PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Don't Want To Pay James Harden Max Contract

Lebron23
05-26-2023, 09:46 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Harden_James_phi_230201.jpg

In an appearance on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, Brian Windhorst said the Philadelphia 76ers do not want to pay James Harden the maximum that they are allowed in free agency.

“The 76ers have not shown an appetite to pay Harden the max; that’s why they asked him to take a pay cut last year,” Windhorst reported. "The Sixers are not really motivated to pay him that max salary if they don’t think anybody else is going to do it.

Harden is eligible to sign a four-year deal with the Sixers for over $210 million. Harden's max deal with another team would be for $201.7 million over four years. Harden is functionally limited to signing a four-year contract due to the Over-38 rule.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271691/Sixers-Dont-Want-To-Pay-James-Harden-Max-Contract

Jasper
05-26-2023, 09:50 AM
dude is a third option at best ... chokes consistently in the playoffs

any team paying him more than 10mill is nuts

HoopologyPhD
05-26-2023, 10:01 AM
Max contracts are about as smart of an idea as minimum wage.
Max should be reserved for MVP candidates IMO

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Max contracts are about as smart of an idea as minimum wage.
Max should be reserved for MVP candidates IMO

we're at the point where we're all good on square footages of the bedroom, but, going to be cheap on the garage space to the tenants, even though its just over there, empty, and not being used.

cus we talking about PRINCIPLES. PRINCIPLES!!!

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2023, 10:32 AM
Is Philly going to upgrade the roster? Because if they don't have some kind of plan to bring in another star why shouldn't he go for every dollar he can get? Miami Milwaukee and Boston aren't going anywhere so if they don't get better they aren't winning a Championship. And if they are going out in the semis why is he taking less money?

HoopologyPhD
05-26-2023, 10:59 AM
we're at the point where we're all good on square footages of the bedroom, but, going to be cheap on the garage space to the tenants, even though its just over there, empty, and not being used.

cus we talking about PRINCIPLES. PRINCIPLES!!!

Good point, let them all have their cake!

HighFlyer23
05-26-2023, 11:22 AM
This is the worst organization in professional sport

I agree with the general consensus that Harden isn’t worth the max, but how is Tobias Harris worth the max?

Dumbest front office there is

Wally450
05-26-2023, 11:50 AM
This is the worst organization in professional sport

I agree with the general consensus that Harden isn’t worth the max, but how is Tobias Harris worth the max?

Dumbest front office there is

"Him over me?!"

Airupthere
05-26-2023, 11:52 AM
Is this part of the Process? It's been taking so long.

Mask the Embiid
05-26-2023, 12:05 PM
"Him over me?!"

Treasure trove of assets :1
Championships :0

Charlie Sheen
05-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Is Philly going to upgrade the roster? Because if they don't have some kind of plan to bring in another star why shouldn't he go for every dollar he can get? Miami Milwaukee and Boston aren't going anywhere so if they don't get better they aren't winning a Championship. And if they are going out in the semis why is he taking less money?

On the other hand... if Philadelphia does not see this roster contending in the next 1-2 years with him how much can they expect a 36 and 37 year old Harden to contribute in the final 2 years of a max deal?

90sgoat
05-26-2023, 01:41 PM
Harden is a 6th man at this point.

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2023, 02:27 PM
On the other hand... if Philadelphia does not see this roster contending in the next 1-2 years with him how much can they expect a 36 and 37 year old Harden to contribute in the final 2 years of a max deal?

Then they can not sign him. I am looking at it from Harden's perspective. Some team or there will pay him, it's been rumored that at least Houston is interested. If he is going to take less money there should be the benefit of playing for a championship. If they want to tell him he's not worth top dollar then they should be bringing in someone that helps put the team over the top. But to be expected to take less money for the same conference semifinal result? How is that good for him?

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Then they can not sign him. I am looking at it from Harden's perspective. Some team or there will pay him, it's been rumored that at least Houston is interested. If he is going to take less money there should be the benefit of playing for a championship. If they want to tell him he's not worth top dollar then they should be bringing in someone that helps put the team over the top. But to be expected to take less money for the same conference semifinal result? How is that good for him?

we can have championships, or we can all have perfect eye sight. I don't know a way of coming up with both.

Charlie Sheen
05-26-2023, 02:37 PM

It is not good for him. I misunderstood your post. :cheers:

Jasper
05-26-2023, 03:49 PM
those bonuses are taken out of Gobb's back pocket.