of Wade. Then 3 years of Wade playing zombie level as a lead guard with diminished athleticism like Westbrook. Then a chucking retard in Kyrie, a decent all-star in Love, and a year and a half of prime Anthony Davis, someone no one would compare to those names before or after his time playing with LeBron.

Just stfu, you don't dislike LeBron due to your love for the integrity and parity of the modern NBA, you'd root for the Olympic team if they faced LeBron and 4 kindergarteners. You just want people to suck Jordan's dick how you've been taught to, forever.

It'll never ever happen. Jordan MIGHT've been the best player of his era. I still would take Hakeem with decent coaching over him.

There were better players before and after him. LeBron isn't even the beginning, Shaq, Duncan, and KG were all better in different ways. LeBron is just the most popular.

Everything gets old, and the memory fades. Less and less people actually give a **** about Jordan by the year. Their reference point will be Kobe, LeBron, then Curry, Kawhi, then Jokic, Luka, then this french freak and whoever else.

Kyrie, Wade and AD were franchise players before Lebron joined them, so Lebron always needed cornerstones to play sidekick for him.. He needed to team up with opponents and rivals to win and could never win with secondary producers and regular, organic teammates like Klay, Lowry, Terry or Pippen - these guys could be Lebron's 3rd options but not sidekick because Lebron needs cornerstones at sidekick..

Lebron's skillset simply needs more help because his abnormal ball-dominance for his size/position imposes spot-up roles that doesn't develop teammates, fits, or strategy/coaching, thereby yielding lower team ceilngs/Finals records and needing more help.

jlip
05-23-2023, 01:22 PM
While there have always been "haters" of athletes since the beginning of sports, the difference today is social media. Sports conversation used to be limited to the radio, some TV, the barbershop, the bar, and the backyard. That's basically the way it was until relatively recently. Now with the rise of and ubiquity of social media, message boards, blogs, podcasts, etc., you literally have 24/7 access to sports conversations at your fingertips on your phone, tablet, and computer. We are over saturated with experts, analysts, random bloggers, and even the most ignorant and uniformed sports fans manufacturing and regurgitating narratives creating reasons to "hate" or "stan" certain current athletes. In this age of social media, people are not just free to share their opinions at will, they feel obligated to share how they feel, especially when they don't like a player, and they receive a dopamine rush when they do. And this is not limited to sports, it exists in all facets of society, whether it's with other forms of entertainment such music and movies or politics.

bdonovan
05-23-2023, 02:15 PM
While there have always been "haters" of athletes since the beginning of sports, the difference today is social media.

Since everything has already been said, as you said there is a saturation of thought on sports given social media, maybe taking the role of the critic is what some feel they have to do to say something new. Personally I benefit from critics to some degree- to hear the flaws of a player I might not have thought about. The deranged types though are far more noise than signal.

Real Men Wear Green
05-23-2023, 05:22 PM
I guess being stupid and irrational could be qualified as a mental disorder but if they were seriously analyzed and answered questions truthfully most of the internet haters wouldn't be qualified as anything. It has a lot to do with the anonymity of the internet and maybe some immaturity.

I remember in my 20s being a "Kobe Hater." That's how I would have characterized myself but I don't hold a candle to the current trolls. I've always thought Bryant was great. Many would say I underrated him but I would never act like he wasn't one of the best players in the league, just not the absolute best. And then as I got older I showed him more and more respect. The things we see the Jordan James and Kobe haters of today say about them are just insane. But a lot of them wouldn't say these things if they were serious.

Hey Yo
05-23-2023, 05:44 PM
All his BS???

what you consider to be bullshit, someone else may think it's no big deal and stupid to be triggered by it.

Spurs m8
05-23-2023, 05:55 PM

This

Axe
05-23-2023, 06:10 PM
The funny thing about it is that the haters literally spend most of the time trolling the guy they never liked more than anything else. And this even extends to whatever he does off the court.

SATAN
05-23-2023, 08:53 PM
MJ stans have always been deeply insecure...

basketballcat
05-23-2023, 09:23 PM
I hear this line of reasoning a lot. Haters act like LeBron invented super teams. He did not.

Here is the crucial bit. People act like LeBron had super teams to overcome regular teams. Nope. Think about that for a bit.

