PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst performance ever for a #3 option on finals history?

Carbine
06-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Porter Jr is averaging a staggering 7ppg on 25 percent shooting and has 1 assist total in three games.

It's a good thing Jokic is playing like a 7 foot Bird at his peak and Jamal Murray is playing like '01 Kobe on offense or else this would get Porter shipped out of town this off season

FultzNationRISE
06-08-2023, 09:44 PM
Bro have you ever heard of Chris Bosh and Kevin Love? :roll:

BallsOut
06-08-2023, 09:45 PM
This is actually great news for the Nuggets. Drive mpj stock down so teams won’t give him the house come free agency, so he hopefully accepts deal to stay with the Nuggets. They don’t even need him to do any better right now to win these games

Carbine
06-08-2023, 09:49 PM
Isn't Porter Jr under contract at around $40 a year until '27?

BallsOut
06-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Isn't Porter Jr under contract at around $40 a year until '27?

30 mill a year

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2023, 09:51 PM
I bet he'll end up having a better Finals than Love in 2016.

Mask the Embiid
06-08-2023, 11:49 PM
Lucky for them they are playing against a 8th seeded play-in team in the Finals who are missing their 2nd best scorer. Or they’d actually have to be worried about this. Also, the 2nd option for the nuggets is a 50/40/90 guy who averages 30 ppg in the playoffs. So mpj being in a slump, ain’t such a big deal with all those factors going for you. Hats off to the nuggets though. They are taking advantage of the schedule they have in the playoffs this year.

Im Still Ballin
06-09-2023, 12:27 AM
Lucky for them they are playing against a 8th seeded play-in team in the Finals who are missing their 2nd best scorer. Or they’d actually have to be worried about this. Also, the 2nd option for the nuggets is a 50/40/90 guy who averages 30 ppg in the playoffs. So mpj being in a slump, ain’t such a big deal with all those factors going for you. Hats off to the nuggets though. They are taking advantage of the schedule they have in the playoffs this year.

Bro! Come on!

ShawkFactory
06-09-2023, 01:10 AM

This is so embarrassing :lol

Sportal
06-09-2023, 02:06 AM
Weird... Did they have that player to beat the team that flogged the 76ers?

Overdrive
06-09-2023, 03:25 AM

Why didn't the 76ers take advantage?

90sgoat
06-09-2023, 04:38 AM

Yep, Kevin Love is keeping Heat in the series with his stellar defense.

BarberSchool
06-09-2023, 07:40 AM
Porter Jr is due for a splozion.

ILLsmak
06-09-2023, 09:58 AM

yea, well, I'm not gonna get into the probron narrative ha, but you def got to take into account how good the actual 3rd option is supposed to be.

MJP an all star, all rookie... MIP... anything? His basketball reference page has his jersey and that's all. haha. At least it's hanging somewhere!

Plus he's young. I ain't mad. I think he's a talent for sure tho. Not everyone can shine at once. He's def broke, but I mean unless you think 1 shot attempt matters, I'd say the 3rd option atm is Gordon.

-Smak

jayfan
06-09-2023, 10:23 AM

The 8th seed play-in team without it's 2nd best scorer beat both the Bucks & Celtics, which were considered the two best teams in the league when the playoffs began.

tpols
06-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Yea he's been trash on offense. Rebounding and defense pretty good. Gets so many good looks and opportunities and just bricks everything. Has no bag either. With how defenders rush to close out on him he should be able to pump fake and then put the ball on the ground with wide open space in front of him to do whatever.

BarberSchool
06-09-2023, 11:42 AM
^If he has any bag of tricks, he certainly isn’t confident enough to apply them in game situations he should (like you said, over aggressive close outs)

I wonder if his veganism isn’t in some contributory way to blame for both injury history / slow healing, and his seemingly low cognitive function / poor decision making….

ShawkFactory
06-09-2023, 12:29 PM
^If he has any bag of tricks, he certainly isn’t confident enough to apply them in game situations he should (like you said, over aggressive close outs)

I wonder if his veganism isn’t in some contributory way to blame for both injury history / slow healing, and his seemingly low cognitive function / poor decision making….

:lol

Probably not the veganism.

NBAGOAT
06-09-2023, 12:32 PM
Yea it’s down there but it matters less since Gordon is their 3rd best player. Like klay having bad series didn’t matter as much when dray was their 3rd best player behind curry/kd

tpols
06-09-2023, 12:45 PM

It's wierd because MPJ was a big time lotto pick who could definitely put the ball on the ground, pivot, pump, score etc. coming up but now he's shy to do any creation of his own.

And then you have undrafted guys like Austin Reaves who was a nobody but he apparently has the confidence to bust out all types of moves outside being just a spot up shooter.

Even that rookie Braun guy has more confidence and more of a bag.

https://youtu.be/FcZ1B4QjhE0

Jasper
06-09-2023, 07:07 PM
I said this before if Porter gets out of this slump ... Miami is in big shlt trouble

FultzNationRISE
06-09-2023, 08:23 PM
It's wierd because MPJ was a big time lotto pick who could definitely put the ball on the ground, pivot, pump, score etc. coming up but now he's shy to do any creation of his own.

And then you have undrafted guys like Austin Reaves who was a nobody but he apparently has the confidence to bust out all types of moves outside being just a spot up shooter.

Even that rookie Braun guy has more confidence and more of a bag.

Lol, Braun has no offensive bag whatsoever. He's just super athletic and plays hard af. Which is fine for his age and the role he's in right now. But it's also a lot easier to sustain that when you average 12 minutes per game.

kawhileonard2
06-09-2023, 09:56 PM

Looks like Lebron James. He was 3rd in scoring https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-finals-mavericks-vs-heat.html

ILLsmak
06-09-2023, 11:25 PM
I said this before if Porter gets out of this slump ... Miami is in big shlt trouble

I’d say it prol doesn’t matter. Like I said comin in as a college fan, there are just gaps that are too large (tho in a single game anything can happen.) Miami gets mad props for what they did, but they are so ridiculously over matched. Mia got one at least.

Can’t take that from me - stack bundles.

-Smak

theman93
06-09-2023, 11:54 PM
So bad he's not even considered their 3rd best option anymore lol :roll: