PDA

View Full Version : The Saudis made the PGA bend the knee. Is the NBA immune?

Kblaze8855
06-06-2023, 03:22 PM
Probably….right?

The Saudi’s have unlimited finances and threw deals at PGA guys too good to decline. Dudes got 200 million signing bonuses…but some refused.

Rory is said to have turned down like 500 million and Tiger said no to 800. 800 ****ing million dollars. He said no.

But some small time(relative) guys did too. One guy who has 15 million in earnings turned down 130 million.

Most of them claimed moral issues with blood money and/or loyalty to the PGA. Then the PGA itself sold out and merged.

All those people who didn’t take the money now work for the same people they told to **** off….only without the signing bonus.

We are lucky they didn’t come for the nba before salaries exploded. They could buy euroleague teams and offer hundreds of millions. Some of our stars would have folded if they weren’t already tycoon rich from the nba. Those little 12 million dollar deals wouldn’t fend off Saudi money. Hell current deals might not.

For 500 million?

Who in the nba do you think jumps ship to the oil money gang?

https://youtu.be/D874kQpNEpc

Kblaze8855
06-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Liv Ball offers Lebron the 800 million Tiger deal he’d walk today wouldn’t he? Tiger is more washed than Lebron but they probably would have paid him a billion.

I dont know how many nba players walk away from a billion. Bet the Saudis would find a way to let you get it largely off the books too.

They offer Steph 500 million in public and 250 in gold/art/estates under the table….

You think he says no?

tontoz
06-06-2023, 03:33 PM
NBA players are too rich. The Saudis wouldn't be able to buy enough of them off for a league.

LIV golf is a joke. Nobody is watching but it got their foot in the door for this merger, which is a shock to everyone in the golf world. I suspect there might have been some skeletons in the PGA tour closet that might have come out in discovery for the lawsuit. The commissioner is going to have a lot of explaining to do given his past comments.

Kblaze8855
06-06-2023, 03:37 PM
The nba wealth is the saving grace. That’s why I said we are lucky they didn’t come for it a decade ago. Back when a whole title team made 60 million? Which was early 2000s?

You’d get a hell of a team with oil money.

Hey Yo
06-06-2023, 03:44 PM
You know it had to extremely piss off the PGA when Koepka won the that major a few weeks ago.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2023, 03:48 PM
I don't know exactly who says yes and who says no but if the NBA is getting outbid there would be defectors. Some guys would reject Saudi money on principal but there are plenty that either don't know much about it or are willing to sell their moral objections. Or just don't care about issues.

bdonovan
06-06-2023, 03:54 PM
The arguments against the Saudis that I've read online don't seem to add up. Particularly the arguments that they are murderous and using golf for sportswashing, to cover up for their crimes.

The argument that they're murderous comes from killing one person (Khashoggi) whereas we are reported to have killed about 200,000 innocents, including women and children, in the Middle East (and we're halfway around the world from there) in our numerous wars in the last 25 years.

200,000 > 1

To see how ludicrous the idea of sportswashing is, do we in the US offer up the PGA or NBA to distract people from the countless wars we've been in (from Iraq to Afghanistan to Libya to Syria)? Do we serve up the MLB to distract from or torture laboratory in Guantanamo and our other human rights violations? Actually maybe they have a point.......

Saudi's LIV was good for the game because it offered an alternative to the PGA monopoly. Too bad they merged.

Rory claimed to turn LIV down on principle but he realized his endorsements would suffer and that's where he makes a lot of money. Same with Tiger Woods. Enough American consumers mindlessly adopt negative stereotypes about foreign countries, particularly those not in the West so avoiding LIV was wise for their pocketbook.

Could they do this with the NBA? Well their strategy was to start LIV and then sue the PGA for being a monopoly. I don't think LIV was even that successful. So that playbook might work elsewhere.

To compare:

*NBA: "The NBA's current TV deals expire after the 2024-25 season and, by all accounts, they expect a significant rise in annual payouts from broadcasting partners, with a 2021 report saying that they are looking to triple their rights fees from $2.6 billion annually to between $7 and $8 billion annually"

* Golf: "The current agreement runs through 2021, and is estimated to pay the PGA Tour $400 million annually."

The revenue involved does not seem in the same ballpark. It is like a 10x difference at least from TV revenue.

One team - the Golden State Warriors- pay $235M a year to their players (https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/cap/). So actually now that I run the numbers, it seems possible. It would be about $6 billion a year for salaries I'm guessing. And as you can see the TV revenue would seem to cover that. Their PIF fund I believe has hundreds of billions of dollars.

Regarding Steph and LeBron, I'd say for whichever player depends on endorsements for a bulk of their income (I'm talking superstars), people with Nike deals, the answer is a resounding NO because playing for the Saudis would compromise their image.

Kblaze8855
06-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Isn’t the Chinese basketball league controlled by the state?

If you’ll play for China you’ll play for the Saudis. And most of the league wouldn’t turn down Chinese money.

Kblaze8855
06-06-2023, 04:32 PM
The arguments against the Saudis that I've read online don't seem to add up. Particularly the arguments that they are murderous and using golf for sportswashing, to cover up for their crimes.