Where did the LeBron superteam hate start? 2011 Miami Heat. Did people forget that the 2008 Boston Celtics had a super team? In 2010, 3 teams had 2 players in the All NBA: Lakers, Heat, & Thunder. In no way was the Heat the lone superteam. Superteams are assembled to face other superteams. :durantunimpressed: Why do people act like superteams are assembled to face G-League teams? One of the teams that LeBron beat was the record-breaking 73-win GSW. :djparty That's a superteam if there ever was one.

On the flip side, some people act like Jordan was some type of lone wolf alpha who slayed opponents by himself. Uhmmm ... no. Ffaaarrrrr from it. Let's take the 96 season for example. The Bulls had 2 players in the All NBA FIRST team. Nobody else had that. The Bulls had THREE players in the All Defensive FIRST team. Nobody else had that. Not even close. In fact, I would expect very limited instances that it ever happened (if at all). Coach of the Year? Bulls. 6th man of the year? Bulls. They had one of the most super of super teams! Stacked as all hell. :lebronamazed:

Why does the hater narrative flip reality?

tontoz
05-23-2023, 09:53 PM
Did people forget that the 2008 Boston Celtics had a super team?

The Cs big 3 were all 30+ playing on bad teams. Only one of them was All NBA at the time ( Garnett made 3rd team in 07).

That isn't even remotely comparable to the top two players in the conference teaming up, and bringing in Bosh who had made 5 straight All Star teams. All 3 guys were in their 20s.

Full Court
05-23-2023, 09:59 PM

Now why do you think it is that LeShrivel is the most disrespected superstar in the history of the sport. Why exactly do you think people don't give him his rezpekt?

basketballcat
05-23-2023, 10:20 PM
The Cs big 3 were all 30+ playing on bad teams. Only two of them were All NBA at the time ( Garnett made 3rd team in 07).

That isn't even remotely comparable to the top two players in the conference teaming up, and bringing in Bosh who had made 5 straight All Star teams. All 3 guys were in their 20s.

Are you high?

Garnett was 3rd in MVP voting in 2008. He was also DPOY. He also made the All NBA FIRST team. Also made the All Defensive FIRST team.

Pierce also made the All NBA and later on the FMVP. Doc Rivers came in 2nd at Coach of the Year.

Ray Allen did his thing, making the 5th most 3s in the league. In fact in the Finals, Ray Allen led everybody in GameScore. 2nd option at much higher efficiency than Pierce.
Pierce: 21.8 ppg at 43.2 FG%
Allen: 20.3 ppg at 50.7 FG%
Allen was lights out shooting at 52.4 3pt%. The only reason Pierce got FMVP is the narrative built around directly matching up against Kobe.

Anyone who says that crew didn't have a "big 3" is a fool pushing a biased narrative. :kobe:

They had a emerging Rondo too, who was the 4th option scoring double digit ppg. Absolutely a stacked super team.

Stop lying, bruh.

Baller789
05-23-2023, 10:24 PM
The funny thing about it is that the haters literally spend most of the time trolling the guy they never liked more than anything else. And this even extends to whatever he does off the court.

Does this logic apply to his stans as well?

Axe
05-23-2023, 10:25 PM
:sleeping

Baller789
05-23-2023, 10:28 PM

But youre not one of those Bronies right?

Axe
05-23-2023, 10:29 PM

Baller789
05-23-2023, 10:31 PM
Right?

Axe
05-23-2023, 10:31 PM
:violin:

bison
05-23-2023, 10:59 PM

I started watching nba in early 90s. Agree with you 100%.

Lebron23
05-23-2023, 11:11 PM
Most of them are going to die soon

Baller789
05-24-2023, 12:14 AM
:violin:

Confirmed.

1987_Lakers
05-24-2023, 12:19 AM
3ball is legit crazy, but it's the ones who never talk about basketball on here and just shit on a player that makes me shake my head. Guys like Spursm8, baller, full court, kawhileonard, nineiron etc... all of these guys have never said anything insightful, never discuss ball on this site and are obviously low IQ. kawaileonard aka Jordansbulls basically got banned on realgm and now trolls on here.

Axe
05-24-2023, 12:53 AM
3ball is legit crazy, but it's the ones who never talk about basketball on here and just shit on a player that makes me shake my head. Guys like Spursm8, baller, full court, kawhileonard, nineiron etc... all of these guys have never said anything insightful, never discuss ball on this site and are obviously low IQ. kawaileonard aka Jordansbulls basically got banned on realgm and now trolls on here.
Yep.

