PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Phoenix signs Frank Vogel as coach

Im Still Ballin
06-02-2023, 12:53 PM
:applause:

Good to see him get another head coaching gig.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1664670497743982592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1664670497743982592%7Ctwgr% 5Efadfa1f5074182f3fc3f47eb18fd5b7cca792c1a%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2 Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2295013

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2023, 01:11 PM
He’s a good coach.

Might not be black enough for Paul and KD tho. So something may have to give there.

Wardell Curry
06-02-2023, 01:42 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYjZjZWZjMWMyMmIwMGQ0YTk3YjU3MWQ 3NGViYWQ4OTcxMGE3OGEwYyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZzX 2dpZklkJmN0PWc/wJQF23Gt0eEMS2Zcbb/giphy.gif

Someone needs to edit in the faces of coaches.

bison
06-02-2023, 02:16 PM
He got a lot of unwarranted flack from the toxic ghetto Lakers fan base, but he's always been a good coach. It wasn't his fault he was done in by the front office. He is a defense first coach and Pelinka gave him a roster with a bunch of washed up veterans who stopped caring about play defense ages ago while taking away guys like KCP, McGee and Caruso. The Westbrook trade simply sealed his fate. But now I'm concerned he might have the same problems in Phoenix, a top heavy team lacking in defensive depth.

Manny98
06-02-2023, 02:26 PM
He got a lot of unwarranted flack from the toxic ghetto Lakers fan base, but he's always been a good coach. It wasn't his fault he was done in by the front office. He is a defense first coach and Pelinka gave him a roster with a bunch of washed up veterans who stopped caring about play defense ages ago while taking away guys like KCP, McGee and Caruso. The Westbrook trade simply sealed his fate. But now I'm concerned he might have the same problems in Phoenix, a top heavy team lacking in defensive depth.

This, Lakers were too quick to fire him

bison
06-02-2023, 02:34 PM
This, Lakers were too quick to fire him

I would have loved to see what he could do with this season's post trade deadline roster.

Im Still Ballin
06-02-2023, 02:56 PM
He’s a good coach.

Might not be black enough for Paul and KD tho. So something may have to give there.

Yeah, The Doc might've been a better choice. But maybe Chris has issues with him.

90sgoat
06-02-2023, 03:18 PM
Good signing.

Vogel is one of the best coaches in the league.

AlternativeAcc.
06-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Great signing. In retrospect its easy to see how dangerous Durant/Booker are/will be. They're the only team to push Denver at all so far, and did it with zero role player help or depth.

Crazy how good Durant is.

Luckily Paul's contract isn't too crippling, so they'll be able to sign some guys.

AlternativeAcc.
06-02-2023, 03:59 PM
He’s a good coach.

Paul is a nonfactor. He'll be waived in less than a year.

Durant liked Scott Brooks a lot, even though he was a terrible coach. I think he'll mesh really well with Vogel.

Full Court
06-02-2023, 04:02 PM
Vogel's actually a solid coach. He was just the scapegoat for all of LeShrivel's shortcomings in leading a super team to the lottery.

BarberSchool
06-02-2023, 06:44 PM
Watch Vogel sweep the lakers next year, and come up with a winning game plan against Denver next year, and win the chip. Then thank LeBron for getting him fired so he could win again lol

tpols
06-02-2023, 06:47 PM
Watch Vogel sweep the lakers next year, and come up with a winning game plan against Denver next year, and win the chip. Then thank LeBron for getting him fired so he could win again lol

lol...

Why did LA get rid of Vogel? He's obviously a very good coach and this ham guy is a ham. Was it an Affirmative action move? No way LA gets swept with Vogel.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-02-2023, 06:48 PM
He is difinitely better then Ham(terrible rotations).

BarberSchool
06-02-2023, 06:57 PM
lol...

Why did LA get rid of Vogel? He's obviously a very good coach and this ham guy is a ham. Was it an Affirmative action move? No way LA gets swept with Vogel.Cause Bran saw the opportunity to offload any blame and responsibility onto Frank and jumped at that opportunity before it stuck to him in the collective public sheep mind … obviously.

tpols
06-02-2023, 06:59 PM
Cause Bran saw the opportunity to offload any blame and responsibility onto Frank and jumped at that opportunity before it stuck to him in the collective public sheep mind … obviously.

Yea but why Ham? He's only lightskin. LA should've hired Wesley Snipes if they're truly w0ke. Not only does he fit the demographic but Coach Snipes? That has a ring to it.

Full Court
06-02-2023, 07:01 PM
Cause Bran saw the opportunity to offload any blame and responsibility onto Frank and jumped at that opportunity before it stuck to him in the collective public sheep mind … obviously.

Yep, pretty much this.

