PDA

View Full Version : Jaylen Brown for Brandon Ingram

AirBonner
05-30-2023, 02:56 AM
Who says no? Jaylen brown been the better defender Ingram clearly has better handles passing and shooting. Ingram and Tatum are both duke guys

Mask the Embiid
05-30-2023, 02:58 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/fLzZ6Yz2/IMG-9492.png

AirBonner
05-30-2023, 03:02 AM

Embiid’s tan looking good

Axe
05-30-2023, 03:14 AM
Don't make ImKobe mad. He hates that Cs team so much. :kobe: :no:

iamgine
05-30-2023, 03:27 AM
They're about the same level except Ingram is way less proven in the playoff.

ImKobe
05-30-2023, 03:42 AM
Why would the Pels do it? BI is on a better contract and is a better player lol.

BallsOut
05-30-2023, 09:29 AM
Why would the Pels do it? BI is on a better contract and is a better player lol.

Yup Tatum and Brown have shown they’re not first options. Brandon lngram is the best player from the three and has something both those guys lack: a killer instinct along with beast measurements and a beautiful handle. Should have never traded him for Anthony Davis

Wally450
05-30-2023, 09:33 AM
Yup Tatum and Brown have shown they’re not first options. Brandon lngram is the best player from the three and has something both those guys lack: a killer instinct along with beast measurements and a beautiful handle. Should have never traded him for Anthony Davis

lol

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2023, 09:33 AM

This.

BallsOut
05-30-2023, 09:35 AM
lol

I’d laugh too if I had to watch Tatum and Brown shit the bed every single playoffs. Should’ve traded for Durant when y’all had the chance

1987_Lakers
05-30-2023, 09:35 AM

Hi warriorfan, thanks for confirming the Warriors title last year was a joke. Weak competition.

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Who says no? Jaylen brown been the better defender Ingram clearly has better handles passing and shooting. Ingram and Tatum are both duke guys

Pelicans say no. Ingram > both Tatum and Brown

Axe
06-05-2023, 07:06 PM
Hi warriorfan, thanks for confirming the Warriors title last year was a joke. Weak competition.
:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
06-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Op is not a Celtics fan or even particularly sane. How often does second team AllNBA get traded for a non allstar?

Really this is the result of bandwagon James stan talking big and then overreacting when the team didn't back up his mouth. Celtics are about to hand Brown a massive contract. Ingram in sure is doing well and will continue to get his but he's just not on that level.

Manny98
06-05-2023, 07:11 PM
Op is not a Celtics fan or even particularly sane. How often does second team AllNBA get traded for a non allstar?

Really this is the result of bandwagon James stan talking big and then overreacting when the team didn't back up his mouth. Celtics are about to hand Brown a massive contract. Ingram in sure is doing well and will continue to get his but he's just not on that level.
What?

Ingram and Jaylen are near enough on the same level

Ingram is the better shooter and superior ball handler and playmaker whilst Jaylen is a better finisher and slightly better defender

Ingram would have likely made the all star team this year if he was healthy

BallsOut
06-05-2023, 07:14 PM
What?

Ingram is the better shooter and superior ball handler and playmaker whilst Jaylen is a better finisher and slightly better defender

RMWG is right. Ingram isn't on Brown's level. He's on a level above Brown.

Real Men Wear Green
06-05-2023, 07:21 PM
What?

"What" about AllNBA vs non allstar is hard to understand? If you miss almost half the season and as a direct result your team doesn't make the playoffs it negatively affects your value. In 6 of his 7 seasons Ingram had missed at least 20 games. That's a problem. Brown is the better scorer rebounder and defender (the difference here is not just slight) and he didn't just miss 37 games. 6 of 7 years we have seen Ingram misses a quarter or more of the season. It's not just a fluke.

Though in the spirit of fairness I should point out that I didn't do the math on the bubble season and how many games he missed that year.

Real Men Wear Green
06-05-2023, 07:22 PM
RMWG is right. Ingram isn't on Brown's level. He's on a level above Brown. that level has no AllNBA players on it apparently so it doesn't exist.

