PDA

View Full Version : No matter how game 7 goes Jaylen Brown will sign for 295 million this offseason.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 07:16 PM
Biggest contract in American sports history by yearly average.

How do you feeeeeel about that?

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2023, 07:20 PM
Will Bernie Sanders and rrr3 speak out about how he doesnt deserve it?

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2023, 07:20 PM
I don't care at all. Why are you so obsessed with these contracts?

Players make a lot of money nowadays. It's hardly interesting.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 07:23 PM

Players make a lot of money nowadays. It's hardly interesting.

Every time this record is broken till the day you die will be a “Breaking news” because it’s easy to agitate poor people into reacting to things they can’t get their heads around.

warriorfan
05-29-2023, 07:25 PM
Hey, I guess it’s not as bad as Beal’s contract at least.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 07:36 PM
Win or lose I hope he has a good game tonight because if he has 16 on poor shooting, and a loss it’s gonna be a whole “Should the Celtics….” thing. I feel like this one should be easier to sell.

plowking
05-29-2023, 07:59 PM
But, but - what about wealth distribution and income disparity? How can we let this happen?

Know why? People don't really care - and just like being victims and wanting free stuff.

eliteballer
05-29-2023, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZU5ZzWkL0g

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2023, 08:58 PM
Win or lose I hope he has a good game tonight because if he has 16 on poor shooting, and a loss it’s gonna be a whole “Should the Celtics….” thing. I feel like this one should be easier to sell.

3-10 in the first quarter.

Back up the Brinks truck!

ImKobe
05-29-2023, 09:01 PM
I hope the Celtics pay him the full amount.

red1
05-29-2023, 09:32 PM
get that money bro

everyone is overpaid nowadays. I dont even hate any more. just wouldnt that much cap being locked up on my team.

hateraid
05-29-2023, 09:42 PM
I remember when Hot Rod Williams received the highest contract in history. This feels very similar

Mask the Embiid
05-29-2023, 10:26 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/XY88m8BB/IMG-9494.gif

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 10:28 PM
get that money bro

everyone is overpaid nowadays. I dont even hate any more. just wouldnt that much cap being locked up on my team.

Tatum and Jalen are gonna combine for about 600 million.

L.Kizzle
Biggest contract in American sports history by yearly average.

Did he hear about it right before the game?

SATAN

Not worth it in comparison to certain other players but good for him.

ShawkFactory
05-29-2023, 10:29 PM
It went pretty bad :lol

Axe
05-29-2023, 10:29 PM
After tatum it was his turn. :eek:

L.Kizzle
05-29-2023, 10:30 PM
I remember when Hot Rod Williams received the highest contract in history. This feels very similar

Hot Rod was no where close to being an All-Star? Also didn't Jim McIlvaine get a huge contract as well.

red1
05-29-2023, 10:31 PM
Tatum and Jalen are gonna combine for about 600 million.

thats unreal.

I mean they're good but...

Wally450
05-29-2023, 10:33 PM
thats unreal.

I mean they're good but...

What’s crazy is in like 7-8 years when another stupid deal comes up, their contacts will look good lol.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 10:43 PM
Hot Rod was no where close to being an All-Star? Also didn't Jim McIlvaine get a huge contract as well.

They’re all huge…then they aren’t. The transition time always gives you weird names signing the biggest contracts ever.

warriorfan
05-29-2023, 10:45 PM

lmaoo

red1
05-29-2023, 10:46 PM
What’s crazy is in like 7-8 years when another stupid deal comes up, their contacts will look good lol.

yep

cant say the players dont deserve with all of the eyeballs they bring in.

