PDA

View Full Version : Nick Nurse to Philly

Hey Yo
05-29-2023, 05:02 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nick-nurse-agrees-to-become-76ers-new-head-coach-per-report/

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2023, 05:04 PM
Good signing I guess. Now it all comes down to what Jimmy Harden does...

fourkicks44
05-29-2023, 05:20 PM
This looks like a warning to Harden, take a smaller deal or walk. No way he wants to play under Nurse.

I'm sure that they ran this decision by Joel but it is interesting due to the beef they have had in the past. Nurse and Embiid have always been vocal in the media going at one another.

It will be interesting to see Nurse fix the Philadelphia defesive issues. Their point of attack defense is terrible and the help way too much. Nurse seems is the right coach to remedy these issues.

I was kinda hoping for Monty to come back, would have been a great story if he returned to bring success to the organisation but a fresh look is probably more important than a great story.

Interesting times tho. I don't expect Harden to be here for it.

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2023, 05:21 PM
This looks like a warning to Harden, take a smaller deal or walk. No way he wants to play under Nurse.

I'm sure that they ran this decision by Joel but it is interesting due to the beef they have had in the past. Nurse and Embiid have always been vocal in the media go at one another.

It will be interesting to see Nurse fix the Philadelphia defesive issues. Their point of attack defense is terrible and the help way too much. Nurse seems is the right coach to remedy these issues.

I was kinda hoping for Monty to come back, would have been a great story if he returned to bring success to the organisation but a fresh look is probably more important than a great story.

Interesting times tho. I don't expect Harden to be here for it.

What options do they have if Harden goes to Houston?

bison
05-29-2023, 05:23 PM
Mike budenholzer to Toronto. Doc rivers to Milwaukee

fourkicks44
05-29-2023, 05:28 PM
What options do they have if Harden goes to Houston?

No possible upgrades. From my understanding they won't have much room to move. They will have a mid level exception, which isn't game changing. They can trade a 2029 pick, that's all they have.

The just gotta through the keys to Maxey and just see how the year goes without any expectations. Obviously they should be a playoff team in some capacity.

Tobias is expiring so they might get a trade out of him, if not they will have cap next summer and they can try reload in a year.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2023, 05:56 PM
If they ditch Harden it’s still a dangerous team.

I would assume Nurse had some kind of assurance theyll do so, otherwise why tf would he want the job.

hateraid
05-29-2023, 07:41 PM
I wonder if Cassell stays?

This is definitely a good coaching upgrade.

Axe
05-29-2023, 07:53 PM
If they ditch Harden it’s still a dangerous team.

I would assume Nurse had some kind of assurance theyll do so, otherwise why tf would he want the job.
But embiid is cursed. So that will have to be factored in also.

hateraid
05-29-2023, 08:44 PM
I have a strong feeling Nurse brings in Lowry to help develop Maxey...

kabacho
05-29-2023, 09:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/mR22Qgp/1685395301366524.png

red1
05-29-2023, 09:29 PM
sixers got lucky. nurse is great.

not sure what my raps are doing. feels like every coach on the market would be a downgrade.

fourkicks44
05-29-2023, 09:41 PM

not sure what my raps are doing. feels like every coach on the market would be a downgrade.

Nurse and Siakam had their share or run ins, right?

The relationship ran it's course?

I know they f'cked up the play in but the fired him pretty quick foe someone that won a chip not long ago.

red1
05-29-2023, 09:43 PM
Nurse and Siakam had their share or run ins, right?

The relationship ran it's course?

I know they f'cked up the play in but the fired him pretty quick foe someone that won a chip not long ago.

I think he just got bored coaching kids

we're in a rebuild and he went from making playoff runs to not making playoffs

tbh probably not that exciting of a job coaching next years raptors. I think we'll give a rookie coach a shot so they grow with the team.

HighFlyer23
05-29-2023, 11:36 PM

Sixers will not win with Embiid as their centerpiece

BarberSchool
05-30-2023, 12:23 AM
Morey is great, and so is nurse.

Embiid future will be in good hands.

Philly got Lucky, this could have gotten ugly quick but this is smooth sailing.

Axe
05-30-2023, 12:24 AM
Sixers will not win with Embiid as their centerpiece
This. Still second-round fodder at best. The past 5+ postseasons prove it.

HighFlyer23
05-30-2023, 05:03 AM
This. Still second-round fodder at best. The past 5+ postseasons prove it.

He will always be “injured” and will always have an excuse

Doesn’t have the heart, passion, drive, determination, leadership ability, intangibles, or will power to get out the second round

Too busy clowning around and doing childish stuff on the court if they do get a little playoff success to be a winner. Jokic is punking this fool along with Perkins and the rest of the morons who cried about him not getting the MVP. Well you got your undeserved MVP and you made history for being the first MVP to never make it to the conference finals at the least. Jokic is going to become an NBA champion and will likely win Finals MVP.

What does embiid think is better? A ring plus or even minus a finals mvp or a regular season mvp with the embarrassment of not even making it to the conference finals?

They need to trade embiid if they want a title

bdonovan
05-30-2023, 05:04 AM
It's up to Nurse to develop a sound relationship with Embiid; if he can't do that, he will earn a second exit in a short amount of time.

The NBA doesn't work like it used to; it's a player's league today.

Embiid is the best player in the league today, and I'm including the great white hope in that discussion as well.

Nurse might be the right person to get all the pieces to work together. Along with Embiid, the 76ers with people like Maxey are stellar 3 pt shooters (#1 in the league). The biggest problem is the $37M contract for Harris. Some Front Office work is needed to unload that, even if it means making an uneven trade. The second biggest problem is a lack of an offensive scheme. The Sixers need a team offense not just Embiid or Harden trying to score, or else kicking it to the 3 point line. Nurse can engineer something like that.

HighFlyer23
05-30-2023, 05:09 AM
It's up to Nurse to develop a sound relationship with Embiid; if he can't do that, he will earn a second exit in a short amount of time.

Embiid is the best player in the league today, and I'm including the great white hope in that discussion as well.

Nurse might be the right person to get all the pieces to work together. Along with Embiid, the 76ers with people like Maxey are stellar 3 pt shooters (#1 in the league). The biggest problem is the $37M contract for Harris. Some Front Office work is needed to unload that, even if it means making an uneven trade. The second biggest problem is a lack of an offensive scheme. The Sixers need a team offense not just Embiid or Harden trying to score, or else kicking it to the 3 point line. Nurse can engineer something like that.

Embiid is trash

Biggest hype job in the NBA today

You’re not a great player if you cannot make it to Finals at least once. He’s been in the league
8 seasons now and missed 2 entirely due to injury.

He couldn’t even come close in his mvp season. He’s the definition of an unreliable loser.

Time to blow up the team completely and start fresh id say

bdonovan
05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Embiid is trash

Biggest hype job in the NBA today

You’re not a great player if you cannot make it to Finals at least once. He’s been in the league
8 seasons now and missed 2 entirely due to injury.

He couldn’t even come close in his mvp season. He’s the definition of an unreliable loser.

Time to blow up the team completely and start fresh id say

You missed an opportunity to make an intelligent criticism.

hold this L
06-03-2023, 12:14 AM

Embiid is nowhere near as good as Joker and not even a top 5 player (nor has he been at any point in his career). He's been in great teams in his career and has yet to make a conference finals.