Airupthere
06-05-2023, 07:48 PM
Jaylen Brown is overrated

Mask the Embiid
06-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Why the hell would the pelicans do that?

Edit nvm I see Ive already answered this troll post

tontoz
06-05-2023, 08:39 PM
I saw a story recently that the Pels were frustrated that Ingram missed so much time this season with a toe contusion.

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 01:17 AM
"What" about AllNBA vs non allstar is hard to understand? If you miss almost half the season and as a direct result your team doesn't make the playoffs it negatively affects your value. In 6 of his 7 seasons Ingram had missed at least 20 games. That's a problem. Brown is the better scorer rebounder and defender (the difference here is not just slight) and he didn't just miss 37 games. 6 of 7 years we have seen Ingram misses a quarter or more of the season. It's not just a fluke.

Though in the spirit of fairness I should point out that I didn't do the math on the bubble season and how many games he missed that year.

That's false. There were only 72 games in '20 & '21 so he couldn't have missed 20+ games then.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 06:09 AM

They're literally even as scorers wtf are you talking about? Ingram is the better shooter and is more efficient so if anything Ingram is the better scorer

Ingram is vastly superior and playmaking and ball handling

They're on the same tier as basketball players but again you're too bias as a fan to agree with that

PeroAntic
06-06-2023, 06:10 AM
Would definitely make the trade. Jaylen is better defensively, but Boston already have a great defensive unit so they would need more of Ingram's offensive skillset than his D.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 07:33 AM
They're literally even as scorers wtf are you talking about? Ingram is the better shooter and is more efficient so if anything Ingram is the better scorer

Ingram is vastly superior and playmaking and ball handling

They're on the same tier as basketball players but again you're too bias as a fan to agree with that
You again completely ignore how many games Ingram misses. You claim Ingram is just as good a scorer when Brown averages more points and does it more efficiently. Check the shooting numbers. Ingram does have a better handle but is inferior as a rebounder and defender. And oh yeah, he missed 37 games.

Being a hater is also a form of bias. FYI.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 07:44 AM
You again completely ignore how many games Ingram misses. You claim Ingram is just as good a scorer when Brown averages more points and does it more efficiently. Check the shooting numbers. Ingram does have a better handle but is inferior as a rebounder and defender. And oh yeah, he missed 37 games.

Being a hater is also a form of bias. FYI.

No Brown had a lower PER and TS% than Ingram this year. In fact Ingram has him beat in virtually every single advanced stat, both are nothing special on the defensive end.

Games played is irrelevant in this discussion

I'm not a hater of either player, but everything points to them being around the same level as players, saying Jaylen is a whole tier above Ingram is your Boston delusion talking bud

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 08:01 AM
No Brown had a lower PER and TS% than Ingram this year. In fact Ingram has him beat in virtually every single advanced stat, both are nothing special on the defensive end.

Games played is irrelevant in this discussion

I'm not a hater of either player, but everything points to them being around the same level as players, saying Jaylen is a whole tier above Ingram is your Boston delusion talking bud
Games played is irrelevant when missed games are the reason why Ingram's team missed the playoffs? That's an idiotic take. I didn't say anything about PER (that's an overarching stat that tries to evaluate everything not just scoring that you shouldn't be citing because you almost definitely don't know what it means). I pointed at the fact that Brown scores more points and is sorting a better percentage. You continue to ignore what Brown does defensively and the fact that 5 out of 7 years Ingram has missed a quarter of the season including 37 missed games this year that directly relates to the Pelicans missing the playoffs.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Yes games played is irrelevant when talking about who's better at basketball

Brown is average at best defensively, never seen him shut anyone down, Butler was cooking the Celtics all series

Again Ingram has a better 3 point percentage and has a higher true shooting percentage, read again

Playmaking and ball handling Ingram is vastly superior

On the scale of 1-10 if Jaylen is a 8.7 then Ingram is a 8.6 they are virtually on the same level as players

