PDA

View Full Version : the NBA has launched an official investigation into referee Eric Lewis

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 01:49 AM
Burner accounts on twitter?

The NBA, I'm told, has opened an official review into Twitter activity unearthed this week with frequent mentions of veteran referee Eric Lewis. - Marc Stein

The Twitter posts reportedly mention Lewis often by name and include multiple mentions of the Celtics during this postseason. Lewis was one of the referees for the Celtics’ Game 7 win against the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round.

In a game Jan. 28 at Boston, with the score tied, James in the final seconds drove for a potential game-winning layup and appeared to be fouled by Jayson Tatum. No foul was called, and James was not given the opportunity at a possible game-winning free throw. His emotional on-court reaction drew even more attention to the play.

highwhey
05-27-2023, 01:52 AM
:roll:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/81466356767863514/EF4CB34D841A527660A71E7F53FDDF0710F6A6AA/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 01:55 AM
RIGGED

https://cdn.sportsmanor.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/29050258/LeBron-James-being-fouled-by-Jayson-Tatum-and-Eric-Lewis.jpg

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 01:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnnaAG7WYAQXM34?format=jpg&name=large

red1
05-27-2023, 02:32 AM

SouBeachTalents
05-27-2023, 02:35 AM
Tbf though you don't need ref assistance when you're facing Embiid, Harden & Doc in a Game 7. LeGOAT was absolutely robbed though.

LAL
05-27-2023, 04:18 AM
RIGGED

https://cdn.sportsmanor.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/29050258/LeBron-James-being-fouled-by-Jayson-Tatum-and-Eric-Lewis.jpg

Tbf though you don't need ref assistance when you're facing Embiid, Harden & Doc in a Game 7. LeGOAT was absolutely robbed though.

Still crying about that reg season game guys? Riiight lebum got robbed, 2/25 from 3 in 4th quarters.

bdonovan
05-27-2023, 04:45 AM
If that's the best example they have (Jan 28), I'm not sure. Refs usually don't call fouls end of the game (that's why teams settle for deep 2's or 3's to try to win). If the refs do blow the whistle, then fans complain even more than they do now when they don't blow the whistle- claming the Refs are trying to decide the game.

As far as holding and expressing opinions about favorite teams, not sure what the rules are. I guess they are allowed to have opinions, but the moment their opinions bias their officiating that's a problem.

They should evaluate other kinds of ref bias too such as racial bias, specifically same-race-bias favoritism.

warriorfan
05-27-2023, 04:56 AM
LeBron gets one missed call and the NBA launches a full blown investigation.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

you couldn’t even make this stuff up if you tried

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 09:41 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/referees/lewiser99r.html

Out of all the games/teams he has reffed in his career, Celtics have a higher winning percentage than any other team.

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 09:53 AM
You do realize that if you flipped the outcome of that one game nothing would be different for either team right now, right? LA with one more regular season win still gets swept by the Nuggets.

Kblaze8855
05-27-2023, 09:56 AM
Calling it an investigation is about the only way to acknowledge they saw all the talk of his exposed burner. What else could they call it? A look see?

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 10:25 AM
damn bro

we dont do that fam :confusedshrug:

I honestly often ignore the guy's posts and don't want to moderate too much but it is possible to cross a line.

SouBeachTalents
05-27-2023, 11:19 AM
LeBron23 was always unusual and never posted in English that well, but he actually seemed like a relatively normal poster. But the last year or so, he’s literally become one of, if not the biggest troll on the forum :lol Spamming the board incessantly, making blatant attempts to bait others, amping up personal attacks, then saying some shit like this. He’s legitimately tried to take on the villain role like a wrestler.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 12:55 PM
Unless someone spams the same distasteful thing over and over, theres no reason to ban people over random meaningless shit talking. This is not Kobe Bryant’s facebook page. You can disapprove of Louie’s joke without BANNING him.

RMWG is such an emasculated loser who does shit like this because he takes pride in being the white knight hall monitor goodie two shoes politically correct teachers pet. He has no other way to project value of any kind. He’s so useless and uncharismatic as an individual, hes so far down the totem pole of conventional guy traits, he wants to play sheriff and reign all the other dudes in from being the kind of guys hes too weak to be. Him and rrr3, boring beta chumps who are so lame the only social contribution theyre capable of making is to get someone in trouble. Without that there is nothing to distinguish them from a worm on the ground.

