PDA

View Full Version : I have finally learned to appreciate Lebron

90sgoat
05-24-2023, 08:19 AM
I admit it.

I no longer hold any animosity towards Lebron.

The thing is, that's because he isn't really relevant anymore as a champion, so the league doesn't rig it for him anymore and the media has cooled it with the GOAT comparisons.

Basically, when Lebron isn't being pandered to by the media and the league, we can appreciate the great basketball player that he is, like how other great basketball players are.

Lebron is a great player, great passer, the best ever in the open floor, or close to it. Elite defender when he wants to.

I ponder how Lebron's career could have turned out without The Decision and Rich Paul and all the media trying to manufacture a GOAT.

I think the most likely career for Lebron without that would have been the role of loveable loser, mostly like Charles Barkley.

He'd lose more than he won, to Spurs, to Warriors, to Lakers, to Boston.

He'd probably win a ring when the stars aligned.

In the end, he'd be ranked in the top 10-20, the same spot I have him ranked now.

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2023, 08:26 AM
I have finally learned to appreciate Lebron

In the end, he'd be ranked in the top 10-20, the same spot I have him ranked now.

ffy

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2023, 09:24 AM
OP thought James Harden still played for the Nets this season.

90sgoat
05-24-2023, 10:06 AM
I think Lebron should go to Mavs and run the bench unit. He can start no problem, but he will stagger with Luka.

Would be fun rooting for LeBench.

nineiron
05-24-2023, 12:15 PM
I admit it.

I no longer hold any animosity towards Lebron.

The thing is, that's because he isn't really relevant anymore as a champion, so the league doesn't rig it for him anymore and the media has cooled it with the GOAT comparisons.

Basically, when Lebron isn't being pandered to by the media and the league, we can appreciate the great basketball player that he is, like how other great basketball players are.

Lebron is a great player, great passer, the best ever in the open floor, or close to it. Elite defender when he wants to.

I ponder how Lebron's career could have turned out without The Decision and Rich Paul and all the media trying to manufacture a GOAT.

I think the most likely career for Lebron without that would have been the role of loveable loser, mostly like Charles Barkley.

He'd lose more than he won, to Spurs, to Warriors, to Lakers, to Boston.

He'd probably win a ring when the stars aligned.

he really isn't though. he hit the genetic lottery, yes. but he is below average as an NBA player. without the stiff arms, refs and travelling - dude would just be another athletic bench player.

90sgoat
05-24-2023, 07:11 PM
he really isn't though. he hit the genetic lottery, yes. but he is below average as an NBA player. without the stiff arms, refs and travelling - dude would just be another athletic bench player.

He's an above average passer.

Spurs m8
05-24-2023, 07:39 PM
Fairly good take tbh

Full Court
05-24-2023, 07:42 PM
He's fringe top 10. No shame in that.

The only shame goes to the Bronie fluffers who refuse to acknowledge any of his many flaws. :confusedshrug:

But yeah, he's a Charles Barkley-level player who happened to accomplish more, therefore gets ranked higher.

90sgoat
05-24-2023, 08:29 PM
He's fringe top 10. No shame in that.

The only shame goes to the Bronie fluffers who refuse to acknowledge any of his many flaws. :confusedshrug:

But yeah, he's a Charles Barkley-level player who happened to accomplish more, therefore gets ranked higher.

Facts.