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 11:20 AM

Brown is average at best defensively, never seen him shut anyone down, Butler was cooking the Celtics all series

Again Ingram has a better 3 point percentage and has a higher true shooting percentage, read again

On the scale of 1-10 if Jaylen is a 8.7 then Ingram is a 8.6 they are virtually on the same level as players

Brown himself has also missed 14+ games the last 4 seasons but he's on a stacked team so it doesn't matter. He's also putting all the blame on BI's injuries when Zion hasn't been available for more than 29 games in 3 out of his 4 seasons and has played just 29 games in the last two years.

Fact is that BI got them to the Play-In by winning 9 out of the last 12 (should have been 10 out of the last 12 but the refs robbed them against Minnesota) games with 29/6/8 averages on 51/38/91 shooting. A healthy BI is clearly a better player than Jaylen Brown. Jaylen Brown's defense is also mad overrated at this point.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 11:49 AM

On the scale of 1-10 if Jaylen is a 8.7 then Ingram is a 8.6 they are virtually on the same level as players If games played are irrelevant then so must be making the playoffs and winning in general. That's a stupid way to think. Of course it matters and of course it effects their value, one guy is AllNBA and the other is not even an allstar and you can't tell any difference apparently. You want to see Brown defend take a look at what he did to James Harden after game 1. Ând an excellent example of his defense vs a star would be how he shut down Pascal Siakam in the 2020 playoffs. You don't know about his defense because you've been paying no attention, which is also likely why you think a guy that misses 37 games is just as valuable. Oh, and again: Brown spots better from the field. And didn't just miss 37 games.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 11:56 AM
Brown himself has also missed 14+ games the last 4 seasons but he's on a stacked team so it doesn't matter. He's also putting all the blame on BI's injuries when Zion hasn't been available for more than 29 games in 3 out of his 4 seasons and has played just 29 games in the last two years.

Fact is that BI got them to the Play-In by winning 9 out of the last 12 (should have been 10 out of the last 12 but the refs robbed them against Minnesota) games with 29/6/8 averages on 51/38/91 shooting. A healthy BI is clearly a better player than Jaylen Brown. Jaylen Brown's defense is also mad overrated at this point.Williamson is their best player so his injuries are even more important and I've never said otherwise. But if you think Ingram missing 37 games was not a major reason why they missed the playoffs your opinion of his impact is actually a lot lower than mine. Brown had had some injuries honestly but he's never been anywhere near 37 missed games and Ingram's normal 20 is still far beyond Brown.

It's amusing how you again want to cherry pick the numbers from a few games of Ingram but not look at his totality. 24 ppg 5 boards 5 assists... pretty good there... but Brown had him beat in points and rebounds. And didn't miss 37 games.

And did I mention that he missed 37 games?

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 11:59 AM
BI's only missed 21 more games than Jaylen over the last 4 seasons with a total of 85.. it's actually not as bad as people make it out to be. He's also been healthy in the 2nd halves of these seasons but his teams suck and his star teammate is always out and he's in a shitty market, so he gets little to no coverage.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 12:07 PM
BI's only missed 21 more games than Jaylen over the last 4 seasons with a total of 85.. it's actually not as bad as people make it out to be. He's also been healthy in the 2nd halves of these seasons but his teams suck and his star teammate is always out and he's in a shitty market, so he gets little to no coverage.
5 out of 7 seasons he's missed 20+ games and last season he was gone for half the year. Sorry NO isn't a big enough market for you but that's still his team and they need him to play.

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 12:12 PM
Williamson is their best player so his injuries are even more important and I've never said otherwise. But if you think Ingram missing 37 games was not a major reason why they missed the playoffs your opinion of his impact is actually a lot lower than mine. Brown had had some injuries honestly but he's never been anywhere near 37 missed games and Ingram's normal 20 is still far beyond Brown.