The weakest cuck in the room trying hardest to be the hero nobody needs. Its embarrassing Jeff gives him any control over this place. Dont care if I get banned either, Im sick of the kind of posters that are allowed to infest this place anyway.

Axe also got banned. I always found him a bit odd, but weird to ban him while you have this ballsout poster going on a troll fest for the past week or so. There is no consistency on this forum.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 01:00 PM
What happened to fultznation's post?

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 01:01 PM
What happened to fultznation's post?
He took it down because he's a bitch.

highwhey
05-27-2023, 01:39 PM
He took it down because he's a bitch.

:roll::roll:

starface meltdown incoming

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 01:43 PM
You do realize that if you flipped the outcome of that one game nothing would be different for either team right now, right? LA with one more regular season win still gets swept by the Nuggets.

wtf is this guy babbling about? :oldlol:

Anyway, shame they seem to not have properly encoded the tweets...

cant see what theyre saying at all.

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 01:45 PM
wtf is this guy babbling about? :oldlol:

Anyway, shame they seem to not have properly encoded the tweets...

cant see what theyre saying at all.
You would no doubt understand me if you understood english.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Just saw all the tweets,

dont see anything wrong with them tbh.

He comes across as trying his best and normal.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 01:55 PM
"RMWG is such an emasculated loser who does shit like this because he takes pride in being the white knight hall monitor goodie two shoes politically correct teachers pet. He has no other way to project value of any kind. He’s so useless and uncharismatic as an individual, hes so far down the totem pole of conventional guy traits, he wants to play sheriff and reign all the other dudes in from being the kind of guys hes too weak to be. Him and rrr3, boring beta chumps who are so lame the only social contribution theyre capable of making is to get someone in trouble. Without that there is nothing to distinguish them from a worm on the ground."

this is is fax though

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 02:05 PM
I'm supposed to piss off assholes. Present company included. If LA has one more win and one less loss in the regular season what changes? Do they somehow now have a way to avoid getting swept by Denver? If not then accept the fact that you're a dumbass that doesn't understand English.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 02:08 PM
I'm supposed to piss off assholes. Present company included. If LA has one more win and one less loss in the regular season what changes? Do they somehow now have a way to avoid getting swept by Denver? If not then accept the fact that you're a dumbass that doesn't understand English.

why the **** are you talking about the lakers chances of a championship?

Where is the disconnect in your brain?

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 02:10 PM
bit too much talk of lakernation though.

also weird emphasis on denvers 1st seed, like that shoud give them favorable calls.

and this is weird for a ref to say:

https://i.gyazo.com/09c985422e582fb1fbc62c18ede2945e.png

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 02:14 PM
why the **** are you talking about the lakers chances of a championship?

Where is the disconnect in your brain?

Have you been reading anything at all? Lucky for you the third post in this thread doesn't require reading. It's pictures. Maybe you can understand that? Also funny thing: I didn't directly mention LA's chances to win the championship. But maybe it's on your mind. I could guess why...

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 02:23 PM
this is an insanely bad tweet

https://i.gyazo.com/2ecb9d6b63b21367424f849507554df3.png

unwilling to hold officiating accountable over a game changing/turning call because other bad things happened...

Kblaze8855
05-27-2023, 03:44 PM
Definitely a bad look for a ref accused of being a Celtics fan:

https://twitter.com/erjmanlasvegas/status/1662534179614232576?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2023, 03:52 PM
Just give him two more games in the conference finals before he gets fired. That's all I ask.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 03:53 PM

https://twitter.com/erjmanlasvegas/status/1662534179614232576?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

Holy shit. :roll:

Doesn't look like Eric Lewis though.

1987_Lakers
05-27-2023, 04:11 PM
You have to wonder at what point does technology advance to a point where refs, judges, & empires are no longer needed. There really isn't a need for an empire to call balls or strikes anymore in a professional baseball game, has been the case for a long time. And the fact that only 3 judges determine a winner to a boxing match is crazy, we always see bad decisions in that sport, last week being a great example in the Haney-Lomachenko fight. Humans are just too prone to mistakes & can have hidden agendas without anyone knowing.