The argument that they're murderous comes from killing one person (Khashoggi) whereas we are reported to have killed about 200,000 innocents, including women and children, in the Middle East (and we're halfway around the world from there) in our numerous wars in the last 25 years.

200,000 > 1

So what do you hate most? Truth, justice, or the American way?

Jasper
06-06-2023, 09:41 PM
You know it had to extremely piss off the PGA when Koepka won the that major a few weeks ago.

what I would of like Koepka to have said when he excepted the trophy ... long LIVe LIV players.

THE PGA WOULD stopped them from playing in the grand slam.
Like I said before , will LIV create a Major that PGA players will participate in ???

LIV players were 100% bought... that is their bullseye on thei rback ... bought for a price.

Will the NBA or some organization buy NBA players ???

NBA players make more than golf players.... so I say NO

Stephonit
06-06-2023, 11:13 PM
what I would of like Koepka to have said when he excepted the trophy ... long LIVe LIV players.

THE PGA WOULD stopped them from playing in the grand slam.
Like I said before , will LIV create a Major that PGA players will participate in ???

LIV players were 100% bought... that is their bullseye on thei rback ... bought for a price.

Will the NBA or some organization buy NBA players ???

NBA players make more than golf players.... so I say NO

What's wrong with selling out to the Saudis? People buy their oil everyday.

iamgine
06-07-2023, 12:56 AM
If I have "unlimited" money and want the NBA to fold, I'd poach the college stars. NBA is weak because of salary cap. What if the Saudis are willing to pay all the upcoming #1-5 draft pick $20M tax free a season? Paolo Banchero is "only" paid $5M after tax. Would he really choose to go to the NBA in that case? Would Wambenyama? The NBA would lose a lot of credibility. Or forced to raise salaries so high it's not sustainable.

ILLsmak
06-07-2023, 01:13 AM
NBA players are too rich. The Saudis wouldn't be able to buy enough of them off for a league.

LIV golf is a joke. Nobody is watching but it got their foot in the door for this merger, which is a shock to everyone in the golf world. I suspect there might have been some skeletons in the PGA tour closet that might have come out in discovery for the lawsuit. The commissioner is going to have a lot of explaining to do given his past comments.

Na some under the table shit happened which is why it’s such a joke. It’s not even a joke because Saudi bought em out. It’s a joke cuz how they acted so ridiculously to people, like they fought and fought, ppl say tiger said no but I imagine it’d be the same for Bron, prol contract stuff that wouldn’t allow it. Doubt pga contracts are that tight and their endorsement deals, same.

I’m for better bball and more prosperity. If u think saudis are the worst of worst dono, u bin brainwarshed. Not gonna happen tho. Saudi prol low key racist. This is mad racist, but it’s a life observation, a lot of middle eastern people are not pro black n they def aren’t pro pride. Golf is the whitest shit ever. Rich, white. It fits. Bball not so much. But if they wanna field some teams good luck. Remm it’s not one guy but they need a whole staff and team and facilities.

It’s possible but likely not seen as worth.

-Smak

ILLsmak
06-07-2023, 01:18 AM
Isn’t the Chinese basketball league controlled by the state?

If you’ll play for China you’ll play for the Saudis. And most of the league wouldn’t turn down Chinese money.

The nba is prol largely funded by china. U underestimate(?) how much china was able to snatch when our stuff crashed. Chinese money is par for the course no pun. And they are commies so they don’t have morals, even misguided morals like Saudi. So they’ll do whatever gets best end.

-Smak

bdonovan
06-07-2023, 01:34 AM

None. Just pointing out that we tend to fly into rage against foreign countries until we actually assess what our own record is like in terms of brutality and human rights.

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 06:23 AM
Is there a more despised figure in sports today than Jay Monahan? Yesterday morning I honestly didn't even know who he was but after being buried in info and reading up in how he told players not to take the Liv hundred million deals, how they didn't want to offend 9/11 families and all of his talk about sport washing Saudi money... just wow. Tiger Woods might have turned down a billion dollars and now here they all are part of Liv golf anyway. Their money is just as dirty as it would have been they're just going to get less of it. Can these players hit Monahan with a class action lawsuit? This has to be like insider trading or something. And does this dude have any sense of shame at all?

PeroAntic
06-07-2023, 06:31 AM
The Saudis are the cancer of sports. They are already destroying European football, so its only a matter of time until they get interested in basketball and start chipping away the NBA.

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 07:32 AM

None. Just pointing out that we tend to fly into rage against foreign countries until we actually assess what our own record is like in terms of brutality and human rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqdsNxS_fk8

hold this L
06-07-2023, 07:51 AM
It's already begun in soccer. Benzema is heading to the Oil League for 200 million euros/year for two seasons. Ronaldo left a season earlier. There's a rumor Messi has been offered 1.2 Billion for two years. Then you have solid talents like Zaha leaving the EPL and heading there.

Kblaze8855
06-07-2023, 07:53 AM
I think Messi is coming to Miami, but MLS had to rig the deal with part ownership of a franchise and some of the Apple TV streaming money to fight off the Saudi bid. You can only do that 1-2 times.