NBAGOAT
05-29-2023, 10:52 PM
if a good trade for another star is available, I consider it. Jaylen did make all nba but I dont think he's top 15 and really even the 12th best player in the league is overpaid on the supermax. If you can negotiate it slightly down like utah with gobert, I'll keep him

Real Men Wear Green
05-29-2023, 10:56 PM
I'm good with it because I believe in his work ethic. He came into the NBA as ĵust a big athlete with an aggressive mentality. He has since that time developed a jumper (maybe the best in the league at midrange pull-ups) and forget some ballhandling skills but it's an area where he's not quite as good as he needs to be. I think/hope that his handling and passing can evolve just like his shooting. If it does he could legit become the best 2 in the game. But right now he's got work to do.

theman93
05-29-2023, 10:58 PM
He has one of the loosest handles I can ever remember for a star guard. His game would go to the next level if he ever tightened it up.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2023, 10:59 PM
I'm good with it because I believe in his work ethic. He came into the NBA as ĵust a big athlete with an aggressive mentality. He has since that time developed a jumper (maybe the best in the league at midrange pull-ups) and forget some ballhandling skills but it's an area where he's not quite as good as he needs to be. I think/hope that his handling and passing can evolve just like his shooting. If it does he could legit become the best 2 in the game. But right now he's got work to do.

Probably should leave and never come back after that comment.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 10:59 PM
Is Brown still the vice president of the players union? If so, I’d imagine he has to push for the most salary every time he comes up. Kinda his job to push the market. Or maybe not since nba max contracts are set…but it still might send the wrong message not to accept what he himself may have been involved in signing off on as the standard for all nba guys.

Can a union head take a pro management deal when he can reset the market?

Real Men Wear Green
05-29-2023, 11:07 PM
Is Brown still the vice president of the players union? If so, I’d imagine he has to push for the most salary every time he comes up. Kinda his job to push the market. Or maybe not since nba max contracts are set…but it still might send the wrong message not to accept what he himself may have been involved in signing off on as the standard for all nba guys.

Can a union head take a pro management deal when he can reset the market?
He was second team AllNBA. His dribbling is flawed but in the end what are the Celtics going to haggle over? "We think you are worth 50 mil per" when he could be getting 55? The numbers, as you are fond of pointing out, are going through the roof. The Celtics have now made the Conference finals for times with Tatum and Brown as their best players. I am assuming that no one like Gisnnis or Doncic is going to become available so you keep them together for another five years at least and most likely longer than that.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2023, 11:10 PM
Promote Derrick White to the starting lineup and trade Brown for someone who can play in the post.

warriorfan
05-29-2023, 11:10 PM
He was second team AllNBA. His dribbling is flawed but in the end what are the Celtics going to haggle over? "We think you are worth 50 mil per" when he could be getting 55? The numbers, as you are fond of pointing out, are going through the roof. The Celtics have now made the Conference finals for times with Tatum and Brown as their best players. I am assuming that no one like Gisnnis or Doncic is going to become available so you keep them together for another five years at least and most likely longer than that.

you are wasting your breath this is the same cat who wouldn’t have blinked twice at signing bradly beal

he doesn’t need no convincing

tpols
05-29-2023, 11:16 PM
He's generally been good enough in the playoffs to warrant a max contract. There are bums getting 100 million dollar contracts.

tpols
05-29-2023, 11:18 PM

lmaoo

Is that Kraus slapping pippens ass?

:roll:

Kblaze8855
05-29-2023, 11:23 PM

I wasnt saying he should take less I was saying I’m not sure that in his position it would be acceptable. Union guys taking team friendly deals?

I guess Paul did towards the end.

Real Men Wear Green
05-29-2023, 11:35 PM
I wasnt saying he should take less I was saying I’m not sure that in his position it would be acceptable. Union guys taking team friendly deals?

I guess Paul did towards the end.
There might be a compromise number that he would accept but I would hate to see the Celtics piss him off trying too hard to hit it. And in not sure how much it will matter.

warriorfan
05-29-2023, 11:41 PM

:roll:

amazing on so many levels

BarberSchool
05-30-2023, 12:15 AM

Players make a lot of money nowadays. It's hardly interesting.Contracts never interested me either. It’s a major focal point amongst Hindu/Jewish/broke-niccas-counting-other-niccas-money/gold-diggin-bitch fans, in my experience.

1987_Lakers
05-30-2023, 12:22 AM
Just something about his game I never really liked. I know he is one of the better players in this league and an All-star, but his lack of ball-handling skills & lack of playmaking & lack of basketball IQ turn me off. He could score, but seems pretty weak in every other aspect.

BarberSchool
05-30-2023, 12:24 AM

:roll:certainly appears that way.
With his tongue out….

iamgine
05-30-2023, 12:33 AM
Brown is around Beal/Derozan level. Mid-low end scorer. Paying him that much is going to cripple the Celtics for the next few years unless he improves greatly.

