PDA

View Full Version : Who Really Thinks This is a Good Shot? (Game 6 MIA/BOS)

ILLsmak
05-28-2023, 02:43 PM
https://youtu.be/JmzsKp-iCcc?t=188

The title is THE MISTAKE, but it's really THE MISTAKES. Cs were flying in for orebs all game like that. I still am absolutely dumbfounded anyone in the NBA can defend this as a good shot given the situation. I think even Reggie was like ehhh. It might be 'his shot,' and he is a great shooter, but yo...

I'm done w/ this NBA SHITE for the year tho. Enjoy. This shot shows, to me, shows how dumb the NBA has become as a whole. I've seen other people do similar things and nobody seems to correct them. Even if guys 'are better,' as I said, this sort of sloppiness and unawareness/ lack of discipline is surprising when a chance to go to the Finals is on the line.

-Smak

Real Men Wear Green
05-28-2023, 03:06 PM
It would be a bad shot from an average shooter but Robinson is a good shooter and was in his range and open. Certainly possible to get a better shot running a play but also possible to get a worse shot against the set Celtic defense. It's a make or miss league. He missed.

bladefd
05-28-2023, 03:19 PM
It would be a bad shot from an average shooter but Robinson is a good shooter and was in his range and open. Certainly possible to get a better shot running a play but also possible to get a worse shot against the set Celtic defense. It's a make or miss league. He missed.

Not all Celtics defenders were set. It would have been better off and smarter to establish a play rather than chuck up a 3 in that situation. They were down what? One point? There is no reason to chuck up that 3, even if he was on fire. Driving into the paint (through someone else like butler) or even a mid-range shot is the better decision.

AlternativeAcc.
05-28-2023, 03:31 PM
The pass was made for him to shoot. If he passes it up people would be questioning that. It's a great shot in that situation. Perfectly in stride open 3 for their best 3 point shooter. Puts them in a position to only lose off a 3 from Boston, instead of only being up 1 and potentially losing at the line, or on a tip like they actually did.

I really don't understand being angry about that lol. Celtics recovered well and were guarding everyone else. You want Duncan Robinson taking it to the hole instead of shooting an open 3? The Celtics were well positioned except for that one shot

Real Men Wear Green
05-28-2023, 03:40 PM
Not all Celtics defenders were set. It would have been better off and smarter to establish a play rather than chuck up a 3 in that situation. They were down what? One point? There is no reason to chuck up that 3, even if he was on fire. Driving into the paint (through someone else like butler) or even a mid-range shot is the better decision.

Butler came up big at the end but for most of the game was playing terrible. Robinson and the other Heat should not be so reliant on him bailing them out that they become non threats and turn down shots they can hit. The decision to take the shot was sound he just didn't execute it but if you don't think you can hit that shot you shouldn't be out there at all.

bladefd
05-28-2023, 07:03 PM
Butler came up big at the end but for most of the game was playing terrible. Robinson and the other Heat should not be so reliant on him bailing them out that they become non threats and turn down shots they can hit. The decision to take the shot was sound he just didn't execute it but if you don't think you can hit that shot you shouldn't be out there at all.

At the time in question, Butler was waking up. He was picking up fouls at will. You give him the ball to drive into paint.

Iverson3
05-28-2023, 08:25 PM
https://youtu.be/JmzsKp-iCcc?t=188

The title is THE MISTAKE, but it's really THE MISTAKES. Cs were flying in for orebs all game like that. I still am absolutely dumbfounded anyone in the NBA can defend this as a good shot given the situation. I think even Reggie was like ehhh. It might be 'his shot,' and he is a great shooter, but yo...

I'm done w/ this NBA SHITE for the year tho. Enjoy. This shot shows, to me, shows how dumb the NBA has become as a whole. I've seen other people do similar things and nobody seems to correct them. Even if guys 'are better,' as I said, this sort of sloppiness and unawareness/ lack of discipline is surprising when a chance to go to the Finals is on the line.

-Smak

Your getting old so you start thinking about the past

Real Men Wear Green
05-28-2023, 08:46 PM
At the time in question, Butler was waking up. He was picking up fouls at will. You give him the ball to drive into paint.

If Duncan Robinson isn't going to take an open three, what value is he to an NBA team? If he is going to be on the floor that's the kind of shot he's supposed to take. That's why he was passed the ball.

BarberSchool
05-29-2023, 08:56 AM
What does it say about Jimmy and the Heat, that for damn near the entire 4th quarter, the heat were running plays for Duncan Robinson ????

And yes, hindsight is 20/20, if the heat lose game 7, many victim of recency bias (and hell, decency bias), will badmouth Robinson for even taking that shot.

BarberSchool
05-29-2023, 08:58 AM
At the time in question, Butler was waking up. He was picking up fouls at will. You give him the ball to drive into paint.This is what they should have done. No question.

Full Court
05-29-2023, 09:00 AM
The pass was made for him to shoot. If he passes it up people would be questioning that. It's a great shot in that situation. Perfectly in stride open 3 for their best 3 point shooter. Puts them in a position to only lose off a 3 from Boston, instead of only being up 1 and potentially losing at the line, or on a tip like they actually did.

I really don't understand being angry about that lol. Celtics recovered well and were guarding everyone else. You want Duncan Robinson taking it to the hole instead of shooting an open 3? The Celtics were well positioned except for that one shot

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

GimmeThat
05-29-2023, 09:09 AM
the good ole days where Pop would call a time out just because Bruce Bowen was in the game. The good ole days

brownmamba00
05-29-2023, 09:45 AM
thats a good shot, coach. they needed Tyler Herro that day.

Proctor
05-29-2023, 11:45 AM
That is a great shot for the perfect guy to be taking it....please stop the casual takes. He simply missed.

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2023, 11:58 AM
Modern teams are too stupid to be able to find a good two-point shot in the clutch. Given that limitation, it's probably a good shot for Miami. However, the best teams in NBA history wouldn't settle for that. The '86 Celtics, '96 Bulls, and '14 Spurs would've worked the ball for an open mid-range, high-percentage post-up, or cut of some sort.

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2023, 12:19 PM
Duncan Robinson has shot around 37-40% on "open" threes over the last three seasons. Meaning, the closest defender is 4-6 feet away. I'd take a 45-50% two-point shot in the clutch over that any day of the week. The value of a shot changes as per the situation. If it's a one-possession game with a minute or two left, I'm taking the higher percentage basket.

GimmeThat
05-29-2023, 12:34 PM
example why stat padding doesn't lead to wins. probably thought there was a 4 point line or something.