Kblaze8855
06-07-2023, 08:00 AM

I’d say we have a”Shouldn’t have been talking shit” foreign policy. Can’t let ‘em have your cornbread

https://youtu.be/nmMT0ZbNOHY

HoopologyPhD
06-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Saudis are poor compared to the "people" that own the NBA

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2023, 12:00 PM
Saudis are poor compared to the "people" that own the NBA
They have something like 700 billion to spend so no they aren't. If the time ever comes they may not have to sell but you have some alternative league offering Doncic a billion you are going to see some competition for the talent pool. Just a question of whether or not they want to get into pro basketball.

Dbrog
06-07-2023, 12:10 PM
Surprised you don't remember this Oldheads. Italy already tried to do this with Kobe once upon a time. He was gonna get over 600k per game he played there but it eventually fell through when NBA lockout ended up not happening. It was a big deal that Kobe didn't take it back then. Nowadays the Saudis could certainly structure something similar and competitive for this financial market

https://thesportsrush.com/kobe-bryant-was-offered-800000-to-play-three-games-in-italy-italian-club-virtus-bologna-tired-to-entice-the-los-angeles-lakers-guard-to-play-during-the-2011-nba-lockout/

Artillery
06-07-2023, 12:51 PM
ProbablyÂ….right?

The SaudiÂ’s have unlimited finances and threw deals at PGA guys too good to decline. Dudes got 200 million signing bonusesÂ…but some refused.

Rory is said to have turned down like 500 million and Tiger said no to 800. 800 ****ing million dollars. He said no.

But some small time(relative) guys did too. One guy who has 15 million in earnings turned down 130 million.

Most of them claimed moral issues with blood money and/or loyalty to the PGA. Then the PGA itself sold out and merged.

All those people who didnÂ’t take the money now work for the same people they told to **** offÂ….only without the signing bonus.

We are lucky they didnÂ’t come for the nba before salaries exploded. They could buy euroleague teams and offer hundreds of millions. Some of our stars would have folded if they werenÂ’t already tycoon rich from the nba. Those little 12 million dollar deals wouldnÂ’t fend off Saudi money. Hell current deals might not.

For 500 million?

Who in the nba do you think jumps ship to the oil money gang?

https://youtu.be/D874kQpNEpc

You just going to ignore the NBA bending the knee to the genocidal Chinese government? You had Lebron and Adam Silver ordering Morey to shut up when he criticized the CCP. The Saudis are bad but there's enough negative press around them that they have to spend billions to salvage their image. The Chinese are a whole different level of evil. They have concentration camps where they split Uyghur families apart. Harvest the organs of the males while marrying off the females to dilute their gene pool. And they get away with this through political pressure. The CCP made a museum in France cancel an exhibition on the Mongols because it annoyed them. They organize CCP operatives in the US(disguised as students) to protest any dialogue about the Uyghur genocide on college campuses. Look at what Qing James did to Morey. James talks about the human rights abuses of blacks in the US while shilling for a country committing the worst atrocities of our lifetime. Popovich is another great example. He rightfully speaks out about the evils of Putin or Kim Jong but won't say anything about Xi and the CCP. He knows who signs his checks and keeps his mouth shut.

Artillery
06-07-2023, 12:55 PM

200,000 > 1

Yeah, let's ignore the genocide in Yemen. Or 9/11. You sound like those useful idiots that justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine through whataboutism about the US military(also evil).

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 12:59 PM

I laugh whenever I see a 'support the troops' bumper sticker or sign. Americans by and large are completely brainwashed since birth.

https://i.postimg.cc/SQD5S5vY/hen.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bwC1C738/smed.jpg

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:26 PM
most americans worship this completely fake book in their mental slavery, bringing them to worship War like soulless complete fools

You're all in the backpocket of government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSEErHNBp8

https://i.postimg.cc/tgTqCf3r/yyun.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Pf8qwBB9/test.webp

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CDaflxJJ0g

https://i.postimg.cc/X7HJ30hz/eer.jpg

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:50 PM
the land of the free and the brave my a$$. there is nothing "free" about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_8rt1PSck8

And....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEP0GE0SY0

bdonovan
06-07-2023, 01:53 PM

That's the great thing about comedy. It's hard to argue with in that format.

I've lived all over the world, but lived in the US over 40 years, born and raised, and there is absolutely no people that are more intellectually dishonest than Americans both about what their own country has done (and our responsibility in it, as a democracy) and who engage in more outright exaggeration or lying about other countries, usually from a standpoint of ignorance. Unabashed hypocrisy on steroids.

No other country even comes close. (well some European countries come close occasionally)

For one thing, those overseas are more reserved culturally about lying or engaging in hypocrisy.

Americans readily believe the worst about any other nation, esp. not in the "West", and then glom on to some Internet "report" about them, and copy and paste, or repeat nonsense slogans or simplistic formulations of that country over and over again. The bigger picture and the broader context? Who needs it.

Gee, where does that formula come from? Maybe hyper-partisanship. Where it becomes fashionable to lie about the other side while ignoring all the messed up stuff your own party does. Take that same morally-devoid tribalism and apply it at the nation-state level and that's the quality of discourse you get with American/Western opinion about the world.

