PDA

View Full Version : why is the nba taking so long to determine ja's punishment?

highwhey
05-26-2023, 11:04 AM
are they shelving the issue until the finals is over? is that not hypocritical?

i know why nike is taking their time, they are waiting to see what we do or what the nba does. kind of like disney with jonathan majors...just watching to see if the public can forgive...i.e, they don't really give a shit, they just want to see how salvagable the situation is. the league on the other hand, wants no negative press during the finals so they're sweeping it under the rug until the offseason :facepalm

warriorfan
05-26-2023, 11:10 AM
Why is it hypocritical to take time to weigh and discuss a fair punishment?

And as a fan I don’t want to hear about Ja Morant until the Finals are over. He lost and is out of the playoffs. He should be a non issue right now.

It’s the biggest time of the year for the NBA. Save the gossip bullshit for the off-season.

GimmeThat
05-26-2023, 11:14 AM
still trying to resolve the issue of breast cancer

highwhey
05-26-2023, 11:38 AM

And as a fan I don’t want to hear about Ja Morant until the Finals are over. He lost and is out of the playoffs. He should be a non issue right now.

It’s the biggest time of the year for the NBA. Save the gossip bullshit for the off-season.

if the situation is as dire as the league claims it is, they would not shelve this until a more convenient time. it sends the wrong message.

warriorfan
05-26-2023, 11:43 AM
if the situation is as dire as the league claims it is, they would not shelve this until a more convenient time. it sends the wrong message.

Why?

I’m not trying to be disingenuous here, but I’m not really following what you are getting at.

1987_Lakers
05-26-2023, 11:43 AM
They don't want negative press with the Finals around the corner. They will probably announce his suspension in the summer.

1987_Lakers
05-26-2023, 11:46 AM

I'm sure it takes over 2 weeks to determine what punishment he deserves considering what he did was clear cut. :oldlol:

They don't want negative press. Simple as that.

Patrick Chewing
05-26-2023, 11:47 AM
They're waiting to see if he does any more stupid shit. And yes, in the offseason would be the appropriate time to address this. Let Adam Silver enjoy the Finals. Right now he's probably walking around Denver getting used to the high altitude. Leave him be.

highwhey
05-26-2023, 11:55 AM
They're waiting to see if he does any more stupid shit. And yes, in the offseason would be the appropriate time to address this. Let Adam Silver enjoy the Finals. Right now he's probably walking around Denver getting used to the high altitude. Leave him be.

i don't think that humanoid has any issue with altitude changes, he didn't have any issue with the earth's atmosphere when he first ascended from under earth.

warriorfan
05-26-2023, 11:58 AM
I'm sure it takes over 2 weeks to determine what punishment he deserves considering what he did was clear cut. :oldlol:

They don't want negative press. Simple as that.

Obviously.

Not rushing rushing into a decision is almost always a good thing though. The NBA waiting actually benefits Morant. It lets the hysteria of it all die down while fans can enjoy NBA basketball instead of stupid off court drama. Gives him a better chance at getting a lighter suspension in my opinion.

This benefits the league, the fans, even Morant.

There is no reason at all to handle this right now quickly as possible. That’s why I was confused with where Op was going with this.

highwhey
05-26-2023, 12:06 PM
Obviously.

Not rushing rushing into a decision is almost always a good thing though. The NBA waiting actually benefits Morant. It lets the hysteria of it all die down while fans can enjoy NBA basketball instead of stupid off court drama. Gives him a better chance at getting a lighter suspension in my opinion.

This benefits the league, the fans, even Morant.

There is no reason at all to handle this right now quickly as possible. That’s why I was confused with where Op was going with this.

based on what? the league doesn't forget, ever. they don't give a shit that twitter has new trending topics. and they're certainly not doing it to benefit Ja. they're doing it out of pure selfishness. "we come first"

he's going to get a sizeable suspension no matter what. the moment they announce the punishment, he'll be trending on the media again, as if it was announced today.

Charlie Sheen
05-26-2023, 12:11 PM

You are looking at this the wrong way. Think of it more like a deferral not a delay...probably has nothing to do with the finals and everything to do with satisfying conditions for his reinstatement. The NBA might be prioritizing treatment over punishment here. Those details do not need to be disclosed to the public.

warriorfan
05-26-2023, 12:16 PM
based on what? the league doesn't forget, ever. they don't give a shit that twitter has new trending topics. and they're certainly not doing it to benefit Ja. they're doing it out of pure selfishness. "we come first"

he's going to get a sizeable suspension no matter what. the moment they announce the punishment, he'll be trending on the media again, as if it was announced today.

You think the league wants to give Morant a lengthy suspension? Why would they want to see one of their biggest draws out of action for an extended period of time? It’s a lose, lose situation for everyone involved. NBA is all about money, there’s no vindictive agenda to stick it to Morant.

Patrick Chewing
05-26-2023, 12:18 PM
i don't think that humanoid has any issue with altitude changes, he didn't have any issue with the earth's atmosphere when he first ascended from under earth.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PxGBwdpHyDUIC18OPq42yL_nkHI=/0x37:2268x1549/1400x1050/filters:focal(0x37:2268x1549):format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46151330/usa-today-8183758.0.jpg

BarberSchool
05-26-2023, 10:45 PM
Because as much of a DL annoying hom0thug as Ja wants to be, JJ Reddick is right.

Full Court
05-27-2023, 03:57 PM
still trying to resolve the issue of breast cancer

Breast cancer or breast feeding?

highwhey
06-03-2023, 10:24 PM
We probably could have brought it to a head now, but we made the decision — and I believe the players association agrees with us — that it would be unfair to these players and these teams in the middle of this series to announce the results of that investigation

just as i said...