PDA

View Full Version : Let's compare Horace to other 3rd and 4th options at the time

3ba11
06-15-2023, 12:47 AM
AGUIRRE'................. 5x all-star
LAIMBEER................ 3x all-star
RODMAN.................. 2x all-star and 2x DPOY

NANCE..................... 3x all-star and 3x all-defense

MAJERLE.................. 3x all-star and 3x all-defense
DUMAS..................... a bad-ass

VLADE...................... HOF

BUCK WILLIAMS........ 3x all-star and 4x all-defense
DUCKWORTH'............ 2x all-star

OAKLEY..................... 1x all-star and 2x all-defense and 1x rebounding champ
X-MAN...................... 1x all-star and crushed Pip in 92' PO.. 22 ppg from 87-90.. 25 vs 87' Lakers

Horace averaged 12/9 during his time with Jordan and the only reason this was "just what the Bulls needed" was because MJ could drag that crap to titles.

Otherwise, Horace would be "just another guy" on another team like his brother Harvey Grant - many people are unaware that Horace had a brother Harvey because Harvey never played with MJ.

SATAN
06-15-2023, 12:59 AM
Oh wow I wonder why Horace didn't have more PPGZ...

:facepalm

97 bulls
06-15-2023, 06:35 AM
Oh wow I wonder why Horace didn't have more PPGZ...

:facepalm

It's right? Horace Grant wasn't asked to score a bunch of points. He was there for defense and rebounding. You'd think we'd get more from basketball fans. Alot of these guys just don't seem to know the game.

DocSlam
06-15-2023, 06:48 AM
The Tristan Thompson of his day. You need one of those guys on your team.

Lebron23
06-15-2023, 07:12 AM
Horace Grant beat Jordan and the Bulls in the 1995 Nba playoffs

HoopsNY
06-15-2023, 07:34 AM
It's right? Horace Grant wasn't asked to score a bunch of points. He was there for defense and rebounding. You'd think we'd get more from basketball fans. Alot of these guys just don't seem to know the game.

I doubt he would have scored much more. In 1994, his peak year, he averaged 15.1 PPG. That was really his ceiling offensively because he couldn't create his own shot. Grant was a mid-range jump shooter really who was also great on with the offensive rebounds.

HoopsNY
06-15-2023, 07:35 AM
The Tristan Thompson of his day. You need one of those guys on your team.

Pretty good comparison. I'd say Thompson had a better post game while Grant was a better shooter.

ShawkFactory
06-15-2023, 07:38 AM
Damn, you’ve shit on Pippen enough and finally decided to go at another of Jordan’s teammates.

Kudos for switching it up I guess.

NBAGOAT
06-15-2023, 07:43 AM
You have to list only their accomplishments when they were 3rd options. Half of these guys weren’t all star lvl when they were 3rd options. Also hilarious you’ll list Rodmans resume in this context but will shit on his lack of scoring when he’s on the Bulls. Don’t give me the he was past his prime with the bulls even though it’s true because you didn’t use that context here

basketballcat
06-15-2023, 08:11 AM
The GOAT has 11 rings in 13 seasons.

RogueBorg
06-15-2023, 08:48 AM
many people are unaware that Horace had a brother Harvey because Harvey never played with MJ.

Absolutely true statement. A twin brother in fact.

97 bulls
06-15-2023, 09:49 AM
Absolutely true statement. A twin brother in fact.

Lol. Its not because he never played with MJ. It's because he never won. SMH

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2023, 10:26 AM
Horace was a much better off-ball playmaker

RogueBorg
06-15-2023, 11:06 AM
Lol. Its not because he never played with MJ. It's because he never won. SMH

That's exactly the point. If you had swapped out Harvey and Horace in the 90's it would be Harvey's name everyone knew, not Horace's. So to 3ball's point, because he didn't play with MJ no one knew him. Are you dense?

RogueBorg
06-15-2023, 11:09 AM
Horace was a much better off-ball playmaker

LOL ok.

3ba11
06-15-2023, 06:04 PM
He was there for defense and rebounding

^^^ sounds like a 5th or 6th option - every 3rd option on a contending team was a scorer and/or multiple-time all-star (see the OP), while Horace was more like the 5th or 6th option on contending teams.

Btw, I omitted 3rd option Anthony Mason from the OP - he was All-NBA and All-Defense.

The only reason Horace and Pippen's role play is considered "just what MJ needed" is because MJ could drag that crap to titles.. If their low production was on a losing team, they would be "just another guy"... The winning spotlight simply inflated their role play to all-time status and media accolade, especially Pippen, who is the most overrated player of all-time - no one was boosted by the winning spotlight more

Full Court
06-15-2023, 07:56 PM
The Heat's third option this finals was Duncan freaking Robinson. :lol

NBAGOAT
06-15-2023, 10:57 PM
^^^ sounds like a 5th or 6th option - every 3rd option on a contending team was a scorer and/or multiple-time all-star (see the OP), while Horace was more like the 5th or 6th option on contending teams.