Note: Looks like Messi joined Miami. I'm sure few Westerners will be droning on about him taking "blood money" from the nation with the highest death count from wars in the last 25 years.

/end rant

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 02:09 PM
That's the great thing about comedy. It's hard to argue with in that format.

I've lived all over the world, but lived in the US over 40 years, born and raised, and there is absolutely no people that are more intellectually dishonest than Americans both about what their own country has done (and our responsibility in it, as a democracy) and who engage in more outright exaggeration or lying about other countries, usually from a standpoint of ignorance. Unabashed hypocrisy on steroids.

No other country even comes close. (well some European countries come close occasionally)

For one thing, those overseas are more reserved culturally about lying or engaging in hypocrisy.

Americans readily believe the worst about any other nation, esp. not in the "West", and then glom on to some Internet "report" about them, and copy and paste, or repeat nonsense slogans or simplistic formulations of that country over and over again. The bigger picture and the broader context? Who needs it.

Gee, where does that formula come from? Maybe hyper-partisanship. Where it becomes fashionable to lie about the other side while ignoring all the messed up stuff your own party does. Take that same morally-devoid tribalism and apply it at the nation-state level and that's the quality of discourse you get with American/Western opinion about the world.

Note: Looks like Messi joined Miami. I'm sure few Westerners will be droning on about him taking "blood money" from the nation with the highest death count from wars in the last 25 years.

/end rant

Yep. Americans are brainwashed since birth. Right from the beginning when they're kids they are taught Christopher Columbus and his christian cronies just innocently and romantically "discovered" america, the so-called "new frontier" . What a bunch of bullcrap. Not once is it mentioned in their school textbooks how they invaded and slaughtered over 120 million indians in the US and over 90 million in south america, making hitler look like an angel .. The "forefathers" americans worship (and former presidents centuries ago) were slave owners and some of the worst creatures you can ever find.

Always remember that it is the perpetrators who write the history books, never the innocent and the true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSyKtD19Ps

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 02:11 PM
And speaking of comedy....

I absolutely LOVE HER !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaqdFnjKClE

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 02:15 PM
And speaking of hypocrisy, I have no clue why americans despise Vladamir Putin, as Putin is EXACTLY like american forefathers and Bush et al. He mirrors america to a TEE with him using the bible in his speeches quoting verses from it to bring his country to war, exactly like america has done for decades and centuries.. A perfect mirror . Putin is a devout christian, like most americans. lol

Most americans are so completely dumb and lost in their total enslavement, that they actually believe "owning a gun" equates to freedom and true liberties. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN31-zypyOU

and here he is Quoting the bible to support his "we are the chosen" ones Narcissistic mentality, just like hitler, George Bush and Columbus etc etc etc: ... it's all the same BS .. The "we are the chosen ones" so the rest have to die and/or suffer, exactly the stupidity christians believe in their total hypocrisy, blindness, ignorance and arrogance. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtOSNQRXqU8

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 02:38 PM
She is the best !!

I absolutely love her to bits... top 10 channel on youtube handsdown !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmWAFz7LjKs

And ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSzZpVFZ2zw

And..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9h_bxcgaGE

bdonovan
06-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Haha, I didn't mean for this to be about purely dumping on America. There's a lot I love about this country and am grateful for. I was watching an old video of America in the 1940's and it's amazing the kind of infrastructure we had back then.

I just wish we would be honest with ourselves and admit the bad as well as the good we've done. And not hate on non-Western, "Global South" countries based on caricatures. This kind of honest unbiased thinking will go a long way in a world where we don't necessarily dominate anymore.

Or promote the idea that money from certain countries is "bad" but ours is angelic and heavenly. If the NBA bought the Japanese basketball league, would it be viewed positively over there? I think it would. Even though we nuked that country. Let's show the same consideration for other countries, others show for us.

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 03:17 PM
I've been around from southeast asia to south america etc etc. Spoke to many US expats who left the US for good and they couldn't be happier. Most of the smart ones leave if they have the means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lYA7c1Pnuo

And as this girl mentions, when she returned to the US after 3 years abroad she felt alien in america, like a foreigner when she returned. She wisely left for good. I had the same experience returning to the US after spending time in a dozen other countries and it was just terrible visiting again. The energy was just horrible and that was between states. I had to leave the US before the departure date I couldn't wait to get out . Living in the US isn't a healthy way of life both mentally and spiritually, that's pretty basic knowledge for the rest of the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1Crar5akI

Kblaze8855
06-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Or promote the idea that money from certain countries is "bad" but ours is angelic and heavenly. If the NBA bought the Japanese basketball league, would it be viewed positively over there? I think it would. Even though we nuked that country.

I feel like you couldn’t have picked a worse example. They ran the quintessential “**** around and find out” military campaign. They killed/brought about the death of like 2 dozen…million people and launched a sneak attack on America. And it’s boiled down to “America nuked that country”?

Compared to sending a hundred thousand soldiers into the cheese grater of machine guns Japan had set up to defend the mainland? That’s a true lose lose.

