PDA

View Full Version : After being ignored all season, the Nuggets are stacked now? Cut the crap

3ba11
06-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Winning makes any team look "stacked", even a cast of role players that was 9th in preseason odds.

Various players that were unwanted by other teams like Gordon, Pope, Brown and Porter suddenly look like "critical" players with special intangibles that no one noticed before.

But it's just the winning - they would be castaways and trade bait again on another team that didn't have a generational player like Jokic, whose skillset allows championship chemistry development (no hand-picked team needed).

It's just Jokic and a bunch of role players that were previously-crapped on by most people.. Meanwhile, Murray is a nice scorer but he isn't even an all-star.. So cut the crap - don't pretend the Nuggets are "stacked" now - Jokic is completely carrying this team to a title.

It's just like the 90/91 Bulls - NO ONE said they were "stacked" and they weren't expected to win heading into the season - but after they won, borderline NBA players like Paxson were suddenly considered "critical" and "stars in their role", while people figured Pippen's defense made up for his inconsistent and inefficient offense.. Over time, the Bulls have been recognized as "stacked" by new fans, even though they were just like the Nuggets (less talented actually) and simply had a generational player around which championship chemistry/strategy could be built.

LeGoat4Life
06-02-2023, 12:30 PM
That's the excuse Lebronnies need everytime he gets swept.

"STACKED" , "Lebron injuried", etc

The typical excuses every year

Kblaze8855
06-02-2023, 12:46 PM
Almost every team that wins is suddenly stacked. Especially when the person talking hates the teams star.

Hey Yo
06-02-2023, 01:21 PM
Really need 2 threads on this??

nineiron
06-02-2023, 01:24 PM
Really need 2 threads on this??

https://media.tenor.com/QD_QzEJsGEIAAAAC/dawson-crying.gif

Overdrive
06-02-2023, 01:33 PM
Meanwhile, Murray is a nice scorer but he isn't even an all-star..

So just like 2016 Kyrie?

Wardell Curry
06-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Winning makes any team look "stacked"

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpaper/3840x2160/6911412-Courtney-Cole-Quote-The-irony-is-lost-on-you.jpg

TheMan
06-02-2023, 01:52 PM
That's the excuse Lebronnies need everytime he gets swept.

"STACKED" , "Lebron injuried", etc

The typical excuses every year

Yep, all time great team! Every time he lost to someone, they're considered all time great by his stans...

Coping mechanism

hateraid
06-02-2023, 02:01 PM
https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpaper/3840x2160/6911412-Courtney-Cole-Quote-The-irony-is-lost-on-you.jpg

Hahaha!

Full Court
06-02-2023, 02:15 PM
Is someone really trying to say the Nuggets are stacked?

I haven't seen it on here, but anyone who calls the Nuggets stacked is an idiot. And probably a Bronie fluffer trying to do damage control after the Lakers got swept.

Nuggets play great team ball and are a perfect example of the sum being greater than the parts. Exact opposite of the Lakers, who are legit stacked, which are an example of the sum being less than its parts.

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Is someone really trying to say the Nuggets are stacked?

I haven't seen it on here, but anyone who calls the Nuggets stacked is an idiot. And probably a Bronie fluffer trying to do damage control after the Lakers got swept.

Nuggets play great team ball and are a perfect example of the sum being greater than the parts. Exact opposite of the Lakers, who are legit stacked, which are an example of the sum being less than its parts.

You think Austin Reaves is better than Murray?

Or AD is better than Jokic?

nineiron
06-02-2023, 02:28 PM

Reaves and AD are both better than Lebron

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Reaves and AD are both better than Lebron

Sure. Lebron sucks right?

Are they better than Jokic and Murray though? If Lebron sucks and the Nuggets top 2 are better (and their 3 and 4 let’s be honest) then how are the lakers stacked and the Nuggets aren’t?

BallsOut
06-02-2023, 02:44 PM

Are they better than Jokic and Murray though? If Lebron sucks and the Nuggets top 2 are better (and their 3 and 4 let’s be honest) then how are the lakers stacked and the Nuggets aren’t?

The Lakers have a super team. The nuggets have literally one all star. Maybe 2 if Murray becomes one in the future

nineiron
06-02-2023, 02:45 PM

Lebron doesn't "suck", but he's HIGHLY over rated.

i never claimed that the Lakers were 'stacked', but they are as deep as any team in the playoffs. they just don't have a REAL superstar to close for them. and this ain't the bubble.

bladefd
06-02-2023, 02:50 PM
This is obviously another LeBron/Lakers thread masquerading as a Nuggets thread

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 02:58 PM
The Lakers have a super team. The nuggets have literally one all star. Maybe 2 if Murray becomes one in the future

Oh yea?

King Baron
06-02-2023, 02:59 PM
Yep, Jokic should have 3 MVPs.

SouBeachTalents
06-02-2023, 03:04 PM

Full Court dodged this big time :lol There’s no way he can answer this without completely contradicting himself.

r15mohd
06-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Full Court dodged this big time :lol There’s no way he can answer this without completely contradicting himself.

Full 'Of It' Court ... nothing new lol

BallsOut
06-02-2023, 03:25 PM
Oh yea?

Yeah dawg

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:05 PM

When Davis is on, he's the best in the league. He is more unstoppable on offense, and far better on defense. Overall, however, Jokic is better because of consistency. AD is not consistent.

