PDA

View Full Version : stop talking about sidekicks 3ball

red1
06-05-2023, 12:16 AM
looks like they released you out of the cage

reminder - baldan took every single shot so you cant complain about pippen's scoring numbers:

https://www.nba.com/bulls/history/pippen-stood-tall-without-jordan-1993-94

But the team, led by Scottie Pippen and an increased role from both Horace Grant and B. J. Armstrong were able to lead the Bulls to a 55-win season, only 2 wins less than the 1992-93 team, which had Jordan.

red1
06-05-2023, 12:18 AM
pippen took them to game 7 of the eastern conference semis and 55-wins while mikey mouse was scrubbing it up in the minor leagues.

dogshit baseball player btw.

this is the definition of a stacked team:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

red1
06-05-2023, 12:21 AM
pippen's statline without jordan was elite

22 points 6 assists 9 rebounds 3 steals and a block per game on great efficiency

stfu

iamgine
06-05-2023, 12:26 AM
MJ was the GOAT. Pippen was one of the best player in the league. Phil was one of the GOAT coach. Horace Grant & Co provided top notch support.

It's really that simple.

red1
06-05-2023, 12:27 AM
MJ was the arguable GOAT. Pippen was one of the best player in the league. Phil was one of the GOAT coach. Horace Grant & Co provided top notch support.

It's really that simple.

I dont have a problem with any of this :applause:

3ba11
06-05-2023, 12:50 AM
MJ was the GOAT. Pippen was one of the best player in the league. Phil was one of the GOAT coach. Horace Grant & Co provided top notch support.

It's really that simple.

Everyone team had guys like Horace and company or a scorer like Pippen, while the Bulls had inferior team defenses to their ECF and Finals opponents during the 1st three-peat (and the 92' Knicks)

Jordan is the only guy that won 3+ titles without a franchise player at sidekick OR only 1 all-star teammate

Axe
06-05-2023, 01:09 AM

It's really that simple.
Correct.

3ba11
06-05-2023, 03:17 AM

It's really that simple.

"one of the best players in the league" is a broad statement that could be said about Ingram or Westbrook or Klay or Igoudala

And Phil was a 1st-time nobody coach in 1991 just like Mike Brown in 2006 - he wasn't anywhere near a goat coach in 1991 - MJ agreed to make a winner out of Phil's little-known triangle, which gave Phil a goat resume

And Horace was worse than most team's 3rd best player, aka worse than Vlade or Sam Perkins from the 91' Lakers, who both destroyed him in the Finals.. Ditto for all-stars like Buck Williams or Duckworth from the Blazers... Ditto Majerle or Dumas from the Suns.. All these guys easily outplayed Horace because they were actual scorers and go-to players, while Horace was just a dunker/rebounder that averaged 12/8 alongside Jordan and 11/8 for his career.. So no, this wasn't "top notch" support.. Bron fans are a joke.. "top notch support" would be having franchise players at sidekick AND third option, whereas MJ was the only franchise player on the Bulls.

So pump the brakes on the euphemisms when you describe the Bulls' cast - they were a bunch of low-scoring role players that Jordan carried and the stats back this up - the stats back up what I'm saying, not what you're saying.

RogueBorg
06-05-2023, 10:46 AM
pippen's statline without jordan was elite

22 points 6 assists 9 rebounds 3 steals and a block per game on great efficiency

stfu

22 ppg under 50% shooting is elite? :roll:

It's not your fault, Lebron has bestowed upon his followers these low levels of expectations, I'm going to show you what an elite stat-line looks like;

32.5 ppg, .538 shooting, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 apg, 3.0 spg.

That's elite.

Xiao Yao You
06-05-2023, 10:50 AM
dogshit baseball player btw.

yeah everyone can go from the NBA to pro baseball after not even playing since high school :facepalm

Hey Yo
06-05-2023, 10:55 AM
yeah everyone can go from the NBA to pro baseball after not even playing since high school :facepalm

Jordan didn't come close to making a pro baseball team.

red1
06-05-2023, 01:15 PM
22 ppg under 50% shooting is elite? :roll:

It's not your fault, Lebron has bestowed upon his followers these low levels of expectations, I'm going to show you what an elite stat-line looks like;

32.5 ppg, .538 shooting, 8.0 rpg, 8.0 apg, 3.0 spg.