When a superteam ends up in the lottery, somebody's got to take the blame.

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2023, 07:02 PM
lol...
Why did LA get rid of Vogel? He's obviously a very good coach and this ham guy is a ham. Was it an Affirmative action move? No way LA gets swept with Vogel.

I think after Walton and Vogel, AD had an itchy trigger finger with regard to getting someone the same race as him in there. AD wanted them to move on so that AD could get his own guy. And AD (with his famed ‘war room’ and such) is known to call those shots, and he advocated for Ham unsurprisingly.

That said, I actually dont think Ham’s a bad coach. They won two playoff series with a roster turned over heavily at the deadline and lost to a simply more talented Nuggets team. I didnt really see many issues with their play/strategy that I would fault coaching for. And he seems like a good dude.

I just think if some people in society are allowed to advocate racist hiring practices, then everyone should be. Thats my only issue. Either it’s ok or it’s not. The selectivity is bullshit.

tpols
06-02-2023, 07:07 PM
I think after Walton and Vogel, AD had an itchy trigger finger with regard to getting someone the same race as him in there. AD wanted them to move on so that AD could get his own guy. And AD (with his famed ‘war room’ and such) is known to call those shots, and he advocated for Ham unsurprisingly.

That said, I actually dont think Ham’s a bad coach. They won two playoff series with a roster turned over heavily at the deadline and lost to a simply more talented Nuggets team. I didnt really see many issues with their play/strategy that I would fault coaching for. And he seems like a good dude.

I just think if some people in society are allowed to advocate racist hiring practices, then everyone should be. Thats my only issue. Either it’s ok or it’s not. The selectivity is bullshit.

I think you're trying to deflect blame away from LeGodFather.

tpols
06-02-2023, 07:13 PM

Mike Malone has also been with the Nuggets since 2016. That's 7 years. Nuggets are organic and they conclude every game with a 1...2...3... FAMILY speech. There's something to be said about developing organic chemistry and comraderie. Lebron never did that. He always took the cheap easy way out despite his GOAT talent.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-02-2023, 07:17 PM
Ham started 3 guards in the first game vs Denver who has 3 guys who are 6'8+ and KCP who can start at sf on any team and Murray. Jokic had like what, 15-20 rebounds by first half? Ham as a first year coach is not a excuse on how dumb of a move that was.

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Mike Malone has also been with the Nuggets since 2016. That's 7 years. Nuggets are organic and they conclude every game with a 1...2...3... FAMILY speech. There's something to be said about developing organic chemistry and comraderie. Lebron never did that. He always took the cheap easy way out despite his GOAT talent.

Bruh Murray and Porter were 7th and 14th overall picks respectively.

You dont get picks that high when youre built around LeGOAT. Youre gonna be drafting 25th+ every year.

The lottery system does not reward rapid success. Lebron and his team were basically punished for him coming into the league as a polished leader and a winner.

Maybe if he tanked games and wore “trust the process” tshirts he could have built a long term contender in Cleveland. But Lebron doesnt shortcut success. He gave them everything he had for 7 years and then exercised his right to pursue his goals elsewhere.

#LeIntegrity
#LeChampion
#Le14InchesLong

tpols
06-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Bruh Murray and Porter were 7th and 14th overall picks respectively.

You dont get picks that high when youre built around LeGOAT. Youre gonna be drafting 25th+ every year.

The lottery system does not reward rapid success. Lebron and his team were basically punished for him coming into the league as a polished leader and a winner.

Maybe if he tanked games and wore “trust the process” tshirts he could have built a long term contender in Cleveland. But Lebron doesnt shortcut success. He gave them everything he had for 7 years and then exercised his right to pursue his goals elsewhere.

#LeIntegrity
#LeChampion
#Le14InchesLong

Everything you just said could be said about LeWestbrook. What you described is basically basketball purgatory... great talent, poor brand of ball.

FultzNationRISE
06-02-2023, 07:47 PM
Everything you just said could be said about LeWestbrook. What you described is basically basketball purgatory... great talent, poor brand of ball.

The year after Westbrook was drafted fourth - and two years after Durant drafted second - the Thunder took Harden third overall.

The year after Lebron went first, the Cavs picked 10th and selected some guy named Luke Jackson.

They didnt have a pick in 05.

In 06 they took Shannon Brown 25th overall.

Please have some respect. Do not compare LeKing James’ career to Russell ****ing Westbrook.

highwhey
06-02-2023, 09:33 PM
excellent hire. suns haven't played defense since the 90s.

SaltyMeatballs
06-02-2023, 09:35 PM
I like it. Just glad it wasn't Doc Rivers

SATAN
06-02-2023, 09:57 PM

This is such a low IQ take.