Murray is better than Reaves, but outside of Jokic and Murray, Nuggets have nobody. Lakers have far more depth. So you talk about Murray vs. Reaves, but you ignore Russell, Schroder, Lebron, etc.

Are you trying to argue that the Nuggets are stacked?

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:07 PM

Bronie fluffers: "Ooo oooo ooooooo we finally got Full Court hehehehe."

Full Court procedes to ether Bronie fluffers.

Bronie fluffers: :lebroncry:

:lol

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 04:15 PM
When Davis is on, he's the best in the league. He is more unstoppable on offense, and far better on defense. Overall, however, Jokic is better because of consistency. AD is not consistent.

Murray is better than Reaves, but outside of Jokic and Murray, Nuggets have nobody. Lakers have far more depth. So you talk about Murray vs. Reaves, but you ignore Russell, Schroder, Lebron, etc.

Well that's a stupid argument.

Generally speaking the best player in the league is consistent. If you're the best in the league 50% of the time and ordinary the other 50%...then you aren't the best in the league. I can't believe I'm entertaining this but Jokic is clearly better. We literally JUST say them play against each other :lol

but outside of Jokic and Murray, Nuggets have nobody

Good God you have no shame.

Or you just don't know ball. Both situations are bad.

I'm not arguing that the Nuggets are stacked. You made that conclusion yourself.

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:21 PM
Well that's a stupid argument.

Generally speaking the best player in the league is consistent. If you're the best in the league 50% of the time and ordinary the other 50%...then you aren't the best in the league. I can't believe I'm entertaining this but Jokic is clearly better. We literally JUST say them play against each other :lol

Good God you have no shame.

Or you just don't know ball. Both situations are bad.

I'm not arguing that the Nuggets are stacked. You made that conclusion yourself.

You're arguing with me by agreeing with exactly what I said.

:biggums:

You even bolded the part in my quote that you're repeating.

What part of "Jokic is better because of consistency" did you not get?

Then you say it's a stupid argument, and procede to say the exact same thing. :lol

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 04:29 PM
You're arguing with me by agreeing with exactly what I said.

:biggums:

You even bolded the part in my quote that you're repeating.

What part of "Jokic is better because of consistency" did you not get?

Then you say it's a stupid argument, and procede to say the exact same thing. :lol

Huh? I think you might have missed something. I don't even think that AD at his best is better than Jokic at his, I was simply picking apart your argument. Consistency...is pretty important wouldn't you say?

"AD is great half the time" is a stupid argument when trying to compare him to Jokic. And if you weren't trying to compare them...then why say that at all? It was a dumb thing to say to try to make your point that the Lakers are stacked :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
06-02-2023, 04:34 PM
Bronie fluffers: "Ooo oooo ooooooo we finally got Full Court hehehehe."

Full Court procedes to ether Bronie fluffers.

Bronie fluffers: :lebroncry:

:lol
This post reeks of incel

ArbitraryWater
06-02-2023, 04:35 PM
I distinctly remember you saying before the WCF the Nuggets are too loaded for the lakers...

Spurs m8
06-02-2023, 04:41 PM
So just like 2016 Kyrie?

Don't be daft...you sound like a bronie

How many times has Murray been an all star?
3 times like kyrie at that point?
Or 0?

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:41 PM
Huh? I think you might have missed something. I don't even think that AD at his best is better than Jokic at his, I was simply picking apart your argument. Consistency...is pretty important wouldn't you say?

"AD is great half the time" is a stupid argument when trying to compare him to Jokic. And if you weren't trying to compare them...then why say that at all? It was a dumb thing to say to try to make your point that the Lakers are stacked :confusedshrug:

AD at his best is as good or better than anyone currently playing.

If you disagree, so be it. But who else other than Giannis can put up 40 points and 5 blocks in a game?

And like it or not, the Lakers are indeed stacked.

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:42 PM
don't be daft...you sound like a bronie

how many times has murray been an all star?
Or 0?

boom!

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 04:46 PM
AD at his best is as good or better than anyone currently playing.

If you disagree, so be it. But who else other than Giannis can put up 40 points and 5 blocks in a game?

You say this as if it's just a fact and me disagreeing is wrong :lol

Who else besides Jokic can lead an offense from the center position, get everyone involved, and generally perform in a manner that is best for the team regardless of what that is? The list of players who can do what he does at his best is short historically much less in the league right now.

And like it or not, the Lakers are indeed stacked.

We all can say untrue things if we want to.

Axe
06-02-2023, 05:35 PM
1-9

Full Court
06-02-2023, 06:12 PM

Who else besides Jokic can lead an offense from the center position, get everyone involved, and generally perform in a manner that is best for the team regardless of what that is? The list of players who can do what he does at his best is short historically much less in the league right now.

It's subjective. There are no facts involved.

And I don't disagree with what you say about Jokic. However, I also think your underselling of Davis is poor analysis, subjective though it may be.

3ba11
06-02-2023, 08:38 PM
1-9

You're punishing MJ for winning with the first all-star that he ever got, and KEPT winning so he didn't need another one - you're punishing him for this GOAT standard - MJ set the standard for the least help needed to have a dynasty (1 all-star) and you're punishing him for it.. You're literally perceiving it backwards by punishing MJ for winning with just 1 all-star, while praising everyone else that needed 5-10 all-star teammates a piece like Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Lebron, Magic, or Duncan.