You probably should have gone with someone we invaded for no good reason.

Artillery
06-07-2023, 03:44 PM
And speaking of hypocrisy, I have no clue why americans despise Vladamir Putin, as Putin is EXACTLY like american forefathers and Bush et al. He mirrors america to a TEE with him using the bible in his speeches quoting verses from it to bring his country to war, exactly like america has done for decades and centuries.. A perfect mirror . Putin is a devout christian, like most americans. lol

Most americans are so completely dumb and lost in their total enslavement, that they actually believe "owning a gun" equates to freedom and true liberties. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN31-zypyOU

and here he is Quoting the bible to support his "we are the chosen" ones Narcissistic mentality, just like hitler, George Bush and Columbus etc etc etc: ... it's all the same BS .. The "we are the chosen ones" so the rest have to die and/or suffer, exactly the stupidity christians believe in their total hypocrisy, blindness, ignorance and arrogance. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtOSNQRXqU8

Nobody cared about Putin when he was genociding muslims in the Caucasus back in the 90s. In fact, he was encouraged by many Western countries. His biggest mistake was invading a Christian nation like Ukraine. Jews and Christians are off limits but you can do whatever you want to Muslims:

China's concentration camps and genocide against their Uyghur minority
Russia's invasion of Chechnya and carpet bombing of Syria resulting in the ethnic cleansing of millions of Syrians
Israel's apartheid against Palestinians
US "wars" in Afganistan and Iraq and the hundreds of thousands of dead muslims as a result
Rohingya genocide by the Myanmar military

Russia went against script and attacked a Christian nation. That's where they faltered.

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 03:44 PM
Haha, I didn't mean for this to be about purely dumping on America.

its the constant war mentality of the country (or rather it's just a "company" not a country). That national anthem is the worst song i ever heard. The people worship war with the phrase "bombs burst ing in air" . Place their hand on their heart while repeating it. Absolute fools

It all boils down to fear.. Fear of death. That fear causes all the darkness to permeate that country (again, rather it's a company in reality). That fear of death causes them to kill without a thought. However death doesn't exist in reality. I am speaking of the real true spiritual reality. Most Americans (not all of course) are so far away from spiritual truths and the light

Their insistence that someone can save them via religion only cements that great fear and darkness within them

Nationalism is nothing more than full blown Narcissism .. And no country on earth worships nationalism more than americans ... put 2 and 2 together. Not hard to figure out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5p09NTrkg

And ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3jjzI8Gdo

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 03:50 PM
Most Americans would be so shocked by this Top 10 list they'd hyperventilate

I visited the #1 country on that list and couple others, and it's all true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYQYL1TCKMY

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 03:57 PM
If americans are so free, then explain why americans swallow down more prescription medicated drugs for their depression issues than all the rest of the world altogether. The US has 4% of the worlds population yet swallow more pills to try to solve their mental pain and inner anguish than 96% of the world does.

Furthermore, the US has 4% of the worlds population, yet 25% of the worlds prisoners incarcerated are americans.

Explain to me how that adds up to "the land of the free and the brave" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qNPO8UFJnw

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Just look at this, homeless tents for miles and miles in California next to the California Angels stadium.

The greed and violence in american culture permeates all the way down to your spiraling and out of control homeless situation. The homeless in america steal and rob each other on a regular daily basis, it's very violent to live on the streets in america. You have to guard for your life, and its almost impossible to sleep with all the chaos.

But you know what, when I travelled other countries and went to poorer areas, I was marveled and in awe how the poor help each other (brought tears of joy to my eyes), they form small communities so they are not on the streets, and they have just as little as the average homeless in america, but they are able to get by so much better with so much more support and kindness from their fellow men.

It's completely reversed, night and day.

United States of America my a$$ , there is nothing "United" about it at all. It's the most divided place I have ever seen, and it's gotten so much worse since the mid 1980's when I first arrived there as a child. It wasn't great then, and it's so much worse now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Z3Rd0rD_I

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 04:43 PM
Growing up as a kid in the 1980's, christians loved to say rock music is evil ... but isn't it funny how that music was 100% more truthful than christianity ?!!

90% of the US military are brainwashed bible believers , they even have churches on military bases all over the place. friend was in that horrific environment and told me all about it

Enjoy this song from 1986, includes the prophetic lyrics

Because there is nothing "heroic" about your soldiers, the truth is they are complete cowards in reality .. Their entire thought processes are worthless, useless, and completely "Disposable"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k16joH4lzWw

Americans in a nutshell

https://i.postimg.cc/CL7wqvBD/htre.jpg

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 05:30 PM
A Behind the scenes look at all the bigotry and hate that is within all your TV church pastors. And americans are so gullible to throw their life savings to those creeps. They claim to be "men of god" .. Here's another war mongering pastor for you claiming "america the great land of god", other videos he tells you to fight for it at all costs and go to war. LOL

america is total insanity personified .. George Carlin was 100% correct when he said: "They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9DH-o_kP-Q

tpols
06-07-2023, 07:07 PM
A Behind the scenes look at all the bigotry and hate that is within all your TV church pastors. And americans are so gullible to throw their life savings to those creeps. They claim to be "men of god" .. Here's another war mongering pastor for you claiming "america the great land of god", other videos he tells you to fight for it at all costs and go to war. LOL

america is total insanity personified .. George Carlin was 100% correct when he said: "They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9DH-o_kP-Q

Americans generally can be dumb and gullible and easy to control with fearmongering. Just give them a boogeyman to hate and be afraid of... communists, terrorists, COVID, whatever and they'll be on board for whatever the top level agenda is, which is never what they say it is plainly.

