PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's 2023 Playoff 3-point %

Full Court
05-24-2023, 09:54 PM
26.4%

And yet he STILL averaged almost 7 attempts per game.

For context, Westbrook shot 35.7% from 3 this this playoffs, and Dillon Brooks shotg 23.8% on 1.7 attempts per game.

Airupthere
05-24-2023, 11:27 PM
26.4%

For context, Westbrook shot 35.7% from 3 this this playoffs, and Dillon Brooks shotg 23.8% on 1.7 attempts per game.

:lebronamazed: this bad and he kept shooting in the 4th

Baller789
05-25-2023, 12:35 AM
Well he is getting older.

So he has less shame.

ImKobe
05-25-2023, 01:20 AM
Well he is getting older.

So he has less shame.

Yeah it's like he only wanted to win these close games if he was the hero. He didn't have the energy to drive so he was gonna chuck up a terrible long 2 or a 3 which had next to no chance of going in instead of letting Reaves and AD cook. The 26.4% doesn't really tell the whole story. He made 2 threes in the 4th for that entire Playoff run combined, and he took a lot of them.

warriorfan
05-25-2023, 02:03 AM
One of the easiest ways to stat pad is get a few random threes to rattle in.

Bron was playing for stats vs trying to win

This is nothing new with his priorities, he’s been doing it for his entire career.

Baller789
05-25-2023, 02:17 AM
One of the easiest ways to stay pad is get a few random threes to rattle in.

Bron was playing for stats vs trying to win

This is nothing new with his priorities, he’s been doing it for his entire career.

Hey at least when his braindead fandom see the boxscores:

Bronie: My hero got a driple double, it can't be his fault!

Rinse, repeat.

Airupthere
05-26-2023, 10:57 AM
26.4%

Is this right?

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 11:07 AM
but the Nuggets turned the ball over more and still won.

BallsOut
05-26-2023, 11:10 AM
26.4%

Bran Stans doing hand stands

StrongLurk
05-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Lebron was bricking threes all year.

And yet, even with bricking threes, for these playoffs Lebron is 9th in PER, 5th in BPM, 7th in winshares, 9th in rebounds per game, and lead the Lakers in points and assists...all at 38 years old. At 38, he was still at least a top 8 player at worst in the playoffs.

Lakers also won 2 rounds as underdogs. I mean sure, the Lebron haters will hate on him for simply breathing. But besides MJ, Lebron clears everyone else in the post MJ era. It's unanimous that MJ is the GOAT and Lebron is second all time.

Most FMVPs, Most MVPS, Scoring Title, Assist Title, 19 all-nba teams...His positives far outweigh his negatives.

nineiron
05-26-2023, 12:02 PM
Lebron was bricking threes all year.

And yet, even with bricking threes, for these playoffs Lebron is 9th in PER, 5th in BPM, 7th in winshares, 9th in rebounds per game, and lead the Lakers in points and assists...all at 38 years old. At 38, he was still at least a top 8 player at worst in the playoffs.

Lakers also won 2 rounds as underdogs. I mean sure, the Lebron haters will hate on him for simply breathing. But besides MJ, Lebron clears everyone else in the post MJ era. It's unanimous that MJ is the GOAT and Lebron is second all time.

Most FMVPs, Most MVPS, Scoring Title, Assist Title, 19 all-nba teams...His positives far outweigh his negatives.

LeBrick had 30 more points than AD in the playoffs, but took 40 more shots.

and the reason why Lebron is always the underdog is because he's a choker.

StrongLurk
05-26-2023, 12:09 PM
LeBrick had 30 more points than AD in the playoffs, but took 40 more shots.

and the reason why Lebron is always the underdog is because he's a choker.

Usually leading scorers on teams take the most shots. AD was too passive which is why he didn't shoot more.

Also hard to be a "choker" and still have 4 FMVPs, 4 MVPS, Scoring Title, Assist Title, 19 all-nba teams, all time leading scorer, and many other playoff records...etc.

But it's okay nineiron, I know you aren't the brightest person around...I'm actually surprised when you say anything more than "Lebron sucks, LMAO".

SouBeachTalents
05-26-2023, 12:15 PM
Usually leading scorers on teams take the most shots. AD was too passive which is why he didn't shoot more.

Also hard to be a "choker" and still have 4 FMVPs, 4 MVPS, Scoring Title, Assist Title, 19 all-nba teams, all time leading scorer, and many other playoff records...etc.

But it's okay nineiron, I know you aren't the brightest person around...I'm actually surprised when you say anything more than "Lebron sucks, LMAO".
Has he?

Duffy Pratt
05-26-2023, 12:33 PM

In three of the four games in this last series, he had excellent chances to carry the day. Each time he came up short (even when it looked like he could ice one of the games with a brilliant steal, but a missed layup). I won’t call him a choker, but in this series he was decidedly not clutch. Of all the records you point to, the only one that has anything to do with clutch performance are the FMVPs, and frankly, I don’t think they truly track that either.

When it comes to clutch performances for a single on the line game, the gold standard has to be Bill Russell. And if it’s for down to the wire moments in crucial games, then it’s Sam Jones. LeBron has had a couple of such performances, but not this year.

StrongLurk
05-26-2023, 12:44 PM
In three of the four games in this last series, he had excellent chances to carry the day. Each time he came up short (even when it looked like he could ice one of the games with a brilliant steal, but a missed layup). I won’t call him a choker, but in this series he was decidedly not clutch. Of all the records you point to, the only one that has anything to do with clutch performance are the FMVPs, and frankly, I don’t think they truly track that either.

When it comes to clutch performances for a single on the line game, the gold standard has to be Bill Russell. And if it’s for down to the wire moments in crucial games, then it’s Sam Jones. LeBron has had a couple of such performances, but not this year.

There is no doubt Lebron did not close games in the Denver series and he absolutely had his chances...but Lebron does have the most game winners all time in the playoffs and has had enough clutch moments in his playoff career to be considered clutch.

When you think of "chokers", you are supposed to think of non-winners or guys who NEVER competed when the brights got light for the most part (James Harden comes to mind first in this era). Lebron James absolutely has had choking moments in his career, but everyone has had a lot of those same moments, except for maybe MJ who definitely has less than everyone else.

HoopologyPhD
05-26-2023, 12:47 PM
Almost exactly Kobe's stats for an ENTIRE SEASON!

jlip
05-26-2023, 12:56 PM
Look at MJ's 1997 playoff 3 pt% with a shortened line.

HoopsNY
05-26-2023, 01:50 PM
Look at MJ's 1997 playoff 3 pt% with a shortened line.

Exactly; he shot 19% in 1997 in the playoffs (still his prime) with a shortened line, but somehow this looks bad for LeBron?

:lol