PDA

View Full Version : Mavs should play hardball, but only to get Rui/Reeves/Vanderbilt

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 06:16 AM
I would say two of those and the 17th pick are good enough for Kyrie.

Getting Reeves and Vanderbilt for Kyrie would be a huge win.

Getting Rui and Reeves would be the steal of the century.

Getting Rui and Vanderbilt would be the lesser outcome but still would make Mavs a much better team.

Mavs have a lot to win in sign and trading Kyrie.

Xiao Yao You
05-28-2023, 09:07 AM
Be a great trade for the Mavs.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2023, 09:34 AM
Itd be a great trade for the Mavs, honestly could be a good trade for LAL too as theyre the one single destination where Kyrie could potentially be a big plus. He gives them exactly what the Lakers specifically need and it really wouldnt be hard to replace the role players they lose considering the way LeWaterIntoWine can elevate anyone to look like a borderline allstar. They just need someone who can score in bunches when Lebron sits, and King James will do the rest.

Reaves would fit great with Doncic as he can be a secondary ball handler and reliable shooter, but doesnt need to dominate the ball to have an impact. Hatchi and Vando would be good frontline reinforcement. They might still need to find some more scoring punch somewhere, like a Khris Middleton type, which they dont really have the assets for, but theyd obviously be off to a good start in terms of adding some young talent to build around.

iamgine
05-28-2023, 09:38 AM
I feel like the value would depend on how much Reaves and Rui is getting from their contract extension.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 09:52 AM

Getting Rui and Vanderbilt would be the lesser outcome but still would make Mavs a much better team.

Im sure LA is trying to build around AD, Lebron, Reaves, Rui, Vando. With a Kyrie trade I think out of the guys you mentioned, Reaves might be untouchable. Rui and Vando's salary is not enough, Dlo will need to be part of a trade package.

Xiao Yao You
05-28-2023, 09:53 AM
I feel like the value would depend on how much Reaves and Rui is getting from their contract extension.

the value is getting something for Kyrie while letting the Lakers pay the shit show

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2023, 10:09 AM
Im sure LA is trying to build around AD, Lebron, Reaves, Rui, Vando. With a Kyrie trade I think out of the guys you mentioned, Reaves might be untouchable. Rui and Vando's salary is not enough, Dlo will need to be part of a trade package.

Now is not the time to “build.” Now is the time to win. They have Lebron freaking James and hes 38 years old. Theres no time for “prospects” to “maybe” develop into what theyre supposed to be.

The Lakers need guys who are ready now to win an NBA Finals. Kyrie has been that guy before WITH the guidance of LeFatherFigure. So the Lakers know that formula works.

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 10:10 AM
Dlo will need to be part of a trade package.

That's a big no tho, Mavs have no use at all for D-Lo, just a worse Kyrie.

Might be able to swing a 3-way though, package up D-Lo with the 10th pick for a serious player.

Iverson3
05-28-2023, 10:11 AM
Kyrie is an unrestricted free agent

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 10:11 AM
Now is not the time to “build.” Now is the time to win. They have Lebron freaking James and hes 38 years old. Theres no time for “prospects” to “maybe” develop into what theyre supposed to be.

The Lakers need guys who are ready now to win an NBA Finals. Kyrie has been that guy before WITH the guidance of LeFatherFigure. So the Lakers know that formula works.

This.

I don't think Lebron retires, but I do think there's a larger than zero risk if Lakers are not willing to ship the whiteboy for Kyrie.

Lebron has never shown a desire to play with talents, why would he begin doing that at 38?

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 10:12 AM
Kyrie is an unrestricted free agent

Lakers can't sign him for more than 38ish and Mavs can give 47, so does Kyrie want to give up 10 million a year? Not likely.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2023, 10:20 AM
The trade makes sense for both teams, but for the Mavs it has to include Reaves. Getting Rui and Vanderbilt together probably doesnt make salary sense for the Mavs when theyve already got Kleber, Wood’s bird rights, and theyre stuck paying Bertans contract as well.

I think it’s reasonable for the Lakers to give up Reaves, he’s a nice 2nd-3rd option but hes not a superstar prospect. He’s not gonna fill Lebron’s shoes one day when the King retires. So they may as well maximize Lebron’s remaining time then start from scratch. You dont forfeit chip opportunities now to build around Reaves later.

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 10:33 AM
The trade makes sense for both teams, but for the Mavs it has to include Reaves. Getting Rui and Vanderbilt together probably doesnt make salary sense for the Mavs when theyve already got Kleber, Wood’s bird rights, and theyre stuck paying Bertans contract as well.