Btw, the all-star that Jordan received wasn't a franchise player like many other sidekicks - he was a supplementary player - a system player with low peak capability, worst-ever efficiency and clutch.. He was actually just a defender and transition player - MJ's offense was so GOAT that he could win without offensive help and just cheap defenders (Pippen was signed on the cheap because his perception was that of a defender and not an expensive offensive player).

BallsOut
06-02-2023, 09:03 PM

There’s two sides of basketball. Davis is a superior defender compared with Jokic. Even when he’s not scoring 20+ you’re still getting excellent defense from AD.

Overdrive
06-02-2023, 09:04 PM
Don't be daft...you sound like a bronie

How many times has Murray been an all star?
Or 0?

I'm just attacking dishonest pseudologic. I'll do it for Bronhaters and Jordanhaters alike.

It's obviously the level of play and Murray is definately at least all star level in these playoffs and showed that level before.

ShawkFactory
06-02-2023, 09:11 PM
There’s two sides of basketball. Davis is a superior defender compared with Jokic. Even when he’s not scoring 20+ you’re still getting excellent defense from AD.

I’m aware that there’s two sides lol. AD’s defense doesn’t make up for everything else that Jokic is better at.

Sportal
06-02-2023, 09:22 PM
Winning makes any team look "stacked", even a cast of role players that was 9th in preseason odds.

Various players that were unwanted by other teams like Gordon, Pope, Brown and Porter suddenly look like "critical" players with special intangibles that no one noticed before.

But it's just the winning - they would be castaways and trade bait again on another team that didn't have a generational player like Jokic, whose skillset allows championship chemistry development (no hand-picked team needed).

It's just Jokic and a bunch of role players that were previously-crapped on by most people.. Meanwhile, Murray is a nice scorer but he isn't even an all-star.. So cut the crap - don't pretend the Nuggets are "stacked" now - Jokic is completely carrying this team to a title.

It's just like the 90/91 Bulls - NO ONE said they were "stacked" and they weren't expected to win heading into the season - but after they won, borderline NBA players like Paxson were suddenly considered "critical" and "stars in their role", while people figured Pippen's defense made up for his inconsistent and inefficient offense.. Over time, the Bulls have been recognized as "stacked" by new fans, even though they were just like the Nuggets (less talented actually) and simply had a generational player around which championship chemistry/strategy could be built.

Aaron Gordon - The Magic were trying to use him as a 1st option. He isn't.

KCP is good at his role, he was struggling for consistency.

Brown was a good role player taken from the Nets.

Porter Jr would have gone #1 without the back injuries and could still find himself an All-Star but he already has All-Star teammates.

Jokic may go down as one of the best players the NBA has seen, and Murray is the best guard in the playoffs not named Curry for the last decade.

If this team stays healthy I find it hard to see teams being able to beat them for a few years...

Full Court
06-03-2023, 08:02 AM
I’m aware that there’s two sides lol. AD’s defense doesn’t make up for everything else that Jokic is better at.

I don't think anyones's going to dispute that Jokic is one of the top three players in the league.

So are you going to try to argue that the Nuggets are stacked?

Or that the Lakers are not stacked?

Hmmmmmmm?

tpols
06-03-2023, 08:35 AM
Threeball is spot on here.

Nobody ever thought the Nuggets would win a title this year.

https://i.postimg.cc/Mpb2pwXR/Screenshot-20230530-100510-Chrome.jpg

Even heading into the playoffs, they were seen as a farce... a 1 seed that wasn't really that great. We all underestimated their comraderie and chemistry. Look at this locker room. That ain't just talent or some team hopping shit like Durant or Lebron.

https://youtu.be/ByBdIqEWC1k

And1AllDay
06-03-2023, 08:49 AM
So just like 2016 Kyrie?

lethal

Full Court
06-03-2023, 09:24 AM
Threeball is spot on here.

Nobody ever thought the Nuggets would win a title this year.

https://i.postimg.cc/Mpb2pwXR/Screenshot-20230530-100510-Chrome.jpg

Even heading into the playoffs, they were seen as a farce... a 1 seed that wasn't really that great. We all underestimated their comraderie and chemistry. Look at this locker room. That ain't just talent or some team hopping shit like Durant or Lebron.

https://youtu.be/ByBdIqEWC1k

The Bronie fluffers always try to clown 3ball, but then when he's right (which is almost always), they disappear into the woodwork.

3ball was calling for a Nuggets sweep before the series even started. Who was was predicting that?

DMAVS41
06-03-2023, 10:10 AM

I'm not that high on this Nuggets roster...although Murray playing like this does take the ceiling quite high imo.

But they have "nobody" outside Murray/Jokic? Nobody? Gordon/KCP/Porter are not nobodies...they are legit starters in this league. Brown is clearly a solid role player. What they don't have...is much depth. They really only go 6 deep as Green / Braun can't really be relied on.

So, fair to say they lack depth...but they have an all-time great in Jokic...a great 2nd offensive player with Murray playing like this...and then 4 legit quality role players....a couple with immense talent.

They certainly aren't the Warriors or 08 Celtics or the Lebron Heat in terms of overwhelming talent, but this is a really good team.

Legend248
06-03-2023, 11:44 AM
1-9

Honestly you bron fans are uneducated its sad. Uneducated like lebron. High school graduate mother ****er. Go shine my ****ing shoes you peasant. NOW before I smack your mom

1_BAD_TIGER
06-03-2023, 12:01 PM
I'm not that high on this Nuggets roster...although Murray playing like this does take the ceiling quite high imo.