That's elite.

22 points on 49% with that defense and all-around game isnt elite?

you'd have to be mentally retarded to argue otherwise :oldlol:

red1
06-05-2023, 01:16 PM
thats a GREAT sidekick

r15mohd
06-05-2023, 01:16 PM
"one of the best players in the league" is a broad statement that could be said about Ingram or Westbrook or Klay or Igoudala

And Phil was a 1st-time nobody coach in 1991 just like Mike Brown in 2006 - he wasn't anywhere near a goat coach in 1991 - MJ agreed to make a winner out of Phil's little-known triangle, which gave Phil a goat resume

And Horace was worse than most team's 3rd best player, aka worse than Vlade or Sam Perkins from the 91' Lakers, who both destroyed him in the Finals.. Ditto for all-stars like Buck Williams or Duckworth from the Blazers... Ditto Majerle or Dumas from the Suns.. All these guys easily outplayed Horace because they were actual scorers and go-to players, while Horace was just a dunker/rebounder that averaged 12/8 alongside Jordan and 11/8 for his career.. So no, this wasn't "top notch" support.. Bron fans are a joke.. "top notch support" would be having franchise players at sidekick AND third option, whereas MJ was the only franchise player on the Bulls.

So pump the brakes on the euphemisms when you describe the Bulls' cast - they were a bunch of low-scoring role players that Jordan carried and the stats back this up - the stats back up what I'm saying, not what you're saying.

no, it's only a broad statement because how quick you make any player "best in the league" to fit your agendas. case in point, Iggy Westrbook, Ingram, Klay. they are good players, but none are or haven been best in the league sans Westbrook and even then during his triple-double season i wouldnt say he was "best in the lague"

red1
06-05-2023, 01:19 PM
no, it's only a broad statement because how quick you make any player "best in the league" to fit your agendas. case in point, Iggy Westrbook, Ingram, Klay. they are good players, but none are or haven been best in the league sans Westbrook and even then during his triple-double season i wouldnt say he was "best in the lague"

I'll pippen over all of them except klay without hesitation

even that would be hard decision... klay shooting was so elite that it is a toss-up

r15mohd
06-05-2023, 01:23 PM
I'll pippen over all of them except klay without hesitation

even that would be hard decision... klay shooting was so elite that it is a toss-up

klay was good, but i dont think he was best in the league at any given point of his career - best shooter of course, but you can still choose 7-10 guys ahead of him very easily. as for him to replace with pippen, not for what pippen brought to the Bulls. as good as defender as Klay is, Pippen was so much better and that in itself speaks bounds, and Klays offense ability would not make up for that.

Phoenix
06-05-2023, 01:29 PM

It's funny how he throws Iguodola's name in there. Iggy as first option on the Sixers was dropping 20/5/5/46%. That's like.....97 Pippen numbers( Scottie was actually 20/7/6/47% that year), but apparently Iggy was one of the 'best in the league' and Pippen as a number 2 to Jordan was a bum.

red1
06-05-2023, 01:33 PM
It's funny how he throws Iguodola's name in there. Iggy as first option on the Sixers was dropping 20/5/5/46%. That's like.....97 Pippen numbers( Scottie was actually 20/7/6/47% that year), but apparently Iggy was one of the 'best in the league' and Pippen as a number 2 to Jordan was a bum.

he's completely irrational. zero logic.

klay was good, but i dont think he was best in the league at any given point of his career - best shooter of course, but you can still choose 7-10 guys ahead of him very easily. as for him to replace with pippen, not for what pippen brought to the Bulls. as good as defender as Klay is, Pippen was so much better and that in itself speaks bounds, and Klays offense ability would not make up for that.

yeah I'd probably still go pippen

3ball is a certified moron

RRR3
06-05-2023, 01:36 PM
Banned again :roll:

ShawkFactory
06-05-2023, 03:01 PM
Jordan didn't come close to making a pro baseball team.

Not to come to Jordan's aide in a thread directed a 3ball, but AA minor leagues IS professional ball.

red1
06-05-2023, 03:33 PM
Banned again :roll:

they put that shit-sniffing monkey back in his cage :oldlol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Su0aljmbFVghW/giphy.gif