PDA

View Full Version : Why is Shaq blaming his legal troubles on Steph Curry?

1987_Lakers
05-24-2023, 12:13 PM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/05/shaq-served-stephen-curry-ftx-lawsuit

During the segment, Shaquille O’Neal offered him his congratulations and called Curry his favorite player. But he also told Curry, “Thanks for getting me in trouble. Don’t say nothing. Be quiet.”

But as noted by Underdog Fantasy’s Rob Perez, Shaq and Curry do have a connection. Both were affiliated with the bankrupt company FTX, which was a celebrity-endorsed cryptocurrency giant.

At least $1 billion of client funds went “missing” at the failed firm, per Reuters. Those who lost money joined a class-action lawsuit filed against FTX and its founder Sam Bankman-Fried. The lawsuit alleges over $5 billion in damages on behalf of the class.

Shaq and Curry (as well as Tom Brady, Naomi Osaka, Trevor Lawrence, Shohei Ohtani, and the Warriors) were listed in the lawsuit.

tpols
05-24-2023, 12:28 PM
Shaq and Curry (as well as Tom Brady, Naomi Osaka, Trevor Lawrence, Shohei Ohtani, and the Warriors) were listed in the lawsuit.

It's a big club... and you ain't in it. :lol

#GeorgeCarlin

HoopologyPhD
05-24-2023, 12:38 PM
Same reason he blamed Kobe for runing his marriage

https://www.tmz.com/2008/06/23/shaq-attacks-kobe-you-ruined-my-marriage/

Small level of accountability for the big fella

bdonovan
05-24-2023, 01:42 PM
FTX looked as legit as can be on the surface. Real product many people used. Hard to know the financial shenanigans the founder and team were pulling, esp. given how unregulated crypto is. Funny tho that Steph got Shaq into promoting FTX.

GimmeThat
05-24-2023, 02:01 PM
based on your literacy, you'll even say if Shaq says "I just want out" it means he's out of the closet

plowking
05-24-2023, 07:19 PM
We all have faults as people. Some don't have accountability, etc - but Shaq seems like a good guy at the end of the day.

Seems like he goes out of his way to do nice things for people whenever he can. Man loves cash though - hence he is on every ad and endorses every company he can lol.