But they have "nobody" outside Murray/Jokic? Nobody? Gordon/KCP/Porter are not nobodies...they are legit starters in this league. Brown is clearly a solid role player. What they don't have...is much depth. They really only go 6 deep as Green / Braun can't really be relied on.

So, fair to say they lack depth...but they have an all-time great in Jokic...a great 2nd offensive player with Murray playing like this...and then 4 legit quality role players....a couple with immense talent.

They certainly aren't the Warriors or 08 Celtics or the Lebron Heat in terms of overwhelming talent, but this is a really good team.

The Nuggets have depth, Malone just refuses to play some players in the playoffs. It's working, so why change anything plus one of the main criticisms fans have with Malone is his poor rotations so it's best just to simplify things and go with a short rotation.

tpols
06-03-2023, 12:26 PM
The Bronie fluffers always try to clown 3ball, but then when he's right (which is almost always), they disappear into the woodwork.

3ball was calling for a Nuggets sweep before the series even started. Who was was predicting that?

This site is biased against the truth.

tpols
06-03-2023, 12:29 PM

Why were they so underrated in their odds to win the title at the start of the season if they're so talented?

tpols
06-03-2023, 12:30 PM
The Nuggets have depth, Malone just refuses to play some players in the playoffs. It's working, so why change anything plus one of the main criticisms fans have with Malone is his poor rotations so it's best just to simplify things and go with a short rotation.

With 3 days between games a short, higher quality rotation works well.

Lebron23
06-03-2023, 12:44 PM
Nuggets are better than any teams that Jordan defeated in his 2nd 3 peat.

TheMan
06-03-2023, 12:50 PM
Nuggets are better than any teams that Jordan defeated in his 2nd 3 peat.
Bullshit

You should've stayed banned. The IQ level here lowers everytime you post.

ShawkFactory
06-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Why were they so underrated in their odds to win the title at the start of the season if they're so talented?

Several reasons. Depth wise are they the most talented team? Nah. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t very talented.

It’d had been over 2 years since they’ve shown any semblance of health. People didn’t know if Murray was going to come back and play at this level. Same with Porter.

Jokic seems to have taken another jump as well, crazy as that is.

Even then they weren’t a long shot or anything. Had the same odds as the Lakers.

Lebron23
06-03-2023, 12:59 PM
Bullshit

You should've stayed banned. The IQ level here lowers everytime you post.

Come on my little Mexican friend. Stop living in nostalgia. And live in the present moment. Nuggets have 6 or 7 players who averaged in double digits in the regular season while Hornacek and Stockton both averaged under 10 ppg in the 1998 NBA Finals.

I am just telling the truth. Jordan defeated cupcake teams in the NBA Finals.

3ba11
06-03-2023, 05:09 PM
Come on my little Mexican friend. Stop living in nostalgia. And live in the present moment. Nuggets have 6 or 7 players who averaged in double digits in the regular season while Hornacek and Stockton both averaged under 10 ppg in the 1998 NBA Finals.

I am just telling the truth. Jordan defeated cupcake teams in the NBA Finals.

Joker/Murray swept AD, but Malone/Stockton swept Duncan/Robinson/Popovich and Shaq's 4 all-star Lakers and Hakeem to make the 98' Finals

DMAVS41
06-03-2023, 05:11 PM

First off...I don't understand what you are reading if you think me calling them "not nobodies" and a "really good team" means I think they should have started the year the favorites or something. They are just a really good team with an all-time great...and nobody should be surprised if they win the title.

Now, why were their odds the way they were at the start of the season? Because Murray and Porter essentially did not play all of the previous season and nobody knew what this year would look like. I mean...and I don't intend to be rude, but you can't be this dense. Did you really not know Murray missed like a year and a half prior to this season?

This is why Nick Wright's crusade about Jokic needing to prove it in the playoffs was so ****ing dumb. He essentially had nobody in the playoffs the last few years.

Anyway...hope my response to your question is enough for you to stop acting dumb.

DMAVS41
06-03-2023, 05:16 PM

They really don't have players outside of the top 6 that you'd want getting much time. If you want to say Jeff Green is good enough...cool...then they barely go 7 deep....but it's not a weakness really if the starters can play big minutes and don't get hurt or anything.

3ba11
06-03-2023, 05:20 PM
First off...I don't understand what you are reading if you think me calling them "not nobodies" and a "really good team" means I think they should have started the year the favorites or something. They are just a really good team with an all-time great...and nobody should be surprised if they win the title.

Now, why were their odds the way they were at the start of the season? Because Murray and Porter essentially did not play all of the previous season and nobody knew what this year would look like. I mean...and I don't intend to be rude, but you can't be this dense. Did you really not know Murray missed like a year and a half prior to this season?

This is why Nick Wright's crusade about Jokic needing to prove it in the playoffs was so ****ing dumb. He essentially had nobody in the playoffs the last few years.

Anyway...hope my response to your question is enough for you to stop acting dumb.

Nugs were 7th in preseason odds for 2021 right after Murray went bananas in the 20' Playoffs

So no one ever thought they had a good roster

However, the current winning makes them look stacked.. it's the same thing with the 91' Bulls - no one thought they were "stacked" - it would've been absurd to say that in 1991 but the winning spotlight eventually makes people say that (despite only having 1 franchise player on the team)

ShawkFactory
06-03-2023, 05:24 PM

It’s not just that. Bettors are also attracted to big names who have done it before. KD/Kyrie together? Bet on that. Kawhi/PG? Same deal.