It's amusing how you again want to cherry pick the numbers from a few games of Ingram but not look at his totality. 24 ppg 5 boards 5 assists... pretty good there... but Brown had him beat in points and rebounds. And didn't miss 37 games.

And did I mention that he missed 37 games?

I mean yeah this season sucked, but he still got them back in it with a healthy post-ASB run but ultimately they have 0 chance without Zion anyway. At best they'd have lost in the 1st round against Denver or Memphis with a little more luck so I can't really put it all on him either.

Neither him nor Jaylen are that durable but Jaylen's on a stacked team with a healthy co-star so he's viewed in a different light. I said that BI only missed 21 more games than Jaylen, but Jaylen also missed the Playoffs due to injury in 2021 as well so add 5 missed games on top of Brown's 64 (85 for BI vs 69 for Jaylen), and the gap would probably have been even less if the Pels weren't out of the PO race late in '20 & '21 seasons where they opted to rest him.

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 12:13 PM
5 out of 7 seasons he's missed 20+ games and last season he was gone for half the year. Sorry NO isn't a big enough market for you but that's still his team and they need him to play.

I already told you that's a lie. There were only 72 RS games in the '20 & '21 seasons due to COVID.. Jaylen's missed 14+ games in each of the last 4 seasons and missed the '21 Playoffs as well.

ShawkFactory
06-06-2023, 12:17 PM
They're similar level players but Ingram plays the same position as Tatum so why would they trade?

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 12:26 PM
I already told you that's a lie. There were only 72 RS games in the '20 & '21 seasons due to COVID.. Jaylen's missed 14+ games in each of the last 4 seasons and missed the '21 Playoffs as well.
Step 1: Click on this link.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ingrabr01.html

Step 2: Scroll down to the "Per Game" Area. White font with brown background, bold face type.

Step 3: Read the list under Games Played.

The last 6 seasons the most games Ingram played was 62. Which means that in only the lockout season of those 6 seasons has he missed less than 20 games.

He has played one season of good health, his first year, leaving us at...5 out of 7.

So no, I did not lie, the problem is between your ears.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 12:29 PM
I mean yeah this season sucked, but he still got them back in it with a healthy post-ASB run but ultimately they have 0 chance without Zion anyway. At best they'd have lost in the 1st round against Denver or Memphis with a little more luck so I can't really put it all on him either.

Neither him nor Jaylen are that durable but Jaylen's on a stacked team with a healthy co-star so he's viewed in a different light. I said that BI only missed 21 more games than Jaylen, but Jaylen also missed the Playoffs due to injury in 2021 as well so add 5 missed games on top of Brown's 64 (85 for BI vs 69 for Jaylen), and the gap would probably have been even less if the Pels weren't out of the PO race late in '20 & '21 seasons where they opted to rest him.
Amusing to see you want to add missed games to JB for 2021. How many more missed games should then be added to Ingram for almost never making the playoffs?

None, because that's a stupid "point" to try to make.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 12:41 PM
If games played are irrelevant then so must be making the playoffs and winning in general. That's a stupid way to think. Of course it matters and of course it effects their value, one guy is AllNBA and the other is not even an allstar and you can't tell any difference apparently. You want to see Brown defend take a look at what he did to James Harden after game 1. Ând an excellent example of his defense vs a star would be how he shut down Pascal Siakam in the 2020 playoffs. You don't know about his defense because you've been paying no attention, which is also likely why you think a guy that misses 37 games is just as valuable. Oh, and again: Brown spots better from the field. And didn't just miss 37 games.

I do know about his defense and it's average nothing special, shutting down Harden was a team effort and more to do with Harden being a mental choking midget

Ingram's TS% this year is 58.2 whilst Jaylens is 58.1 I don't know where you are getting that Jaylens is more efficient when he statistically isn't

Also are you going to continue to ignore Ingram being a way better playmaker and ball handler

I'm not talking about who's more valuable just who is the better player when they are on the court

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 12:41 PM
Step 1: Click on this link.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ingrabr01.html

Step 2: Scroll down to the "Per Game" Area. White font with brown background, bold face type.