Btw, I omitted 3rd option Anthony Mason from the OP - he was All-NBA and All-Defense.

The only reason Horace and Pippen's role play is considered "just what MJ needed" is because MJ could drag that crap to titles.. If their low production was on a losing team, they would be "just another guy"... The winning spotlight simply inflated their role play to all-time status and media accolade, especially Pippen, who is the most overrated player of all-time - no one was boosted by the winning spotlight more

You also omitted Horace was an all star who made 4 all-defense teams lol. List the ppg of all these 3rd option “scorers” on 90s teams. No most contenders did not have 3 scoring options post showtime and Celtics

RRR3
06-15-2023, 11:02 PM
Can’t believe I saw Tristan Thompson compared to Horace Grant itt. Ish encourages 3ball because the rest of you aren’t much smarter about basketball, with a few exceptions of course.

SATAN
06-15-2023, 11:48 PM
Can’t believe I saw Tristan Thompson compared to Horace Grant itt. Ish encourages 3ball because the rest of you aren’t much smarter about basketball, with a few exceptions of course.

Tristan Thompson would have been an all star in the 90s. The era so many of these guys praise for its quality. :lol

PejaTheSerbSnip
06-16-2023, 03:48 AM
Am I crazy or was Grant NOT the #2 scorer on a 55 win team??

Seriously, is this something to be concerned about? Am I imagining things?

This guy isn’t content with Jordan being the GOAT (which, IMO, he is).

No, he has to devise the most convoluted and dumb-guys-idea-of-what-a-smart-guy-sounds-like case for why he is, which in a hilarious twist of fate only makes Jordan somehow look worse.

SATAN
06-16-2023, 05:44 AM

No, he has to devise the most convoluted and dumb-guys-idea-of-what-a-smart-guy-sounds-like case for why he is, which in a hilarious twist of fate only makes Jordan somehow look worse.

Pretty sure he's really a LeBron and Pippen fan.

Phoenix
06-16-2023, 07:21 AM

The extreme cases for both the Jordan and Lebron camps mostly draw unnecessary heat,moreso than convince the other side of the same talking points that's been parroted a million times by now. I don't think I've seen any other all-time greats teammates being torn down to the levels of these two expressly to argue their respective greatness. McHale being great in his own right doesn't make Bird worse as a player or lesser in terms of greatness, but this is the kindergarten discourse we've descended to with basketball. I dont follow other sports to the same level to know whether or not its similarly as toxic and pointless arguing past and present greats.

It's become like Batman and Joker where neither side refuse to kill the other.

I click on 3balls threads nowadays to see whether or not he's been banned.

nayte
06-16-2023, 08:01 AM
I just ignore his threads . Why you lot don't I will never get lol

Phoenix
06-16-2023, 08:41 AM
I just ignore his threads . Why you lot don't I will never get lol

I mean you did click on this thread :lol but your point is taken. The better idea is just to not get entangled in long, pointless debates. Leave him in his little world fighting whatever war he thinks he needs to be fighting.

nayte
06-16-2023, 09:13 AM
Ha yeah true I did . And yeah any point you make goal posts are gonna shift .I gather you enjoy watching the posts move lol

97 bulls
06-16-2023, 09:25 AM
The extreme cases for both the Jordan and Lebron camps mostly draw unnecessary heat,moreso than convince the other side of the same talking points that's been parroted a million times by now. I don't think I've seen any other all-time greats teammates being torn down to the levels of these two expressly to argue their respective greatness. McHale being great in his own right doesn't make Bird worse as a player or lesser in terms of greatness, but this is the kindergarten discourse we've descended to with basketball. I dont follow other sports to the same level to know whether or not its similarly as toxic and pointless arguing past and present greats.

It's become like Batman and Joker where neither side refuse to kill the other.

I click on 3balls threads nowadays to see whether or not he's been banned.

My point exactly. Great points Phoenix

ShawkFactory
06-16-2023, 09:45 AM
The Heat's third option this finals was Duncan freaking Robinson. :lol

What? How did you come to that conclusion?

Phoenix
06-16-2023, 11:20 AM
Ha yeah true I did . And yeah any point you make goal posts are gonna shift .I gather you enjoy watching the posts move lol

I just find it interesting the lengths some will go to for this stuff.

Duffy Pratt
06-16-2023, 06:12 PM
What? How did you come to that conclusion?

Vincent, Martin, Lowry, and Strus don’t count. So instead of being the 7th option, Robinson leaps to number 3.

Hey Yo
06-16-2023, 06:26 PM

Rodman was the 5th option on the 96 Bulls, yet still received multiple FMVP votes for his 7ppg avg.

Why is that?