The Nuggets, when healthy, always had a good team but because there were questions and Jokic hadn’t done it before it makes sense why they weren’t more favorited than the Clippers.

DMAVS41
06-03-2023, 05:27 PM
Nugs were 7th in preseason odds for 2021 right after Murray went bananas in the 20' Playoffs

So no one ever thought they had a good roster

However, the current winning makes them look stacked.. it's the same thing with the 91' Bulls - no one thought they were "stacked" - it would've been absurd to say that in 1991 but the winning spotlight eventually makes people say that (despite only having 1 franchise player on the team)

Again, I'm not even calling them stacked. They are just an average supporting cast around an all-time great for a title winning team.

But your reasoning is flawed. Jokic had not made the leap yet. He was really good in 2020, but had not become the dominant force he is today. So you using odds prior to him becoming one of the best players ever is not a good point. In fact, it actually makes my point. Also, Porter was not yet the player he is today...and he was battling health issues since college and missed a ton of games early on.

You guys just make bad arguments. This team is not some all-time loaded roster...and it is also not some scrub team around Jokic. I know this is hard for you, but just a little bit of common sense and nuance is needed.

tpols
06-03-2023, 05:54 PM

The Nuggets weren't ever odds favorites for a title whether everybody was healthy or not. They were always a long shot. I'm not saying you have said otherwise, but this team is winning off comraderie and chemistry, not just raw talent.

DMAVS41
06-03-2023, 07:30 PM
The Nuggets weren't ever odds favorites for a title whether everybody was healthy or not. They were always a long shot. I'm not saying you have said otherwise, but this team is winning off comraderie and chemistry, not just raw talent.

How are you defining talent? I mean...Jokic is, without a doubt, playing at a level that maybe 20 guys or so ever have..probably higher. You have said he's better than Duncan.

So they have an all-time great at the peak of his powers. Murray is immensely talented...he was a top 10 pick irrc. Gordon was the 4th pick. Porter, if not for injuries, would have likely been a top 5 pick. KCP also went in the top 10.

I'm not trying to be difficult...I don't know what you mean by raw talent. This team has one of the best players ever and what amounts to 4 lottery picks as the other starters.

They have plenty of talent...they are also a bit lacking in true depth imo...and they also, because of Jokic, have truly all-time great offensive chemistry.

NuggetsFan
06-03-2023, 10:30 PM
People just haven't been paying attention the past few years. Jokic carried the roster. This year we have a good supporting cast. Murray was fine in the regular season but very inconsistent. Murray in the playoffs has been a great 2nd option. I wouldn't say were stacked but when you have a player like Jokic it certainly makes it look that way. He elevates everybody around him. I'm not going to sit here and say he'll finish as a top 10 player of All-Time or anything but Jokic at his best .. you can't name 10 players who impact the game more. Now how long does that last? We'll see.

Nuggets with a regular season Murray are the 3-6thish best team in the league. Nuggets with a Murray playing good/great are the best team in the league. Guys like KCP/Gordon/MPJ/Brown etc. are very good and Jokic is doing the same thing he did with Barton/Morris/Facu etc. which is getting the absolute best out of them. Same thing he does with Murray .. except come playoff time Murray drills those good looks at a high rate vs in the regular season where it can be a brick show for multiple games.

Nuggets are stacked with Murray playing like he has been + Jokic being Jokic. If Murray or Jokic for that matter slows down than it's a different story. Consistency is the key for Denver specifically with Murray which has been great during this run.

BallsOut
06-03-2023, 11:34 PM
People just haven't been paying attention the past few years. Jokic carried the roster. This year we have a good supporting cast. Murray was fine in the regular season but very inconsistent. Murray in the playoffs has been a great 2nd option. I wouldn't say were stacked but when you have a player like Jokic it certainly makes it look that way. He elevates everybody around him. I'm not going to sit here and say he'll finish as a top 10 player of All-Time or anything but Jokic at his best .. you can't name 10 players who impact the game more. Now how long does that last? We'll see.

Nuggets with a regular season Murray are the 3-6thish best team in the league. Nuggets with a Murray playing good/great are the best team in the league. Guys like KCP/Gordon/MPJ/Brown etc. are very good and Jokic is doing the same thing he did with Barton/Morris/Facu etc. which is getting the absolute best out of them. Same thing he does with Murray .. except come playoff time Murray drills those good looks at a high rate vs in the regular season where it can be a brick show for multiple games.

Nuggets are stacked with Murray playing like he has been + Jokic being Jokic. If Murray or Jokic for that matter slows down than it's a different story. Consistency is the key for Denver specifically with Murray which has been great during this run.

Nuggets aren't stacked even if Murray continues his play. That would only give them 2 all stars.

Now the Lakers are stacked. They have 3 all stars.

NuggetsFan
06-04-2023, 12:48 AM
Nuggets aren't stacked even if Murray continues his play. That would only give them 2 all stars.

Who knows if it'll continue or what the future brings but as of right now as a I'm typing this Jokic basically has a top 10 impact ever IMO. Not talking legacy or accomplishments but just what your witnessing on the floor. Stats ignored just how he controls the offense and makes his teammates better. Were talking Magic Johnson with better scoring. Murray is playing like a superstar 2nd option. That combined with the supporting cast is a stacked roster.