Step 3: Read the list under Games Played.

The last 6 seasons the most games Ingram played was 62. Which means that in only the lockout season of those 6 seasons has he missed less than 20 games.

He has played one season of good health, his first year, leaving us at...5 out of 7.

So no, I did not lie, the problem is between your ears.

You clearly are trying to bullshit your way out of this. Even if you didn't do it on purpose you clearly overlooked the COVID years or didn't know they only played 72 then. So he's actually missed 20+ games in 4 out of 7 seasons and not 6 out of 7 like you said. Even in the "lockout" seasons they shut him down early at the end because they had no chance of making the POs.

Reality is that Brown's missed an average of 16 RS games per season in the last 4 years to Ingram's 21, which means Ingram's actually been healthier in 2 out of the last 4 years since he missed half of his total in this span.

And most NBA stars barely get to 70 total games played per season as is so BI isn't even that injury-prone compared to his peers when you have Brown, Curry, KD, Kawhi, PG, Dame, Lebron, Kyrie, Embiid, AD etc all missing a 70-100+ games in this stretch.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 12:46 PM
I do know about his defense and it's average nothing special, shutting down Harden was a team effort and more to do with Harden being a mental choking midget

Ingram's TS% this year is 58.2 whilst Jaylens is 58.1 I don't know where you are getting that Jaylens is more efficient when he statistically isn't

Also are you going to continue to ignore Ingram being a way better playmaker and ball handler

I'm not talking about who's more valuable just who is the better player when they are on the court
Long ago I acknowledged that Ingram is the better ballhandler. You continue to ignore the importance of missing 37 games and want to pretend like Brown isn't a much better defender. So you can continue to wonder why Brown was All-NBA while Ingram wasn't even an All-Star. The truth is out there.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 12:48 PM
You clearly are trying to bullshit your way out of this. Even if you didn't do it on purpose you clearly overlooked the COVID years or didn't know they only played 72 then. So he's actually missed 20+ games in 4 out of 7 seasons and not 6 out of 7 like you said. Even in the "lockout" seasons they shut him down early at the end because they had no chance of making the POs.

Reality is that Brown's missed an average of 16 RS games per season in the last 4 years to Ingram's 21, which means Ingram's actually been healthier in 2 out of the last 4 years since he missed half of his total in this span.

And most NBA stars barely get to 70 total games played per season as is so BI isn't even that injury-prone compared to his peers when you have Brown, Curry, KD, Kawhi, PG, Dame, Lebron, Kyrie, Embiid, AD etc all missing a 70-100+ games in this stretch.You have a point. My mistake, still missed 37 games.

theballerFKA Ace
06-06-2023, 12:49 PM
that level has no AllNBA players on it apparently so it doesn't exist.

You are overemphasizing this All NBA stuff. Tatum has been 1st team 2 years in a row and has never been a top 5 player. Neither is SGA. None of the the 3rd All NBA team were top 15 players this year except for maybe Fox.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 12:52 PM
Long ago I acknowledged that Ingram is the better ballhandler. You continue to ignore the importance of missing 37 games and want to pretend like Brown isn't a much better defender. So you can continue to wonder why Brown was All-NBA while Ingram wasn't even an All-Star. The truth is out there.
And for the 5th time Im not arguing who's more valuable I'm am arguing that based off what they do on the basketball court they're are around the same level

Jaylens made the all nba team over both Kawhi and KD this year, does that make him better than those guys as well :lol

ImKobe
06-06-2023, 01:05 PM
You have a point. My mistake, still missed 37 games.

And that's a valid point. Pelicans are a ****ing mess though so who knows how many of these games missed were actually on their medical staff screwing up here. They haven't been able to get Zion into game shape for 4 years now and simple injuries seem to sideline him and BI both for much longer stretches than expected.