I think it’s reasonable for the Lakers to give up Reaves, he’s a nice 2nd-3rd option but hes not a superstar prospect. He’s not gonna fill Lebron’s shoes one day when the King retires. So they may as well maximize Lebron’s remaining time then start from scratch. You dont forfeit chip opportunities now to build around Reaves later.

Man I'd like to see this trade go down, for Mavs and for Lakers.

Mavs with Rui, Reeves and Vanderbilt would be serious. Just need a decent center.

And even better, they would have a young core with real talent.

Should trade to get DFS back though.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 10:44 AM

Cant win now with just AD, Kyrie, Lebron. Both AD and Kyrie are 1b players who arent legit night-in night-out your best player and Lebron will be the 3rd option, hopping around on 1 leg.

The risk associated with Kyrie and having to rid of the OTHER guys, I rather they run it back. They atleast need to keep Reaves. Would be nice if they can keep Rui too but IF a trade were to happen and push came to shove, Rui is gone.

ImKobe
05-28-2023, 10:55 AM
Reaves is untouchable.

GimmeThat
05-28-2023, 10:58 AM
Irving and Finney Smith for AD and Rui.

lets be honest, the only way the Lakers are playing 3 all stars, is if they break one of theirs leg.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Reaves is untouchable.

He is but he isnt if you know what I mean. Kyrie is too much of a question mark to gut the future for(Reaves, Rui, Vando, 1 round picks, ect). Being top heavy with only AD, Kyrie, Lebron and a bunch of 1 year vet minimum guys not going to work and all 3 are injury prone too.

Kyrie wont leave 10m on the table(but you never know, the world is flat right?) but can you imagine if he did and just signed outright to LA? I got this list from another forum.......
AD
Lebron
Irving
Rui
Reaves
MLE 7.6m(Naz Reid?)
MaxChristie

Or LA can try and run it back with everyone(can be top 2-4 in the west next year record wise) and work on trading for a center and 3D wing to handle Denver. They would be legit 10+ deep and still have their #17(Dereck Lively, Jett Howard, Kobe Bufkin, Jalen Hood Schifino, Kris Murray) #47.

GimmeThat
05-28-2023, 11:17 AM
AD
Lebron
Irving
Rui
Reaves
MLE 7.6m(Naz Reid?)
MaxChristie

not even better than the Sixers.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 11:30 AM
not even better than the Sixers.

Atleast they get to keep Reaves, Rui, and possibly use the MLE a big man on Reid? Christie can play a bigger roll next season. But overall they need to luck out on finding players who willing to sign for the vet min. But if this looks bad, imagine a sign and trade with Rui, Reaves.

GimmeThat
05-28-2023, 11:32 AM
Atleast they get to keep Reaves, Rui, and possibly use the MLE a big man on Reid? Christie can play a bigger roll next season. But overall they need to luck out on finding players who willing to sign for the vet min. But if this looks bad, imagine a sign and trade with Rui, Reaves.

Ray Allen is living rent free in Buss's head

bladefd
05-28-2023, 01:59 PM
Lakers can't sign him for more than 38ish and Mavs can give 47, so does Kyrie want to give up 10 million a year? Not likely.

If it's to win a chip, he would give up that. Lakers can do a one year deal then offer him max the following year once they have his bird rights.

bladefd
05-28-2023, 02:00 PM

Lakers are not giving up reaves. I highly doubt it.

bladefd
05-28-2023, 02:04 PM
He is but he isnt if you know what I mean. Kyrie is too much of a question mark to gut the future for(Reaves, Rui, Vando, 1 round picks, ect). Being top heavy with only AD, Kyrie, Lebron and a bunch of 1 year vet minimum guys not going to work and all 3 are injury prone too.

Kyrie wont leave 10m on the table(but you never know, the world is flat right?) but can you imagine if he did and just signed outright to LA? I got this list from another forum.......
AD
Lebron
Irving
Rui
Reaves
MLE 7.6m(Naz Reid?)
MaxChristie

Or LA can try and run it back with everyone(can be top 2-4 in the west next year record wise) and work on trading for a center and 3D wing to handle Denver. They would be legit 10+ deep and still have their #17(Dereck Lively, Jett Howard, Kobe Bufkin, Jalen Hood Schifino, Kris Murray) #47.

So you essentially letting Beasley and d'lo go. What about vando and Bamba? Packaging them in a trade?