Question is if Murray/supporting cast can continue performing at this level and if Jokic himself can continue being that guy. If you get regular season Murray than yeah it's not a stacked roster. If a few role players disappear than yeah the Nuggets are beatable. That's the difference between the current Nugget team and the regular season Nugget team. If Murray played like he has in the playoffs during the regular season than your looking at a 60+ win team. Jokic carrying the load all year has been the difference.

kawhileonard2
06-04-2023, 12:51 AM

This!

DMAVS41
06-04-2023, 06:52 AM
Who knows if it'll continue or what the future brings but as of right now as a I'm typing this Jokic basically has a top 10 impact ever IMO. Not talking legacy or accomplishments but just what your witnessing on the floor. Stats ignored just how he controls the offense and makes his teammates better. Were talking Magic Johnson with better scoring. Murray is playing like a superstar 2nd option. That combined with the supporting cast is a stacked roster.

Question is if Murray/supporting cast can continue performing at this level and if Jokic himself can continue being that guy. If you get regular season Murray than yeah it's not a stacked roster. If a few role players disappear than yeah the Nuggets are beatable. That's the difference between the current Nugget team and the regular season Nugget team. If Murray played like he has in the playoffs during the regular season than your looking at a 60+ win team. Jokic carrying the load all year has been the difference.

I'd also add a bit more quality depth in the regular season as well. The differential without Jokic on the court was abysmal all year. If they were able to just get that to decent...the Nuggets could have won like 65 games.

But that isn't hurting them in the playoffs for the reasons you state combined with the fact that the rotation can be shortened because the better players can play bigger minutes. Where that would become a problem is if they suffered an injury of some kind, but they haven't yet and hopefully they don't.

But if I was working on this roster for next year...I'd really try to add one or two guys you could rely on in terms of bench minutes.

Full Court
06-04-2023, 08:20 AM
Honestly you bron fans are uneducated its sad. Uneducated like lebron. High school graduate mother ****er. Go shine my ****ing shoes you peasant. NOW before I smack your mom

:lebronamazed:

Carbine
06-04-2023, 08:43 AM
I find it funny that 3ball narrative of second option scoring being the driving force of which superstar has the most help, yet when it comes to this situation he doesn't give Murray props for doing exactly what he said Pippen didn't do.

Beside Curry/Durant and LeBron/AD (whichever one you think was the second option on those title teams) Murray is having the best "second option" post season since Kobe from the beginning of the 00's

Axe
06-04-2023, 08:53 AM
:cry:
You and other staunch lebron haters are true narcissist homosexuals who totally love to hump each other.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 09:29 AM
Jokic is the real MVP of the league, Murray always turns it up in the playoffs and clutch as ****. Other three starters are solid. Team has alot of chemistry together. They were under the radar because Murray missed all of last season and a good portion on 21. In 2021 Nuggets made it to the second round and lost to Phoenix. Lost in the first round to GS in 22. They have always been one of the top teams but masked due to injuries. This and again, playoff Murray is a real thing.

If Dlo bother to show up in that series at all, might be a different ball game. Even though LA got swept, they lost by a total of only 24pts out of the four games. Would be interesting is LA comes back with the same core, add a big so so AD doesnt need to play 50min per game, one full year of training camp/experience.

90sgoat
06-04-2023, 10:13 AM
It's difficult not to compare Jokic with Duncan and Murray with Parker.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 10:32 AM
It's difficult not to compare Jokic with Duncan and Murray with Parker.

Wipe the slate clean and start from zero championships, I would pick Jokic and Murray > Duncan and Parker.

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Jokic is the real MVP of the league, Murray always turns it up in the playoffs and clutch as ****. Other three starters are solid. Team has alot of chemistry together. They were under the radar because Murray missed all of last season and a good portion on 21. In 2021 Nuggets made it to the second round and lost to Phoenix. Lost in the first round to GS in 22. They have always been one of the top teams but masked due to injuries. This and again, playoff Murray is a real thing.

If Dlo bother to show up in that series at all, might be a different ball game. Even though LA got swept, they lost by a total of only 24pts out of the four games. Would be interesting is LA comes back with the same core, add a big so so AD doesnt need to play 50min per game, one full year of training camp/experience.

I agree I think Lakers should run it back with a similar roster, don’t think they can afford Reaves and Hachimura though after their playoff breakouts.

Lakers should take advantage of DAngelo Russell, Russell Westbrook and Dillon Brooks low stock right now. They’re good bang for your buck options which is what this team needs with LeBron and Davis taking up 80% of the salary cap.

PG: Russell Westbrook | Dennis Schroeder
SG: DAngelo Russell | Lonnie Walker
SF: Dillon Brooks | Jared Vanderblit
PF: LeBron James | Tristan Thompson
C: Anthony Davis | Mo Bamba

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 10:55 AM

So many things wrong with this team its a joke but im sure your actually serious thats the silly part. Are you constructing a all time bricklayer team to build a castle?

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 11:01 AM
So many things wrong with this team its a joke but im sure your actually serious thats the silly part. Are you constructing a all time bricklayer team to build a castle?

Didn’t you say they should come back with a similar team? Then go on to make fun of the similar team I suggested. Make up your mind dawg.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 11:09 AM
Didn’t you say they should come back with a similar team? Then go on to make fun of the similar team I suggested. Make up your mind dawg.

Hey *dawg*, where is this Smith guy you mentioned about from your other threads? Base of your thinking, Vando was a pf, became a center and now a sf within 2 months(am i suppose to insert a laughng emogi now).

