PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen bdonovan?

FultzNationRISE
06-07-2023, 11:18 PM
He showed up in the Game 2 thread only after Miami regained the lead late, proceeding to somehow pin the blame on Jokic for dropping 41 on 16/28 in the loss.

But was conspicuously absent from start to finish in the Game 3 thread, where Jokic dropped 32/20/10 in a dominant win.

If anyone has any info on his whereabouts, please contact a board admin or moderator.

tontoz
06-07-2023, 11:22 PM
Don't worry I've found him. He's ok he's just ....

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20230607-232024.jpg

Im Still Ballin
06-07-2023, 11:23 PM
It was actually 21 rebounds.

SouBeachTalents
06-07-2023, 11:38 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BoringDependentAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Axe
06-08-2023, 02:44 AM
Tbf, he's a lot more active when the warriors are playing. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2023, 04:32 AM
Where is he?

Overdrive
06-08-2023, 05:51 AM
Where is he?

He's binge watching youtube videos to present us his superficial takes as some sort of deep basketball knowledge. He'll be back tomorrow and make a threat why this was a fluke win by the Nuggets.

Chuckbe
06-08-2023, 06:06 AM
And ImKobe

FultzNationRISE
06-08-2023, 07:45 AM
And BigShotBob

BallsOut
06-08-2023, 07:48 AM
Where is he?

Hiding back in his hole from the ass whupping in this thread

:lebronamazed:

FultzNationRISE
06-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Just saw him.

I expect a thread soon about how Jokic isnt the best player on his team because Murray finished with two more points last night.

BallsOut
06-10-2023, 12:10 PM
bdonovan turned into bgonavan after game 3 :lol

ILLsmak
06-10-2023, 05:35 PM
It takes a true fan to believe. Im glad I don’t anymore, but knowing how emotionally devastating it is to actually ride w a team, u should not kick ppl when their undermanned team is getn rekt no matter what they said.

Fulzie I feel like the time lapse between gms is getting to u haha.

-Smak

tpols
06-10-2023, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't levied an attack on Jimmy butlers lack of shooting or passing skill. Or Tatums sheepishness under pressure.

Yea.... Durant and Jokic suck. Nobody else has any weakness worth pointing out.

bdonovan
06-11-2023, 07:30 AM
I haven't been watching because I am on an odd time zone which forces me to wake up at 4 AM to watch the games.

Twice I got up to watch the finals and went back to sleep because it was boring. For several reasons:

- The Heat are outmatched. Game 2 was a fluke (perhaps ref influenced) to keep the series "interesting" but they cannot hang with this Nuggets team. It is imbalanced. Butler's star faded either because of the injury or the bright lights.

- The Nuggets are a great team in boring fashion. They remind me of a skilled European ball club that emphasizes team play over individual ability; they are efficient but it's hard to get excited about the way they play.

- Jokic while being an exceptional player has a dull style; he uses his size and precision to score, but there are no impressive moves in terms of footwork or finesse. He is efficient without the flair. I'm sure the Jokic fans will seize on this as "dissing Jokic", sensitive as they are about anything resembling criticism, but it is what it is.

This Finals feels like a set of regular season games.

Whatever I've seen of the games I'm impressed by the Nuggets and how they play. Particularly the way they attacked the zone and effectively melted it by player/ball movement, and then attacking the basket, disrupting the zone and having Heat scramble trying to figure out their assignments.

From a strategic point of view, I can appreciate it, but I'm not getting up at 4 in the morning for this, I'm sorry.

ShawkFactory
06-11-2023, 02:57 PM
I haven't been watching because I am on an odd time zone which forces me to wake up at 4 AM to watch the games.

Twice I got up to watch the finals and went back to sleep because it was boring. For several reasons:

- The Heat are outmatched. Game 2 was a fluke (perhaps ref influenced) to keep the series "interesting" but they cannot hang with this Nuggets team. It is imbalanced. Butler's star faded either because of the injury or the bright lights.

- The Nuggets are a great team in boring fashion. They remind me of a skilled European ball club that emphasizes team play over individual ability; they are efficient but it's hard to get excited about the way they play.

- Jokic while being an exceptional player has a dull style; he uses his size and precision to score, but there are no impressive moves in terms of footwork or finesse. He is efficient without the flair. I'm sure the Jokic fans will seize on this as "dissing Jokic", sensitive as they are about anything resembling criticism, but it is what it is.

Whatever I've seen of the games I'm impressed by the Nuggets and how they play. Particularly the way they attacked the zone and effectively melted it by player/ball movement, and then attacking the basket, disrupting the zone and having Heat scramble trying to figure out their assignments.

From a strategic point of view, I can appreciate it, but I'm not getting up at 4 in the morning for this, I'm sorry.