Kblaze8855
05-27-2023, 04:29 PM

I didn’t look into it past the video being funny.

Wouldnt it be funny if it turned out there was a vast network of pro Celtic refs and their phones get hacked or something?

AlternativeAcc.
05-27-2023, 04:33 PM
You have to wonder at what point does technology advance to a point where refs, judges, & empires are no longer needed. There really isn't a need for an empire to call balls or strikes anymore in a professional baseball game, has been the case for a long time. And the fact that only 3 judges determine a winner to a boxing match is crazy, we always see bad decisions in that sport, last week being a great example in the Haney-Lomachenko fight. Humans are just too prone to mistakes & can have hidden agendas without anyone knowing.

Basketball is a way more dynamic game unfortunately. The strike zone in baseball is pretty well defined, but calling fouls and penalties in baseball and football requires a lot more than what technology can handle. It's gonna be a long time before we see robo refs in basketball.

Xiao Yao You
05-27-2023, 05:08 PM

I don't take any sport seriously where judges decide the outcome

plowking
05-27-2023, 07:17 PM

Everyone and their momma has been saying Celtics get the run of the whistle, and it sucks because they're already the most talented team in the league. Mfers hit threes like no ones business and any bit of help is a kick in the d!ck for the other team.

ArbitraryWater
05-27-2023, 07:27 PM

its not him, its even made cear by eric himsef in the tweets

highwhey
05-27-2023, 07:29 PM

its rodney mott. and the comments mention he lives in vegas :lol

AlternativeAcc.
05-27-2023, 07:37 PM
The owner of the account made a tweet claiming he was Eric Lewis' brother, not Eric, who was controlling the account. :lol

highwhey
05-27-2023, 07:48 PM
The owner of the account made a tweet claiming he was Eric Lewis' brother, not Eric, who was controlling the account. :lol

this guy is a horrible liar :roll:

belongs on ISH

1987_Lakers
05-28-2023, 12:33 PM

belongs on ISH

Full Court
05-28-2023, 12:36 PM
LOL at Bronie fluffers acting like he would have actually MADE the free throws if a foul did get called. :roll:

ImKobe
05-28-2023, 01:38 PM
Just give him two more games in the conference finals before he gets fired. That's all I ask.

Shameless

belongs on ISH

Probably has an alt here tbh

Real Men Wear Green
05-28-2023, 01:54 PM
Shameless

Probably has an alt here tbh

NBA history is full of teams that lost games with complaints about the refs afterwards. When the Lakers beat the Kings in 2002 Game 6 with the famously bad calls going their way did you issue an apology? Tell me which teams fans come out teary eyed after their side wins a game like that and apologized. You are a joke and just upset that the Celtics are still in the hunt. You think I am concerned with you or anyone else bitching? "LOL." Brandon Ingram will never achieve in his whole career even half of what Tatum has already done. Most playoff points scored of anyone in their first 6 seasons in NBA history. Deal with it.

ImKobe
05-28-2023, 02:01 PM
NBA history is full of teams that lost games with complaints about the refs afterwards. When the Lakers beat the Kings in 2002 Game 6 with the famously bad calls going their way did you issue an apology? Tell me which teams fans come out teary eyed after their side wins a game like that and apologized. You are a joke and just upset that the Celtics are still in the hunt. You think I am concerned with you or anyone else bitching? "LOL." Brandon Ingram will never achieve in his whole career even half of what Tatum has already done. Most playoff points scored of anyone in their first 6 seasons in NBA history. Deal with it.

Lakers got robbed in G5 and Kings choked regardless :confusedshrug:

Last time I checked, both Tatum & BI got 0 rings and BI is playing with a bunch of nobodies in bum**** New Orleans.

I'm fine with whoever wins Game 7 because I don't think either of them are winning the championship anyway. Denver's just way too consistent offensively to lose to either of these teams and have arguably the two best players in the series with how great Murray's been in these Playoffs.

Real Men Wear Green
05-28-2023, 02:16 PM
As I knew...no, you are not going to apologize for the Lakers getting calls. People are not upset when bad calls go their way. You are full of crap like always.