PDA

View Full Version : Current Nuggets vs. 2006 or 2012 Heat

Duderonomy
06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Since this Heat team isn't finals caliber. How would the Nuggets have fared against better Miami teams.

ILLsmak
06-02-2023, 12:54 PM
They might beat 2012 cuz C problems, but Shaq proved he can elbow a star player in the face and change the whole series. Can't find the vid, but dude popped Dirk twice n had him bleeding iirc. I dono if Jokic ready for that kinda shit.

2006 Heat were an underrated all-time team. Sooo much talent that fit. Not really a great 3 point shooting team, but they were a lot more stacked than people seem to remember.

More than likely, tho, both Heat teams body these Nuggies.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
06-02-2023, 01:04 PM
2023 Heat probably beat 2006 Heat

2012 Heat is different caliber

Duderonomy
06-02-2023, 01:54 PM
They might beat 2012 cuz C problems, but Shaq proved he can elbow a star player in the face and change the whole series. Can't find the vid, but dude popped Dirk twice n had him bleeding iirc. I dono if Jokic ready for that kinda shit.

2006 Heat were an underrated all-time team. Sooo much talent that fit. Not really a great 3 point shooting team, but they were a lot more stacked than people seem to remember.

-Smak

That wasn't prime Shaq , he averaged less than 14pts against Erik Dampier. If he had to worry about cooling down Jokic and getting his I'm not sure he would do well. Posey, Haslem, and Walker would have to guard Porter and Gordon. Jamal vs Wade with impartial officiating this time around, it would have been legendary.

dankok8
06-02-2023, 01:58 PM

-Smak

If anything I'd say the opposite about the 2006 Heat. They fit well but they are one of the least talented title teams in recent history and were carried by Wade. Shaq was also a solid 2nd option at this point but not a superstar. I think the current Nuggets beat them in 6 games. Wade would go off but wouldn't be enough.

The 2012 Heat were a much more dangerous opponent with prime Lebron and a really good Wade. I think the series goes 7 games and could end up either way.

HoopologyPhD
06-02-2023, 02:34 PM
2006 Heat win because DWhistle was effectively 2 players and Jokic has struggled against big/strong C's of a much lower caliber than The Big Grandpa.
2012 Heat would have more trouble because they were just starting to gel and didn't have anyone capable of guarding Joker

ILLsmak
06-03-2023, 03:13 AM
That's why I said 2006 heat were one of the most underrated teams. Check out their team:

Shaq (who didn't do well v damp, but remember they were playing d on Shaq NOT Wade, and it cost them in the end.) Behind Shaq was ZO. So even if you split it 24-24, still a monster line up.

At PF you had Haslem who was a Ho Grant type workman PF who could hit Js and be a bother on D. He didn't really have a good PF backup, basically, they had 8 guys that were all super vets, winners, tough, and ready to kill. Doleac, Dorrell Wright, D Cook, eh, but...

Ok, let's continue. So you got Toine who was kinda a weird dude, but once he started taking it to the basket, he was pretty nice. Posey was a beast and wet, another really tough defender and physical.

SG We got Wade playing at his Peak.

PG is J Will who still had some wild shit. Remember him scoring like 18 in a row or something to start the game? And backing him up was wily old GP. GP hit that big shot in gm 3 of the Finals to seal the Heat win. That team was a 'real team'; I feel like you guys are talking about stats too much. I was watching that shit. Shaq was my guy. Like I have said on the forum before, altho 05 Heat were really good (unfort Wade got injured,) 06 Heat were monstrous. They scraped out the Pistons without home court.

Just a built for the playoffs kind of team. No ****ing way the 2023 Heat beat the 2006 Heat. I know people on that D Whistle stuff, and I see it, but Wade also did some wild stuff. Most teams end up with about 8 guys playing in the end, and all of their guys were good except possibly antoine walker, but he had his own sort of ability.

And yea Shaq wasn't prime, but he was good enough, esp with Zo behind him. Like I said super underrated. Cohesive unit team, but with a superstar and Shaq who was still pretty good. Built for 7 games.

-Smak

Duderonomy
06-11-2023, 10:14 PM
2023 Heat probably beat 2006 Heat

2012 Heat is different caliber
This Heat team is well coach and got very lucky along with Butler turning it up. You honestly could add Heat Lebron to this team and they still are outmatched by the Nuggets

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2023, 10:18 PM
They smash the '06 Heat. 2012 Heat would be a really good series, I might just pick whoever has HCA.

Micku
06-11-2023, 10:37 PM
2005 Heat team was better than the 2006 Heat team imo. They just lost in 2005 cuz Wade got hurt. 2006 Heat team didn't fit as well together as the 2005 to me.

12 Heat had a center problem. Jokic would kill them, but I think they are more equip to slow down Murray, but I also don't think they defend the pick and roll as well as the 2023 Heat team. Bam is a better defender than Bosh, who also played the pick and roll very good.

It would be a fun series with either team.

NBAGOAT
06-11-2023, 10:43 PM
I lean towards 12 Heat. Better starpower and they’re equipped to guard denver well unlike all the teams denver has faced this run(this is where Celtics or bucks would’ve been more interesting as a finals matchup). Put lebron on Gordon battier on mpj wade on Murray

HoopsNY
06-11-2023, 10:47 PM
2012 Heat have peak LeBron. That's all I'm gonna say.

Micku
06-12-2023, 12:59 AM
It is fun to compare.

But they also played differently too. With the different rules set. Denver shot more 3s. They protect the perimeter players even more than they did in 2012. The spacing is more emphasis now. Denver played differently than any team in 12, but probably more like a better offensive version than the Spurs in 13 and 14, just not as good defensively.

Who would win the pace will be interesting. And it depends on what rules they are going to play in.

Wally450
06-12-2023, 10:38 AM
This years Nuggets beat the 2006 Heat.

The Nuggets vs. the 2012 Heat would be close, but I think the combo of Wade & LeBron would be too much for Jokic to try and overcome.