You watching or not watching the series was never in question.

Your takes on the “solid” player within the series is.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2023, 03:05 PM
You watching or not watching the series was never in question.

Your takes on the “solid” player within the series is.

Well he did watch Game 2, that much we know. Because he popped into the game thread as soon as the Heat took a secure lead, and proceeded to tell us it was because Jokic cant win as a scorer.

But yeah, he seems to avoid the board whenever the Nuggets are successful.

Not that I'm complaining.

NBAGOAT
06-12-2023, 12:01 AM

You’re just unhappy someone can challenge steph and possibly surpass him for best offensive player of this era :lol. That bias gets rid of any credibility. The large majority of serious fans find jokic fun to watch and his precision is absolutely impressive. Next you’re going tell me Dirk isn’t impressive because “he didn’t have any moves” when he did and it’s his shotmaking like jokics that’s impressive.

Jokic is mostly why the nuggets play so well as a team. Talent is certainly good but Murray and porter are chuckers on most teams and no one was praising Gordon or kcp as high iq guys on their previous teams. Mike malone at least according to nuggets fans is a mediocre coach and hasn’t in any season been able to get Denver’s bench to play competently even with decent talent.

Jokics also mostly why denver crushes Miami’s zone which has been effective against every other team they’ve faced in the playoffs. Boston had well rounded talented players at every position and couldn’t figure it out

Axe
06-12-2023, 12:15 AM

But if the warriors were playing again in the finals rn, you would be up watching the games. No?

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 06:07 AM
Well he did watch Game 2, that much we know. Because he popped into the game thread as soon as the Heat took a secure lead, and proceeded to tell us it was because Jokic cant win as a scorer.

But yeah, he seems to avoid the board whenever the Nuggets are successful.

Not that I'm complaining.

I referenced a stat that showed the Nuggets were 0-4 when Jokic scored over 40 points and gave a detailed reason why that was, owing to how that affects team dynamics. Steve Kerr, coach of the Warriors, made the same observation I did when he pointed out the Heat's strategy was to make Jokic a scorer.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 06:15 AM
You’re just unhappy someone can challenge steph and possibly surpass him for best offensive player of this era :lol. That bias gets rid of any credibility. The large majority of serious fans find jokic fun to watch and his precision is absolutely impressive. Next you’re going tell me Dirk isn’t impressive because “he didn’t have any moves” when he did and it’s his shotmaking like jokics that’s impressive.

Jokic is mostly why the nuggets play so well as a team. Talent is certainly good but Murray and porter are chuckers on most teams and no one was praising Gordon or kcp as high iq guys on their previous teams. Mike malone at least according to nuggets fans is a mediocre coach and hasn’t in any season been able to get Denver’s bench to play competently even with decent talent.

Jokics also mostly why denver crushes Miami’s zone which has been effective against every other team they’ve faced in the playoffs. Boston had well rounded talented players at every position and couldn’t figure it out

Malone is a brilliant coach; and gets the most out of an ok but not stellar Nuggets supporting cast. He was an assistant coach on the Warriors and known for his smarts and defensive shrewdness. Game 3 was a good example of Malone adapting to dismantle the Heat's zone defense which was effective in Game 2, which involved player/ball movement as a team.

If I'm so biased towards Curry, why do I also praise LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi, and many others?

As for Jokic, like I said he is a great player. But to Jokic fans, no praise is ever too much so I even though I find much to like about his game (even if I don't enjoy watching his style or the Nuggets), I won't say more less you get a thick head. Jokic has proved something in these finals but I'll say no further as every compliment to Jokic is just stroking your fragile ego.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 06:19 AM
But if the warriors were playing again in the finals rn, you would be up watching the games. No?

Yes, if nothing else, just to watch Draymond deck Jordan Poole again, this time in front of a live audience. I really wonder if you can get a technical from the refs mid-game for KO'ing a teammate?

Other teams I might wake up at 4 AM to see: 76ers, Lakers, Grizzlies.

Overdrive
06-12-2023, 06:23 AM
Yes, if nothing else, just to watch Draymond deck Jordan Poole again, this time in front of a live audience. I really wonder if you can get a technical from the refs mid-game for KO'ing a teammate?

Other teams I might wake up at 4 AM to see: 76ers, Lakers, Grizzlies.

You know, you can turn off the score and watch the finals later.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 06:52 AM
You know, you can turn off the score and watch the finals later.

It's no fun that way. Besides I watch on NBA.com so when I click to watch there's basically no way of me clicking to start the stream without seeing the score first.

Overdrive
06-12-2023, 08:13 AM
It's no fun that way. Besides I watch on NBA.com so when I click to watch there's basically no way of me clicking to start the stream without seeing the score first.