Ingram is a better fit for Boston than Jaylen if we just look at their games and what the Celtics need though. I'm sure the Cs have already asked the Pels about a potential swap since (IMO) they don't want to move forward with Jaylen on a supermax after next season, but I'm not sure the Pels would be willing to give up BI when he's on a really team-friendly deal either, unless BI asks out himself of course.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 01:39 PM
You are overemphasizing this All NBA stuff. Tatum has been 1st team 2 years in a row and has never been a top 5 player. Neither is SGA. None of the the 3rd All NBA team were top 15 players this year except for maybe Fox.
You are overemphasizing the importance of your opinion. You don't think Tatum is top 5? Fine. Has nothing to do with an All-NBA player being compared to a guy that wasn't even an All-Star.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 01:46 PM
And that's a valid point. Pelicans are a ****ing mess though so who knows how many of these games missed were actually on their medical staff screwing up here. They haven't been able to get Zion into game shape for 4 years now and simple injuries seem to sideline him and BI both for much longer stretches than expected.https://www.si.com/nba/pelicans/nba/pelicans-frustrated-brandon-ingram-toe-injury#:~:text=New%20Orleans%2C%20La.,15%2D10%20ov er%20that%20span.

The team wasn't keeping him out, it was his own decision.

Ingram is a better fit for Boston than Jaylen if we just look at their games and what the Celtics need though. I'm sure the Cs have already asked the Pels about a potential swap since (IMO) they don't want to move forward with Jaylen on a supermax after next season, but I'm not sure the Pels would be willing to give up BI when he's on a really team-friendly dal either, unless BI asks out himself of course.Ingram is Tatum without any weight training. They don't need a second option that is likely to miss more games and will force the players around him to take up more of the load defensively. Unless Ingram is going to play through more than he has and defend at a higher level than he has I don't see how this is even even let alone an improvement.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 02:31 PM
You are overemphasizing the importance of your opinion. You don't think Tatum is top 5? Fine. Has nothing to do with an All-NBA player being compared to a guy that wasn't even an All-Star.
Jimmy Butler wasn't an all star either this year :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Jimmy Butler wasn't an all star either this year :oldlol: You want to compare Brandon Ingram to Jimmy Butler?

Manny98
06-06-2023, 02:49 PM
You want to compare Brandon Ingram to Jimmy Butler?
Your literal argument was Brown is an all star and Ingram isn't :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Your literal argument was Brown is an all star and Ingram isn't :facepalm
My literal argument is that Brown is AllNBA and Ingram isn't even an allstar. Butler has nothing to do with it from my perspective. Butler has made these awards numerous times and also had a history of great playoff performance including this postseason that puts him in a different class from Ingram who has only been an allstar once and only played in one series.

Manny98
06-06-2023, 03:29 PM
Now you're moving goalposts, what has awards a player has won in the past have anything to do with who's better right now

I think they're on the same level you obviously think Jaylens is somehow tiers above Ingram despite analytics and everything else suggesting not but I'll leave it at that

PeroAntic
06-06-2023, 05:23 PM
Butler is indeed in a different class from Ingram, but Brown isn't. Manny wins this round.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 07:12 PM
Butler is indeed in a different class from Ingram, but Brown isn't. Manny wins this round.
You and Manny don't appear to care about games played or defense. Brown won AllNBA. What awards did Ingram get in his 45 game season? You guys can have your opinion but it's not particularly widespread.

PeroAntic
06-06-2023, 07:23 PM
You and Manny don't appear to care about games played or defense. Brown won AllNBA. What awards did Ingram get in his 45 game season? You guys can have your opinion but it's not particularly widespread.

Youre fixated on this all NBA thing but once you partial out the context its far from clear. A better team makes a player look better as well. All NBA is based on team success similar to MVP. The question is how would Ingram play if you swap Brown with him? I dont think Brown would be all NBA if he played for NO instead of Ingram. Were dealing with counterfactuals here as usual so other factors (and some imagination) play a part.

