PDA

View Full Version : Why do people keep saying Miami's 3 point shooting isn't "sustainable" ?

Heat_chips
06-06-2023, 08:05 PM
I don't get it, because over the last 20 games of the regular season the Heat shot 39% from 3 over those 20 games.. The 3 point shooting did not begin when the playoff bell rang, it happened 2 months before that in the final 2 months of the regular season. That is on top of the Heat being one of the best 3 point shooting teams last year as well.

People keep saying it "isn't sustainable" and they have been saying that for 4 months now... yet the Heat keep winning and doing it.

Add the fact that the Nuggets perimeter defense is atrocious and not nearly as good as the Bucks and Celtics perimeter defenses, and the Heat were able to beat them. If anything, that fact alone leans that it would be very sustainable, and in fact the Heat could have better shooting nights than they've had with so many more open looks and clear shots against the Nuggets porous sieve of a defense..

NBA analytics had the Heat with 19 MORE wide open looks in the 2 games vs the nuggets compared to any 2 games stretch in the entire playoffs before the finals over all those 3 series. The Heat have the best chances to score on them BY Far playing the nuggets , as the nuggets give the least resistance for those shots.

So how is it not sustainable ??

This list is for All NBA playoff teams and best 3 point shooting nights in the playoffs:

1. Miami
2. Miami
3. Miami
4. Miami
5. Milwaukee
6. Golden State
7. Miami (game 2 vs nuggets)
8. Philadelphia
9. Phoenix
10. Miami

I expect the Heat to supplant Golden State, Milwaukee and Phoenix on that list as the Finals go along.

Heat Culture = Great Sustainability !!

Heat_chips
06-06-2023, 08:09 PM
And what makes it even MORE sustainable is the Heat have so many guys that can shoot. It's not like some other teams that have a couple shooters and if they go cold they're screwed. The Heat have BOATLOADS of shooters, so if one is cold you can easily insert another shooter from the bench.

That fact also makes it very sustainable for another 12 days.

Other teams just don't have as many guys who can hit the 3 consistently as the Heat do.

SouBeachTalents
06-06-2023, 08:10 PM
https://media.tenor.com/qodHybEQktAAAAAC/dave-chapelle-speech.gif

Axe
06-06-2023, 08:16 PM
https://media.tenor.com/SSUg_-zG0CoAAAAC/get-out-leave.gif

Heat_chips
06-06-2023, 08:19 PM
The Heat just have too many guys that can shoot.

Caleb Martin is cold ? fine, we have Duncan Robinson. Duncan is cold ? fine, we have Gabe Vincent to shoot em in at a high clip. Vincent is cold ? Fine we have Lowry that can nail 3's in the 4th quarter as he's done many games in the playoffs. Lowry is cold ? Fine, we have Strus that can bang in four 3's in a row.. Strus is cold ? Fine, we have Kevin Love that can nail a few threes in a quarter. Love is cold ? fine we have Highsmith that can nail three 3's on 4 shots as he's done in the playoffs. Heck, Butler has been better at 3's in the playoffs compared to regular season for 2 years now.

And that doesn't even include Tyler Herro and other guys.

The Heat just have so many of them and you cant guard them all with the actions the Heat create on offense

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:23 AM
Sustainability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gJgt-twEg

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:39 AM
The Heat not only shoot 3's well but they do it best in 4th quarters when the pressure is on.

Heat point differential through 20 playoff games:

1st quarter: -1
2nd quarter: -11
3rd quarter: -12
4th quarter: +90

And back in the 2020 playoffs on the road to the NBA Finals, the Heat were:

1st quarter: -28
2nd quarter: -3
3rd quarter: -21
4th quarter: +94

Consistency under pressure. Heat are in great physical condition reflected by the fact they get better as the game goes along.

Heat_chips
06-07-2023, 01:53 AM
No lead is safe for the comeback kids Miami Heat:

When down by 20 points in the NBA playoffs:

46.2% 3pt% , 55.2% FG% overall

When down by 11 - 15 points:

46.3% 3pt% , 53% FG%

The Heat have won 4 playoff games after being down 15 or more points. Record for the rest of the NBA in the playoffs when down 15 points is 1-41

Moxy, fortitude, no quit attitude, mental strength, Heat Culture

Axe
06-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Has anybody seen op recently?

Jasper
06-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Has anybody seen op recently?

Game 4 starting back court scored 2 points

tpols
06-11-2023, 11:21 AM
No lead is safe for the comeback kids Miami Heat:

When down by 20 points in the NBA playoffs:

46.2% 3pt% , 55.2% FG% overall

When down by 11 - 15 points:

46.3% 3pt% , 53% FG%

The Heat have won 4 playoff games after being down 15 or more points. Record for the rest of the NBA in the playoffs when down 15 points is 1-41

Moxy, fortitude, no quit attitude, mental strength, Heat Culture

Yup... Dat moxy... Dat attitude...

Miami is 19/60 since you made this thread. Gabe Vincent and Duncan Robinson have been getting abused and physically bullied by AG. They're too small and too weak.

And that 19/60 is misleading since 2 of the 3s the Heat hit the other day were pure luck bank shots. Nobody banks 3s, but lowry got lucky. They're basically just heaving up prayers while Denver methodically picks them apart on the other end.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2023, 12:15 PM
Yup... Dat moxy... Dat attitude...

Miami is 19/60 since you made this thread. Gabe Vincent and Duncan Robinson have been getting abused and physically bullied by AG. They're too small and too weak.

And that 19/60 is misleading since 2 of the 3s the Heat hit the other day were pure luck bank shots. Nobody banks 3s, but lowry got lucky. They're basically just heaving up prayers while Denver methodically picks them apart on the other end.

Let me find out youre still betting on them to win each game

:crazysam:

BarberSchool
06-11-2023, 05:38 PM
Denver has been staying at home on Strus, Martin, and Robinson all game in games 3&4.

Lots of solo coverage on both Jimmy and Bam with a nice enticing cushion, daring Jimmy and Bam to take as many midrange shots as they want. But not to double off Strus/Martin/Robinson under almost any circumstances.

Denver staff is content that their own team efficiency and points per possession, over the course of 48 minutes, will comfortably best whatever overall efficiency and points per possession Jimmy and Bam can produce against single coverage from midrange.

It’s clearly a winning strategy.

Axe
06-11-2023, 05:57 PM
Game 4 starting back court scored 2 points
Lol.

j3lademaster
06-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Sustainability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gJgt-twEgLiterally any NBA player looks like that doing drills.

tontoz
06-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Literally any NBA player looks like that doing drills.

Yeah shooting one shot after another isn't realistic. I remember years ago my boss said he could beat me and my buddy in a 3 pt shooting contest. I laughed and he wasn't amused.

So me and my friend tested our 3 pt shooting taking 10 in a row 3 times. I made 29 of 30 from the college 3 which surprised me. when someone is passing it back to you it is easy to get into a.groove.