You can turn off the score. Cookies exist.

NBAGOAT
06-12-2023, 09:03 AM
Malone is a brilliant coach; and gets the most out of an ok but not stellar Nuggets supporting cast. He was an assistant coach on the Warriors and known for his smarts and defensive shrewdness. Game 3 was a good example of Malone adapting to dismantle the Heat's zone defense which was effective in Game 2, which involved player/ball movement as a team.

If I'm so biased towards Curry, why do I also praise LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi, and many others?

As for Jokic, like I said he is a great player. But to Jokic fans, no praise is ever too much so I even though I find much to like about his game (even if I don't enjoy watching his style or the Nuggets), I won't say more less you get a thick head. Jokic has proved something in these finals but I'll say no further as every compliment to Jokic is just stroking your fragile ego.

i havent seen much praise from you for those guys. It exists i'm sure but it's not common from you. I'm not a jokic stan even but your bias was pretty obvious after game 2

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2023, 09:51 AM
i havent seen much praise from you for those guys. It exists i'm sure but it's not common from you. I'm not a jokic stan even but your bias was pretty obvious after game 2

Yeah, the guy resents Jokic because he’s white, and resents white people rooting for a white player.

Nevermind that white people have been fawning over Lebron, Kobe, MJ etc for years. But the only reason they could like watching a guy now smash all-time records practically every time he plays is bC hEs WhiTe & ItS rAcisT, heS n0t eVeN tHaT g00D!!!!

Dude has a DEVASING inferiority complex. Always seeing ghosts and blaming the pale boogieman for holding him down. It’s a massive cope for personal inadequacy. Now he’s using Jokic’s success and popularity to prove the boogieman’s existence.

Deranged fvck.

tpols
06-12-2023, 11:18 AM
And I don't get how a warrior fan couldn't like Jokic and the Nuggets style. I'm a fan of both and they play similar extremely high level chess offense with a lot of ball movement and high IQ extra pass plays. Steph Curry outside 2016 when he was making it rain with 40 footers isn't anymore exciting the Yolk. Jokic offensive bag is unlimited and his passing IQ is so genius he can dime like Curry and Dray combined as a center.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 11:20 AM
Yeah, the guy resents Jokic because he’s white, and resents white people rooting for a white player.

Nevermind that white people have been fawning over Lebron, Kobe, MJ etc for years. But the only reason they could like watching a guy now smash all-time records practically every time he plays is bC hEs WhiTe & ItS rAcisT, heS n0t eVeN tHaT g00D!!!!

Dude has a DEVASING inferiority complex. Always seeing ghosts and blaming the pale boogieman for holding him down. It’s a massive cope for personal inadequacy. Now he’s using Jokic’s success and popularity to prove the boogieman’s existence.

Deranged fvck.

Relax.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Wait... so he couldn't watch Game 3 or Game 4 but was lit up during Game 2?

That's a wierd coincidence.

No I saw Games 1 and 2 and then gave up. Game 2 wasn't super-exciting either; perhaps people are reacting to the analyses I posted from Thinking Basketball which I found interesting.

tpols
06-12-2023, 11:25 AM
No I saw Games 1 and 2 and then gave up. Game 2 wasn't super-exciting either; perhaps people are reacting to the analyses I posted from Thinking Basketball which I found interesting.

You were obviously hyped about Miamis chances after Game 2. We're posting threads immediately how Miami "figured Jokic out" and acting like they could win going forward. But whatever... it's like how MasktheEmbiid said Heat would win 4-1 and now is acting like Denver beat a lowly nobody 8 seed. Yall are flip flopping.

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 12:26 PM
You were obviously hyped about Miamis chances after Game 2. We're posting threads immediately how Miami "figured Jokic out" and acting like they could win going forward. But whatever... it's like how MasktheEmbiid said Heat would win 4-1 and now is acting like Denver beat a lowly nobody 8 seed. Yall are flip flopping.

That's usually not my style to hype anything. I made two posts after Game 2: one was a video that explained the Heat's zone defense in Game 2 from Thinking Basketball (a source I recommend) and an observation that the Nuggets lose when they concentrate scoring in one player (Jokic) based on stats. In both cases, I was observing the strategies of the game - not hyping any particular team. Nor did I ever predict the Heat.

warriorfan
06-12-2023, 12:29 PM
people on this forum cry it’s all about kobe / jordan / lebron and as soon as someone else posts on other things people cry anyways

amazing :lol

bdonovan
06-12-2023, 01:58 PM
people on this forum cry it’s all about kobe / jordan / lebron and as soon as someone else posts on other things people cry anyways

amazing :lol

True. Even during playoff days not involving Lakers, half the threads about whether LeBron is overrated or the GOAT.