That being said it's pretty much impossible to be completely non-complicit in the suffering of others so long as you buy gas, clothes, shoes, or food so good luck being on the high horse.

ILLsmak
06-07-2023, 08:20 PM
Americans generally can be dumb and gullible and easy to control with fearmongering.

Yea I know I said this before, but I was just a young buck, not un-draftable, but close, when 9/11 happened, and it changed the way I saw everything. I went kind of schizo except... it's real. It just was like it occurred to me how something like that could have such a big impact on people's rational decision making, and how they could use it as an excuse to do whatever. Very scary moment. Everything came into my head like it does in those math prodigy movies, all sorts of situations, and realizing you could walk up to someone and try to talk sense into them and they could be like NO. And we've seen it get worse.

That being said, it does not at all take away from the absolute MEMES of LIV and PGA merging after all that shit. I'm so ded. RMWG was saying he didn't know about this, which surprises the shit out of me. If I was a PGA loyalist, I would demand some sort of compensation. Goes to show how full of shit they are. I mean, I knew they were full of shit, but it's rare, even in modern America, to see that level of "jk!" It's really pathetic, and I think I would walk away from the PGA if I was in it and adhered to their anti LIV talking points. Like if I were rory. It's just like... wow it's like that hehhh. Same with fans. A bunch of fans should be like yea nah, but they'd rather protest transvestite beers.

It's frankly embarrassing.

-Smak

Norcaliblunt
06-08-2023, 04:48 PM
Just think Jake Paul and boxing. Could any of you novice hoopers do what Jake did in boxing with basketball?

Or think Mayweather vs McGregor. Can you imagine a similar scenario in basketball?

Or just real ballers posting their games on YouTube. A real hardcore pick up game with shit talk miced could gain traction.

Add Saudi money and that’s the blueprint.

Jasper
06-08-2023, 07:50 PM
rory explains it more than anyone so far... Liv is not a merge ... its a financial direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLZnqeJoWg

ILLsmak
06-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Just think Jake Paul and boxing. Could any of you novice hoopers do what Jake did in boxing with basketball?

Or think Mayweather vs McGregor. Can you imagine a similar scenario in basketball?

Or just real ballers posting their games on YouTube. A real hardcore pick up game with shit talk miced could gain traction.

Add Saudi money and that’s the blueprint.

It would be tough. It would suck that YouTube would be the gateway. There is always gonna be a big sponsor. I'm sure there ARE people balling out on YouTube, if you look. You'd be amazed at the quality music I've found on there and it has like 200 views. lol. If you look hard enough, it's there, but to actually promote it and everything, I doubt it because Boxing is solo and, again, you need more than just a squad, you need equipment, you need medical, etc etc. Big time facilities. It could become something, but there have been 3v3 leagues that didn't (at least imo, they all seemed kinda wack) do that well. Hard to see... I mean, a person is a person. A person can get bought. Thus, solo things are a much smarter investment for a buy out. Buying out against the NBA seems kinda tough. Just like they couldn't buy out vs the PGA, but they could deplete them. The NBA can't be depleted because they'd need to build the framework for something similar, and it's not there. Opposed to, you know, a golf course, which, while cool, can be found many places.

Edit: also RE: the blueprint, that's why this is so shameful. This was the blue print, IMO. Their plan all along. PGA couldn't do shit but whine and revoke people's stuff, and after all that BS they put their guys thru, they still got scraped out. They were not prepared. They needed to have sponsor money to back them up and, while not match, they could have at least come close. They have 'home court advantage.' It was their own arrogance, so in a way, it's kind of funny, but it's also really sad to watch us get played (not these guys, but America.) I should have known they were gonna lose ( and knew it) when they started revoking people's shit. How much more of an asshole can you be?

-Smak

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 05:08 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2306230237270349.jpeg

Im Still Ballin
06-22-2023, 05:23 PM
Praise be to Allah!

highwhey
06-22-2023, 08:26 PM
wizards team security next season
https://www.newgamenetwork.com/images/uploads/gallery/InsurgencySandstorm/isandstorm_02.jpg

ILLsmak
06-22-2023, 09:57 PM
some people never bend the knee.

-Smak

highwhey
06-22-2023, 10:21 PM
some people never bend the knee.

-Smak

lay off the smak

- alan

CurryOverLebron
06-23-2023, 01:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y

hold this L
06-24-2023, 03:09 PM
Whose alt is the Heat_chips lunatic?

Kblaze8855
07-24-2023, 11:25 AM
They’re down to pay a soccer player a billion dollars(700 to him 300 to his current team) for one season KNOWING he’s leaving after the one year….