And the missed games argument is also weak. Injuries are now common around the league, but Ingram doesn't seem to have any structural issues or serious injries (ACL, achilles, tears etc) so it can be attributed to chance. Its not as big of an advantage as you think, we're not talking about Brandon Roy here.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 07:41 PM
If you swap Ingram and Brown the Celtics fall down the Eastern conference rankings because he misses another 20 games. Now Philly has home court advantage and the Celtics lose their best defender on Harden. Congratulations you just saved Doc Rivers job. The missed games are a major reason why Ingram had only played in one postseason and in that appearance they were the road team. Of course it matters in fact there's nothing more important than actually playing. You think Orleans is happy about losing every year? Whatever then.

Jasper
06-06-2023, 09:37 PM
They're about the same level except Ingram is way less proven in the playoff.

this ... thank you.

Brown by a long mile
/

BallsOut
06-06-2023, 10:27 PM
Ingram is basically Durant light. He can do everything Durant does and has a way better handle. Easily above Brown as a basketball player. The majority of us in this thread can clearly see that. Only the homers think otherwise

ShawkFactory
06-06-2023, 10:33 PM
Ingram is basically Durant light. He can do everything Durant does and has a way better handle. Easily above Brown as a basketball player. The majority of us in this thread can clearly see that. Only the homers think otherwise

How is he Durant light then?

BallsOut
06-06-2023, 10:35 PM
How is he Durant light then?

He plays like Durant, has the shot and the reach. Also has a drive game with his PG handles he learned in LA

RRR3
06-06-2023, 10:36 PM
He plays like Durant, has the shot and the reach. Also has a drive game with his PG handles he learned in LA
Too dimwitted to even get what he's asking, yikes.

BallsOut
06-06-2023, 10:40 PM
Too dimwitted to even get what he's asking, yikes.

Calm down titty boy :lebronamazed:

ShawkFactory
06-06-2023, 11:12 PM

So how is he Durant light then? If he does everything Durant can do with a better handle.

BallsOut
06-06-2023, 11:27 PM
So how is he Durant light then? If he does everything Durant can do with a better handle.

He’s younger than Durant

ShawkFactory
06-07-2023, 09:23 AM
He’s younger than Durant

I see. So if you’re older you’re heavy.

And Brandon Ingram is better than Durant.

Let’s see if teams react accordingly!

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 01:01 PM
If you swap Ingram and Brown the Celtics fall down the Eastern conference rankings because he misses another 20 games. Now Philly has home court advantage and the Celtics lose their best defender on Harden. Congratulations you just saved Doc Rivers job. The missed games are a major reason why Ingram had only played in one postseason and in that appearance they were the road team. Of course it matters in fact there's nothing more important than actually playing. You think Orleans is happy about losing every year? Whatever then.

That’s like saying Anthony Edwards is better than Kawhi Leonard. Injuries don’t factor into that. You compare players at their best. Brandon Ingram is literally head and shoulders above Jaylen Brown in every aspect of basketball.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 01:35 PM
That’s like saying Anthony Edwards is better than Kawhi Leonard. Injuries don’t factor into that. You compare players at their best. Brandon Ingram is literally head and shoulders above Jaylen Brown in every aspect of basketball.
Except that he doesn't score more points grab more rebounds or defend as well. And he misses 37 games.

But if you're going to put Ingram up there with Durant then there's really nothing to be said.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 01:37 PM
Also: Anthony Edwards is infinitely more valuable to a franchise than Kawhi Leonard. That's a terrible example to use. Saying Ingram injury issues are like Leonard's would be unfair to Ingram and I actually wouldn't go there.

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 02:26 PM
Except that he doesn't score more points grab more rebounds or defend as well. And he misses 37 games.

But if you're going to put Ingram up there with Durant then there's really nothing to be said.

Stats don’t make Brown better, the eye test shows Ingram is better at all those things. When you need a bucket late in the 4th, Brown ain’t him.

It’s like saying LeBron is a better scorer than Durant because he averages more points. Basketball skill is something you observe, numbers on a stat sheet are misleading.

