PDA

View Full Version : Bucks to hire Raps assistant Adrian Griffin as their new HC

Hey Yo
05-27-2023, 02:03 PM
According to Woj.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-27-2023, 02:39 PM
According to Woj.

Maybe they can blow that team up and LA can sign BroLo.

Naero
05-27-2023, 03:25 PM
He’s obscure to me, but I’ll open-mindedly give him a chance. He has a wealth of assistant-coaching experience under his belt (including under Nick Nurse), and he seems to be a good rapport-builder among players.

It’s still a dicey move, though. It’d seem safer to hire an already-proven coach like Nurse. Then again, most of the GOAT coaches—Jackson, Riley, Popovich, and so on—were dark-horse former assistants when they were hired. How Griffin pans out remains to be seen, but it doesn’t seem often that assistant-turned-head coaches truly flame out.

I just hope he’s more assertive and on-the-ball than Bud was; the only way to justify that termination is to find an overall upgrade, which—despite the predecessor’s flaws—is much easier said than done.

Giannis better sign that extension soon, though, since he’s the one who reportedly pushed for this move. Horst also better hold himself accountable if this doesn’t age well, rather than scapegoating another HC.

pandiani17
05-27-2023, 03:29 PM
Is he the one who played for the Celtics in 2000, I think? Strange move, to be honest. I thought they would bring someone with a higher pedigree.