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307242053010371.png

Theyre just gonna own sports if leagues don’t ban it. Dolan says he will never sell but if they show up with 15 billion what could he do? The league might want him to take it just to up their values but…at some point…you can only sell to royalty. Who else has 10 billion for these teams?

SATAN
07-24-2023, 11:54 AM
Capitalism rules guys :bowdown:

Full Court
07-24-2023, 12:50 PM
Capitalism rules guys :bowdown:

^Bitch fit.

Kblaze8855
07-24-2023, 10:10 PM
So….the oil money just might get the stars if it’s on the table:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307250738280345.jpeg

Kblaze8855
07-24-2023, 10:10 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307250739440328.jpeg

Kblaze8855
07-24-2023, 10:12 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307250742020333.jpeg

Kblaze8855
07-24-2023, 10:13 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2307250742160349.jpeg

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2023, 10:23 PM
What do you think a prime Jordan or LeBron would fetch from them? $5 billion a season?

Norcaliblunt
07-25-2023, 12:33 AM
Get the Saudi’s to put up the money for a legit all star game. Miked up and uncensored.

Shit would get real, real quick.

90sgoat
07-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Players showing exactly what they are.

Whores that help sportswash the rulers of a country.

Kblaze8855
07-25-2023, 10:11 AM

Whores that help sportswash the rulers of a country.

Being paid by a government with blood on its hands just…kinda means you’re paid by a government. Just a matter of how they justify it isn’t it?

PeroAntic
07-25-2023, 10:33 AM
American ultracapitalist culture and Saudi infinite money growing from the sand coming together. What can go wrong lol?

FultzNationRISE
07-25-2023, 12:01 PM
Being paid by a government with blood on its hands just…kinda means you’re paid by a government. Just a matter of how they justify it isn’t it?

Bro Lebron was being ironic, he would never take money that conflicts with his commitment to social justice.

The rest of those greedy bastards were serious tho and are total hypocrites.

FultzNationRISE
07-25-2023, 12:28 PM
American ultracapitalist culture and Saudi infinite money growing from the sand coming together. What can go wrong lol?

You probably have league pass :roll:

90sgoat
07-25-2023, 12:40 PM

They're a murderous theocracy who want to become sportswashed like Dubai and Quatar.

The world is governed by people so infathomably rich that it beggars belief, but instead of feeding the poor in the Middle East so they don't emigrate to Europe, they'd rather spend that and much more on someone who is good at kicking a ball.

It's disgusting, but it gets more disgusting when you realize the same is true in the US and Europe, just less blatant.

Akeem34TheDream
07-25-2023, 12:59 PM
Saudis are rich because USA and other first world countries made them rich. It's ok for governments to do business with them but it is unethical for athletes to play for them? Ohh you don't want to make Saudis richer? Then stop using anything that requires oil. Which is pretty much everything. They often do waste their money like an idiot but its insignificant for them and they are desperate for diversification so they do silly infrastructure projects and purchases.

90sgoat
07-25-2023, 01:25 PM
Saudis are rich because USA and other first world countries made them rich. It's ok for governments to do business with them but it is unethical for athletes to play for them? Ohh you don't want to make Saudis richer? Then stop using anything that requires oil. Which is pretty much everything. They often do waste their money like an idiot but its insignificant for them and they are desperate for diversification so they do silly infrastructure projects and purchases.

You know who else has oil?

Russia and Iran.

I prefer both those countries over Saudi Arabia.

Hoopexpert
07-25-2023, 02:34 PM
I can see them getting into basketball at some point.

Just like how China pays ex-NBA players, saudi will be no different.

90sgoat
07-25-2023, 03:49 PM
I can see them getting into basketball at some point.

I actually can't.

Arabs are very racist.

Duderonomy
07-25-2023, 03:55 PM
This story seems bs 1bil to play soccer for season? It's probably money laundering. Is there even another soccer player making over $80 mil a season? Even the WWE was only getting paid $60 mil a show to look bad for taking SA $$$

Kblaze8855
07-25-2023, 04:13 PM
This story seems bs 1bil to play soccer for season? It's probably money laundering. Is there even another soccer player making over $80 mil a season? Even the WWE was only getting paid $60 mil a show to look bad for taking SA $$$

They’re paying Benzena like 100 million a year, Ronaldo 110 million and they offered Messi I think 500 million a season for 3 years.

ILLsmak
07-25-2023, 07:31 PM

Whores

I would just leave it there. They are now, though. That's our whole culture. It's going to change, tho, like I sed. It can't go on like this forever. People are gonna wake up. I still don't think the Saudis have the structure to do bball, but they could do an all star game as said, they could put up some money for like 1 on 1, all star, and give a bunch to the winner so dudes actually tried. That would be something worth watching, and they could probably even make a lot of the money back. It would be a good investment, but yeah... NBA isn't 'immune,' but it's gonna take a long time for Saudi to get the structure that the NBA has. There's a reason NBA is what it is. It's in decline, and they might need to change how they are doing things so that at some point dudes don't dip in their stuff, but if they do, it will be well deserved cuz they would be sleeping and the players would choose money over comp (which they already do, which we somehow need to stop praising.)

