PDA

View Full Version : Has this been the most equal playoffs in decades?

90sgoat
05-30-2023, 03:28 PM
When was the last time that teams were so equal?

No superteams, just the best TEAMS actually making the finals.

I got to think we got to get back to the mid 2000s.

Full Court
05-30-2023, 03:58 PM
Yep. It's been a great playoffs. The only super team was the Lakers, and they got bounced and swept in the third round.

ShawkFactory
05-30-2023, 04:17 PM
Agreed. I think going in you could probably argue that the Suns were maybe a super team but their lack of depth really showed. Plus Denver is just playing outrageous team ball at the moment. They're the best team and I think it's Nugs in 6 tops.

90sgoat
05-30-2023, 08:00 PM
Agreed. I think going in you could probably argue that the Suns were maybe a super team but their lack of depth really showed. Plus Denver is just playing outrageous team ball at the moment. They're the best team and I think it's Nugs in 6 tops.

I don't think the Suns qualify as a super team as they were all old.

You could say they were somewhat like the "superteam" Celtics of 2010, not 2008.

Too old, not superteam.

Im so nba'd out
05-30-2023, 08:15 PM
90’s was more balanced. There was literally no teams with two superstars except the bulls. Outside of the bulls having two top5 players on the same team no one else did. That makes it pretty balanced. Only the bulls stood out as a lobsided team.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2023, 08:17 PM
90’s was more balanced. There was literally no teams with two superstars except the bulls. Outside of the bulls having two top5 players on the same team no one else did. That makes it pretty balanced. Only the bulls stood out as a lobsided team.

sounds pretty lopsided

ILLsmak
05-30-2023, 09:31 PM
gm6 cs heat changed me. Let's talk about basketball as a whole and old time stuff, OK! I'm gonna pretend I watch basketball now.

No team won 60 games. Saw this, and was interesting. The thing is, tho... like a lot of the times there is a team that is just outright THE BEST. In the most optimal circumstances, there is a team like this in both conferences. Why is this optimal (to me?) because injuries happen, other things happen, the best team does not always win a 7 game series. So, those teams are not guaranteed spots in the Finals, and when they lose, you can be like aww... and the other team wins, or they both lose and it's like "oh, this is an interesting finals!" Basically 2/3 scenarios are interesting.

1. Both great teams make finals. INTERESTING.
2. Neither great team makes finals. INTERESTING.
3. One team makes it and snags the ring. It's not really interesting, but it makes sense.

Now, let's look at what we have here. We got all of these doggy teams... I mean, if you wanna see teams shoot 40-50 3s on 25% in the playoffs, then gg. If that's equal, but no... I don't think it's equal per se as much as just suppressed. There are still great players, not really great teams. In fact, great-great players are all kinda washed. Curry... kinda washed. Bron... obv washed, old as ****. There are young bucks coming up or inexperienced but not so young players, like Jokic who aren't on that great-great level YET (at least haven't written it in stone w/ some ringS(FOCUS ON S.)))

It's kind of a coping take to say the NBA is equal. In fact, it's bad. Tons of injuries, no team really has the talent + experience to be a true contender. Haha, this is what happens when you get an NBA with no contenders. That's a rare capital haha. WITH A COMMA. You think everyone is in contention, but really it's more just like... y'know advent of WNBA 40-38 final score games, someone has to win. Imagine being BOS in THIS ERA and not even getting close to 100. And BOS was one of the good teams. Every team now is deeply flawed, and so instead of finding a flaw with great play, it's a different sort of chess match. But it's pretty TRASH. It's like bums sitting around a burning barrel w/ their shitty hands playing chess amidst bottle clanks. Eyyy.

We await new superstars and new teams. Oh yea KD washed, too, Kawhi washed. I don't like super teams, but these 'super teams' are washed or trash. Big name, big TRASH.

I legit cannot think of a team that is assembled that is able to go out and execute a game plan vs a high level team of previous, 'better' years. Maybe if you took everyone who is injured and put them back, but prolly not. TRASH.

-Smak