PDA

View Full Version : Team Jokic or Team Butler?

90sgoat
05-30-2023, 05:39 AM
Who you got?

LeGoat4Life
05-30-2023, 05:48 AM
Joker all the way. Just humble and likeable in all aspect

90sgoat
05-30-2023, 05:49 AM
Joker all the way. Just humble and likeable in all aspect

I like them both, so even though I will root for Jokic to win his first, I can live with Butler too.

plowking
05-30-2023, 07:11 AM
I'm happy with either team winning.

I'd like Joker to get one for the greatness narrative. NBA basketball and media in the US just loves creating the narrative of "you can't win with this type of player" or whatever else they want to push. It is just nice seeing these so called know it alls eat their words.

Phoenix
05-30-2023, 07:51 AM
I have no dog in the fight, I just want a good final with good officiating( which we have a better chance of with certain teams/players out of the picture). I feel like who shows out the best between Butler and Murray will be more of a deciding factor than Joker doing his thing ( which I'm sure he will).

Axe
05-30-2023, 08:03 AM
Joker for sure.

Kinda hard to cheer for a play-in team to win it all in the finals, especially when they're gassed out after they got pushed to 7 games despite leading 3-0 earlier.

Great effort tho. Just not used to seeing a team dominate the whole conference with a paltry record.

Akeem34TheDream
05-30-2023, 08:42 AM
Both teams are likeable but Nuggets are the better team. I want the better team to win.

Mask the Embiid
05-30-2023, 11:16 AM
I want Jimmy to win because he’s black. I’m not going to tip toe around it and use coded words like “he’s more likeable” or “he’s humble”. NO! I want him to win because he’s black!

I want the black man to win, just like if
A black boxer faced a white fighter I want the black fighter to win. If I was born Hispanic, I would want the Hispanic fighter to win. That’s how it works. I’m not gonna come up with some dumbass excuse like “I want the better team to win” or “it’s hard to cheer for a play in team”

The only time I’m not rooting for the black person is if I just flat out don’t like him or if that other race person is just so likable (Tom Brady) he transcends race

BarberSchool
05-30-2023, 11:24 AM
I want Jimmy to win because he’s black. I’m not going to tip toe around it and use coded words like “he’s more likeable” or “he’s humble”. NO! I want him to win because he’s black!

A black boxer faced a white fighter I want the black fighter to win. If I was born Hispanic, I would want the Hispanic fighter to win. That’s how it works. I’m not gonna come up with some dumbass excuse like “I want the better team to win” or “it’s hard to cheer for a play in team”you poor, miserable MF, justifying your own pick on SOLELY skin color, and projecting your own biases into assumptions of everyone else’s …. Sucks to be you.

A lot of those people who you assume are “speaking in code” are genuinely stating why they prefer player Y to player X, they’re not hiding their racial biases as you clearly (admittedly) have many times.

I guess us multiracial dudes have it easiest in this regard, where we feel comfy cheering for anyone, no matter what racial background they are.

tpols
05-30-2023, 11:25 AM

A black boxer faced a white fighter I want the black fighter to win. If I was born Hispanic, I would want the Hispanic fighter to win. That’s how it works. I’m not gonna come up with some dumbass excuse like “I want the better team to win” or “it’s hard to cheer for a play in team”

The only time I’m not rooting for the black person is if I just flat out don’t like him or if that other race person is just so likable (Tom Brady) he transcends race

You have an extremely low IQ tribal mentality.

Overdrive
05-30-2023, 11:25 AM
you poor, miserable MF, justifying your own pick on SOLELY skin color, and projecting your own biases into assumptions of everyone else’s …. Sucks to be you.

I guess us multiracial dudes have it easiest in this regard, where we feel comfy cheering for anyone, no matter what racial background they are.

Don't fall for the bait. Mask is white.

Mask the Embiid
05-30-2023, 11:30 AM
You have an extremely low IQ tribal mentality.

You can’t shame me. I’m unshameable

90sgoat
05-30-2023, 12:17 PM
The good thing is that both teams have black and white players!

BurningHammer
05-30-2023, 12:23 PM
I prefer rooting Jimmy and Udonis Haslem to win the rings. Jokic still has plenty of chances in the future barring injuries.

GimmeThat
05-30-2023, 12:26 PM

why would you need to cheer for black people and if you're already surrounded by them

Kblaze8855
05-30-2023, 12:33 PM
I'm happy with either team winning.

I'd like Joker to get one for the greatness narrative. NBA basketball and media in the US just loves creating the narrative of "you can't win with this type of player" or whatever else they want to push. It is just nice seeing these so called know it alls eat their words.

Now that you mention it…seeing the “Can’t win a title with ____ as your best player” narrative going down if the Heat win probably makes me lean slightly that way.

Airupthere
05-30-2023, 12:38 PM
You can’t shame me. I’m unshameable

We know that. Years of losses and failed predictions and threads and yet here you are.

TheMan
05-30-2023, 01:25 PM
Realistically, Denver has a huge advantage with Joker, no one on the Heat can check him. But I've been a Jimmy Buckets fan since he was a Bull so I'm gonna root for him but I'm totally fine with Jokic winning, seems like a good dude. I can't remember the last time I'm totally fine with whomever wins...welp, it wasn't that long ago in fact, PHX vs MIL :lol

HoopologyPhD
05-30-2023, 01:33 PM
Lebron FTW, no one will care about the finals when LeEmperor will point his thumb up or down to determine the fate of a nation

John8204
05-31-2023, 02:19 AM
Jokic is going to win but I voted for Butler because that's the win I want to see.

plowking
05-31-2023, 08:49 AM
Realistically, Denver has a huge advantage with Joker, no one on the Heat can check him. But I've been a Jimmy Buckets fan since he was a Bull so I'm gonna root for him but I'm totally fine with Jokic winning, seems like a good dude. I can't remember the last time I'm totally fine with whomever wins...welp, it wasn't that long ago in fact, PHX vs MIL :lol

Nah, can't cheer for Booker or Paul. They both whiney little shits.

3ba11
05-31-2023, 08:55 AM
Butler because it demonstrates how MJ would ragdoll this league just like Kawhi's run in 2019 already did or Jimmy's in 20' and 23'.. If poor man Jordan's are ragdolling this easy format, what would the real MJ do?

tpols
05-31-2023, 09:04 AM
Butler because it demonstrates how MJ would ragdoll this league just like Kawhi's run in 2019 already did or Jimmy's in 20' and 23'.. If poor man Jordan's are ragdolling this easy format, what would the real MJ do?

But what if jokic beats butler like how Bird used to beat MJ?

:basketball

Jasper
05-31-2023, 09:58 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37761938/nba-finals-2023-experts-picks-heat-nuggets-finals-mvp

bottom line I have Denver in 6