It's not even about the blood money, per se, because it's all gross out there. It's just about someone coming in and taking our stuff. It's like China bullying us in various ways. Not a good look. We need to make it stop. It's depressing lol.

Edit: dudes should take all the saudi money and go play for them all while taking the money and investing it in their military. hue hue hue. We def could use some of their change, but them just taking it from us is signaling to our population that our country is in decline. Which it is, but they don't need to rub it in our faces.

-Smak

90sgoat
07-25-2023, 07:33 PM
It's not even about the blood money, per se, because it's all gross out there. It's just about someone coming in and taking our stuff. It's like China bullying us in various ways. Not a good look. We need to make it stop. It's depressing lol.

-Smak

Yeah the US has been used to being able to buy everything, but now other countries are richer.

ILLsmak
07-25-2023, 07:40 PM
Yeah the US has been used to being able to buy everything, but now other countries are richer.

That's why we gotta stop playing ourselves and remember the true currency is military power and as we lose more and more of that, we are gonna just keep gettin shit on. "Sad."

-Smak

Norcaliblunt
07-25-2023, 07:41 PM
If they could come up with an interesting new format for basketball that would be cool. First to 100 points wins games. Real skill challenge tournaments like a 3 point shoot out for millions. One on one games for millions. They could introduce the 4 point shot. Anything but another generic standard basketball league.

PeroAntic
07-26-2023, 07:08 AM
You probably have league pass :roll:

No I don't. I don't even know whats the point youre trying to make. That Im poor? lol you think that I will be insulted by that? Typical dumb american capitalist logic. :oldlol:

SATAN
07-26-2023, 07:41 AM
No I don't. I don't even know whats the point youre trying to make. That Im poor? lol you think that I will be insulted by that? Typical dumb american capitalist logic. :oldlol:

He's such a capitalist!

PeroAntic
07-26-2023, 07:53 AM
He's such a capitalist!

Hes not, he just wishes to be. Like all the Elon Musk fanboys with their "youre too poor to pay 8 dollars for twitter check", too dumb to even understand when they are getting ****ed in the ass.

But yeah Im so ashamed for being poor. if only I had money so I could buy cool cars so that stupid women would want to have sex with me. wannabe capitalist life goals lmao

BurningHammer
07-26-2023, 09:21 AM

Saudi has been trying very hard to diversify its portfolio since oil business may not be as good as before anymore. That's oil money they want to invest in entertainment business.

90sgoat
07-26-2023, 09:46 AM
That's why we gotta stop playing ourselves and remember the true currency is military power and as we lose more and more of that, we are gonna just keep gettin shit on. "Sad."

-Smak

The true currency is culture and people don't want Hollywood anymore.

The last Hollywood movie I watched was Dune 2 and before that Blade Runner 2.

ILLsmak
07-26-2023, 03:06 PM
The true currency is culture and people don't want Hollywood anymore.

The last Hollywood movie I watched was Dune 2 and before that Blade Runner 2.

Our culture erodes and it has value but military power is first to me, even tho things like religion survived much persecution and book burning. I’m sure things, great works etc, were lost. You gotta be able to defend your stuff. They take your women and your culture right after they tap u out.

Hollywood was probably doomed from the start, a place where culture is made is a faulty set up. Def good movies but imagine how many women and ideas/great works were swallowed or corrupted by that monster.

-Smak

FultzNationRISE
07-26-2023, 03:15 PM
Hes not, he just wishes to be. Like all the Elon Musk fanboys with their "youre too poor to pay 8 dollars for twitter check", too dumb to even understand when they are getting ****ed in the ass.

But yeah Im so ashamed for being poor. if only I had money so I could buy cool cars so that stupid women would want to have sex with me. wannabe capitalist life goals lmao

:wtf:

Uhhh… Mental health check on aisle 6.

Put a rush on it.

Duderonomy
07-26-2023, 04:02 PM
Saudi has been trying very hard to diversify its portfolio since oil business may not be as good as before anymore. That's oil money they want to invest in entertainment business.

Inflation is a problem right now and what better way to erode confidence is to make it seem $$ seem worthless. NFTs and Paying a soccer player +800% what he's worth.

SA were buying western credibility with WWE and the PGA but even they can't lose $700 million on an athlete.

BurningHammer
07-26-2023, 07:11 PM
Inflation is a problem right now and what better way to erode confidence is to make it seem $$ seem worthless. NFTs and Paying a soccer player +800% what he's worth.

SA were buying western credibility with WWE and the PGA but even they can't lose $700 million on an athlete.

They did attempt to buy Kylian Mbappe out to play for one of their team for 1 billion euro a year. They already successfully lured Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kblaze8855
08-15-2023, 01:09 PM
The got Neymar for 2 years 325 million. He gave em a discount.

dankok8
08-16-2023, 02:51 PM
Well Saudi's are destroying soccer right now which has even more money than basketball so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

jlip
08-16-2023, 03:43 PM
I just saw something on FB regarding the Saudis allegedly offering Harden a huge deal. It might be just someone trolling though. I can't confirm it's accuracy at all.