PDA

View Full Version : Bucks choose Griff as new coach

Jasper
05-27-2023, 08:30 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37741554/bucks-planning-hire-raptors-adrian-griffin-sources-say

Griffin an assistant to Nurse , had stops including Milwaukee... so Jon Hurst is fully aware of what guy he is bringing
in.
He will guide a team to be better at defense , and is big on development.

I give the Bucks 2 years and the window is closed and will require a roster work up ...

I think they should try to land Bridges (nets) with a 4 player deal... but this is up to management.
I can only advise.

iamgine
05-27-2023, 09:22 PM
Why not just hire Nick Nurse then lmao.

Naero
05-27-2023, 09:54 PM
Why not just hire Nick Nurse then lmao.

Giannis strongly preferred Griffin, and the Bucks brass wants to go the extra mile to appease him with only two compulsory years left on his contract. Additionally, Nurse reportedly withdrew himself from the race before the final decision anyway.

We’ll see how this shakes out. We’ll probably have to wait until the playoffs for judgment day, though, which is the real litmus test to see if he’s truly an upgrade over Bud.

Axe
05-28-2023, 12:44 AM
Oh that sucks. I thought they were locked in on getting nurse already. :facepalm

Jasper
05-28-2023, 09:50 AM
Giannis strongly preferred Griffin, and the Bucks brass wants to go the extra mile to appease him with only two compulsory years left on his contract. Additionally, Nurse reportedly withdrew himself from the race before the final decision anyway.

We’ll see how this shakes out. We’ll probably have to wait until the playoffs for judgment day, though, which is the real litmus test to see if he’s truly an upgrade over Bud.

did Nurse ever play pro ball ??

Players like coach's that have been thru the trench's / and Griff was a Buck long ago.... that is why Jon (GM) went with him.
I my self were here nor there , but Nurse was a proven head coach.