PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo Anthony a top 75 player?

HighFlyer23
06-12-2023, 09:44 PM
This ***** is straight garbage

Shit defense, can't pass, mediocre rebounding, low iq, inefficient, ineffective, consistently fails in the playoffs, advance stats expose this fraud

But some how has the title of "scorer"

Anyone with as many FGA as this loser can score

Why is this ****** on the top 75 list while Vince, Mac, and Howard have been omitted?

SouBeachTalents
06-12-2023, 09:52 PM
Strictly resume wise, it'd be difficult to leave a 6x All-NBA & 10x all-star player off the 75th team. But just basketball ability, not even close :lol

Also, it's still crazy to me Dwight & McGrady didn't make it.

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2023, 09:56 PM
Melo being above Dwight on any list tells you everything you need to know about how the typical fan, media member, former player, or whoever voted on that particular list thinks.

And it isnt good.

HylianNightmare
06-12-2023, 10:03 PM
No

HighFlyer23
06-12-2023, 10:16 PM
Strictly resume wise, it'd be difficult to leave a 6x All-NBA & 10x all-star player off the 75th team. But just basketball ability, not even close :lol

I have no clue how he made those all NBA's when there were a ton of great forwards playing during that time.

All star selection can be excused because of casuals and kids

Every team he's been a part of hes destroyed or sabotaged. Look at what happened to Lin with this jealous bitch ass ***** around. He also is the biggest ***** in the NBA sucker punching ****ing loser

iamgine
06-12-2023, 10:16 PM
I don't agree with him in top 75 but Melo's not bad. To me he's around Paul Pierce level.

HighFlyer23
06-12-2023, 10:17 PM
I don't agree with him in top 75 but Melo's not bad. To me he's around Paul Pierce level.

Pierce is clutch and has a ring

Melo is a black hole high usage high FGA but shit percentages in comparison and low impact

Full Court
06-13-2023, 07:13 AM
But Carmelo is top ten in career points. According to Bronie fluffers, total career points is the only thing that matters, making Carmelo a top ten player of all time.

John8204
06-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Yes....he's the only player in the NBA with 3 Gold Medals and a Bronze, top 10 in scoring with all-star runs on two franchises. To me he's top 60 I'd rank him over a statline padder (Westbrook), a third option (Allen), and a charmin big (Davis)

Jasper
06-13-2023, 09:39 AM

Truth ,, passed , rebounded and was a pretty good defender in his day.
Melo dreamt about doing a PP.

pandiani17
06-13-2023, 12:07 PM

:oldlol:

Kblaze8855
06-13-2023, 12:56 PM
Probably. You can start knocking people off well before getting to him. He’s not even the “worst” of his type on the list. Pistol Pete’s entire legacy is built off 51 shot 20 free throw 60 point games in college his team lost while somehow having 3 total assists. Dude never even made an ncaa tournament. He just gunned away because his dad was the coach. He comes to the nba where he plays with 3-4 recent all stars 2 of which I believe are in the hall of fame. They were in the conference finals a month before drafting him then missed the playoff with him.

He only made I believe 4 playoffs and lost in the first round in all of them other than playing 5 minutes off the bench for Birds Celtics.

He also had a reputation as an all time bad defender, his teammates didn’t care for him, coaches openly mocked him, and they couldn’t find a trade partner till his college area got a team and needed him to sell tickets. He was a 4-5 time all star in 10ish years and never did anything that matters on any level of basketball.

He loses his spot way before Melo. So does Dave Bing. Maybe Lanier too. They played together for most of a decade and didn’t win a single series. Nique didn’t do anything Melo didn’t he just jumped higher while doing it. Dame vs Melo isn’t a blowout. And if we wanna go straight “Yea…but how good at basketball is he?” you gotta eliminate a lot of those really old guys.

You aren’t taking Bill Sharman or Dolph Schayes over Melo for a basketball game you need to win.