Again where is the shooting? How are they going to space the floor?

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Hey *dawg*, where is this Smith guy you mentioned about from your other threads? Base of your thinking, Vando was a pf, became a center and now a sf within 2 months(am i suppose to insert a laughng emogi now).

Again where is the shooting? How are they going to space the floor?

The beauty of Jared Vanderblit is his versatility. He did a great job guarding Steph Curry in the Warriors series. Had to force Curry to change his game to pick n roll instead of running off screens. Lakers are lucky they have Vanderblit under contract for one more year.

LeBron, AD, Bamba and Vanderblit are all under Lakers salary for 2023-2024. Time for you to accept that already.

As for the shooting, DAngelo Russell, Schroeder and Walker are all great shooters, even Vando shoots 33% from 3.

ShawkFactory
06-04-2023, 11:18 AM
I agree I think Lakers should run it back with a similar roster, don’t think they can afford Reaves and Hachimura though after their playoff breakouts.

Lakers should take advantage of DAngelo Russell, Russell Westbrook and Dillon Brooks low stock right now. They’re good bang for your buck options which is what this team needs with LeBron and Davis taking up 80% of the salary cap.

Really? I would argue that having any of the 3 on your team right now will make you an underdog. DLo was BAD, and he's been bad in the playoffs his entire career.

NBAGOAT
06-04-2023, 11:54 AM
raw talent wise the nuggets are whatever but they're pretty good if you're in an era with no superteams and ofc jokic elevates everyone. Stacked is reserved for super teams nuggets are in the next tier. This isnt like a 06 heat team. If they dont win a title, they would be one of the better cores ever to not win a title even with those 90s teams jordan faced and 02 kings etc. Depth is trash admittedly but the top 6 is great and you only need at most a 8 man rotation in the playoffs. Jamal murray playing at this lvl gives them a legitimate star duo.

Aaron gordon was asked to be like the 2nd best player in orl so yea he was castaway, he's now the 3rd best player and 4th option and was all star level this year. having a scorer/shooter like porter as your 4th best player is pretty good. KCP is typical 3nD but contenders can always use a guy like that and he's pretty great for a 5th starter. Boston is the only team in the league with a 5th starter better I think but tatum is no jokic. Bruce Brown is a top 5 bench guy most likely.

Preseason odds have never been there but they were dominant in 21 too after the gordon trade(with will barton instead of kcp). You can argue denver is a better team than say the bucks current core because middleton and holiday though all stars are inconsistent as hell. People on this forum dont think the bucks are stacked but still a very talented team.

BarberSchool
06-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Blame the lamestream media.

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Really? I would argue that having any of the 3 on your team right now will make you an underdog. DLo was BAD, and he's been bad in the playoffs his entire career.

One bad series doesn’t make him a bad player. He was great in the Warriors and Grizzlies series. Keep the slander up though, if DLo doesn’t get the money he deserves it’s on you. Karma is a bitch like ya boy said.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 12:53 PM
The beauty of Jared Vanderblit is his versatility. He did a great job guarding Steph Curry in the Warriors series. Had to force Curry to change his game to pick n roll instead of running off screens. Lakers are lucky they have Vanderblit under contract for one more year.

LeBron, AD, Bamba and Vanderblit are all under Lakers salary for 2023-2024. Time for you to accept that already.

As for the shooting, DAngelo Russell, Schroeder and Walker are all great shooters, even Vando shoots 33% from 3.

The beauty of Vando you say.....minutes per game regular season 24, playoffs 16, Denver series 13.5. Regular season three point shooting Vando avg 33% in Utah NOT for LA where it was 30% at one attempt per. Playoffs he shot even worst, 2 attempts per at 24%. You know he didnt play at all in game 4 vs Denver right? If you actually watch Laker games you know their offence becomes crap when he plays. Sometimes LA can mask his deficiency but we all know this day and age of basketball, you NEED shooters. Again before you try to argue how great Vando was, he played fewer minutes in the playoffs and even less in the Denver series while shooting like **** 24% from three.

-Mo Bamba is non gauranteed, they can possibly waive him?

-Russel a great shooter? He shot 25% from three during the GS and Denver series and if you include the first round, 31% from three. Not only that, he was unplayable vs Denver.

-Shroder a great shooter? He averaged 33%(below league average) in the regular season and playoffs at 3 attempts per.

-Lonnie a great shooter? Just because you HEARD he made some threes in the playoffs, he is a great shooter. Dude barely saw any minutes.

-Dillion Brooks, shot 33% for three during regular season, 30% the year before, a crap 23% in the series vs LA.

-Westbrook, he shot...............you know what, just slap yourself.

From the starters, AD was their best three point shooter and didn't average one attempt in the playoffs. So I have no idea who are the GREAT shooters your talking about.

You clearly dont pay attention to Laker games and if you do, its clearly just for Lebron.

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 12:59 PM
The beauty of Vando you say.....minutes per game regular season 24, playoffs 16, Denver series 13.5. Regular season three point shooting Vando avg 33% in Utah NOT for LA where it was 30% at one attempt per. Playoffs he shot even worst, 2 attempts per at 24%. You know he didnt play at all in game 4 vs Denver right? If you actually watch Laker games you know their offence becomes crap when he plays. Sometimes LA can mask his deficiency but we all know this day and age of basketball, you NEED shooters. Again before you try to argue how great Vando was, he played fewer minutes in the playoffs and even less in the Denver series while shooting like **** 24% from three.

