PDA

View Full Version : Isnt any pub good pub? Id argue NBA *should* disclose Ja suspension during the Finals

FultzNationRISE
06-05-2023, 08:05 PM
They have little to lose ratings wise, might as well get people reading anything they can about the NBA and maybe a few more casuals will decide to tune into the Finals.

None of the NBA’s core fans are unaware of the Morant situation or are gonna stop watching because of it. And if people who arent watching anyway read about Morant and say “tisk tisk…” who cares? They arent watching anyway.

Put any NBA related headline you can out there, every article will mention that the Finals is going on, see if it gets more people invested into the happenings of the league and tuning in to either hear more about Ja or see whats up with the Nuggets and Heat.

It’s not gonna diminish anything the Heat or Nuggets do, the game broadcasts are still gonna be about the Finals. Just drop a juicy headline right now and go for a synergy effect to at least try and give it a promotional pulse. They have nothing to lose really.

Axe
06-05-2023, 08:15 PM
I don't get why others would like to see him on their respective fave teams when it would probably take at least half of the next season before he gets to play again.

AlternativeAcc.
06-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Silver PR not wanting it to distract from the finals

Probably not a big money incentive either way so made an optics decision. I'd probably do the same

FultzNationRISE
06-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Silver PR not wanting it to distract from the finals

Probably not a big money incentive either way so made an optics decision. I'd probably do the same

I agree neither decision will dramatically move the needle in any direction. I still think it’s technically the right business decision, but I guess they dont see a need to risk it.