So really it comes down to….what are we talking about? You can add some of the people you’re all mentioning and get rid of way less deserving people than Melo. I think George Gervin won 2 playoff series even counting the ABA.

Melo wouldn’t be among first to go if you went by accolades, wins, or basketball.

1987_Lakers
06-13-2023, 01:03 PM

lmao at the new avatar.

John8204
06-13-2023, 02:18 PM
Probably. You can start knocking people off well before getting to him. He’s not even the “worst” of his type on the list. Pistol Pete’s entire legacy is built off 51 shot 20 free throw 60 point games in college his team lost while somehow having 3 total assists. Dude never even made an ncaa tournament. He just gunned away because his dad was the coach. He comes to the nba where he plays with 3-4 recent all stars 2 of which I believe are in the hall of fame. They were in the conference finals a month before drafting him then missed the playoff with him.

He only made I believe 4 playoffs and lost in the first round in all of them other than playing 5 minutes off the bench for Birds Celtics.

He also had a reputation as an all time bad defender, his teammates didn’t care for him, coaches openly mocked him, and they couldn’t find a trade partner till his college area got a team and needed him to sell tickets. He was a 4-5 time all star in 10ish years and never did anything that matters on any level of basketball.

He loses his spot way before Melo. So does Dave Bing. Maybe Lanier too. They played together for most of a decade and didn’t win a single series. Nique didn’t do anything Melo didn’t he just jumped higher while doing it. Dame vs Melo isn’t a blowout. And if we wanna go straight “Yea…but how good at basketball is he?” you gotta eliminate a lot of those really old guys.

You aren’t taking Bill Sharman or Dolph Schayes over Melo for a basketball game you need to win.

So really it comes down to….what are we talking about? You can add some of the people you’re all mentioning and get rid of way less deserving people than Melo. I think George Gervin won 2 playoff series even counting the ABA.

Melo wouldn’t be among first to go if you went by accolades, wins, or basketball.

1. Gervin didn't really play in an 8 team playoff series era he was in the 4 and 6 team and he won 3 playoff series.

2. Lanier isn't on the top 75 list

3. Pete was the first true SG to have a 30 PPG season, though now we consider Jerry West a SG, but for a time it was just Tiny, Oscar, West, and Pete who put up 30 at guard

4. Schayes I would take over Melo...
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/schaydo01.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jokicni01.html

If they counted assists the way they do now...Schayes is basically Jokic

Smook A.
06-13-2023, 02:31 PM
He is top 75 but in that bottom tier. Fans and players overrate him because his game was aesthetically-pleasing and he was an elite scorer for a long time. Besides scoring, every other part of his game was below-average.

Kblaze8855
06-13-2023, 03:05 PM
In my head Lanier is in there because he had a section in an nba at 50 book I had in the 90s. Probably an honorable mention thing. Though now looking at it a lot more of those guys didn’t really win much before joining previously successful teams.

Melo is a middle of the road winner by HOF standards with the accolades to get him a bit higher than that.

John8204
06-13-2023, 04:07 PM
In my head Lanier is in there because he had a section in an nba at 50 book I had in the 90s. Probably an honorable mention thing. Though now looking at it a lot more of those guys didn’t really win much before joining previously successful teams.

Melo is a middle of the road winner by HOF standards with the accolades to get him a bit higher than that.

I think the post career stuff bumped a number of guys in and Lanier was a guy that got dropped. Dave Bing getting in over Adrian Dantley and Bob Lanier I think had more to do with him being a mayor and helping post career with pensions or something.

Xiao Yao You
06-13-2023, 04:41 PM
I think the post career stuff bumped a number of guys in and Lanier was a guy that got dropped. Dave Bing getting in over Adrian Dantley and Bob Lanier I think had more to do with him being a mayor and helping post career with pensions or something.

Dominique or Wilkens over AD or English is laughable. They had the hype. The numbers tell a different story though