PDA

View Full Version : Early Congratulations to Denver Nuggets Fans for team winning the 2023 NBA Title!

iamgine
05-26-2023, 01:47 AM
It's been a long wait for you guys!

https://www.eptrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/TDP-L-Nuggets-Party-RJS-24914.jpg

Metroid
05-26-2023, 01:54 AM
Jynx.

JohnMax
05-26-2023, 03:15 AM
https://cdn.theathletic.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=600,format=auto/https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2023/04/13121758/0414_PlayOffPreview-scaled.jpg

https://theathletic.com/4408252/2023/04/14/nba-playoff-preview-celtics-bucks-nuggets-grizzlies/

Hollinger: Why I’m picking a Celtics-Nuggets NBA Finals, with Boston winning it all

April 14, 2023

NBA Finals

(2) Boston (+9.9) vs. (1) Denver (+9.6)

If we’re going to get Jokić in the NBA Finals, I’d much prefer we get him against Joel Embiid, or failing that, at least against Giannis.

But that’s not what we’re getting. This one will be more of a contrast in styles, matching the Nuggets’ perimeter defenders against Tatum and Jaylen Brown, while the Celtics keep scheming ways to force switches and attack Jokić. At some level, it will be a rerun of the Phoenix series for Denver.

Except in this case, the Nuggets have to go against Boston’s defense. The Celtics held Jokić to a season-low three assists in the first meeting between these teams; their perimeter defenders are good enough to hold their own on all the cuts and slashes that burn other defenses, and they have a rim protector in Williams to clean things up. Boston finished third in defensive efficiency in the regular season; significantly, given Jokić’s offensive rebound prowess, they were also No. 1 in defensive rebound rate.

Bigger picture, the East was significantly better than the West all season, especially at the top. One can make a credible argument that the three strongest title threats are all in the East. I don’t know if this is going to be the finals matchup — a lot of water can go under the bridge between now and June — but I feel pretty strongly that the representative from the East should be a heavy favorite, regardless of opponent.

Boston is a tricky title pick because Tatum isn’t quite on the level of the league’s superduperstars, but the Celtics have a nine-deep rotation for the playoffs with positional versatility and few weaknesses. They match up really well against the one team they definitely need to beat (Milwaukee), and they would have home-court advantage against every other opponent. I would take the field over any individual team, especially given how tight the top three in the East are, but if forced to pick, I’ll take Boston to win it all. Pick: Celtics in six.

HylianNightmare
05-26-2023, 04:51 AM
Easily

Full Court
05-26-2023, 03:12 PM
Silly thread. In this sport, any team is always one injury away from going from hero to zero.

Although for the Lakers it was the opposite. They were one injury away (LeShrivel) from winning it all. Unfortunately for Lakers fans, Bronie played and choked the whole series, which was very winnable, away for them.

tontoz
05-26-2023, 03:19 PM
Jinx thread :facepalm

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 03:42 PM
so you're saying Noah's Ark has been all booked up and just set sailed

hold this L
05-26-2023, 03:54 PM
It's honestly extremely difficult to imagine them not winning. Whichever teams goes to the final is not only weaker overall, but also significantly more tired. Nuggets are going to be fresh & ready to whoop some ass.

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 04:02 PM
It's honestly extremely difficult to imagine them not winning. Whichever teams goes to the final is not only weaker overall, but also significantly more tired. Nuggets are going to be fresh & ready to whoop some ass.

with the Heat, they're the 8th seed, and with the Celtcis, Boston has homecourt, so the rebounding battle is wide open

Phoenix
05-26-2023, 04:23 PM

I was thinking about this angle, the flipside is that whichever team comes out of the ECFs will be more battle-tested. The Nuggets will be fresher but will they have some of the edge taken off by the time the series starts? Then again, Mike Malone is been playing the disrespect angle as the media has squarely been focusing on the Lakers/Lebron, so it will be interested to see how it all shakes out.

Akeem34TheDream
05-26-2023, 05:33 PM
I was thinking about this angle, the flipside is that whichever team comes out of the ECFs will be more battle-tested. The Nuggets will be fresher but will they have some of the edge taken off by the time the series starts? Then again, Mike Malone is been playing the disrespect angle as the media has squarely been focusing on the Lakers/Lebron, so it will be interested to see how it all shakes out.

Too much rest can be a thing for the first game as the team can be rusty but it should be an advantage from then on.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-26-2023, 05:37 PM
Denver with the altitude advantage, rest, great team, they will ve winning the ring this year.

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 05:39 PM
Too much rest can be a thing for the first game as the team can be rusty but it should be an advantage from then on.

that's like saying playing 6 players in the first game is an advantage for the next one.