Baller789
05-24-2023, 01:01 AM
Yep.

Hey Axey!

Axe
05-24-2023, 01:05 AM
:confusedshrug:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-24-2023, 01:05 AM

Seriously, 'There is more to life'.

Go to sleep after a all night binge on ish at 8:00am. Wakes up at 9pm, grabs two can of soda, lights up a cigarette, squats on chair in front of computer, shits on a professional athlete, 1am makes a CupNoodle or HotPocket, continue to shit on a nba player, 5am goes watch anime, 6am back on ish, 8am sleep......wash and repeat.

Baller789
05-24-2023, 01:39 AM
:confusedshrug:

Just came by to say how awesome you are.

GimmeThat
05-24-2023, 01:42 AM
the internet is a place where the illiterates thinks they are playing poker/black jack in this giant casino without having the slightlest clue they are playing russian roulette or even slots.

you can say it's run by the FBI at this point

Axe
05-24-2023, 01:47 AM
the internet is a place where the illiterates thinks they are playing poker/black jack in this giant casino without having the slightlest clue they are playing russian roulette or even slots.

you can say it's run by the FBI at this point
Lol

tontoz
05-24-2023, 08:06 AM
Are you high?

Garnett was 3rd in MVP voting in 2008. He was also DPOY. He also made the All NBA FIRST team. Also made the All Defensive FIRST team.

Pierce also made the All NBA and later on the FMVP. Doc Rivers came in 2nd at Coach of the Year.

Ray Allen did his thing, making the 5th most 3s in the league. In fact in the Finals, Ray Allen led everybody in GameScore. 2nd option at much higher efficiency than Pierce.
Pierce: 21.8 ppg at 43.2 FG%
Allen: 20.3 ppg at 50.7 FG%
Allen was lights out shooting at 52.4 3pt%. The only reason Pierce got FMVP is the narrative built around directly matching up against Kobe.

Anyone who says that crew didn't have a "big 3" is a fool pushing a biased narrative. :kobe:

They had a emerging Rondo too, who was the 4th option scoring double digit ppg. Absolutely a stacked super team.

Stop lying, bruh.

Are you really an idiot or just doing a good impression?

BEFORE they joined up Ray Allen and Pierce weren't All-NBA and Garnett was 3rd team. That is a fact.

All-NBA 2006-07

1st Team
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Amar'e Stoudemire

2nd Team
Gilbert Arenas
Chris Bosh
LeBron James
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming

3rd Team
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2007.html

Pierce hadn't been All-NBA since making 3rd team in 2003. Ray Allen was 2 years removed from making All-NBA.

They were all at least 30 playing on crap teams before joining up.

Lebron left a 60 win team to join Wade who already had a ring. They were the two best players in the conference in their 20s.

r0drig0lac
05-24-2023, 12:39 PM
Exhibit A

:lol

FKAri
05-24-2023, 01:50 PM
National media was very controlled back then. Hot idiotic takes were isolated regionally and could only be heard on radio call-in shows or letter to the editor articles on papers. Now that media has turned into a circus all about attention grabbing troll bait(even outside sports), those voices have a platform.

Norcaliblunt
05-24-2023, 03:37 PM
The whole entire professional sports industry is a complete mental disorder on all levels. From the owners, to the coaches, to the players, to the reporters, to the fans. It’s on par with Hollywood.

Just think about how Jordan became the greatest? He created false and delusional narratives in his head to hype himself up for competition. Lol. And people celebrate this behavior.

warriorfan
05-24-2023, 03:39 PM
The whole entire professional sports industry is a complete mental disorder on all levels. From the owners, to the coaches, to the players, to the reporters, to the fans. It’s on par with Hollywood.

Just think about how Jordan became the greatest? He created false and delusional narratives in his head to hype himself up for competition. Lol. And people celebrate this behavior.

All your posts seem like the come from a facebook mom.

Norcaliblunt
05-24-2023, 03:40 PM
I mean if the fans have mental disorders then what do the reporters have? Lol.

Norcaliblunt
05-24-2023, 03:41 PM
All your posts seem like the come from a facebook mom.

Thank you.