-Mo Bamba is non gauranteed, they can possibly waive him?

-Russel a great shooter? He shot 25% from three during the GS and Denver series and if you include the first round, 31% from three. Not only that, he was unplayable vs Denver.

-Shroder a great shooter? He averaged 33%(below league average) in the regular season and playoffs at 3 attempts per.

-Lonnie a great shooter? Just because you HEARD he made some threes in the playoffs, he is a great shooter. Dude barely saw any minutes.

-Dillion Brooks, dude shot 33% for threeduring regular season, 30% the year before, a crap 23% in the series vs LA.

-Westbrook, he shot...............you know what, just slap yourself.

From the starters, AD was their best three point shooter and didn't even average 1 attempt in the playoffs. So I have no idea whp are the GREAT shooters your talking about.

You clearly dont pay attention to Laker games and if you do, its clearly just for Lebron.

Like I said the beauty of Vanderblit is his defense. That’s exactly what the Lakers brought him in for. One 3pt attempt per game is too small of a sample to determine anything about his shooting.

Also Bamba and Vanderblit are both fully guaranteed contracts for 2024. Might want to check your facts dawg, lakers are stuck with them anyway you spin it.

I’ve been a Laker fan since the 90s while you became one in 2018. Bandwagoners are funny to me.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 01:02 PM
One bad series doesn’t make him a bad player. He was great in the Warriors and Grizzlies series. Keep the slander up though, if DLo doesn’t get the money he deserves it’s on you. Karma is a bitch like ya boy said.

You know Russel always disappear in the playoffs right? Doing good for one or two series then choking when the 'going gets tougher' means nothing.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Like I said the beauty of Vanderblit is his defense. That’s exactly what the Lakers brought him in for. One 3pt attempt per game is too small of a sample to determine anything about his shooting.

Also Bamba and Vanderblit are both fully guaranteed contracts for 2024. Might want to check your facts dawg, lakers are stuck with them anyway you spin it.

I’ve been a Laker fan since the 90s while you became one in 2018. Bandwagoners are funny to me.

Stop looking at *****hype. If you follow the Lakers you would know Bamba's contract is non-gauranteed. I just dont understand how its different/similar to a UFA. LA can possibly waive him or some sort.......?

Even though Vando provide much needed wing defence, the offence becomes stagnant when he plays. Again LA is able to play through that sometimes but with how the team is setup, it wont win you a ring.

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 01:06 PM
You know Russel always disappear in the playoffs right? Doing good for one or two series then choking when the 'going gets tougher' means nothing.

Sounds like you’re talking about LeBron.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you’re talking about LeBron.

Middle-school mean-girl cant have a normal debate/arguement regarding basketball. Truly cant come back from the LeMentalObsession.

ShawkFactory
06-04-2023, 02:52 PM

I never said he was bad (although was a GOD AWFUL series), but he’s a poor decision-maker who isn’t good enough to play the he does on a contending team. Some non stars contribute heavily to winning and some don’t. Guys like DLo, Randle, and Westbrook fall into the latter category. If you’re serious about winning a championship I don’t think you want any of those guys playing any sort of significant role, if on the team at all.

Let Russell go to the Pistons or whatever and put up his 22 a game in peace.

Indian guy
06-04-2023, 03:20 PM
DLo averaged 15 ppg on 53% TS against GS. Not exactly 'great' or even 'good'.

But mediocre numbers are of little importance when evaluating a player like DLo. If you've seen him play, then you pretty much know he's not someone who belongs on a team with championship aspirations. No serious team can afford a rotation player with negative offensive IQ to go along with 0 defense. He's basically another Westbrook without the cancerous locker room presence, but he's a cancer on the court alright. And don't for a second think LA doesn't know this (just like every other team that got rid of DLo). He won't be a Laker next season.

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 03:56 PM
DLo averaged 15 ppg on 53% TS against GS. Not exactly 'great' or even 'good'.

But mediocre numbers are of little importance when evaluating a player like DLo. If you've seen him play, then you pretty much know he's not someone who belongs on a team with championship aspirations. No serious team can afford a rotation player with negative offensive IQ to go along with 0 defense. He's basically another Westbrook without the cancerous locker room presence, but he's a cancer on the court alright. And don't for a second think LA doesn't know this (just like every other team that got rid of DLo). He won't be a Laker next season.

DAngelo Russell was a Laker once
DAngelo Russell was a Laker twice

Seems like the Lakers front office likes what DAngelo Russell brings to the Lakers team despite what you think.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-04-2023, 07:17 PM
DAngelo Russell was a Laker once
DAngelo Russell was a Laker twice

Seems like the Lakers front office likes what DAngelo Russell brings to the Lakers team despite what you think.

This guy is like the Skip Bayless of ish. Say what he wants to say, believes what he wants to believe even if you point out the facts with reasoning/stats. Also not a fan of Lebron. Ladies and gentlemen we introduce to you......the Skip Bayless of ish, "BallLess".

BallsOut
06-04-2023, 08:13 PM
This guy is like the Skip Bayless of ish. Say what he wants to say, believes what he wants to believe even if you point out the facts with reasoning/stats. Also not a fan of Lebron. Ladies and gentlemen we introduce to you......the Skip Bayless of ish, "BallLess".

You're welcome to your opinions but I called Westbrook to LA before it happened. Ya heard it here first. Apparently Pelinka is a big fan of my trade scenarios.