Xiao Yao You
05-28-2023, 02:06 PM
If it's to win a chip, he would give up that. Lakers can do a one year deal then offer him max the following year once they have his bird rights.

he could have won a ring this year with Brooklyn. why would he give up the money now?

bladefd
05-28-2023, 02:13 PM
he could have won a ring this year with Brooklyn. why would he give up the money now?

He wanted long-term assurance contract from Brooklyn. They didn't want to give that. That is why he wanted out. If Lakers gave him that assurance with a 1yr deal then a 3yr max, it might be enticing for him.

Xiao Yao You
05-28-2023, 02:46 PM
He wanted long-term assurance contract from Brooklyn. They didn't want to give that. That is why he wanted out. If Lakers gave him that assurance with a 1yr deal then a 3yr max, it might be enticing for him.

let's hope they are stupid enough to go for it! :cheers:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 03:57 PM
So you essentially letting Beasley and d'lo go. What about vando and Bamba? Packaging them in a trade?

Sorry, the list is actually a s&t trade involving the likes of, dlo, beasley, mo, vando, #17, #47, future picks/swaps(can let beasley walk maybe).

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 04:14 PM
The more I look at it, I think trying bring back everyone and trying to improve with trades is the smart and safe way to go. You will have some trade pieces, dlo, rui, beasley, mo, vando, christie, #17, #47, future first. You dont lose the current and the future by trying to get a 3rd star. Build around AD, Lebron, Reeves but need a solid 7, possibly 8(incase injuries) guy rotation come playoff time.

90sgoat
05-28-2023, 05:00 PM
The more I look at it, I think trying bring back everyone

If Lakers want to try to win, and they should because they were in the conference finals, they will go get Kyrie.

Of course Reaves and Rui together might be worth more to a core long term than Kyrie, but they're not moving the needle in the roles they're in. Rui and Reeves are both better than vet minimums, but their roles are vet minimum roles. They don't need to be better.

Kyrie can do exactly what AD and Lebron can't do, which is go get difficult 4th quarter buckets. That's his thing, he did it in Mavs last season too.

Problem is Kyrie doesn't do much else than take over in the 4th, but that's where Lebron and AD got them covered.

It makes sense.

PP34Deuce
05-28-2023, 06:53 PM
I feel like fans are underrating the decline of Lebron James.

Take away the salary and his 40 point close out teaser and you will realize even before the injury he had missed layups and bad turnovers. He's not a superstar anymore on the court. He's an all star caliber player that has flaws.

He's not going to be great for 65 games a season nor can he dominate his matches.

Kyrie needs to be paired with an off ball 2 way guard to be effective towards winning games.

AD is a generational switching defensive big who happens s to have great scoring mechanics. I feel like people forget AD has always been a guy who can switch defensively and roam. His jumper in 2020 was automatic but offensively he was a terror in New Orleans because he was athletically superior to many guys. 30 year old AD is not as freakish athletically but has incredible instincts to block shots and clog the paint.

bladefd
05-28-2023, 06:56 PM
The more I look at it, I think trying bring back everyone and trying to improve with trades is the smart and safe way to go. You will have some trade pieces, dlo, rui, beasley, mo, vando, christie, #17, #47, future first. You dont lose the current and the future by trying to get a 3rd star. Build around AD, Lebron, Reeves but need a solid 7, possibly 8(incase injuries) guy rotation come playoff time.

As long as they try hard to keep AD, Bron, Reeves, and Rui, they will be okay. I would even put Vando on there, but I have a feeling it will be Rui or Vando. I'm not sure if Lakers should keep Rui or Vando. Rui is better o player, Vando better d player. Tough decision, but if you can get Kyrie, perhaps keep Vando. Elite defensive players are rare to come by, but he needs serious work on his offense, especially shooting.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-28-2023, 07:11 PM
If Lakers want to try to win, and they should because they were in the conference finals, they will go get Kyrie.

There's just too many number, factors surrounding the salary cap to understand. Salary cap, exceptions, tax level, apron's 1-2, hard cap.

Either way it has to be a sign & trade with Dallas. Giving the farm for Kyrie and be only 4-5 deep AND trying to luck out on free agents can be a costly gamble.

If we can get Kyrie while keeping Reaves, Rui, mle, is a good start but still far from a title contender. Most likely losing Schroeder and Lonnie. Will Vando be included in trade. Will Max Christie make a leap next season. How much will Rui/Reaves demand.

SATAN
05-28-2023, 08:00 PM

Yeah, the team that had the best record after trade deadline should break it up to pursue a mental midget and team cancer in Irving. Good idea, idiot!