PDA

View Full Version : Did Lebron announce retirement so the focus wasn't on him getting swept?

Legend248
05-25-2023, 01:07 PM
Real question, yall know Im not a lebron fan, but even Ill admit that he is very calculated when he posts or says things (90% of the time when hes not capping) so I'm guessing he only said he would retire so nobody (especially the media) doesn't bring up how he got swept and shot less than 10% from 3?

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 01:33 PM
no, you just pay attention to things that don't matter at all no matter what people announce. not sure how you keep up with that gimmick.

JohnMax
05-25-2023, 01:37 PM
No I believe he's retiring for real. NBA has been dropping hints all season long.

They honored him at All-Star game along with Malone and Kareem under the guise of top 3 scorers all-time.
They made those Father Time commercials.
They had his best friend and fellow draft mate Carmelo Anthony announce his retirement on LeBron's last game.

baudkarma
05-25-2023, 01:44 PM
To the best of my knowledge, LeBron didn't announce his retirement, he just hinted that he is thinking about it. Honestly, it's not unusual for someone who's been in the league for as long as he has to be considering retirement after getting swept in the playoffs.

Two reasons I think he won't retire. First of all, you know he wants a Kobe/Dirk kind of farewell tour. He will announce he's retiring before his final season, protest that he doesn't want any special treatment, but you know damn well there will be some sort of ceremony during his last game at every stop on the schedule.

Also, last August James signed a two-year deal with the Lakers that will pay him $97 million. The contract takes effect next season. I know he's not exactly hurting for cash, but that kind of money is difficult to pass up.

Legend248
05-25-2023, 01:49 PM
Why did homie delete his posts? Too scared? Exactly, next time shut your bitch ass up before speaking

1987_Lakers
05-25-2023, 01:51 PM
Why did homie delete his posts? Too scared? Exactly, next time shut your bitch ass up before speaking

You snitched to the mods.

Dbrog
05-25-2023, 01:52 PM
Bron has always been a bit Shaqlike in this sense where he's obviously good at basketball due to his size but rarely worked on honing his skills. Both of them always seemed to prioritize the business side of things instead which honestly I can't knock when you see the mogul Shaq is today. Think Bron is on record saying he wants to own a team one day...you don't do that unless you find a way to make a crapload of money OUTSIDE of just playing basketball

GimmeThat

odd coming from a person that considers everything to be worthy

Lebron23

https://i.postimg.cc/fWYdfHjz/NN56Q9S.png

AlternativeAcc.
05-25-2023, 01:54 PM

:roll:

Taking one from the welfarefan playbook. These dudes don't want any smoke.

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 01:59 PM
Bron has always been a bit Shaqlike in this sense where he's obviously good at basketball due to his size but rarely worked on honing his skills. Both of them always seemed to prioritize the business side of things instead which honestly I can't knock when you see the mogul Shaq is today. Think Bron is on record saying he wants to own a team one day...you don't do that unless you find a way to make a crapload of money OUTSIDE of just playing basketball

when people need people to promise one another, instead of a simple ok. a time bomb is created.

Airupthere
05-25-2023, 02:39 PM
Exactly. Just like what Lebron23 and other brantards are doing on these boards. Trying to push back threads talking about the sweep.

StrongLurk
05-25-2023, 02:44 PM
All OP has to do is watch the presser in which Lebron was ASKED these questions. He can review reality for himself instead of relying on second-hand info from Lebron trolls and haters.

Too many people can't do the above on ANY topic which is why modern discourse is utter trash and toxicity.

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 02:47 PM
Exactly. Just like what Lebron23 and other brantards are doing on these boards. Trying to push back threads talking about the sweep.

this gave me a fantastic idea on how to come up with a new bedtime story for the kids. how all the bad people went to one funeral together, and all died and never came back.