PDA

View Full Version : Is it the consensus that the 2021 Lakers would have won the title barring ADs injury?

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2023, 06:14 AM
They led the Suns 2-1 and they were tied at home with 50 seconds left in the first half when he went down...

Do you think they win the championship, or:

1) still lose to the Suns
2) lose to the Leonard-less Clippers
3) lose to the Bucks

Vote in the poll!

coastalmarker99
05-25-2023, 06:36 AM
The consensus is that the Nets would have stomped everyone in the playoffs that season had Harden and Kyrie not gotten hurt.

In the first round when all three were healthy

Durant was putting up 32 points on 55% shooting, 50% from three.

Even Harden was dominating with a super efficient 28 points a game, 11 assists, on 55% shooting, 48% from three.

Kyrie as a 3rd option was averaging 25 points on 48% shooting, 39% from three.

Their offense was utterly insane and even Joe Harris was shooting 50% from three too

ImKobe
05-25-2023, 07:08 AM
Yeah I would have given them a decent shot. At a minimum they make the Finals, given the injuries to the Nuggets & Clippers. Lakers didn't have as much firepower as this year's team did, but they had Caruso, Drummond, Wes Matthews & Marc Gasol, so I think they could have done a decent job at limiting Giannis. Lakers had the #1 defense despite the Bran & AD injuries that season which is wild.

Akeem34TheDream
05-25-2023, 07:21 AM
The consensus is that the Nets would have stomped everyone in the playoffs that season had Harden and Kyrie not gotten hurt.

Even Harden was dominating with a super efficient 28 points a game, 11 assists, on 55% shooting, 48% from three.

Their offense was utterly insane and even Joe Harris was shooting 50% from three too

I agree they were too stacked to fail that year.

StrongLurk
05-25-2023, 07:26 AM

This right here.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2023, 07:32 AM

not enough of a sample size with them though. We dont know how they would fare in the payoffs against an eite team when a series would be cose.

The Nets beating the Lakers was not a consensus in 2021 at all.

But anyway, irrelevant. The Nets werent in the way.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2023, 07:33 AM
Yeah I would have given them a decent shot. At a minimum they make the Finals, given the injuries to the Nuggets & Clippers. Lakers didn't have as much firepower as this year's team did, but they had Caruso, Drummond, Wes Matthews & Marc Gasol, so I think they could have done a decent job at limiting Giannis. Lakers had the #1 defense despite the Bran & AD injuries that season which is wild.

I watched some of the Suns game 2 highlights, things were looking bright here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCpwLkWiqY&pp=ygUYc2NocsO2ZGVyIHZzIHN1bnMgZ2FtZSAy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXW6TnnJDZ0&pp=ygUXZHJ1bW1vbmQgdnMgc3VucyBnYW1lIDI%3D

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 07:36 AM
no, they had Lebron as a 2, that even when he did play the 3, the set up for shot selection would have been similar to Barkley.

reminder, Lebron is a career .345% 3pt shooter, that's still over 1 pt per shot attempt, which is above .500% on 2s

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2023, 07:36 AM
Can a mod make the poll public, is this possible?

Airupthere
05-25-2023, 07:37 AM
Lol, giving bran an imaginary ring now based on AD not getting an injury? I thought bran can take any ragtag group to the finals? Then why is it contingent to AD not getting injured?

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2023, 07:38 AM
Lol, giving bran an imaginary ring now based on AD not getting an injury? I thought bran can take any ragtag group to the finals? Then why is it contingent to AD not getting injured?

Can you answer the question or not? Why are you making up stuff in your head that has nothing to do with the premise?

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 07:43 AM
Can you answer the question or not? Why are you making up stuff in your head that has nothing to do with the premise?

pretty much what people sound like when they forget their wallet when the bill gets there

you hear that silent? it's people washing dishes

plowking
05-25-2023, 07:49 AM
Who cares - they didn't.

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 07:52 AM
Who cares - they didn't.

they've now resorted to using spit to put out the house on fire