L.Kizzle
05-30-2023, 01:32 AM
Brown is around Beal/Derozan level. Mid-low end scorer. Paying him that much is going to cripple the Celtics for the next few years unless he improves greatly.
DeRozan is a tier above Brown.

Session
05-30-2023, 01:42 AM
Jaylen Brown is not worth nearly the same as Jayson Tatum and in these playoffs it has been made quite clear.

He's going to be one of those front-line players cashing in like a superstar.

There are role players who perform much more and are not remotely close to earning something similar.

I suppose that with the salary regulations in hand, he deserves them, but we all know that he is going to be overpaid with that contract.

GimmeThat
05-30-2023, 01:56 AM
if you asked Caldwell-Pope, he'd tell you Brown is one of his least favorite person to defend

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2023, 05:20 AM
Not looking good for Brown

BallsOut
05-30-2023, 09:57 AM
Jaylen Brown getting 295 mill for occasionally putting some ball through a hoop and disappointing in the playoffs vs the ups guy who always delivers rain or snow getting $25 an hour in Chicago. That’s America’s problem

Airupthere
05-30-2023, 10:04 AM
He does not deserve it

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2023, 10:43 AM
He’s basically a bigger Kemba Walker, right?? A guy they overpaid and then got rid of because his contract stunk :lol I guess Brown plays better defense but he didnt exactly strike me as a ‘master stopper’ in these playoffs.

Had a few nice scoring seasons early in his career, it’s natural human psychology to assume “thats just the beginning” and he’s gonna somehow keep getting better and better and better. Which is not really the way it usually goes unless a guy is a project to begin with, or hes buried on the depth chart and not featured early on. But some guys just hit their ceilings early and it makes fans imagine how much better theyll keep getting, but really… this is probably who Brown is. He’s been in the league as a starting player for a few years now, theres not much Id expect he’ll suddenly get better at.

If this is the kinda performance you wanna give a guy 1/3 of a billion dollars to put up… hey thats on the Celtics.

PP34Deuce
05-30-2023, 11:10 AM
Jaylen is what jimmy butler was In hismid 20s.

Probably will Be a better 3 point shooter but has elite 2 way ability. He's not a playmaker that can pass out double team or get a bucket from iso against all NBA defenders.

Kblaze8855
05-30-2023, 12:28 PM
It’s setting in

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2305302155350379.jpeg

bladefd
05-30-2023, 02:02 PM
It’s setting in

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2305302155350379.jpeg

As a lakers fan myself, I hope the Celtics are stupid enough to give jaylen brown that supermax. I would enjoy watching the Celtics burn for the next 5 years as their number of assets dwindle after massive jaylen contract.

Real Men Wear Green
05-30-2023, 08:16 PM
He’s basically a bigger Kemba Walker, right?? A guy they overpaid and then got rid of because his contract stunk :lol IIt's weird how you post about things you have no clue about. Someone with the most basic knowledge would know that Walker didn't work out because he had a bad knee issue. And comparing him as a player to Brown as if the only difference is height? It's just ignorant.

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2023, 09:19 PM
It's weird how you post about things you have no clue about. Someone with the most basic knowledge would know that Walker didn't work out because he had a bad knee issue. And comparing him as a player to Brown as if the only difference is height? It's just ignorant.

Nah, he’s a taller Kemba Walker.

Just like youre a less attractive, less intelligent Beatlejuice.

https://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_fill,g_center,w_1200/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/sjvycq7n8bslowkhjzyi.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
05-30-2023, 09:36 PM
Following up a stupid comparison with a stupid joke? OK.

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2023, 09:39 PM
Following up a stupid comparison with a stupid joke? OK.

^ It thinks I was joking :lol

Charlie Sheen
05-30-2023, 10:29 PM
Reggie Miller said something during the broadcast last night... "you cant get it all back at once" I think it was the second half after brown collected a rebound, dribbled to the front court and jacked up a 3 without any other player touching the ball. That was Mazzulla's biggest failure... he needed to step up and limit their ballhandling duties when either of them showed they cant be relied on to run the offense.