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Also: Anthony Edwards is infinitely more valuable to a franchise than Kawhi Leonard. That's a terrible example to use. Saying Ingram injury issues are like Leonard's would be unfair to Ingram and I actually wouldn't go there.

You’re arguing something off topic. No one would ever say Anthony Edwards is better than Kawhi even with his injury issues and he’s got a lot of those

ShawkFactory
06-07-2023, 02:30 PM
Stats don’t make Brown better, the eye test shows Ingram is better at all those things. When you need a bucket late in the 4th, Brown ain’t him.

It’s like saying LeBron is a better scorer than Durant because he averages more points. Basketball skill is something you observe, numbers on a stat sheet are misleading.

I don't think anyone says that.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 03:04 PM

A and yet somehow JB averaged 27 points. Must be mirrors.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 03:05 PM
You’re arguing something off topic. No one would ever say Anthony Edwards is better than Kawhi even with his injury issues and he’s got a lot of those
I would take Edwards over Leonard. Easily.

Manny98
06-07-2023, 03:26 PM
A and yet somehow JB averaged 27 points. Must be mirrors.
Which dwindles down to 23 in the playoffs

Meanwhile Ingram averaged 27/6/6 in the playoffs last year against the number 1 record in the league

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 03:33 PM
I would take Edwards over Leonard. Easily.

That kind of mindset is maybe why Boston consistently falls short every season

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 03:51 PM
Which dwindles down to 23 in the playoffs

Meanwhile Ingram averaged 27/6/6 in the playoffs last year against the number 1 record in the league
And what did Ingram average in the playoffs this year? How many times has he helped a team reach the Finals? Conference Finals?

You are trying to argue for Ingram. You don't want to talk about the playoffs.

Manny98
06-07-2023, 03:53 PM
And what did Ingram average in the playoffs this year? How many times has he helped a team reach the Finals? Conference Finals?

You are trying to argue for Ingram. You don't want to talk about the playoffs.
If Brown was in Ingram's shoes the Pelicans would be even worse.

Facts are that, Ingram in his first playoff series played better than any of Jaylens playoff series in his entire career

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 03:55 PM

Facts are that, Ingram in his first playoff series played better than any of Jaylens playoff series in his entire career

:lebronamazed:

Manny going in

Manny98
06-07-2023, 03:56 PM
https://youtu.be/vGqUet6J9sg

Imagine paying this guy 250 million dollars who can't even handle the ball with his left hand without getting pickpocketed :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 03:56 PM
That kind of mindset is maybe why Boston consistently falls short every season
Didnt know I was in charge of the Celtics but since you want to discuss winning what has Leonard done for the Clippers? They just load managed him for 30 games only to lose in the first round after he suffered a season-ending injury anyway. Something like that has happened every yearand there is no reason to believe anything has changed. You guys can think durability doesn't matter but you guys are idiots so you're supposed to harbor stupid ideas.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 03:57 PM

So you're saying that instead of missing the playoffs they would miss the playoffs? I see.

BallsOut
06-07-2023, 03:58 PM
Didnt know I was in charge of the Celtics but since you want to discuss winning what has Leonard done for the Clippers? They just load managed him for 30 games only to lose in the first round after he suffered a season-ending injury anyway. Something like that has happened every yearand there is no reason to believe anything has changed. You guys can think durability doesn't matter but you guys are idiots so you're supposed to harbor stupid ideas.

I would get upset and defensive too if my franchise was about to pay Jaylen Brown 60 mill a year for the next 5 years

:roll:

Manny98
06-07-2023, 03:59 PM
So you're saying that instead of missing the playoffs they would miss the playoffs? I see.

They would miss the play in altogether

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 04:00 PM
I would get upset and defensive too if my franchise was about to pay Jaylen Brown 60 mill a year for the next 5 years

:roll:Him and Tatum have lead the Celtics to the conference Finals four times. How many times Ingram been to the Conference finals again?

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 04:01 PM
They would miss the play in altogether
Well that would be tragic. They hang a banner for losing a play in game?

Manny98
06-07-2023, 04:01 PM